darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 7 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#301 Posted: 15:58:34 31/07/2014
I kind of like that "eight ghostly elementals" idea actually
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#302 Posted: 16:09:07 31/07/2014
this is how much it will cost to unlock all in game content for trap team....

1 starter Pack 74.99

7 additional traps 41.93

7 additional Trap Masters 104.93

its a total of 221.85 USD

this dont include the new core figures, adventure packs, eons elite or sidekicks(if they return). trap team is the most expansive skylanders game so far. activision have gone ballistics with the prices.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#303 Posted: 16:31:08 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm too lazy...but someone do a tally if you get one of everything (assume 48 traps)...this is going to be interesting. All cores, trapmasters, 48 traps, and for good measure assume 4 variant trap masters and 4 in game variant skylanders in the mix.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#304 Posted: 16:46:36 31/07/2014
782.11 Thats how much it would all be but theres still adventure packs and sidekick packs
---
"Taking Charge"
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#305 Posted: 16:55:18 31/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i see some here say it will not go down good with parents, but there is already 4(included trap team now) games you can play with the older charterers. i dont think they will be offended by a reboot at all, it will just be a new game to them to buy.

So spending over 1k (at minimum) on the series just to have the previous figures made pointless or, not any way better, be turned into generic spirits/power-ups for future installments will sit well with Parents whom already complain at how many figures they have to buy in general?

Don't think so. You guys might be all like a "reboot with all the old characters made obsolete is fantastic idea" but it really isn't. It's not even what the game needs. They can do online gaming without rendering the previous characters pointless.

The "4 games they can use them on" excuse isn't good either because 1) the games are insultingly short so there's nothing really to do after the game (not everyone cares about that 100% guys, stop drinking that excuse to spend more money kool-aid.). Bonus Mission Maps? Fine but the arenas are about as fun as watching paint dry and then the heroics were all just really short. 2) SA and Giants were exclusive to previous gen while SF and TT have current gen releases, people can't actually play as them (bar the Wii version) in the current gen because there is no backwards compatibility. A lot of people don't keep their previous console you know...
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#306 Posted: 16:57:40 31/07/2014
Not going to bother with Series+ and variants.

Starter Pack (Water TM + Life Core + Life Hammer + Water Tiki): 74.99
5x L+W Traps, 6x A+E+F+M+T+U Traps (46 total): 275.54
Kaos Trap: 5.99
15 Trap Masters: 224.85
15 Cores*: 169.83
2 Adventure Packs*: 39.98

Grand Total: 791.18

*: 18 Cores total - (1 Starter Core + 2 Adventure Cores) = 18-3 = 15

Note: Limiting yourself to 16 elemental traps, you'll save 191.68, which brings the total down to a numerically aesthetic price of 599.50
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#307 Posted: 17:05:06 31/07/2014
So far as we can say they change only the normal elemental zones to crystal elemental zones. With hats, legendary treasures or scrolls. Nothing special like the Swap Zones or so. So I can wait und buy to the relase only the game and some other traps. Hope there are all trap of the other six elements in the two triple packs. And all of the rest bit by bit. Up to date we don't know all Trap Masters or which of them will be in wave 1 or 2. And not all of us like the same Trap Masters, so we must wait for some of them till wave 3 or 4. And 200 € over 3 to 6 month distributed is okay for me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:11 31/07/2014 by Jeriba
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#308 Posted: 17:06:45 31/07/2014
I can't see how people think that making older characters useless is a good thing. I'm annoyed as it is that every character sitting on my shelf can't open a single gate in the new game. Now when I try to fathom being told that none of them will be supported any further, or will act as some pointless ghost symbol thing... Now that would be money grubbing at its finest, since then you have nothing to start with in the new game. Of course, knowing how horrible an idea that is, I'm more than certain Activision is already discussing it.

Trust me, the day they say they aren't supporting my figures that I already own is the day they can stick it.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#309 Posted: 17:47:37 31/07/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
Not going to bother with Series+ and variants.

Starter Pack (Water TM + Life Core + Life Hammer + Water Tiki): 74.99
5x L+W Traps, 6x A+E+F+M+T+U Traps (46 total): 275.54
Kaos Trap: 5.99
15 Trap Masters: 224.85
15 Cores*: 169.83
2 Adventure Packs*: 39.98

Grand Total: 791.18

*: 18 Cores total - (1 Starter Core + 2 Adventure Cores) = 18-3 = 15

Note: Limiting yourself to 16 elemental traps, you'll save 191.68, which brings the total down to a numerically aesthetic price of 599.50

Why 16 traps? You can do everything with just 8 (so you need to only buy 6 more). Getting more traps just means you have the convenience of swapping villains on the fly, without having to go back to the hub. At least that's how I understand the trap mechanic.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#310 Posted: 18:10:50 31/07/2014
Quote: DM235

Why 16 traps? You can do everything with just 8 (so you need to only buy 6 more). Getting more traps just means you have the convenience of swapping villains on the fly, without having to go back to the hub. At least that's how I understand the trap mechanic.

One of each design, assuming there are two designs they haven't shown yet (I'm assuming there are, due to Skylanders almost always having multiples of 8). The point was to calculate how much it would cost to have everything, and I consider one of each design to be "all" of them. The rest are just the same ones in different colors.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#311 Posted: 18:35:54 31/07/2014
Quote: Eggers
I can't see how people think that making older characters useless is a good thing. I'm annoyed as it is that every character sitting on my shelf can't open a single gate in the new game. Now when I try to fathom being told that none of them will be supported any further, or will act as some pointless ghost symbol thing... Now that would be money grubbing at its finest, since then you have nothing to start with in the new game. Of course, knowing how horrible an idea that is, I'm more than certain Activision is already discussing it.

Trust me, the day they say they aren't supporting my figures that I already own is the day they can stick it.

i think it is best to stop now, it will be good with a year break and just wait for the fifth game. i think the fifth game will have the online gameplay, that everyone have been wanting for.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#312 Posted: 19:41:35 31/07/2014
Quote: Eggers

No one's saying it's a good thing, we're just speculating on what could be done with older figures rather than just stop supporting them altogether.

Another option is making the data for older figures be DLC, that way only people with older figures would have use for it and developers wouldn't have to incorporate the older data for potentially dozens of characters that new users don't need. The only problem is it would probably be paid DLC, which would still leave people unhappy.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#313 Posted: 19:54:55 31/07/2014
DLC could be utilized for offline use, or data maintained by the servers if the game went online, which isnt completely unheard of with the way some things are going these days with the gaming companies. Basically the servers having all the figures data, but not burdening your disc/hard drive with it, unless you verified you had that figure placing in on the portal.
#314 Posted: 20:45:28 31/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
DLC could be utilized for offline use, or data maintained by the servers if the game went online, which isnt completely unheard of with the way some things are going these days with the gaming companies. Basically the servers having all the figures data, but not burdening your disc/hard drive with it, unless you verified you had that figure placing in on the portal.

if this 200 dollar game is not gonna be on the disc, then im quitting skylanders on the spot... im not paying 200 dollar for a digital rental.

everything should be on the disc only matchmaking should be done by servers.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#315 Posted: 21:36:44 31/07/2014
*sighs*

I didnt say the WHOLE game. Trust me I am the last person that would take digital copies compared to a physical in my hand version. My suggestion was one to maintain support of the older figures without burdening the newer game as it continued to add new material. Heck, dont put ANY figure info on the game, the whole disc is purely GAME, and when you used the figure on the portal it pulled that figures ingame info from the server, leaving the figure to just maintain the coding for level/powers selected/gold. Then you have that figure info on the console for later use. So its not on disc DLC, buying a figure becomes like buying a new character off a MOBA or ARPG game to play as.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:16 31/07/2014 by GothamLord
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#316 Posted: 01:22:21 01/08/2014
I know this topic is passed, but I don't see them dropping traps/villains in future releases. Simply because of the money factor. The traps are cheaper to make then a figure and probably just as profitable. As well, they hit the customers that only want to spend $5, not $15. This is working for DI with the power disks, so dropping the traps would be like throwing away money.

That 's not definitive proof by any means, but I'm more inclined to think they'll add a few more villains the that they'll drop them altogether.
#317 Posted: 01:28:02 01/08/2014
They should really consider turning the popular villains into figures. I vote Painyatta.
#318 Posted: 01:34:26 01/08/2014
All trappable villains in TT considered as Series 1. Popular villains released as actual figures in future games and considered Series 2's ?
#319 Posted: 01:41:23 01/08/2014
All trappable villains in TT considered as Series 1. Popular villains released as actual figures in future games and considered Series 2's ?

Probably not simply because the Series refers to character being sculpted.

And I figure they'd make them Skylanders anyways so it would make sense with a story about it being a "villain turned Skylander" now.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#320 Posted: 01:44:18 01/08/2014
maybe if you have a painyatta figure on the portal and put in a magic trap with painyatta in it it'll give a boost of some kind
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#321 Posted: 01:50:52 01/08/2014
Or just different attacks. As I can have two Stealth Elfs on the portal at the same time and it doesnt really seem to cause a issue.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#322 Posted: 04:02:35 01/08/2014
Quote: AzureStarline
Yes, especially since Swap Force 3DS was actually fun smilie SSA 3DS...not at all

This post is so completely wrong, I don't even know where to begin... smilie
#323 Posted: 04:21:17 01/08/2014
SA 3DS and SF 3DS were both fun, Giants 3DS was pathetic.
TheMuffinater Green Sparx Gems: 498
#324 Posted: 07:20:04 01/08/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Yes, especially since Swap Force 3DS was actually fun smilie SSA 3DS...not at all

Oh no! Somebody has an opinion on the internet!
---
Dino-Rang, Wind-up, Thumback, and Spy Rise FTW!!
#325 Posted: 07:37:52 01/08/2014
Quote: melvimbe
I know this topic is passed, but I don't see them dropping traps/villains in future releases. Simply because of the money factor. The traps are cheaper to make then a figure and probably just as profitable. As well, they hit the customers that only want to spend $5, not $15. This is working for DI with the power disks, so dropping the traps would be like throwing away money.

That 's not definitive proof by any means, but I'm more inclined to think they'll add a few more villains the that they'll drop them altogether.

the traps is a disgusting money grab and a worthless gimmick(no figure to buy and 30 sec usage for ingame characters). it have turned out that the revolutionary idea skylanders was in the beginning, is now only being exploited for money. i know its a business for activision but they are not being fair to the customers at all. they push the price up and it get less game for every year. another guitar hero is on the horizon soon.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#326 Posted: 09:51:11 01/08/2014
Okay. The thirty second usage thing we've clearly seen from the walkthrough doesn't apply anymore as a valid argument. I hate the stupid thing too, trust me. We can still argue there is an timer, but its clear that it's been extended, or that it can be extended via other means in the game. It's atleast up to eighty possible seconds now. Might be longer. We still don't know fully. Yes, if the traps didn't exist at all we wouldn't have this issue with a timer, but we at least need to acknowledge the difference in the timer now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:52:03 01/08/2014 by GothamLord
#327 Posted: 10:49:37 01/08/2014
Quote: TheMuffinater

Oh no! Somebody has an opinion on the internet!

[User Posted Image]
If I was serious, I wouldn't have put the smilie there or exaggerated by saying completely. I also would have gone on a rant about how Azure was wrong for enjoying a game I didn't (which is untrue). smilie

@Azure IMO SA 3DS was pretty good and I love how it felt distinct from the console version, though it was shamefully short and should have included the option to turn off time trial. Giants 3DS was just bad (noticeable technical issues without very good design) and SF 3DS was mixed, I thought some parts of it were really good while others were really bad, or just annoying enough to discourage me from replaying it

Also, I just realised today that they haven't confirmed extra modes like Time Attack are coming back, which kinda concerns me. I don't see them removing those but if they do, it'd make the game a noticeable step down from SF to me (unless it had storytelling like SA's). The extra modes were the best addition to the game aside from jumping, imo.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:03:51 01/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
#328 Posted: 13:52:47 01/08/2014

Sorry for enjoying something. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to.

EDIT: How did you like SSA 3DS with that ridiculous "Hektor is coming! RUN!" nonsense?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:47 01/08/2014 by AzureStarline
#329 Posted: 16:50:42 01/08/2014

EDIT: How did you like SSA 3DS with that ridiculous "Hektor is coming! RUN!" nonsense?

Didnt they keep that for subsequent Time runs? It at least made sense in SA!
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#330 Posted: 17:16:43 01/08/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
SA 3DS and SF 3DS were both fun, Giants 3DS was pathetic.

I agree. The gameplay in Giants wasn't much different than SSA other than the giant-only areas, some of the collectables were hard to find (I've still never completed Tunnel of Love) and I found the Frightbeard fight really frustrating. I'm definitely selling this game.
#331 Posted: 17:26:52 01/08/2014
Sorry, I was trying to make a joke... Didn't know people would take it so seriously. smilie

Also, somehow I mixed you up with Hexin, Azure, and thought you just replied brushing it off, hence the above post.

I liked it because I think it's a good fast-paced platformer. It runs great and has few loading screens, making it easy to pick up for a quick play session. And I like Hektore as a villain. The way he chases you down and actually tries to stop you made him feel much more threatening than the other villains in Skylanders to me and, while it somewhat cheaply forces you to replay levels to get all its crystals, him hunting you down after you finish a mission adds a little challenge. And like I said, I think it makes Hektore feel much threatening so it also adds to the storytelling, which is really the main reason I like it. But my favourite thing about the game would have to be the Skylanders' movesets. I think most of them are fantastic- a lot of the Skylanders throw out an attack after they jump or have abilities that can only be used by sprinting, encouraging you to use jumping and sprinting even while fighting. It's a good way to give them extra abilities even with the 3DS not having many buttons, too.
I certainly don't think it's perfect- it's easy to beat the main story because it's very short, as I said the way the game forces you to replay levels is kind of cheap, and I don't like how you can't turn off the time trial after it's active, and the final boss just sucks, and I wish they had given some bonus for getting good scores on time trial because there isn't an incentive to get a good score there. But I think it offers some nice challenge, the environments are well-designed for the most part and the graphics look good, the adaption of the Skylanders' abilities is great, it has nice storytelling which ties lore into game mechanics, and I personally find it a lot more exciting than the other Skylanders games. I also have a lot of fun trying to beat my time trial scores...

I think Giants is just bad because of many things, that would be negligible if the game were really well-designed, but pile up into something mediocre. Noticeable technical issues- visible lag even though the graphics and scale aren't impressive enough to forgive that, game crashes, fails to hold onto time trail records, and it has a glitch in the Adventure Pack levels where, if you've gotten the time star on them, they force a time limit on you even when you select the option not to play time trial. The story isn't very interesting- no memorable moments; characters such as the rock tiki are used as plot devices for particular worlds and ignored afterwards despite being together on a tiny ship with Cali/Hugo/Flynn; villain is uninteresting and doesn't do much that feels threatening before you quickly smack him down.
And the level design is largely boring. Some items were hidden very well, in nice crevices and hidden areas that fit in with the environments, but more often were just at the end of obvious visible paths. Platforming? Largely unexciting, often consists of moving across generic floating platforms that look similar to the environments around them but don't cleverly tie in, with few obstacles. Combat? No option to make the game more difficult, and even using some of the low-level Skylanders, I found beating enemies extremely easy. New Skylanders themselves? Many of their movesets don't feel like they were designed to take advantage of dashing and jumping like a lot of SA's, plus many of them feel unresponsive to controls- a lot of them launch attacks at a weird speed, so when I'd press a button to do their attack again nothing would happen since the animation for their last attack was ending.
Since old Skylanders only get stat boosts beyond Level 10, I wasn't interested in playing them in Giants, so that doesn't make up for how underwhelmed I was with the new ones. I also hate how the camera pans onto an enemy gate every time you kill the enemies you have to, which makes replaying levels slower than it should be. Overall, found the game design uninteresting while the technical issues bogged it down.

I think SF is a lot better than Giants, mainly because its design is more interesting. It still suffers from some issues Giants did, but I think there were a lot of cool design concepts in it, so I find it easier to forgive those issues than with Giants. The level/environment design works better than Giants' did- more of the platforms tie in with the environments well- while some seem mediocre, I like some of the new Skylanders a lot, and I think some of the level design looks very cool and feels distinct from other levels in Skylanders. It also seems to run better than Giants- I didn't notice any huge FPS dips like I did in certain parts of Giants (such as the first and last levels). As for the story, some parts of it felt like an Excuse Plot, but it moves things along well enough and it has better characters and uses them better than Giants. Moneybone was more entertaining and appeared much more than Frightbeard, overall a better villain. At the same time, it still had: the gate camera pans, stupidly obvious lock puzzles which slow down gameplay and hardly offer anything interesting, some really bad Skylanders, a couple of badly-designed areas like some of Giants', and a glitch which randomly locks up the 3DS.
Besides some of the less interesting areas/levels, I actually enjoyed my first run of SF 3DS quite a bit- I even think some parts of levels and some of the Skylanders were so good that they were better than parts of the console game, which is just how I feel about SA 3DS- but it had issues that kept me from coming back to it (especially the random console lock-ups). Perhaps I'm just unlucky with the console lock-ups (or play with my 3DSes too much, wearing them down), but I also had crashing issues with Giants that gave me this message*, so it really shows to me how these games are running on a non-optimal engine.

But ultimately I'm not upset if someone still likes Giants despite its issues and is willing to forgive them, or hates SA even though I like it a lot, it's just personal opinion. If Giants'/SF playstyle appeals to you more and you don't care for SA's, then have fun with them. You asked why I like SA 3DS so I stated some of the things I think are well/poorly-designed in the 3DS games and a couple of the things I'm willing to forgive anyway.

* That's not my image and Mii Plaza has never crashed on my 3DS. The only 3DS games which have crashed on my system are SA 3DS (has locked-up twice from moving away from Portal too fast), Giants 3DS (randomly crashes with error message), SF 3DS (random lock-ups) and Colors! 3D (crashed with error message, only once). It was just the first image I found when I searched for the error message.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:34:37 01/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
#332 Posted: 18:12:40 01/08/2014
I wonder how the 3DS version of Trap Team would be able to handle 100+ playable characters in one cartridge.
#333 Posted: 18:46:36 01/08/2014
Quote: alicecarp
I wonder how the 3DS version of Trap Team would be able to handle 100+ playable characters in one cartridge.

No different than Swap Force handled every character, variants AND combinations.
#334 Posted: 19:30:18 01/08/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

No different than Swap Force handled every character, variants AND combinations.

Well, assuming swapping still works, then Trap Team needs all that PLUS the new characters.
---
MatthewGlenHill Green Sparx Gems: 189
#335 Posted: 02:37:32 02/08/2014
Personally I would love to see Skylanders 5 free of any new gimmicks and run a more developed story. I would like to see/use Giants, Swappables and Trapmasters in the 5th game and develop what they already have. They don't need some fancy gimmick to make the game great. The sad thing is that's how they can make more money by adding new things to the game.

For example, I know I only put Giants on the portal in SF to open a portal to only take them off moments later, give me something to use my entire collection of Skylanders. Introduce some new Giants or Swapables maybe make some sick Villian figures to play with and upgrade.

All in all, I am looking forward to Trap Team but maybe some ideas for "Skylanders 5: Joint Forces"... Get a new Super Villian and bring Kaos on our side after all he's gonna be trapped right? Also definitely want a bank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qv91G3EvWE check out that video to see what I am talking about.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:57:29 02/08/2014 by MatthewGlenHill
#336 Posted: 03:29:10 02/08/2014
Reposing any of the Giants, Swap Force, and Trap Masters would just be...terrible. We don't like reposes already, why reposes of the gimmicky characters past their prime?
#337 Posted: 08:42:37 02/08/2014
Quote: MatthewGlenHill
Personally I would love to see Skylanders 5 free of any new gimmicks and run a more developed story. I would like to see/use Giants, Swappables and Trapmasters in the 5th game and develop what they already have. They don't need some fancy gimmick to make the game great. The sad thing is that's how they can make more money by adding new things to the game.

For example, I know I only put Giants on the portal in SF to open a portal to only take them off moments later, give me something to use my entire collection of Skylanders. Introduce some new Giants or Swapables maybe make some sick Villian figures to play with and upgrade.

All in all, I am looking forward to Trap Team but maybe some ideas for "Skylanders 5: Joint Forces"... Get a new Super Villian and bring Kaos on our side after all he's gonna be trapped right? Also definitely want a bank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qv91G3EvWE check out that video to see what I am talking about.

remember we are talking about activision here that is famous for the guitar hero game...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#338 Posted: 12:31:14 02/08/2014

remember we are talking about activision here that is famous for the guitar hero game...

True, what do you mean by that though?
#339 Posted: 12:36:31 02/08/2014
Driving a franchise into the ground once competition showed up on the market, trying to milk as much money as possible in a relatively short time frame, before abandoning it completely.
#340 Posted: 13:09:34 02/08/2014
^This.
I won't be surprised if Trap Team ends up being the last game, especially when Nintendo releases Amiibo.
#341 Posted: 13:11:29 02/08/2014
Driving a franchise into the ground once competition showed up on the market, trying to milk as much money as possible in a relatively short time frame, before abandoning it completely.

Yeah I here that, I would still say I enjoyed the heck out of Guitar Hero though.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#342 Posted: 13:23:53 02/08/2014
Quote: melvimbe

the traps is a disgusting money grab and a worthless gimmick(no figure to buy and 30 sec usage for ingame characters). it have turned out that the revolutionary idea skylanders was in the beginning, is now only being exploited for money. i know its a business for activision but they are not being fair to the customers at all. they push the price up and it get less game for every year. another guitar hero is on the horizon soon.

You should clarify your statements better. You complain that the traps are a gimmick for money only. That's all skylanders every really was! Yes it's a revolutionary idea, but it has always been about money getting you to pay way more then you normally would for a video game. You can't complain about them pushing the price up when they are now providing toys (sculpts) that are half the price of the figures. Perhaps you mean the price of completing the game or of getting everything that they have available to sell.

For 5 dollars, I think your money is much better spent on a sculpt then it is on the blind bag power discs DI is offering you. If you want to spend $10, well you can get a figure for skylanders or 2 sculpts. You can only get some blind bags from DI. You can also get some action figure that isn't tied to a video game at all. For $10, I think your money is best spent on skylanders...unless your daughter is just dying to get more my little ponies. For $15 dollars, you get a DI figure, or 3 blind bags. You can get a 3 skylanders sculpts, a figure and a sculpt, or a gimmick figure. You can also get a wide variety of other toys, most if which aren't going to be as much fun as what skylanders or DI is going to give you. Good luck finding any legos for $15. I'd probably lean more towards the skylanders figure personally.

The point is that there are different ways of looking at what kind of value you get from your dollar, from DI, for Activision, or from elsewhere. As a collector or a gamer, Activision may not stack up as well to other options. Not every customer with money to spend fits those demographics. I'm not saying Activision is doing a great job or that I wouldn't like to see things improve. However, I just don't think it's accurate to say that they are failing miserably, ripping off customers, etc. I think it deserves a fair evaluation with comparison to other productions they compete with, other customers they are trying to sell to, etc.
#343 Posted: 13:46:05 02/08/2014
Quote:
I'm not saying Activision is doing a great job or that I wouldn't like to see things improve. However, I just don't think it's accurate to say that they are failing miserably, ripping off customers, etc. I think it deserves a fair evaluation with comparison to other productions they compete with, other customers they are trying to sell to, etc.

I totally agree, if Activision were failing we wouldn't be talking about the game at all. They are doing. imo, a great jon at running their business and giving us things that we will not only buy but enjoy. Yes improvements can be made but there are always improvements to be made.

The Guitar Hero comments, yes they took everything they could with Guitar Hero but why not? Why wouldn't they get the most they can out of Skylanders. Yeah I stopped playing Guitar Hero after a while but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it in it's prime. The same with Skylanders, who knows we may decide to quit playing after Trap Team but that doesn't change the fact that everything before was awesome and very successful. They're going to try and get all they can out of Skylanders like Guitar Hero so they can then come up with another idea that we will all fall in love with again.

Quote:
I won't be surprised if Trap Team ends up being the last game, especially when Nintendo releases Amiibo

As foo Amiibo, the biggest problem with that is the WiiU. The beauty of Activision's products or anything like it, DI included, it's not limited to a single platform. I don't have a WiiU and I am most certainly not going to get it to play Amiibo. Offer it on Playstation (not gonna happen) and then I may think about it but the WiiU... not happening...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:55 02/08/2014 by MatthewGlenHill
#344 Posted: 15:55:28 02/08/2014 | Topic Creator
^This.
I won't be surprised if Trap Team ends up being the last game, especially when Nintendo releases Amiibo.

If I were a shareholder, I'd be angry if they did this. They need to build this for relative longevity. We all know they can't do these games forever, so I get the cash grab a little bit, but there's a ton of opportunity here they aren't taking advantage if they did that.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#345 Posted: 16:30:30 02/08/2014
Quote:
I'm not saying Activision is doing a great job or that I wouldn't like to see things improve. However, I just don't think it's accurate to say that they are failing miserably, ripping off customers, etc. I think it deserves a fair evaluation with comparison to other productions they compete with, other customers they are trying to sell to, etc.

I totally agree, if Activision were failing we wouldn't be talking about the game at all. They are doing. imo, a great jon at running their business and giving us things that we will not only buy but enjoy. Yes improvements can be made but there are always improvements to be made.

The Guitar Hero comments, yes they took everything they could with Guitar Hero but why not? Why wouldn't they get the most they can out of Skylanders. Yeah I stopped playing Guitar Hero after a while but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it in it's prime. The same with Skylanders, who knows we may decide to quit playing after Trap Team but that doesn't change the fact that everything before was awesome and very successful. They're going to try and get all they can out of Skylanders like Guitar Hero so they can then come up with another idea that we will all fall in love with again.

Quote:
I won't be surprised if Trap Team ends up being the last game, especially when Nintendo releases Amiibo

As foo Amiibo, the biggest problem with that is the WiiU. The beauty of Activision's products or anything like it, DI included, it's not limited to a single platform. I don't have a WiiU and I am most certainly not going to get it to play Amiibo. Offer it on Playstation (not gonna happen) and then I may think about it but the WiiU... not happening...

Yet it a fan forum. In real life skylanders isn't as popular
---
THE END IS NEAR
#346 Posted: 13:23:31 03/08/2014

that is activisions...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#347 Posted: 14:53:24 04/08/2014
Do anyone has seen this tech gate or what ever it my be in the background at 1:18:

Something game specific or a normal elemental gate or for a villain? What do you think?
#348 Posted: 14:57:05 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I think it's just a level based gate that isn't elemental. Think the "Brock" bridge that came down in SG.
---
#349 Posted: 15:14:03 04/08/2014
This may be, but I think if it's be only a gate or a bridge, there will be a fight symbol with crossed swords on it.
#350 Posted: 15:15:42 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, we couldn't see the entire thing. Maybe we need to bomb it or something. Inconclusive. Definitely not an elemental gate.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:16:45 04/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
First | Previous | Page 7 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me