Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Aura problem [CLOSED]
Moemoff Green Sparx Gems: 340
#1 Posted: 09:15:37 09/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I am level 34 and am one of those who can only visit aura ..activate is closed to me. I collect the letter and gift. I the enter aura's realm and collect all six of the items there. I press the button to return home but it throws me out of the game completely/it crashes. I re-enter the game after load up only to find I collected only the gift.

I am running the game on ipad. I have rebooted the ipad but the same thing happens. Oddly enough if I collect 2 and leave it saves so I have to go in and out 3 times to perform the daily. This happens around midnight. That is when I collect from Orville.. Guaranteed collection although I missed out on the first day of the earth quest which popped up after collection.

It does not happen if I enter during the day but then I am not collecting just looking.
Candhsmom Green Sparx Gems: 251
#2 Posted: 11:32:39 09/07/2014
I have the same problem every other time I visit her. I can collect my gift, get my kudos, and then when I go back to home the main skylander screen pops up like it will load my own game, but then, pop, kicked off. When I check it doesn't register my gift or the kudos, so now I do them at separate times and that helps me keep my gift at least. I am also using an ipad to play. It's frustrating for sure.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 13:09:24 09/07/2014
I too am an Aura Groupie . I know that problem of yours . If you have something else thats linked to the internet like a computer ? Thats when you get kicked .

I have found a little trick to bypass this if your friend / family wont get off the net . Its tedious but if you collect one kudo and go back to your kingdom then repeat you dont get kicked . smilie
Lucky for us we only have one kingdom to visit. smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#4 Posted: 15:03:12 09/07/2014
These crashes are why people stay away from visiting, though I didn't know it happened when visiting Aura too. For others, their games have become corrupted as a result of these crashes. Use caution...
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#5 Posted: 19:48:50 09/07/2014
When this happened to me, I just collected the gift, but never visited. Then I waited a day, collected the next day's gift, and then visited her kingdom without any issues.
#6 Posted: 23:15:01 09/07/2014
Quote:
These crashes are why people stay away from visiting, though I didn't know it happened when visiting Aura too.

Not really a crash , just a kick and way safer .
---
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 13:17:12 10/07/2014
If by 'kick' you mean you get sent back to your island and see that message saying something like 'There was an error visiting', then yes, it's probably safe. But if you are kicked out of the game and have to actively re-enter it, then it's crashing and you really do need to beware.

I used to visit a lot and thought nothing of it closing and needing to be reopened again - it happened so frequently. Back before you got kudos, you'd get random gold/energy/gems, so sometimes, if I hadn't collected any gems, I'd purposely go to a friend I knew would crash, because it would wipe out everything I'd collected visiting and I could try again to get gems instead! But then my game became corrupted and I spent 2-3 frustrating weeks going back and forth with Activision support trying to sort it out - all the while missing out on timed quests and everything else going on with the game. I was lucky and got my island back exactly as I left it.

If mine were an isolated incident, I'd shrug it off as my bad luck. But this thread is full of people complaining about corrupted games - and all were triggered by crashing during visiting.

Seeing other people's islands is fun, but not really an important part of the game. It is only a game, so if you're prepared to lose it, shrug, and move onto the next, then go ahead. Otherwise, you need to proceed with caution.
#8 Posted: 16:38:42 10/07/2014
I have been kudo harvesting from Aura daily for 6 months . If Aura,s kingdom was bad ju ju , i would have been cyber spanked long ago .

Aura my fake friend is safe . I took out the real friend factor and life is just peachy now .
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me