Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How to Be a Good User [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 22:42:40 16/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I noticed that we have another new user. His/Her name is jackie_boo. Normally, I don't do stuff like this, but I sent a whole advice PM after I introduced myself with this meme:

[User Posted Image]

So, without further ado, I give you my message:

Quote: LocoGuy107
Basically, what you're gonna want to do is this: if you want to post in a topic, read the topic title first, as well as any posts that users put in there (especially the latest ones). I know you might get excited and want to change the subject, but you need to know that you can't always have what you want.

If you have a certain argument or discussion that you want to start, I suggest that you try to search for a topic that is already talking about what you're thinking about. For example, if you wanted to talk about Ash from Pokémon, you should go to the forums and press the search button there. Once you type "Ash" and press "Search," if a topic on Ash doesn't come up, you might as well make a topic about him. However, since you're talking about Ash, and not Spyro or Skylanders, you should know that the topic should go in the "Idle Chatter" section.

There's different sections of the forum for different topics.

If you want to talk about Spyro or Skylanders, but not about a specific game for any of the franchises, you should post in the "General" section.

If you feel like your discussion would be deep about a specific character or thing from Spyro or Skylanders, post in the "Fandom" section. Of course, the Fandom section also has three sections inside of it: Fan Fiction, Fan Art, and Non-Spyro.

• Fan Fiction has stories based on Spyro or Skylanders.
  • Fan Art has hand-drawn or computer-made pictures based on any type of movie or game. Everything in the Fan Fiction and the Fan Art sections are made by people just like you: the fans.
  • Non-Spyro talks about anything that isn't related to Spyro or Skylanders in any way.

Idle Chatter can be used to talk about anything you're curious about, such as the weather for next week, the scores and stats of your favorite sports team, or anything like that.

Video-Gaming can be used to talk about anything related to video games that aren't related to Spyro or Skylanders. In that section, you can talk about Mario Kart or anything Nintendo, or you can even talk about Call of Duty (if you're actually into that "rated-M" stuff).

Stuff and Nonsense is the section where topics have conversations that just go off the mark. In that section, most of the time, THE TOPICS DON'T MAKE SENSE!!11!!1! Yep, it's just one of those places where people just like to have funds with their keyboards, whether the keyboards are real ones or smartphone ones. Stuff and Nonsense also has two more sections in itself: Role-Playing and Forum Games.

• Role-Playing is a place where you play as a specific character that you get. You have to "play" as that character to the very end by talking as if you're actually that character. For instance, let's say that you have a topic where one person pretends to be Flashwing and you pretend to be Spyro. You have to act like Spyro by pretending to be cocky, sarcastic, a bit of a jerk, while sometimes talking about fire in a funny way. The guy who plays as Flashwing will probably say things about her shiny body or things like that, but don't get discouraged to say something back if Flashwing insults you! You also have to stick with a storyline. Each RP topic has a storyline that every character needs to stick to. If somebody disrupts the story, the whole topic will be thrown off.
  • Forum Games has topics that just give a whole bunch of random stuff to do. One of the topics lets you describe the last person who posted in that topic with one word (I made that topic). Whenever I post in there, they just see my name, so the next guy who comes in usually says, "Loco." Most other people describe each other based on their behaviors. You don't know anyone all that much yet, but you can at least try.

On the top of the Forum main page, you have a News section, a Help section, and a polls section.
  • Only dark52 can make new topics in the News section. He's the guy who made this website, and when he posts in the News section, he posts about what's going on with Spyro or Skylanders.
  • The help section is there for anyone who needs help on deciding where a new topic should go or anything like that.
  • The polls section relates to the polls you see on your left. New polls come up about once every week, and you can go into the polls section to discuss this week's poll or polls that came before the current one.

All of the other sections talk about all of the specific Spyro and Skylanders games, where people would gather around and talk about whatever's going on in the latest games (or talk about something they thought of for earlier games). Whenever an arising Spyro or Skylanders game comes to our ears, a new section would be created for the specific game.

One last thing: you're free to say whatever you want to say. Just don't go overboard on using bad language.

I already know that there's that whole help log, but I just wanted to clear the sections up for the new guy.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#2 Posted: 23:37:44 16/07/2014
YOU LIKE GRAVITY FALLS?!?!?!?!?!?!
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#3 Posted: 23:38:23 16/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: eruptshake137
YOU LIKE GRAVITY FALLS?!?!?!?!?!?!

I did for a bit, but I haven't watched the latest episodes.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#4 Posted: 01:18:32 17/07/2014
Watch him not even see this
#5 Posted: 01:52:14 17/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ninpire
Watch him not even see this

Who, jackie_boo? The quoted part of the first message is an actual PM I sent him/her. (S)He replied with a "thank you smilie."
Fatman Gold Sparx Gems: 2794
#6 Posted: 21:40:26 21/07/2014
Now there should be a ''How to be a good mod'' -topic. Some mods (not going to be calling them out) would most certainly need it.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#7 Posted: 18:24:06 22/07/2014
Why did you make a topic about this again?
#8 Posted: 00:02:50 23/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius

I'm giving more details and examples about the basic rules.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#9 Posted: 00:34:05 23/07/2014
stop trying to become a mod and suck it up jfc
---
self professed austGAYlian
#10 Posted: 01:19:43 23/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever
stop trying to become a mod and suck it up jfc

I'm just trying to be friendly. Sometimes, I don't even realize what I'm doing.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#11 Posted: 12:05:23 23/07/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: Samius

I'm giving more details and examples about the basic rules.

No, I mean this topic. What is this topic for?

You do realize that you're not going to get on anybody's good side by basically trying to start a discussion about what a good guy you are, right?
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#12 Posted: 22:26:19 23/07/2014
Jackie_boo was banned, anyhow.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#13 Posted: 23:14:55 23/07/2014
Well, this is ironic
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#14 Posted: 01:12:36 24/07/2014
Be yourself. There I just saved you from reading this topic.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#15 Posted: 03:42:34 24/07/2014
That's not even a "meme". It's an image macro.

[User Posted Image]
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#16 Posted: 09:43:10 24/07/2014
This wall of text is essentially just a huge cluster of obvious stuff you would have already known from reading the main forum page.

I'm sure new users already know that Fan-Fiction is where you put fan-made stories, and Video Games is where *gasp, you discuss things like Mario and Call of Duty! Who would've known!?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me