Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Everything From Comic Con 2014 Skylanders Trap Team or Comics
Page 1 of 1
Everything From Comic Con 2014 Skylanders Trap Team or Comics [CLOSED]
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#1 Posted: 11:30:45 24/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Any Info/Pictures Post Here Please smilie
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#2 Posted: 12:41:12 24/07/2014
I think most of this will end up in the Trap Team section
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 13:27:52 24/07/2014
http://kotaku.com/these-arent-...mium-1610101050
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#4 Posted: 13:33:10 24/07/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

I NEED that Chop Chop!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#5 Posted: 13:35:18 24/07/2014
I'm not sure whether to open them, and have the most OP characters in the game, or keep them.
What are you going to do? I could just put them on the portal, and not open them, as they still work that way.
---
You can't handle MEMES
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 15:38:59 24/07/2014

Can someone post a pic or screenshot or something? It says I have to be a member of the website to see it...
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#7 Posted: 16:06:23 24/07/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan

Can someone post a pic or screenshot or something? It says I have to be a member of the website to see it...

This.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#8 Posted: 17:37:23 24/07/2014
Or even just copy all the text?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 17:38:58 24/07/2014
There will be some type of exclusive figure given away.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#10 Posted: 17:41:37 24/07/2014
I can't view it, but I have seen it. They'll be limited edition figures (probably like Flocked smilie ), and they'll be 3X as powerful in-game.
---
You can't handle MEMES
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#11 Posted: 23:07:42 24/07/2014
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/0...mium-skylanders
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 23:14:04 24/07/2014
I can't wait to buy another Spyro, Eruptor, Gill Grunt, Drobot, Whirlwind, Stealth Elf, Prism Break and Chop Chop.

Even though I have 10 of each already and power wise will be pretty close to this "3x" power situation.

Yay, thanks for more of the same, Activision. Thanks for the innovation.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#13 Posted: 23:31:47 24/07/2014
Yeah so "extremely" limited quantities at Gamestop...
---
words. letters. filler.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 01:43:12 25/07/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Yeah so "extremely" limited quantities at Gamestop...

Not too worried at the "GameStop part" (they're extremely common around here), but the extremely limited part has me worried.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#15 Posted: 02:10:28 25/07/2014
They should have made the forgotten...
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#16 Posted: 03:19:42 25/07/2014
Skylanders: Eon's Elite - Pay to Win
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#17 Posted: 13:14:36 25/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
I can't wait to buy another Spyro, Eruptor, Gill Grunt, Drobot, Whirlwind, Stealth Elf, Prism Break and Chop Chop.

Even though I have 10 of each already and power wise will be pretty close to this "3x" power situation.

Then go away...
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#18 Posted: 21:55:33 25/07/2014

Activision has never known squat about innovation.
What's sad is that those characters will probably also get Series 4 reposes in TT. Whirlwind might end up being the other Air repose and Spyro will be the other Magic thus repeating the same reposes we had in Swap Force. :/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:00 26/07/2014 by alicecarp
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#19 Posted: 22:34:43 25/07/2014
Quote: OimakKamio

Then go away...

Why should he go away? What's wrong with wanting something new rather than a hacked repaint? Why couldn't they make new figures for this instead of just reusing the S1 figures (BTW I don't need an answer to that, they obviously save a ton of money reusing assets rather than modeling new figures)? The fact that they will undoubtedly charge a premium for these figures makes them reusing old stuff especially sickening.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
InitialFS Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#20 Posted: 09:23:01 26/07/2014
Quote: IWHBYD

Then go away...

Why should he go away? What's wrong with wanting something new rather than a hacked repaint? Why couldn't they make new figures for this instead of just reusing the S1 figures (BTW I don't need an answer to that, they obviously save a ton of money reusing assets rather than modeling new figures)? The fact that they will undoubtedly charge a premium for these figures makes them reusing old stuff especially sickening.

But they're releasing a whole new game with all new characters. It seems like these elite figures are for collectors. Complaining about them is no different than complaining about the rare variants. I can understand not wanting to buy these figures but I don't get the complaints about innovation in respect to them. Now the innovation between Giants, Swap Force and Trap Team makes more sense if you want to criticize Activision. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion here (within the rules).
---
Lost Islands Activate: InitialFS (10/9/14 - Spots Open)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#21 Posted: 12:31:58 26/07/2014

Then go away...

The only opinions welcome here are one where we lick the boots of Activision? Maybe you need to rethink some things.

Nope. That sounded like an invitation to perpetuate my darkness across all of skylands!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

But seriously. I mentioned this in another thread...if you're new to this franchise...please ignore me. My opinions are those that are tired of the re-heated figures. These figures seem to be a great deal for those collecting and/or new. Otherwise, the price range is outrageous especially since most of us have 3+ of these already.

See how I bring reasoning and rationale? If you're going to bother posting, at least make a point. I'll remember you better that way.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 12:39:42 26/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#22 Posted: 13:06:01 26/07/2014
For the people who cannot view the website :

These Aren't Old Skylanders, They're Eon's Elite "Premium" Skylanders

[User Posted Image]

Today Activision announces Skylanders: Eon's Elite, a series of eight older Skylanders toys that have been repainted, repowered and repackaged as must-have limited-edition collectibles.

Really, that's what they're doing. These are the toys from Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure — they'll be eight in all — given a fresh coat of paint. The figures have metallic accents, and the bases have been painted gold. They'll be packed inside foil packaging that doubles as a display case.

[User Posted Image]

When used in any of the Skylanders video games, they'll be up to three times as powerful as the original toys, so that's different. Otherwise not much else really is.

"Eon's Elite represents the most iconic characters from the original Skylanders game that started it all," said Josh Taub, senior vice president of product marketing at Activision Publishing. "These eight toys are not only premium quality but also honor the characters' strength, courage and commitment. We're excited to extend our fans' collections with this new line."

[User Posted Image]

Strength. Courage. Commitment. I guess I can see that? What these figures really are is a monument to Activision marketing. They've found a way to sell people toys they've already bought several times over — likely at a higher price than ever before.

Eon's Elite will be available in extremely limited quantities this fall at GameStop stores in North America, Australia and New Zealand, as well as select retailers in Europe.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#23 Posted: 13:30:12 26/07/2014
Quote: alicecarp

What's sad is that those characters will probably also get Series 3 reposes in TT. Whirlwind might end up being the other Air repose and Spyro will be the other Magic thus repeating the same reposes we had in Swap Force. :/

I doubt that the elites will also have reposes. Seems like reposes would undermine the sales of the elites, not to mention the additional production costs.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#24 Posted: 15:39:38 26/07/2014
They prob will just the series 4 will be in the last two waves lol. Ill prob get spyro just cause its spyro. Idk abt the rest. If boomer gets it then ill get him.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#25 Posted: 16:44:46 26/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe

What's sad is that those characters will probably also get Series 4 reposes in TT. Whirlwind might end up being the other Air repose and Spyro will be the other Magic thus repeating the same reposes we had in Swap Force. :/

I doubt that the elites will also have reposes. Seems like reposes would undermine the sales of the elites, not to mention the additional production costs.

That didn't stop Gill Grunt from getting a series 4 repose.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#26 Posted: 17:09:29 26/07/2014
will not be buying.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#27 Posted: 17:26:22 26/07/2014
Will only buy bash or warnado.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#28 Posted: 17:28:16 26/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe

That didn't stop Gill Grunt from getting a series 4 repose.

We don't know that Gill Grunt is going to be an Elite. I didn't mean there won't be any reposes, just that a character wouldn't get an Elite and repose. We've had different versions of new characters before in the same release, but I don't recall ever having different versions of old characters....except maybe lava barf erupter and volcanic lava barf erupter...but volcanic was only available in the DS pack.

If Gill Grunt isn't elite, then that means slam bam, zap, or whamshell. Whamsell would look best...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#29 Posted: 18:34:44 26/07/2014
Kind of ironic a lot of users jumped on the guy being overly protective of Activision when it's clear the Skylanders boards certainly have a vocal majority against whatever Acti does, with reason or just out of entitlement.

On topic, really wish I could trade my original S1 Spyro for that one, but I'd rather use the 30 bucks on a few extra traps or another corelander. But at least it's more than a single-colored chase variant for collectors who can afford it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me