First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Dark Edition Starter Pack!
Dxtra30 Blue Sparx Gems: 691
#151 Posted: 14:55:36 21/07/2014
Like others have posted more details -> http://canadianonlinegamers.co...tails-revealed/
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition is a true collector’s starter pack that includes the special Ultimate Kaos Trap, which allows Portal Masters to trap and play as Kaos when the game launches in North America on October 5. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack features the Ultimate Kaos Trap, a special, larger-sized Trap to capture Skylands’ #1 villain - See more at: http://canadianonlinegamers.co...h.3yDvCOnj.dpuf
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:05:37 21/07/2014 by Dxtra30
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#152 Posted: 14:58:54 21/07/2014
so... this is the way to go if you want to trap kaos.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#153 Posted: 14:59:13 21/07/2014
Quote: Dxtra30
Quote: NINJAsk11
Quote: Traptanium
Am I the only one who noticed it is not for wii?!?

I find that a bummer, and a HUGE mistake

There is no more "New" games bieng made for the original Wii anymore http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...in_the_pipeline

Like others have posted more details -> http://canadianonlinegamers.co...tails-revealed/
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition is a true collector’s starter pack that includes the special Ultimate Kaos Trap, which allows Portal Masters to trap and play as Kaos when the game launches in North America on October 5. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack features the Ultimate Kaos Trap, a special, larger-sized Trap to capture Skylands’ #1 villain - See more at: http://canadianonlinegamers.co...h.3yDvCOnj.dpuf

Quote: myskylanders
As he said, it's in the press release. http://www.businesswire.com/mu...n/#.U80idrGBWNY

Quote:
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack will be available on Xbox 360™ games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system; PlayStation® 4 and Nintendo’s Wii™ and Wii U™ systems for a suggested retail price of $99.

There, deal with it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:02:36 21/07/2014 by NINJAsk11
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#154 Posted: 15:02:42 21/07/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
so... this is the way to go if you want to trap kaos.

There will be a normal Trap to trap Kaos in. It'll be in limited quantities at launch, though.
#155 Posted: 15:04:49 21/07/2014

I find that a bummer, and a HUGE mistake

There is no more "New" games bieng made for the original Wii anymore http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...in_the_pipeline

As he said, it's in the press release. http://www.businesswire.com/mu...n/#.U80idrGBWNY

Quote:
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack will be available on Xbox 360™ games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system; PlayStation® 4 and Nintendo’s Wii™ and Wii U™ systems for a suggested retail price of $99.

There, deal with it.

AH! My bad and apologies.. Didn't think they were making any new Wii games anymore.. My fault and My bad, updated original post.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:26 21/07/2014 by Dxtra30
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#156 Posted: 15:10:43 21/07/2014

There, deal with it.

AH! My bad and apologies.. Didn't think they were making any new Wii games anymore.. My fault and My bad, updated original post.

Besides, I would've asked why'd they made a normal Wii starter pack with the upgrades for Wii-U and all. It's okay. smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#157 Posted: 15:48:11 21/07/2014
So ... $25 more dollars for one more figure and one more trap. And I thought the Dark last year was kind of a rip with just two figures for an additional $25. Not an improvement. I guess they think making it a Trap Master makes a difference, at least Giants had lightcore in addition to being bigger and Swappers had the magnetic connection. I'm still not seeing how they are justifying Trap Masters having the higher price just for an in-game benefit.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#158 Posted: 17:26:27 21/07/2014
Just announced on the Skylanders Game facebook, with a TRU Wii U version link here - http://www.toysrus.com/product...dSrc=search&cp=

TT Dark Edition is avaibleble for preorder. According the comments from the Skylanders Game FB, it is not TRU exclusive though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:14 21/07/2014 by SSj3 Derek
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#159 Posted: 17:30:05 21/07/2014
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Just announced on the Skylanders Game facebook, with a TRU Wii U version link here - http://www.toysrus.com/product...dSrc=search&cp=

TT Dark Edition is avaibleble for preorder. According the comments from the Skylanders Game FB, it is not TRU exclusive though.

Old news buddy, at least look at the All We Know Topic and check other topic titles first. There is a 4 page topic about the Dark Starter.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#160 Posted: 17:36:31 21/07/2014
Well, at least now we know it's official and safe to post about.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#161 Posted: 17:59:55 21/07/2014
So the TT Dark Edition is exclusive only from TRU?
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#162 Posted: 18:24:48 21/07/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
So the TT Dark Edition is exclusive only from TRU?

Nope. Its also currently up for pre-order on Amazon. Havent checked any other sites yet.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#163 Posted: 19:00:00 21/07/2014
Those concerned about the price of this should realize that last year's version had 2 $10 figures added for the same price.

ShaneG.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#164 Posted: 19:05:45 21/07/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
I'll preorder it if

1) Bring it to GameStop

2) Make it for the Wii

3) have the deal where you get the Wii U version free.

It looks great and I hope for a Dark Snap Shot.

You don't get the Wii U version for free in the north american version.
---
words. letters. filler.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#165 Posted: 19:06:45 21/07/2014
Quote: Plaag
Those concerned about the price of this should realize that last year's version had 2 $10 figures added for the same price.

ShaneG.

i have decided that the dark edition ain't worth it. they sell the kaos trap separate on day one too i read. so there is no need to buy this that cost more, if you not want the dark variants that is. me personally like the normal colorings of the figurines.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#166 Posted: 19:10:13 21/07/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Quote: GigaCamo
I'll preorder it if

1) Bring it to GameStop

2) Make it for the Wii

3) have the deal where you get the Wii U version free.

It looks great and I hope for a Dark Snap Shot.

You don't get the Wii U version for free in the north american version.

check this out.

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...QZ7W/ref=sr_1_1
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#167 Posted: 19:21:47 21/07/2014
Hopefully that Amazon listing wasn't right, because it just uses the same exact dark Skylander backstory from last year. They can't all be running into secret lairs where Kaos blows up some darkness, otherwise Kaos clearly has a very poor learning curve.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#168 Posted: 19:28:54 21/07/2014
Quote: Eggers
Hopefully that Amazon listing wasn't right, because it just uses the same exact dark Skylander backstory from last year. They can't all be running into secret lairs where Kaos blows up some darkness, otherwise Kaos clearly has a very poor learning curve.

Well, it makes more sense if you assume that it was one incident, with a few different groups of Skylanders working together (A couple regular ones, a couple Swap Force members, and a couple Trap Team members)
---
#169 Posted: 19:31:50 21/07/2014

We're four games in, we're still fighting Kaos, and you are suddenly worried about repeating backstory ?
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#170 Posted: 21:28:42 21/07/2014
I think I'll get the dark TT pack next year. I still see SF dark packs today so I should be good. Maybe I'll ask my parents it for my birthday if they can afford it. I would like to see what the ultimate kaos trap does. And get a few variants to go with it. But that's only if the trap has a unique use than the normal kaos trap.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#171 Posted: 23:06:54 21/07/2014
For any other Australian members

Its EB Games Exclusive, $119.95

Available for Pre-order now.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#172 Posted: 00:35:18 22/07/2014
Does the dark pack still come with that trap holder so you can store all your traps or is it different
---
"Taking Charge"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#173 Posted: 04:02:23 22/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord

We're four games in, we're still fighting Kaos, and you are suddenly worried about repeating backstory ?

What does it say when an increasing army of do-gooders can't permanently defeat one evil person, who lives on and on and on? There must be an obscene budget deficit at the Skylanders Academy.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#174 Posted: 04:07:32 22/07/2014
Only thing I'm interested in, is the Kaos Trap variant. Maybe there's a trappable variant of Kaos?
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#175 Posted: 04:10:52 22/07/2014
To be fair, Kaos does have a fairly large army. And, in typical do-gooder fashion, the Skylanders react to Kaos' plans instead of being pro-active and hunting him down.

It's like the original Power Rangers. They *know* Empress Rita is on the moon. They *know* she has a moon palace. Why not just take your giant Megazord to the moon and smash it to bits and crush her under the foot of your building-sized robot? Why let her attack you day after day?
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#176 Posted: 04:12:55 22/07/2014
it could be worse, they could have killed him off at the end of SSA, like pretty much every mainstream super hero movie.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#177 Posted: 04:15:29 22/07/2014
Quote: min8or
it could be worse, they could have killed him off at the end of SSA, like pretty much every mainstream super hero movie.

I love Richard as the voice, but I'm a bit tired on the guy. I have a feeling Flynn and Kaos will be there to the bitter end. Sigh.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#178 Posted: 04:17:54 22/07/2014
Because they secretly liked being needed and idolized. They wanted to be needed as heroes. Destroying their arch enemy would have make the world's need for them obsolete. Egotistical the whole lot of them!
#179 Posted: 04:27:10 22/07/2014
Because they secretly liked being needed and idolized. They wanted to be needed as heroes. Destroying their arch enemy would have make the world's need for them obsolete. Egotistical the whole lot of them!

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'. They hunt us villains down for their own personal glory, yet they always let Kaos off easy, just so they can save the day again! It's a never endin' cycle! They're a lot more egotistical than, say, the most infamous rock star Skylands has ever seen. Me. Wolfgang. *takes a bow, not realizing he just undermined his entire point*
---
#180 Posted: 07:26:40 22/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

What does it say when an increasing army of do-gooders can't permanently defeat one evil person, who lives on and on and on? There must be an obscene budget deficit at the Skylanders Academy.

LOL!... that was hilarious smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#181 Posted: 10:12:39 22/07/2014
The Dark Edition is listed on the target website for just under 75$, that's really cheap. I guess they change it soon.
http://www.target.com/s?search...ll%20categories
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#182 Posted: 12:11:22 22/07/2014
In Australia you have to pay 120 here for the dark edition and you can only get it from eb games. Nonetheless I pre ordered it today.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#183 Posted: 13:17:51 22/07/2014
The Dark Edition is listed on the target website for just under 75$, that's really cheap. I guess they change it soon.

I grabbed one in time. I hope they don't try to backpedal and deny that price to people who get it before they change it. I also suspect they'll change it soon.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:18:23 22/07/2014 by AzureStarline
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#184 Posted: 15:26:48 22/07/2014
That's one heck of a find. I'm sure they will correct it, but I doubt they cancel those that place an order before they fix it. Target really doesn't work like that, if it was priced at like $1, then maybe - but for the most part large retailers will take the hit on a pricing error rather than the damage to their goodwill from a mistake of their own, particularly in light of their large data breach - they still haven't recovered from that in public trust. It's essentially 25% off, then another 5% off the sale price for a Red Card (if you have one).

Edit: wonder if you still get the special Trap, too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:27:22 22/07/2014 by defpally
#185 Posted: 15:30:19 22/07/2014
I think you do. Look how my PayPal receipt came through after I ordered one...

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Skylands71 Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#186 Posted: 16:47:04 22/07/2014
Placed an order from Target about 40 minutes ago. My order did not show the promotion. Not sure if it was because I used a CC rather than PayPal but wouldn't think that would matter. Anyhow figured I would check to see what it said on checkout if I used paypal. You can put one of the Dark starter packs in your cart but when you hit checkout it takes it out. Target must have seen there mistake. Either way I placed mine in time.
---
Trade/Sell: 2 GITD Sonic Boom, Blue Bash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:28 22/07/2014 by Skylands71
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#187 Posted: 16:50:00 22/07/2014
Got mine in just at the wire, and it shows the promotion. Rather strange though...it shows the trap in the box. Unless the promotion is on the markdown not sure why it'd list it separately (the trap is included in the package, so it's not that).
#188 Posted: 16:53:13 22/07/2014
I ordered the XB1 version. The only thing that came up on my confirmation email was the starter pack. I didn't think it mattered what platform you got the starter pack for. Kung Fu Man- What platform did you order yours on? Also I used a CC not paypal.
---
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#189 Posted: 17:11:18 22/07/2014
I also jumped on it at Target, but the fine print says if they make a mistake the price is subject to change. $75 is a great deal, I am Redcard guy, so we will see if it flies. If not, I will take the deal with the extra trap and 5% off as a consolation prize.
#190 Posted: 17:20:32 22/07/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Got mine in just at the wire, and it shows the promotion. Rather strange though...it shows the trap in the box. Unless the promotion is on the markdown not sure why it'd list it separately (the trap is included in the package, so it's not that).

Are we talking about the same thing? Yes, the Kaos trap is in the package, but the promotion trap is Outlaw Brawl & Chain.

EDIT: Also, yeah, my confirmation email only shows the pack. Only the PayPal receipt showed the 2nd line item.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:30 22/07/2014 by AzureStarline
#191 Posted: 17:28:03 22/07/2014
AzureStarline- Ahh ok. Maybe the Outlaw Brawl and Chain is included. Will wait and see.
---
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#192 Posted: 17:31:44 22/07/2014
Target's website won't allow preorders on the dark starter anymore. It lets me add to cart but then click Checkout and its removed from the cart. I think somebody messed up.
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#193 Posted: 17:43:54 22/07/2014
Wait so will outlaw brawl and chain still be a bonus for the dark edition or not
---
"Taking Charge"
#194 Posted: 17:49:02 22/07/2014
All we know is the image I posted from my PayPal receipt.
---
#195 Posted: 21:03:22 22/07/2014
Not sure it's posted but the dark editions are also up on BestBuy.com site here -> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/se...+trap+team+dark

If you have "GamersClub Unlocked" it's $20 off the $99 price.. So $99 - $20 = $79 (Plus Tax if applicable) .. I just pre-ordered mine on BestBuy.com site since you can't order on the target site anymore.. Just thought I'd mention it..
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#196 Posted: 00:09:20 23/07/2014
WOW...market is HEAVILY saturated with the Dark Pack.....this is screaming at me to wait for the 50% off sales thanksgiving / xmas/ after xams...lol
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#197 Posted: 00:15:18 23/07/2014

Thanks for the info, ordered one for everything but the 3ds (cause there is none) and the wii (cause it sucks).

http://www.walmart.com/search/...it+Dark+Edition

Dark Editions are up on walmart.com for preorder. I dont see an X-one or PS4 on there as of yet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:17:38 23/07/2014 by SlayerX11
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#198 Posted: 01:29:25 23/07/2014
Not sure it's posted but the dark editions are also up on BestBuy.com site here -> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/se...+trap+team+dark

If you have "GamersClub Unlocked" it's $20 off the $99 price.. So $99 - $20 = $79 (Plus Tax if applicable) .. I just pre-ordered mine on BestBuy.com site since you can't order on the target site anymore.. Just thought I'd mention it..

Thanks. Has anyone been able to pre-order in the store? It seems they're authorizing the full amount on CC and that's going over my limit for this month so I'd rather just hand in the 10$ it usually is to pre-order in store.
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#199 Posted: 00:04:34 24/07/2014
Yay, I knew being patient would pay off....Where can someone from Ireland preorder this? I tried looking at Amazon UK, but I would prefer if I could get it from a local store.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#200 Posted: 00:09:24 24/07/2014
You can get it in nz in eb games
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me