Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 46 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2251 Posted: 01:11:15 08/04/2015
seriously this is the first I'm hearing of Luigi being top tier

can someone please explain to me how in the heck he got there
---
you never saw me
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2252 Posted: 01:12:12 08/04/2015
Quote: I-Brawler

He's not top tier. He's high tier, along with Mario.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#2253 Posted: 01:22:41 08/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

He's not top tier. He's high tier, along with Mario.

Oh. KK then.

need to go on a FG run ASAP to rack up some weegee wins
---
you never saw me
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2254 Posted: 01:31:37 08/04/2015
My brother thinks Mewtwo is a girl.... smilie
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#2255 Posted: 01:35:41 08/04/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

I'm guessing you haven't watched this movie then.

On the topic of Smash though, Mewtwo is technically Genderless, but its laugh in Melee, and its lines in Japanese in the same game hint towards male.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:42 08/04/2015 by I-Brawler
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2256 Posted: 03:44:03 08/04/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

..There isn't just one Mewtwo, there are multiple. One is a "female," and the other is a "male."

The quotation marks meaning that Mewtwo is completely genderless, along with about 95% of all Legendary Pokemon.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2257 Posted: 12:39:39 08/04/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
I'm up to smash if anyone else is.

Quote: mega spyro
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Diddy's just broken as hell, and I expect that he's fixed with the new update coming on the 15th, so that's why he's apparently god tier smilie

How is it that he's so good? I've tried him a couple times, and I don't know why he is so good. Is there some kind of strategy that I'm missing, or what?

Down throw Up air

Sorry, but there is nothing special about that combo.

Quote: Mrmorrises
Personally, I find Zero Suit Samus to be the most overpowered character in the game, though that's probably just because her play style and attacks go well with me and I'm just good with her. I'm working on utilizing the seemingly greater potential that Rosalina and Sheik have. Oh and yes, Diddy Kong is broken.

ZSS, Diddy and Shiek just have fast movement speed. Their specials are actually kind of slow, and they basically rely on being able to combo for as long as possible because they take hits horribly. Even the big guys can't be countered forever, and the big guys, as slow and combo lacking as they are, can usually KO those characters in only a few hits.
#2258 Posted: 14:05:30 08/04/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
I'm up to smash if anyone else is.

Quote: mega spyro

How is it that he's so good? I've tried him a couple times, and I don't know why he is so good. Is there some kind of strategy that I'm missing, or what?

Down throw Up air

Sorry, but there is nothing special about that combo.

Personally, I find Zero Suit Samus to be the most overpowered character in the game, though that's probably just because her play style and attacks go well with me and I'm just good with her. I'm working on utilizing the seemingly greater potential that Rosalina and Sheik have. Oh and yes, Diddy Kong is broken.

ZSS, Diddy and Shiek just have fast movement speed. Their specials are actually kind of slow, and they basically rely on being able to combo for as long as possible because they take hits horribly. Even the big guys can't be countered forever, and the big guys, as slow and combo lacking as they are, can usually KO those characters in only a few hits.

let me just

there is everything special about that combo

Diddy's up air is a very strong K.O. move at mid percentages when near the upper blast line. And his down throw leads right into 2 or 3 of them.
---
you never saw me
#2259 Posted: 14:57:10 08/04/2015
Honestly I don't think Diddy's down throw to up air combo is all that special. Simply because so many characters have great down throw to something combos. I KO'd a Marth player yesterday with Rosalina's Up air at 40%. I've also seen Diddy get KO'd by it as early as 20%. And her Down Throw sets up for it perfectly, as does her up throw.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:23 08/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2260 Posted: 18:21:34 08/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

I'm just gonna leave this here.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:13 08/04/2015 by Lunarz
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2261 Posted: 18:27:59 08/04/2015
Quote: Lunarz
[User Posted Image]

Pretty accurate.
#2262 Posted: 18:28:09 08/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

That was made before the Wii U version came out.

Tier lists are not constant, they change and develop over time. Sonic and Yoshi were bumped up a while ago because people discovered loads of cool tricks and combos with Sonic, and the sheer solidity of Yoshi's toolset. ZSS was also bumped down because people learned how to deal with her stun gun and Down B, which were the two things keeping her so high.
---
#2263 Posted: 18:30:58 08/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

Tier lists are not constant, they change and develop over time. Sonic and Yoshi were bumped up a while ago because people discovered loads of cool tricks and combos with Sonic, and the sheer solidity of Yoshi's toolset. ZSS was also bumped down because people learned how to deal with her stun gun and Down B, which were the two things keeping her so high.

Where? Just general public opinion?
#2264 Posted: 18:34:49 08/04/2015
LUIGI HOW DID YOU GET SO HIGH UP
---
you never saw me
#2265 Posted: 18:37:25 08/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

Ah, I see now it was made in February.

It's a culmination of votes from the 'Official' /r/ Smash bros page.

I found a more reliable list. http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/ Or so I believe.

Once again all of you are obviously far more versed in Smash so if this list is just bull**** then call it out.
---
#2266 Posted: 18:52:18 08/04/2015

Ah, I see now it was made in February.

It's a culmination of votes from the 'Official' /r/ Smash bros page.

I found a more reliable list. http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/ Or so I believe.

Once again all of you are obviously far more versed in Smash so if this list is just bull**** then call it out.

Yeah, that's the list I look at, as it's the most credible one out there.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2267 Posted: 18:57:25 08/04/2015
LUIGI HOW DID YOU GET SO HIGH UP

IDFK LIKE WHAT
#2268 Posted: 18:58:49 08/04/2015
Customs off

[User Posted Image]

Customs on

[User Posted Image]
#2269 Posted: 19:06:22 08/04/2015
Why is my waifu Zelda on the bottom of that tier list? Take her off or I will eat you.

Also does Charizard actually suck? But Charizard is my boi ;~;

They should've brought Pokemon Trainer back and just buffed him tbh.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#2270 Posted: 19:10:58 08/04/2015
I personally don't listen to /r/smashbros tier list/ Mainly because everyone is so butthurt about who is op and who's not.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2271 Posted: 19:22:04 08/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I personally don't listen to /r/smashbros tier list/ Mainly because everyone is so butthurt about who is op and who's not.

I'M JUST ****ING HAPPY THAT LUIGI GETS HIS TIME TO SHINE

not yelling at you
---
you never saw me
#2272 Posted: 19:32:13 08/04/2015
Why is my waifu Zelda on the bottom of that tier list? Take her off or I will eat you.

Also does Charizard actually suck? But Charizard is my boi ;~;

They should've brought Pokemon Trainer back and just buffed him tbh.

No one in this game sucks (other than Mii swordfighter), but they're just not as good as others.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2273 Posted: 19:41:29 08/04/2015
r/smashbros tier lists are pretty damn ridiculous sometimes. Pac-Man was once at the bottom tier which is ridiculous considering how he is, and they only started to give him slight credit after APEX.

They ranked Ike super high once because of one decent tourney performance. They overrate Cpt. Falcon because he's just popular with everyone. And they underrate Palutena, Little Mac, and Falco, among other issues.

Honestly I don't think Diddy's down throw to up air combo is all that special. Simply because so many characters have great down throw to something combos.

I agree and disagree. HOO HAH is pretty damn good at setting up for a kill and his uair kills pretty easily. His fair also has good knockback at high percentages, which is what I often end up using instead of uair.

But at the same time I think R.O.B.'s d-throw > uair is the best in game. Deals good damage, can lead into two uairs if you know what you're doing, can set up into other strings, and can kill fairly easily.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:46 08/04/2015 by CAV
#2274 Posted: 19:42:58 08/04/2015
/r/smashbros have a crappy tier list, and eventhubs are not much better. They are basically popularity contests. I can literally go on eventhubs right now and give Mii Swordfighter a ton of votes if I wanted to.

A tier list is not supposed to be represent intermediate opinion, it is based off of character potential in high level play and tournament results.

EDIT: Hoo Hah is good but it's not inescapable as people claim it is, you can DI out of it. I find Rosalina and Mario have much better combos starting from their Down Throws, and Sonic has some really interesting things he can do with his too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:51 08/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#2275 Posted: 19:49:41 08/04/2015
What you all think of Lucario?

I know he's generally considered very good, but I feel like he's underrated.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2276 Posted: 19:54:01 08/04/2015

Lucario isn't really that great until he is at high damage. He's basically a clutch character.

It's a shame too, because if it weren't for the obnoxious Aura effect and if he had his power more consistently balanced, I would really like Lucario. In theory, his moveset is really diverse and covers a lot of bases.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2277 Posted: 19:54:24 08/04/2015
Lucario is pretty good. Personally I think he's a bit too weak at the start for my tastes, meaning that me playing him practically requires getting pummeled until aura really kicks in. His counter is the most difficult for me to land in the entire game and his side-B isn't very great for me.

But I definitely understand the appeal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:57 08/04/2015 by CAV
#2278 Posted: 19:54:28 08/04/2015

MAX AURA
---
you never saw me
#2279 Posted: 20:03:03 08/04/2015
Yoshi has been and always will be my greatest friend.

Also I hear there's a Yarn Yoshi amiibo.....So why wasn't Yarn Yoshi a skin in Smash and where is my Yarn Yoshi DLC right the heck now?
---
#2280 Posted: 20:05:45 08/04/2015
Any thoughts on DK?
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#2281 Posted: 20:08:18 08/04/2015

Also I hear there's a Yarn Yoshi amiibo.....So why wasn't Yarn Yoshi a skin in Smash and where is my Yarn Yoshi DLC right the heck now?

I've heard they're compatible with SSB, too. There's a stage for Wooly World, though.

I'm hoping for a Newcomer "Clones" DLC pack with Yarn Yoshi, Paper Mario, Kamui, etc., with each character having slight differences to their normal counterparts, or a completely different moveset altogether.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#2282 Posted: 20:09:09 08/04/2015
DK is pretty good slow but good
---
#2283 Posted: 20:10:12 08/04/2015
Quote: Qcumber

I've heard they're compatible with SSB, too. There's a stage for Wooly World, though.

I'm hoping for a Newcomer "Clones" DLC pack with Yarn Yoshi, Paper Mario, Kamui, etc., with each character having slight differences to their normal counterparts, or a completely different moveset altogether.

Honestly why isn't Paper Mario a character instead of stupid Dr. Mario? Paper Mario could EASILY have his own moveset, EASILY. And it'd be amazingly cool because he could use his TTYD ****erparts to do attacks (Let's be honest, screw the Super Paper mario partners and screw Sticker Star having no partners)
---
#2284 Posted: 20:12:20 08/04/2015
Or better yet we could just have Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, he's one of the best Nintendo villains and he could do anything Paper Mario could and more.
---
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#2285 Posted: 20:12:38 08/04/2015
Any thoughts on DK?

He's one of my favourite heavyweights along with Ike.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#2286 Posted: 20:14:39 08/04/2015
Or better yet we could just have Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, he's one of the best Nintendo villains and he could do anything Paper Mario could and more.

And yet Paper Mario still defeats him.
---
#2287 Posted: 20:15:28 08/04/2015
Question.

Am I the only one who feels like A LOT of characters have too much open/ending lag after moves? Charizard, Shulk and Robin suffer from this along. I now it's supposed to be balanced but it still feels like WAY TO MUCH.
---
#2288 Posted: 20:22:27 08/04/2015

Through the power of biased and "we have to make the mascot shine" writing, yeah. Same BS that caused Rosalina to "need Mario's help" even though she can fly and teleport and turn gigantic in a platforming game, and is basically the Mario universe's equivalent to god.
---
#2289 Posted: 20:49:10 08/04/2015

Through the power of biased and "we have to make the mascot shine" writing, yeah. Same BS that caused Rosalina to "need Mario's help" even though she can fly and teleport and turn gigantic in a platforming game, and is basically the Mario universe's equivalent to god.

But that's why I like Paper Mario, cuz it really isn't biased, at least TTYD isn't. You start off sucking like crazy and need to build yourself accordingly to your challenges and opponents.
---
#2290 Posted: 21:06:03 08/04/2015

But that's why I like Paper Mario, cuz it really isn't biased, at least TTYD isn't. You start off sucking like crazy and need to build yourself accordingly to your challenges and opponents.

Dimentio can teleport Mario to different dimensions. At will. If he did more of that, Mario would never beat him. Simple as that. It's just a case of "main character needs to win or look like the needed hero, so we will conveniently make it so that he can be", except they don't do it effectively in Mario games, they just automatically expect us to assume Mario is needed or is the best even if we see he clearly isn't.

This isn't even what I meant with my initial post, though. I just meant that I'd rather an actual character unique to the Paper Mario series in Smash than just Paper Mario. Paper Mario is just Mario drawn in a different art style. You could give him different moves, but why not just make a unique moveset for another Paper Mario character instead?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:58 08/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#2291 Posted: 21:16:57 08/04/2015
Am I the only one who feels like A LOT of characters have too much open/ending lag after moves? Charizard, Shulk and Robin suffer from this along. I now it's supposed to be balanced but it still feels like WAY TO MUCH.

But really, there is a lot more of it then in Brawl and Melee.
---
#2292 Posted: 21:20:38 08/04/2015

But really, there is a lot more of it then in Brawl and Melee.

There isn't. It's balanced on a move by move basis this time, rather than having an overarching slowness or speediness.
---
#2293 Posted: 21:31:01 08/04/2015

He's up there.One of the best and most versatile pokemon characters.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2294 Posted: 22:27:00 08/04/2015
Customs off

[User Posted Image]

Customs on

[User Posted Image]

I'm seeing something rather different on Event Hub. Wario, especially, is kind of high up there considering how low he is on Event Hub. Do people have different tiering?
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2295 Posted: 00:15:13 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Qcumber

Honestly why isn't Paper Mario a character instead of stupid Dr. Mario? Paper Mario could EASILY have his own moveset, EASILY. And it'd be amazingly cool because he could use his TTYD ****erparts to do attacks (Let's be honest, screw the Super Paper mario partners and screw Sticker Star having no partners)

Because of time constraints, they didn't have the time to make Paper Mario his own original character with custom assets, victory music, hit/hurt boxes, and stats different from everybody else in the cast. Instead of leaving the roster smaller than it is now, they took 3 of the existing models being used for Alternate costumes (Doc was a Mario alt, Lucina was a Marth alt, and Dark Pit an alt for Pit.), and took a short amount of time working on turning those 3 in separate fighters. They didn't say "Doctor Mario is a much better character choice than Paper Mario!", they didn't have a choice and did what made Doc into a character in the first place back in Melee, make him a last minute addition.
#2296 Posted: 00:54:31 09/04/2015
I'm pretty sure they never considered Paper Mario in the first place. There's been no indication of it.
---
#2297 Posted: 00:57:06 09/04/2015
I mean, not like I'm trying to....argue here, but they could've just taken Mario, given him some new textures, and flattened him like Mr G&W.

Though I don't think Mario's moves would fit in with Paper Mario but hey....*decent end to sentence*
---
you never saw me
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2298 Posted: 01:30:02 09/04/2015
I'm honestly happy to see that ROB, Wario, Game and Watch and the master King Dedede finally have a fighting chance now.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#2299 Posted: 02:27:12 09/04/2015
I mean, not like I'm trying to....argue here, but they could've just taken Mario, given him some new textures, and flattened him like Mr G&W.

Though I don't think Mario's moves would fit in with Paper Mario but hey....*decent end to sentence*

Paper Mario doesn't share like, any abilities with 3D mario other than his jump
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#2300 Posted: 02:32:41 09/04/2015

Paper Mario doesn't share like, any abilities with 3D mario other than his jump

Fire Balls, jumping for coins. and.....
First | Previous | Page 46 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me