Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How does Diggs works? [CLOSED]
zeort Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1 Posted: 07:39:58 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Hi.

Let me explain my situation: At this moment i´ve got 660 gems but i´m not sure how to expend them. I could purchase some SwapForce when they are on sale (I only have 3 SwapForce) or another option is keep saving gems to Diggs (When he backs) but i don´t know how to Diggs works.
Could anyone explain me how to Diggs works? and if Diggs worth? How much gold i need for one gem? etc.

P.D: Sorry for my English, it´s not my birth lenguage. I hope you understand me.

Greetings.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#2 Posted: 10:06:36 21/07/2014
You should wait for Diggs.
He is the best deal you can make in skylanders

You can put any skylander in his house. It costs 500.000 gold or 200.000 energy or 5.000 kudos.
You receive at least 25 gems as a reward after 24hours.

The first reward is like 120 gems.
And you will have another 100 gems with a probability of 5% (like every 20 days you receive that big reward!)

If you have enought energy or gold left, you can use him every 24h.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 11:06:06 21/07/2014
Your English is pretty great! Here's what I know:

In addition to Diggs, you need to purchase the Molekin Market too. Since I've already purchased it, I cannot tell how much the market costs, if anything.

Once you have Diggs and the Molekin Market, you activate the market with a skylander (any will do). The activation cost is not cheap. I think it's 500,000 coins or 200,000 energy (or a 5,000 kudos if I recall). The payoff is 25 gems, which I think is pretty great and a fair trade for the gold. But that may hinge on how far into the game you are and what you otherwise need to spend gold on.

Diggs and Molekin Market are not for low level players. But for higher level players, they are a great way to grow you gems.

I would not spend gems on skylanders but would rather use gold to spin for them. You can't choose which skylander you get when you spin, and you can't get swap force characters until you spin for every "regular" skylander, but gold is much easier to come by and gems can be used for other things (like Diggs, giant/alter ego houses, etc.)
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#4 Posted: 13:04:24 21/07/2014
I agree completely with Midas - Diggs is for the higher level players.

If you will have difficulty coming up with 500,000 gold or 200,000 energy to spend on Diggs each day, then it's too early in your game to buy him. But if you have more gold and energy than you can spend, it's time to get him. Since you mention spending gems on skylanders as an option, this implies you are at an earlier level.

So I would recommend the Giant/alter-ego/etc houses. They cost nothing to run, and boost your gold, energy, kingdom experience, and gems.
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#5 Posted: 14:42:37 21/07/2014
Quote:
And you will have another 100 gems with a probability of 5% (like every 20 days you receive that big reward!)

After about a month of using Diggs every day, I have never received more than 25 gems. Not even the first time.

Quote:
In addition to Diggs, you need to purchase the Molekin Market too. Since I've already purchased it, I cannot tell how much the market costs, if anything.

From what I remember, the Molekin Market cost almost nothing (at least in comparison to activating it). It was less than 1,000 gold.

Quote:
you can't get swap force characters until you spin for every "regular" skylander

I've read this before, too, but one of my first few spins got me a Swapper. I'm not sure if this was an anomaly.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#6 Posted: 16:11:23 21/07/2014
Quote: kaferserene

Quote:
you can't get swap force characters until you spin for every "regular" skylander

I've read this before, too, but one of my first few spins got me a Swapper. I'm not sure if this was an anomaly.

Maybe they've changed the mechanics since the introduction of Swap Force (or maybe the chance was there all along), but this is the first I've heard that a Swapper was received from a spin (without a re-spin). For me, I spun for all the regular Skylanders before getting the Sidekicks, Giants, and Legendaries (I don't recall if the Special/Dark variants were delayed also). Then when they introduced Swap Force, I spun for all the regular Skylanders from the Swap Force series before I got any Swappers.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 16:15:57 21/07/2014
It was only a few months ago that I spun for my remaining Skylanders (that were available at the time). I ended up going through all of the cores before getting any swappers. I don't remember about variants/specials. I wanted to say that I got a variant/special in the mix of regular cores, because I remember being surprised to get it, but I want to say that I may have been mistaken with who I had left, so I can't be sure.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#8 Posted: 16:48:31 21/07/2014
The spins are random, but the odds are VERY highly in favour of getting the regular Skylanders first, then going through the specials in order of increasing value. It's not impossible to get a Swapper before getting all the regulars, but it's certainly very uncommon.
Candhsmom Green Sparx Gems: 251
#9 Posted: 17:39:22 21/07/2014
I am down to just a few skylanders needed, one of which is admiral thumpback. I know you can only get him with kudos, however can you get him in a lucky spin? I don't visit other users villages so it will take me forever to earn 1500 kudos at only three a day plus 1 that I might get as a gift daily.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#10 Posted: 18:37:58 21/07/2014
we changed our age settings to under 13 and don't even get the chance for kudos or visiting other kingdoms--even Aura's. And since we 'can't' go to other kingdoms, we don't get the missions for kudos. We like it this way.

We collect the skylander figures for the kids to play on the XBox and use those codes. We've had good luck trading our codes for others (you can use each code 5 times). If you're buying skylanders with gems, once you link the toy code, you will receive a refund of the gems you spent. That might get you a big push for gems when Diggs comes back around.

We finally had enough money that it was okay to spin for a skylander and got a regular. but we opted for the "re-spin" at 10 gems and got FreezeBlade (water swapper)
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#11 Posted: 18:40:19 21/07/2014
Quote: zeort
Hi.

I could purchase some SwapForce when they are on sale (I only have 3 SwapForce) or another option is keep saving gems to Diggs

Greetings.

This is hard if you're still an early player. More swap force characters means MORE gems from the bats. It's a hard choice. But I'd certainly try for more swap force characters. Either through code trading or spin/re-spin. it will help you build the gems you need
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:21 21/07/2014 by BUGMom05
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#12 Posted: 20:01:22 21/07/2014
Diggs costs 2000 gems from what I remember, so it will take a while to save up that much. Since he is no longer part of the regular roster, it is very unlikely you will be able to get him on sale.

I keep meaning to save for him, but I usually end up spending it on a companion or special house when they come up for sale.

I know that there are different strategies to the game, but when I was in your scenario, I used those gems to buy Swap Force characters. I have 7 out of the 8 elements covered with them. This almost guarantees 2 gems from each bat, which really helps with earning back what you spent in gems. The Mount Cloudbreak missions that Swap Force characters can do also really help with your gold income, so I really think the Swap Force characters were a great investment.

The alter ego house are good, but they obviously require you to already have the alter ego skylander.

BTW, they must have changed the way spins work a while ago, because I get a legendary / swapper / special skylander about once every 5 spins. I currently have about 60 skylanders, mainly core skylanders, so there are lots of special skylanders for me to win (which probably helps my odds).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:19 21/07/2014 by DM235
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#13 Posted: 20:24:10 21/07/2014
Quote: kaferserene
Quote:

After about a month of using Diggs every day, I have never received more than 25 gems. Not even the first time.

I own Diggs for several month now. And my first reward was 125gems. And after that i received 1 or 2 times a month more than 100 gems from him. Last time was last week. It was 107 gems.

So please be patient. And remember what i wrote in my 1st answer. You need much gold or energy to activate the market. But if you can afford, it is the very best deal you can make.
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#14 Posted: 22:00:14 21/07/2014
Quote:
So please be patient. And remember what i wrote in my 1st answer. You need much gold or energy to activate the market. But if you can afford, it is the very best deal you can make.

I couldn't agree more that it's the best investment.

Sorry if I sounded impatient. I just wanted OP to know that the big initial payout isn't a guarantee.
LaLaLish Blue Sparx Gems: 586
#15 Posted: 01:14:55 23/07/2014
Diggs was my best investment. Before Diggs, I never had enough gems to purchase all of the new items, now I do. I too went a month with getting only 25 gems everyday, and then suddenly 4 days in a row, I got over 100! Diggs has helped me to have the gems to advance. At first, I didn't have enough gold or potion to do it everyday, but it slowly helped me to be able to get me the companions to get me more gold and potions. I had an iTunes gift card that I didn't know what to use it on so I had purchased gems with it. I figure I've been playing this game everyday for over a year and never spent money on it. I didn't mind spending a few bucks to have even more fun with it. I initially missed out on Crusher's house and I've been waiting for it to return. They'd always bring back Tree Rex's, but never Crusher's. So glad it came back finally last week. Okay, I'm rambling...
zeort Green Sparx Gems: 249
#16 Posted: 02:30:39 23/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks to everyone.
In this moment i´m level 27 and i´ve got Hyde, Ma-Boo, C.WhiteClawn, Capybara king and softpawn as the elite companions, I think I won´t purchase Diggs to the next time when will on sale, but if I buy the missing SwapForces to use them on the sugar bats I could sedd up my gem farming.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#17 Posted: 06:50:32 23/07/2014
If you have Softpaw then get all the Swopforce elements first . Diggs is for higher level players . I spent gems and respun for a skylander . On my third spin I got Rubble Rouser .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me