Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Comic Book Subscription? [CLOSED]
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#1 Posted: 00:00:21 03/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Has anyone found where we can subscribe to the Skylanders comic book? I am hoping that IDW will send it via USPS to my door.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#2 Posted: 00:47:52 03/08/2014
Any comic shop will do a subscription for you. Just go in and say you would like to buy the Skylanders comic as it comes out and they will set a copy aside for you. There is no additional cost and it will be waiting for you on the day it's released. Not too many companies do direct comic subs anymore as far as I know. There are online subscription sites you can use but they don't generally offer anything all that special.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 14:49:29 03/08/2014
Yeah I don't believe that they will ship the comic to you, but like IWHBYD said, your local comic shop should be able to help you out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#4 Posted: 18:20:09 03/08/2014
mycomicshop.com would be one to look in to.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#5 Posted: 09:43:05 06/08/2014
Comixology has the comic in question, should you be after a virtual one (and moreso for people without access to comic shops like myself).
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#6 Posted: 16:32:30 07/08/2014
Quote: Nelomet
Comixology has the comic in question, should you be after a virtual one (and moreso for people without access to comic shops like myself).

Same here. Purchased issue# 0 and subscribed, new issues set to begin in the Fall. $3.99 is a little pricey though. The comic was only 16 story pages, although the 4 bios at the end were a nice touch. I'm almost hoping they're monthly or bi-weekly.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 02:37:12 08/08/2014
Comics are $4 now and 16 pages. Wow. I have physical comics, but I agree digital is the way to go on this one.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#8 Posted: 04:24:41 14/08/2014
Quote: IWHBYD
Any comic shop will do a subscription for you. Just go in and say you would like to buy the Skylanders comic as it comes out and they will set a copy aside for you. There is no additional cost and it will be waiting for you on the day it's released. Not too many companies do direct comic subs anymore as far as I know. There are online subscription sites you can use but they don't generally offer anything all that special.

Marvel and DC both still do direct subs. Not sure about the indie companies. And if you are looking to do a subscription through a comic book store, they will typically have a minimum amount you have to have on your pull list, but once you set up a pull list, you will typically get a discount. Mine is at least 5 comics, and I get a 20% discount. You're most likely not gonna be able to just sub to one comic in a comic shop. \

And this seems like a comic that most shops may order the minimum amount, if any. If you have a Hastings nearby, I think they may do single comic subscriptions.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#9 Posted: 19:13:28 14/08/2014
Quote: czs716
Quote: IWHBYD

Marvel and DC both still do direct subs. Not sure about the indie companies. And if you are looking to do a subscription through a comic book store, they will typically have a minimum amount you have to have on your pull list, but once you set up a pull list, you will typically get a discount. Mine is at least 5 comics, and I get a 20% discount. You're most likely not gonna be able to just sub to one comic in a comic shop. \

And this seems like a comic that most shops may order the minimum amount, if any. If you have a Hastings nearby, I think they may do single comic subscriptions.

Where do they do subscriptions? I haven't seen an order form in a comic for many years and I don't see subs on the DC website. I've never heard of a comic shop that has a minimum, but I can only speak for my local shops.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me