Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2201 Posted: 22:43:20 05/04/2015
Quote: I-Brawler
Quote: MugoUrth

- Fast
- Down throw up air gives some people nightmares
- Small hurtbox
- Good knockback on most attacks
- Multi-hitting smash attacks

plus others

-Speed is not everything.
-I don't use throws very often, but I'm starting to think I should try them more often. I have to re-arrange the four-pad buttons because my shoulder buttons are broke.
-That does help for beginners, though if you're REALLY good, you can work with even a big character. ...I can't really say I'm there yet, but I've been trying to review videos for tips.
-Not sure about this one. Maybe good knockback, but his launching capabilities are not good.
-There's sort of advantages and disadvantages to that, aren't there?

- If not everything it is a very, very good tool in battle
- You should. Throws are great.
- Even so, having a small hurtbox makes you less likely to be hit in combos. Being Bowser among others makes you very easily combo'd.
- Knockback is launching, I believe
- Yeah, there are. But the big positive is that you can further your opponent's damage in the same attack to finish with the final hit of said attack.

-It's not as important as people think.
-I'll try it.
-True, I do find it hard to dodge with Bowser, but it can be done if you're really good at Smash Brothers.
-I'm not sure. If so, then Diddy's knockback is pretty bad. I think "Knockback" is just pushing opponents away and "Launching" is sending them flying.
-However, the opponent can block during small breaks of a multi-hit attack, which can throw you off.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2202 Posted: 22:50:40 05/04/2015

-Speed is not everything.
-I don't use throws very often, but I'm starting to think I should try them more often. I have to re-arrange the four-pad buttons because my shoulder buttons are broke.
-That does help for beginners, though if you're REALLY good, you can work with even a big character. ...I can't really say I'm there yet, but I've been trying to review videos for tips.
-Not sure about this one. Maybe good knockback, but his launching capabilities are not good.
-There's sort of advantages and disadvantages to that, aren't there?

- Even so, having a small hurtbox makes you less likely to be hit in combos. Being Bowser among others makes you very easily combo'd.
- Yeah, there are. But the big positive is that you can further your opponent's damage in the same attack to finish with the final hit of said attack.

-I'll try it.
-True, I do find it hard to dodge with Bowser, but it can be done if you're really good at Smash Brothers.
-I'm not sure. If so, then Diddy's knockback is pretty bad. I think "Knockback" is just pushing opponents away and "Launching" is sending them flying.
-However, the opponent can block during small breaks of a multi-hit attack, which can throw you off.

- It actually is quite important. Not saying I completely agree with the tier list, but what do the top 5 all have in common? Apart from Rosalina. She has Luma.
- yes do
- Can be done, yes. Easier than with Diddy, no.
- I am pretty sure knockback is the sort of "launching" effect most attacks have. Damage determines how much further they fly from the set knockback.
- Not if you're caught in the middle of the attack you can't.
---
you never saw me
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2203 Posted: 23:09:47 05/04/2015

-I'll try it.

- It actually is quite important. Not saying I completely agree with the tier list, but what do the top 5 all have in common? Apart from Rosalina. She has Luma.
- yes do
- Can be done, yes. Easier than with Diddy, no.
- I am pretty sure knockback is the sort of "launching" effect most attacks have. Damage determines how much further they fly from the set knockback.
- Not if you're caught in the middle of the attack you can't.

This. Diddy Kong does have an extensive learning curve, but people who are good with him are a nightmare to fight.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2204 Posted: 23:15:13 05/04/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

When people get that angry, that's my cue to cut them some slack. Antagonizing them further does not make you the better person. Also the whole "Oh can't a guy have a good laugh" excuse is asinine in itself.

No I was not. Unfortunately I don't get to go online very often on my 3DS. I can only do so about three times a week when I got to a local library before work, and only for ten minutes or so.

By bringing them up here, he IS calling them out. Those people see this, they will NOT be happy. I don't care how butthurt they were, adding insult to injury is asinine.

This coming from the person who bullied and insulted multiple people over one of the stupidest reasons ever? I fail to see the point you're trying to make.

I am an ass to people who are assholes themselves, no one else. If I bullied and insulted people, that's because they made really insulting and offensive comments for no good reason, and tried to justify it with the usual excuse. "Oh, we were just joking, that makes it okay to insult someone." You're an idiot if you think it was a stupid reason for me to insult others.

Now I do NOT want to discuss this any further, okay? If you really need to talk about it, do it in VM.

I'm starting to think tiers are dumb. I see a lot of really powerful characters in lower tiers, yet awful characters with terrible smashing capabilities and sucky moves only an idiot would fall for (Shiek/Diddy Kong) are supposedly god tier.

Not entirely true. I tried to stay a neutral party and speak calmly in that topic and you still threw insults at me.

Tiers never are perfect. It inevitably comes down to who one is good with. Smash ones are often designed by what characters win in tournaments the most, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to win with anyone else. Though in some cases the lower tier characters belong there. Just because a character has tough moves doesn't make them a good fighter. Speed can be good to help dodge not to mention good attacks to hit hard with. You can't just have a character that punches hard, you need one that can move around and avoid getting taken down too easily. Shiek has good speed but doesn't really hit the hardest. Though in the opposite you have characters like Bowser that can hit hard but are big walking targets that don't move very fast and take a ton of damage being unable to keep up with more nimble characters.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#2205 Posted: 00:51:51 06/04/2015
Also his rocket can spike for some reason.
camoses Blue Sparx Gems: 768
#2206 Posted: 01:01:52 06/04/2015
Quote: somePerson

it is stronger but not as good of a recovery it seems.
---
The great cornholio!
#2207 Posted: 01:03:42 06/04/2015
Quote: camoses

it is stronger but not as good of a recovery it seems.

It is actually quite the good recovery, as it can be charged, and be angled mid-flight.
---
you never saw me
#2208 Posted: 01:13:58 06/04/2015
Quote: Seiki

This coming from the person who bullied and insulted multiple people over one of the stupidest reasons ever? I fail to see the point you're trying to make.

I am an ass to people who are assholes themselves, no one else. If I bullied and insulted people, that's because they made really insulting and offensive comments for no good reason, and tried to justify it with the usual excuse. "Oh, we were just joking, that makes it okay to insult someone." You're an idiot if you think it was a stupid reason for me to insult others.

Now I do NOT want to discuss this any further, okay? If you really need to talk about it, do it in VM.

I'm starting to think tiers are dumb. I see a lot of really powerful characters in lower tiers, yet awful characters with terrible smashing capabilities and sucky moves only an idiot would fall for (Shiek/Diddy Kong) are supposedly god tier.

Not entirely true. I tried to stay a neutral party and speak calmly in that topic and you still threw insults at me.

Tiers never are perfect. It inevitably comes down to who one is good with. Smash ones are often designed by what characters win in tournaments the most, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to win with anyone else. Though in some cases the lower tier characters belong there. Just because a character has tough moves doesn't make them a good fighter. Speed can be good to help dodge not to mention good attacks to hit hard with. You can't just have a character that punches hard, you need one that can move around and avoid getting taken down too easily. Shiek has good speed but doesn't really hit the hardest. Though in the opposite you have characters like Bowser that can hit hard but are big walking targets that don't move very fast and take a ton of damage being unable to keep up with more nimble characters.

You were trying to justify shoving opinions down people's throats, but I'd rather not get into that.

Metaknight. Speed means nothing if you have no way of killing your opponent, which is a reason that Metaknight is low tier, because even though he's small and fast, he has ridiculously poor launching abilities. Bowser is low tier because it's really hard dodging attacks with him. However, Bowser's power is catastrophic, and he can kill opponents in only a few hits. Dodging with him does rely on how intelligent you are, and sometimes you have to be REALLY crafty to do it. Fighting against ZSS is a pain with him, but I usually manage to KO really good ZSS players at least once with Bowser, but dodging is a big obstacle.

All in all though, I prefer to use big bruiser characters. They're usually more fun to play for me, look cooler, and honestly I think speed in general (in video games, not just Smash Brothers) is overrated.

What the heck decides randoms select in AI opponents? I fight AI opponents a lot, and I tend to fight Marth, Ganondorf, and R.O.B. way more than other opponents. I don't even remember the last time I fought Mario.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2209 Posted: 02:32:19 06/04/2015
Speed actually is fairly important. Characters that are fast and capable of throwing several attacks your way while being able to avoid getting hit (Diddy, ZSS, Sonic, etc) tend to be considered among the best in the game, and usually better than more powerful, slower characters like Ganondorf. Power is absolutely a great thing to have and a powerful move can send anyone flying once you make contact. But the professional Smash scene has often been centered around being swift and having good air game.

I do think certain power characters like Bowser are underrated, but it does make sense why many people would talk more highly of faster characters. Let's not forget that even though this is Smash 4, people are still trying to play it like Melee.

Quote: AJAwesome
CAV, y u deny my request to join?! >.>

sP and I were meaning to have a 1v1 rematch for a while. Sorry.

I'm free tomorrow if you still want to fight.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:07 06/04/2015 by CAV
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#2210 Posted: 02:34:25 06/04/2015
Quote: CAV
Speed actually is fairly important. Characters that are fast and capable of throwing several attacks your way while being able to avoid getting hit (Diddy, ZSS, Sonic, etc) tend to be considered among the best in the game, and usually better than more powerful, slower characters like Ganondorf. Power is absolutely a great thing to have and a powerful move can send anyone flying once you make contact. But the professional Smash scene has often been centered around being swift and having good air game.

mewtwo hopeful will be great in the smash 4 scene by the looks of it
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#2211 Posted: 02:39:40 06/04/2015
How many times can you vote for the ballot thing?
---
Team Hot Dog!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#2212 Posted: 02:41:49 06/04/2015
Quote: Kevinvert
How many times can you vote for the ballot thing?

as many times as you want really
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#2213 Posted: 02:51:30 06/04/2015
Here is what the site says Quote:
Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.
---
Team Hot Dog!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2214 Posted: 02:53:19 06/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.

There really is no info on how the votes are taken, but it seems to accept more than one votes per person.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2215 Posted: 03:16:35 06/04/2015

The site may say that, but it doesn't regulate it. You don't have to put in any personal info such as a name or email address to differentiate the votes between the ones voting for them. Then after submitting a vote, you can very easily go back to the homepage and click the link again to submit a new vote. At no point during the process does it tell you you cannot as you've already made a submission.

Personally, I've already made 4 different votes.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2216 Posted: 12:44:18 06/04/2015

I do think certain power characters like Bowser are underrated, but it does make sense why many people would talk more highly of faster characters. Let's not forget that even though this is Smash 4, people are still trying to play it like Melee.

Like I said, I'll always be a power over speed guy. It's just more satisfying for me to deal lots of damage in a few hits than over a complicated series of hits. I see why people don't play as Bowser, but I still like using him.

Fox is another character I don't get. In Melee he was supposedly the highest tiered character in the game, yet he had the absolute worst smashing abilities. Mario, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, even PICHU could smash better than him. It can NOT just be mere speed that decided he was the highest tiered character.
#2217 Posted: 14:37:30 06/04/2015
Then what do you mean by "worst smashing abilities"? Sorry, just don't understand what you mean.

g&w smashez op tho get rekt by da hammer
---
you never saw me
#2218 Posted: 16:00:32 06/04/2015
Then what do you mean by "worst smashing abilities"? Sorry, just don't understand what you mean.

Fox was the only character that had no special moves capable of launching the opponent. In addition, even his Smash attacks are generally weak. In order to kill with him, you'd have to deal LOTS of damage or get creative, which works less often than it doesn't. I don't care if he's supposedly the fastest character in Melee, smashing capabilities count too.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:03:30 06/04/2015 by MugoUrth
#2219 Posted: 16:13:09 06/04/2015

Fox was the only character that had no special moves capable of launching the opponent. In addition, even his Smash attacks are generally weak. In order to kill with him, you'd have to deal LOTS of damage or get creative, which works less often than it doesn't. I don't care if he's supposedly the fastest character in Melee, smashing capabilities count too.

Woah woah woah there.

If you're talking specials, Fire Fox can kill at higher percentages, and sometimes lower due to its multi hitting. Not super high, but like mid-high.

As for Smash attacks, I have no idea why you would say that. If you've ever used Fox before, regardless of game, you'd know that his smash attacks are about as average as everyone else. They're kind of in the middle.

Again, not saying I agree with tiers, but...
---
you never saw me
#2220 Posted: 18:31:57 06/04/2015
Like I said, I'll always be a power over speed guy. It's just more satisfying for me to deal lots of damage in a few hits than over a complicated series of hits. I see why people don't play as Bowser, but I still like using him.

Fox is another character I don't get. In Melee he was supposedly the highest tiered character in the game, yet he had the absolute worst smashing abilities. Mario, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, even PICHU could smash better than him. It can NOT just be mere speed that decided he was the highest tiered character.

Nothing wrong with being power over speed. Don't let tier lists affect who you play as. Play who you like the most.

I think with Fox it's because of how fast he was in both movement and strikes that could go around you and not give you a break, and that he had a great air game which meant he could drag you off stage, hit you multiple times, make it impossible for you to recover, and still recover himself. Just check out Mango's Fox on Youtube if you want examples.

You don't necessarily need special moves to kill, though his up B had pretty good knockback (as opposed to Falco, who's up B would drag the opponent). And his reflector could kill if doing what I mentioned above, or if a powerful projectile is headed your way.

I've always preferred Falco in every Smash game, but I do understand why Fox has the high reputation he does.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:25 06/04/2015 by CAV
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2221 Posted: 19:07:12 06/04/2015

Marth can kill in the 60s

Here we come S rank
#2222 Posted: 19:39:16 06/04/2015
Nothing wrong with being power over speed. Don't let tier lists affect who you play as. Play who you like the most.

I play as Bowser a lot. I don't win very many battles though, but I do have good luck against those Fire Emblem characters that I usually lose against with any other character. Bowser's actually not a bad character to use since he has two moves he can use to destroy counter spammers like Marth/Ike/Lucina.

Sometimes I do switch things up though. I notice I'm actually not too bad with Peach, though her counter move is hard to use since it starts up later than other counters. I sometimes play as Yoshi, and I used to play as WiiFit Trainer (Another underrated character IMO) and Rosalina and Luma a lot, but I also play as Duck Hunt alot in team battle. I've also kind of made it a habit of playing as Pac-Man every time I hear "Pac-Man Fever" on the radio.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:03 06/04/2015 by MugoUrth
#2223 Posted: 19:45:20 06/04/2015
wai u al ignore meh vidio smilie
#2224 Posted: 19:58:07 06/04/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
wai u al ignore meh vidio :(

omg awesome vidio mesu
---
you never saw me
#2225 Posted: 20:09:51 06/04/2015
wai u al ignore meh vidio smilie

omg awesome vidio mesu

<33333333
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#2226 Posted: 20:26:07 06/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

-----
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#2227 Posted: 20:39:10 06/04/2015
Quote: Mitt rox
[User Posted Image]

-----

All i needed was this. I'm sold, Sign me up, Give me a gun & i'ma march.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2228 Posted: 21:28:20 06/04/2015
Diddy's just broken as hell, and I expect that he's fixed with the new update coming on the 15th, so that's why he's apparently god tier smilie

How is it that he's so good? I've tried him a couple times, and I don't know why he is so good. Is there some kind of strategy that I'm missing, or what?
---
Dead
#2229 Posted: 21:58:21 06/04/2015
I'm up to smash if anyone else is.

Quote: mega spyro
Diddy's just broken as hell, and I expect that he's fixed with the new update coming on the 15th, so that's why he's apparently god tier smilie

How is it that he's so good? I've tried him a couple times, and I don't know why he is so good. Is there some kind of strategy that I'm missing, or what?

Down throw Up air
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:54 06/04/2015 by Mesuxelf
#2230 Posted: 22:05:25 06/04/2015
Quote: mega spyro

You're not alone.
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#2231 Posted: 22:53:15 06/04/2015
Quote: Knight Wolf
Quote: Mitt rox
[User Posted Image]

-----

All i needed was this. I'm sold, Sign me up, Give me a gun & i'ma march.

np m8!

[User Posted Image]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2232 Posted: 01:12:09 07/04/2015

Here we come S rank

It's no secret that Marth can KO real early with his tipper. He's still not that great though. Very stiff, and his range isn't as great as it used to be in Melee. Solo Rosalina out ranges Marth, and Rosalina is the new god of spacing shenanigans in general in this game. And can KO even earlier at a more reliable rate, and is quicker overall. And has a partner.

------

Also Diddy is not broken and is not the best in the game. I think Rosalina is the best in the game, there just aren't enough good players for her. She has a lot of amazing ATs and if a player were to master all of them, as well as master manipulating Rosalina and Luma as two separate entities, they would be unstoppable.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#2233 Posted: 01:21:44 07/04/2015

because i felt like it
---
you never saw me
#2234 Posted: 02:02:38 07/04/2015
Personally, I find Zero Suit Samus to be the most overpowered character in the game, though that's probably just because her play style and attacks go well with me and I'm just good with her. I'm working on utilizing the seemingly greater potential that Rosalina and Sheik have. Oh and yes, Diddy Kong is broken.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:44 07/04/2015 by Mrmorrises
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#2235 Posted: 03:12:10 07/04/2015
What's all these crappy TV recordings lately?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2236 Posted: 07:24:13 07/04/2015
The characters I want most in Smash are Chibi-Robo, Rayman, Dimentio, King K Rool, Medusa and Vile. Ridley, Ashley and Waluigi would be nice too, but highly unlikely.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#2237 Posted: 10:39:56 07/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Here we come S rank

It's no secret that Marth can KO real early with his tipper. He's still not that great though. Very stiff, and his range isn't as great as it used to be in Melee. Solo Rosalina out ranges Marth, and Rosalina is the new god of spacing shenanigans in general in this game. And can KO even earlier at a more reliable rate, and is quicker overall. And has a partner.

Marth seems to only be able to kill with his tipper under 100% with his Forward Smash(and sheild breaker, but w/e , and even then you have to charge it a bit if you want to kill under 80%.

What's all these crappy TV recordings lately?

We're poor.
#2238 Posted: 11:34:38 07/04/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
Personally, I find Zero Suit Samus to be the most overpowered character in the game, though that's probably just because her play style and attacks go well with me and I'm just good with her. I'm working on utilizing the seemingly greater potential that Rosalina and Sheik have. Oh and yes, Diddy Kong is broken.

Diddy is not broken. Broken is Brawl Meta Knight. Diddy is nowhere near that, and the claim that he is the best in the game at all is arguable.
---
#2239 Posted: 15:08:10 07/04/2015

Nobody in Smash 4 is broken per say. Just unbalanced (like Palutena on the other end of the spectrum).
#2240 Posted: 19:12:23 07/04/2015

Diddy is not broken. Broken is Brawl Meta Knight. Diddy is nowhere near that, and the claim that he is the best in the game at all is arguable.

I don't think he's the best, but he's definitely very far up near the top along with Rosalina, Zero Suit Samus, and the dastardly Sheik.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2241 Posted: 21:59:30 07/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
The characters I want most in Smash are Chibi-Robo, Rayman, Dimentio, King K Rool, Medusa and Vile. Ridley, Ashley and Waluigi would be nice too, but highly unlikely.

I can't see Ridley, Ashley, or Waluigi, due to Ridley already being a boss, and Ashley/Waluigi being Assist Trophies.
---
words. letters. filler.
#2242 Posted: 00:01:05 08/04/2015
The generally accepted top 5 are Diddy, Rosalina, Sheik, Sonic, and Yoshi, in the professional scene and by "casual competitive" players alike.
---
#2243 Posted: 00:07:42 08/04/2015
^Not ZSS? I'm surprised.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2244 Posted: 00:09:28 08/04/2015
anyway......Anyone want to smash?im fugaljoker on nintendo network
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#2245 Posted: 00:19:51 08/04/2015
The generally accepted top 5 are Diddy, Rosalina, Sheik, Sonic, and Yoshi, in the professional scene and by "casual competitive" players alike.

Why Sonic and Yoshi over ZSS and Luigi?
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2246 Posted: 00:25:40 08/04/2015

He meant 'Lunarz's Yoshi'
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#2247 Posted: 00:43:32 08/04/2015
Quote: Lunarz

He meant 'Lunarz's Yoshi'

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused for a second.
#2248 Posted: 00:55:33 08/04/2015
wait luigi's top tier

when the **** did that happen
---
you never saw me
#2249 Posted: 01:00:45 08/04/2015

From where? Poles? Tier lists? I usually hear of the top 4 being Diddy Kong, Sheik, Rosalina and ZSS, with Sonic, Yoshi, Captain Falcon and Lucario being the next best group.
#2250 Posted: 01:07:12 08/04/2015

ZSS is very solid but she basically fills the same niche Sheik does, only Sheik handles it much better. ZSS also can have trouble getting KO's in as she lacks truly great finishers meaning it's easy to predict what she will do to KO you. Her aerials also focus too much at covering above her meaning she's easy to hit from below, and she's fairly light so you can KO her early. Rosalina's jab finisher can KO her from the edge as early as 110%.

Luigi has a great combo game but once again, all of the top tier characters beat him in this regard and he has very slow movement too. And while his Green Missile misfire and his Up B make for awesome clutch mechanics, they are not reliable. They are very situational and in the case of the misfire, it's completely random and based on luck.

Yoshi is probably the most solid character in the entire game. He may not have any really distinct, dominating mechanic, but the tools he has are so versatile and well balanced that you will never beat a good Yoshi player without legitimately outplaying them. He isn't really bad at anything either. He's classed as a heavyweight, yet he's quick in both the air and the ground. His attacks are fast and his aerials have little landing lag, yet he has plenty of combo potential and some great finishers. And he has unique mechanics like his Egg Lay and his super armour double jump that give him that extra edge. And the fact that he now stands upright gives him a much thinner hitbox than he had in previous games, as well as adding extra range to some attacks.

Sonic is an absolute rush down beast in this game. In Brawl, the only things holding him back were the overall sluggishness of Brawl (meaning he had slow attacks that did not go with his quick movement), and his lack of KO potential. He can pull off some serious combos in this game though thanks to this game being much more fluid and having mechanics that compliment Sonic, and his KO potential is greater than any other speedy character in the game. Forward Smash, Up Smash, Back Air, Forward Air, and Back Throw KO ridiculously early, and are pretty easy to hit with thanks to his speed. He also has quite a few ATs and mind games that he can pull of with his spin moves. He also has the most unpredictable meteor Smash in the game.
---
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me