Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > I got this weird email from a call of duty account...
Page 1 of 1
I got this weird email from a call of duty account... [CLOSED]
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#1 Posted: 01:29:05 02/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Did anyone else get this? Is it legit?

IMPORTANT: Action required to retain access to your Activision accounts.

You are receiving this email because you have both an Activision online account and an ACTIVATE mobile account registered to the above email address.

To simplify account management we plan to merge these two accounts into a single account. All of your saved data will be preserved and available in the single account. The account password will be the same as your original Activision account.

To merge these two accounts into a single account, please click on the links below. You must click both links below by August 18th to retain access to your account data:

Activision console account validation: click here

ACTIVATE mobile account validation: click here

If you do not click on both of the above links, both your Activision online account and ACTIVATE mobile account will be marked inactive as of September 2, 2014 and access will no longer be possible. In addition, please note that if your account becomes inactive your game data and/or progress may be lost.

We appreciate your taking time to help us simplify and improve our service to our dedicated community of gamers.

Thank you

Legal | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
© 2014 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc.
You are receiving this email because you have both an Activision online account and an ACTIVATE mobile account registered to the above email address.
Activision Publishing, Inc., 3100 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#2 Posted: 01:42:49 02/08/2014
I also received that email today. You click the links yet?
#3 Posted: 01:51:24 02/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Nope. That's why I'm asking here.
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#4 Posted: 01:59:36 02/08/2014
Fair enough. :-)
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#5 Posted: 03:03:18 02/08/2014
I got one too, I don't think I have a console account, just the Activate account. That's why this sounds fishy to me. I'd like to know if this is real or not.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#6 Posted: 11:57:12 02/08/2014
Same here, looking into it on the web. Not clicking until we can verify it's legit.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#7 Posted: 12:05:56 02/08/2014
It doesn't ask for your password or username. It just wants to verify the email addresses are still linked to those accounts. When you click the link, you just get a notification that your email is confirmed.
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
Crushlander Green Sparx Gems: 165
#8 Posted: 18:32:18 02/08/2014
I received too not usted yet but my LI game reset to level 1 : (
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#9 Posted: 13:47:22 03/08/2014
I got that email. I do have an account for both Skylanders and Call of Duty, so it didn't seem fishy to me. As mentioned earlier, clicking the links doesn't send you to a page asking you to enter credentials, so there's no harm in clicking them.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
#10 Posted: 14:33:20 03/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I tried clicking on it, but it said the email had expired so I had to log on to request a new one, but I can't seem to get to the activate site to do that.

What a pain.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:33:53 03/08/2014 by bjornolf
aerdrie Green Sparx Gems: 210
#11 Posted: 15:48:19 03/08/2014
I'm still confused by this email, I have never had a console activision account, so how could they verify my email address? Yet when I clicked on the console link it said I was verified. Last console I had was a PS2 that I sold 5 years ago, and Call of Duty has never been on my play list.
#12 Posted: 17:35:30 03/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't play call of duty either, but there are a lot of Activision games out there. Maybe you have an Activision PC game?
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#13 Posted: 02:23:53 04/08/2014
The Activision account isn't a console account. It's a login for their website as well. I don't have a console account, but I do for their website. Since they're merging the two accounts, I think it's a matter of confirming your e-mail for both to be able to link them together, even if you don't have one or the other. And it's not a Call of Duty account. I don't know why they're using that branding or website, but I'm pretty sure it's from Activision as I'm pretty sure they own the callofduty.com domain that it goes to.
#14 Posted: 17:09:44 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yea, it was just weird that it came from news@em.callofduty.com. How was I supposed to know?

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm hosed. The link says it's expired and I have to log in to request a new one. Problem is, I see no way to do that. In game Activate account doesn't seem have an option for it, and everything on the web seems to be shut down already. Annoying that the email says I have until August 18th, but the link was expired two days ago.
Bitgod Red Sparx Gems: 37
#15 Posted: 01:58:59 06/08/2014
Yeah, got that email and I started to contact Activision to see if it was legit, but said the heck with it and followed the link. Pretty sure it's legit, it never asked me for a password, so it didn't try to phish me. All it lead to was 2 pages with a button to click, and that linked the accounts I guess.

Whiiiiiich brings me to a new problem that I bet is associated with this whole account thing. Tried launching the game yesterday and all my data was gone! And I would have signed back into Activate using what I assume to need to use, which is the password for the Activision account, but the info said that if I sign in, it'll replace the data in the cloud with what's on the device, which is the exact OPPOSITE of what I want. So I'm giving it a little time, did some minor *****ing on their forums, will get more *****y in a few days if it's not fixed. This is the kind of crap that reminds me why F2P games suck and to not spend money on them, cuz if I don't recover all the crap I've built up over the past 13 months or so, then it was just a waste of money.
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#16 Posted: 18:52:27 06/08/2014
Hello darkSpyro,

Please note that the email you received from the “Call of Duty” account can be from Guitar Hero, Skylanders website, Spiderman, Transformers, or other Activision games or websites. Please use the email link to confirm your accounts by 8/18 to avoid potential loss of data.

If you received an email and confirmed the accounts, your password as of September 2nd will now be the password from your Activision account, instead of the password from your ACTIVATE account. If you don’t remember the password, you can reset it on or after September 2nd.

If you only have an ACTIVATE account, you will not receive an email asking to confirm your email address and your ACTIVATE account should continue to work the same after September 2nd. However, you may need to log back in to your account.

If you have accounts with Activision and haven’t received an email, please check your SPAM/Junk folders as it may have been directed there.

If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to Activision’s Customer Support (https://support.activision.com/) or Activision’s Twitter (@ATVIAssist).

Thank you for your patience.

- AO
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#17 Posted: 10:43:57 07/08/2014
Advisor_Orville is back? It's been a long time.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#18 Posted: 12:39:47 29/08/2014
Anyone else really nervous about this changeover on September 2nd?

I'm considering playing in airplane mode for a few days in case there is an initial glitch. My problem is that I no longer have access to the e-mail account that was used for my activate account. If I have to login again, fingers crossed I can remember. If I can't remember, or it was changed as part of the merger, my account is toast.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#19 Posted: 13:34:54 29/08/2014
I'd be worried too...my wife has twice lost her progress. If that were to happen to me, I would definitely 100% no doubt about it throw in the towel, delete the app, and never look back. I'm growing really weary of the Free to Play style, clicking-as-a-game anyway.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#20 Posted: 13:36:56 29/08/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Anyone else really nervous about this changeover on September 2nd?

I'm considering playing in airplane mode for a few days in case there is an initial glitch. My problem is that I no longer have access to the e-mail account that was used for my activate account. If I have to login again, fingers crossed I can remember. If I can't remember, or it was changed as part of the merger, my account is toast.

Just a word for future note, I found after a few of these cases years back that it is best to have your primary email account be Gmail (which practically every device/email program will recognize and set up). That way it is portable if you move/change ISP. I once upon a time used the account provided by my ISP, but after some pain when we moved I decided I didn't want to be tied to my ISP by my email address others use to contact me. They take advantage that people will be reluctant to change providers if they will lose their email to retain them. I'd prefer to base my decision on who I get it from price/reliability - and it made my decision easy when Time Warner started having weird outages in my area.

Create an account now and slowly move over to it and you won't regret it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me