darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 3 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#101 Posted: 13:49:25 16/07/2014
the sidekicks be the new sparx lol
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#102 Posted: 14:41:27 16/07/2014
I thought of something that would solve the heroics/stat upgrades situation. What they should do is that for every level you level up, you get to do any heroic or equivalent thing to bump a given stat. Since there is currently a level 20 cap that would mean you could eventually do 20 of them. You would decide which stats you would like to bump by picking the challenges. It would make leveling up mean more and wouldn't mean the OCD people would "have to" do 120+ challenges per character. It would also allow for you to personalize your characters by the choices you make.

It's kind of a quasi skill tree by a might be a little simpler for their "kid test groups".
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#103 Posted: 19:43:11 16/07/2014
Quote: Zylek
I thought of something that would solve the heroics/stat upgrades situation. What they should do is that for every level you level up, you get to do any heroic or equivalent thing to bump a given stat. Since there is currently a level 20 cap that would mean you could eventually do 20 of them. You would decide which stats you would like to bump by picking the challenges. It would make leveling up mean more and wouldn't mean the OCD people would "have to" do 120+ challenges per character. It would also allow for you to personalize your characters by the choices you make.

It's kind of a quasi skill tree by a might be a little simpler for their "kid test groups".

But what about already level-up characters?
#104 Posted: 19:53:57 16/07/2014
You'd get to run as many heroics/challenges as what level you are at, so if your character was at level 15, you'd be able to complete 15 challenges.
---
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#105 Posted: 22:06:27 16/07/2014

I really like this idea, it would give me more incentive to level up all my skylanders and I could actually feel like a difference was being made. I could plan ahead of time if i wanted a strong or fast skylander and pick stats to go with its upgrades and so forth.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#106 Posted: 04:12:58 17/07/2014
Quote:
While I dont claim to speak for Ghost, I can say personally a lot of the "discouragement" that some of seem to throw around is because the optimism from some (not all) is given blindly.

The opposite is also true, some people throw optimism because some are too pessimistic and only focus on the bad things.
---
bye
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#107 Posted: 04:51:03 17/07/2014
Who? Where? Of the main people, like myself, that have been what others might label as the "Negative-Naceys". We've all generally listed rather in depth posts of our reasoning and stance on it.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#108 Posted: 11:00:47 17/07/2014
Zylek, I love your idea for Heroics! smilie Right now, levelling is kind of underwhelming (IMO) since you just get HP, but that feature would help it feel like your Skylander is getting more powerful since they're given the right to go through new dungeons. 20 would be a nice number of Heroics without being overwhelming if you have a lot of Skylanders, too.

newkill... What GothamLord said. Also, constructive criticism =/= wholly negative (without constructive criticism, art evolves painfully slowly- there's nothing wrong with discussing something's shortcomings as well as strong points or concern as well as excitement, either, as long as you aren't a jerk about it and maybe I'm wrong but to me most of the critical discussion doesn't seem that mean)

If you want to know about the things I like, here's a short list...
  • The Trap gimmick has good lore potential.
  • Some villains could team up with Skylanders well, providing nice band-aids for some of their shortcomings. I'm sure that Chill Bill and Broccoli Guy could work nice with a lot of characters.
  • The hub looks nice and large and has a cool design.
  • Skystones has come back and is improved.
  • Lock Imps are improved.
  • Some old characters returning- I'm glad to see them because I dislike how they were hardly mentioned or referenced in SF.
  • I like the villains speaking through the Portal and the Traps lighting up and think that dialogue could be really funny. Also glad we have the option to turn Portal volume down/off.
  • The repose choices so far seem better than before.
  • Jump-attack could make jumping more useful.
  • Quite a few of the new character designs look good/have good concepts.
  • The graphic textures are noticeably more detailed than SF's (and maybe it's just me, but the colours seem more vivid).
  • Head Rush.
  • Chopper.

Also, if you don't like our criticism and think there's too much of it here, a) try to write about positive thoughts to talk and speculate on (see: Nightmoon's idea for Heroics on the last page) instead of just ironically making negative comments on the criticism (which is the only thing I've seen you do in this thread smilie)- or b) if you think it's not worth it to try, then just leave this thread and make another for what you want to talk about, because the criticism is part of it and it's better to keep some of it here than spew criticism about the game features on unrelated topics. I won't deny that's still happening, but from what I've seen it's not as often as it used to be- though maybe that's just because there aren't as many new topics here as there used to be.

The first post even says that we're allowed to discuss concerns about the game in this topic, yo. I can't speak for others, but I think I can say this- if you're disappointed because you feel some people don't promote anything positive, just realise that some of us enjoy talking about criticisms as much as or more as what we like or are more interested in it and this topic could essentially act as our place to post criticism. If people just want to talk about their criticisms, let them do so where it's appropriate to and where it doesn't disrupt other things. If you have an issue with a particular user/s, please send them a PM instead of vaguely saying that some people are being too negative, in a thread where a lot of us are critical- that just feels passive-aggressive. smilie
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:24:42 17/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#109 Posted: 14:10:18 17/07/2014
aye, I'm one of those 'sounds mostly negative' people, though to be fair to myself, it's because the negative rings louder than the positive and is directly proportional to how much money I'm willing to spend.

For me, it's pretty simple - money. I understand I'm 'throwing money away' by buying 'on disc DLC' essentially. I deal with that. But the cost just gets higher and higher and I'm frankly at the break point where I have to question the $$$ vs Fun equation. And yes I have math for justification of cost.

Take what you make and subtract out all cost, leaving you with JUST your budget for 'fun expenditures'. Now compare how much an activity cost per hour against that number (not throwing any of my personal financials out there sorry). For instance, going to see Transformers at 3D IMAC w/ online tickets, ran me 16 bucks. 16 Bucks for 3 hours of 'arguable' entertainment...that's about $5.33 an hour. That is a good deal. To compare, lets look at SSA, SG and SSF with full unlocks...no variants, strictly 'minimal to play everything'

SSA - $75 game + 5 core figures @ $10 = $125
SSG - $75 Game + 5 core figures @ $10 = $125
SSF - $75 game + 8 swap figures @ $15 = $195 (for reference starter comes with Wash Buckler *climb/water* and Blast Zone *rocket/fire* along with Stealth elf *life*, to get rest of SF unlocks and elementals requires Free Ranger (nado/air), Rumble Rouser (dig/earth), Trap Shadow (sneak/magic), Magna Charge (turbo/tech), Night Shift (undead/teleport), and either Fire Kraken or Rattle Shake for jumping.

that doesn't even include the figures you may actually WANT.

Now TT is adding Crystals on top of it all @ $6, with a minimum of 6 needed. Dont' know yet if you need different element Trap Masters fo different color traptanium.

The games are getting more expensive with honestly LESS reason to log more hours. SSA was fun to slog through to try and get 3 stars on everything. You could beat some of the levels in like 2-3 minutes. Giants was a little longer, but not much longer - about the right level length, adding in heroics and al lthe side stuff and it was worth the $125 entry...but barely. SSF was just outright too much money for the length of time played. Grin and bare it because - SKYLANDERS! But it's like waking up sober and seeing how much you spent on toys the last go around (no you don't have to be like me and get them all), when you see the next game and there are even more toys without ANYONE COMMENTING ON GAME LENGTH, you step back with hesitation.

That's where I am. I'm sure the figures wil lbe OK, I'm sure the graphics and music will be fine, I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about gameplay and length, and ALL the focus has been on this go around was on 'money making toys'.
- Unreall
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#110 Posted: 14:20:46 17/07/2014
These are the only things I want to get so far:
Nightmare Express Adventure Pack,
A Trap of each element,
Either Torch or Chopper.
I've heard there's a new type of Power Disc in DI2.0 that gives a certain type of level (e.g. Tower Defense), which is roughly half the time it takes me to complete an average Skylanders game. Unless Activision show that they can improve the series, my interest is in DI2.0 now.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#111 Posted: 15:03:20 17/07/2014
Yes, the Avengers Starter comes with two game discs (In addition to the Avengers Playset). The two discs give you themed tower defense and dungeon crawl games. Apparently you'll also be able to design your own levels in the toy box of those game types as well. So given the weekly availability of new content, we should see some cool new levels on a regular basis.
---
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#112 Posted: 15:11:44 17/07/2014
Yes, the Avengers Starter comes with two game discs (In addition to the Avengers Playset). The two discs give you themed tower defense and dungeon crawl games. Apparently you'll also be able to design your own levels in the toy box of those game types as well. So given the weekly availability of new content, we should see some cool new levels on a regular basis.

Yet another reason to switch.

I've heard rumors that Fredzilla is playable, too.

[User Posted Image]

To end this post on a positive note: Activision have said that there's a game-changer in STT that they're going to reveal some time in the future.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#113 Posted: 15:40:20 17/07/2014
I don't know... I'm still sticking with a Skylanders because I still have faith. We've gotten little to no info on the game. This could change with SDCC. Maybe that's why they are so hush about Trap Team. They want the BIG reveal to be from Comic Con. Who knows? I certainly hope that I'm right.
#114 Posted: 17:29:23 17/07/2014
The whole 'switch' thing is a bit bogus to me. They'll both get my money, it's just a matter of how MUCH money they will get from me. With DI I bought all the figures including crystals, except for stuff from Wave 3 - though my son wanted 'Perry' so I got that playset. For DI2.0 I'll scoop Hulk and spiderman, and Ironman...maybe a couple of all 3. That's about it. Trap Team is going the same way - I've bought EVERYTHING for SF including variants *though I've avoided reposes* - I even after purchasing the dark starter kit - ended up getting the regular kit so I cna have regular wash buckler and blast zone (also got it for the PS3 so I can have a portal downstairs and one upstairs heh). I'm not doing that this time. I'm going to cherry pick the figures I like, if I can't access the whole game...oh well.

But nothing says you can only play/buy one of them.
- Unreall
#115 Posted: 18:40:21 17/07/2014
Yeah, I'm not switching, I like both games. It looks like DI 2.0 will be taking more of my money this year though.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#116 Posted: 06:49:19 19/07/2014
[User Posted Image]

im looking at this picture right now, that was just posted in the other thread. and thinking how much of the same sculpts are we gonna get?... just look at these two blue trap sculpts in the picture, its water and air. but it is clearly a magic potion and should be a magic element. there is only 8 elements and if you want the sculpt that fit the elements, it can be a problem. different release dates and shops that dont take all the traps, the hunt for these trap sculpts can become a massive task. it looks like tfb havent thought out this to well, and yet again its quantity over quality by the look of it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:50:18 19/07/2014 by CountMoneyBone
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#117 Posted: 07:22:39 19/07/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

Take what you make and subtract out all cost, leaving you with JUST your budget for 'fun expenditures'. Now compare how much an activity cost per hour against that number (not throwing any of my personal financials out there sorry). For instance, going to see Transformers at 3D IMAC w/ online tickets, ran me 16 bucks. 16 Bucks for 3 hours of 'arguable' entertainment...that's about $5.33 an hour. That is a good deal. To compare, lets look at SSA, SG and SSF with full unlocks...no variants, strictly 'minimal to play everything'

SSF - $75 game + 8 swap figures @ $15 = $195 (for reference starter comes with Wash Buckler *climb/water* and Blast Zone *rocket/fire* along with Stealth elf *life*, to get rest of SF unlocks and elementals requires Free Ranger (nado/air), Rumble Rouser (dig/earth), Trap Shadow (sneak/magic), Magna Charge (turbo/tech), Night Shift (undead/teleport), and either Fire Kraken or Rattle Shake for jumping.

- Unreall

to start, those numbers really make me notice how inflated Australian Prices are. $16 for a 3d movie, geezus, sign me up x.x

but that is pretty much how i work it out, but i seem to have swung the compete opposite.
I usually dissolve the price of the starter pack into the total of the figures i'll be getting, I too am a "get them all" kind of person. So each figure costs roughly $16.something, at australian prices.

to use your example, for me to go see a 3d movie is $20, for on average 2 hours of "arguable entertainment" (ha, i loved that).
i ask myself, am i getting 2 hours of enjoyable playtime out of every figure. personally i can answer "yes". and that is not taking into account the physical toy , i think i get more enjoyment out of the figures as display pieces than i do as video game accessories.
But i am a figure collector, i collect Pop! Vinyl figures and Heroclix as well, which cost about $20 each as well, without any form of video game-ness.

All of that said though, I understand peoples concerns with gameplay length, replayability and "value for money", it is a rather large amount of cash for a video game.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#118 Posted: 12:07:58 19/07/2014
I agree that acquiring figures has the 'game play' aspect as well as the collector aspect. To be honest, most figures don't do a whole lot for me from the game play aspect. Reposes and variants tend to get very very little run, and new figures are hit and miss. From the collector aspect, there is diminishing returns on trying to get them all. I don't see the point of getting a repose or variant for collector purposes unless it's a favorite of myself or the kids, certainly not at full price anyway. They won't get much play, and they'll go in the box with the legion of other characters, never to seen again. As well, the collectors experience is more fun if the figures are bought at discount or harder to find.

For the new characters, I don't think I'll be buying all of wave 1 on day 1 as I did last year. The figures are not likely to disappear too quickly, there will be sales between day 1 and Christmas, it can spread out the thrill of getting new characters, and possible leave more to get at Christmas for the kids.

As for DI2.0, we'll be getting those characters too, but I'm less enthusiastic about it. Judging from DI 1, there is less differentiation between characters, geared towards a younger demographic then my kids, less creative story plots, and less graphics and coop play. Granted, DI is on the Wii now, and will be on xbone for 2.0, so I know the graphics and coop play will change, characters sound they'll improved, but don't think the demographic and story plots will improve much.
#119 Posted: 14:49:09 20/07/2014
What do you guys think of the Dark Starter Pack? I was really hoping that they wouldn't make a special edition starter this year, so I wouldn't need to buy the game twice if I wanted all the variants. Disappointed that there's going to be one, but not really surprised. Though optimistically, I like how these Dark variants have more colour than previous ones.

I forgot about Skylanders having the toys as their own value. I've just forgotten about that feature now, so sorry for not mentioning it. I actually liked playing with the toys in SA because of how they were integrated to the story, but after Giants I pretty much just used them in the games, because the games since SA haven't had that much magic (also, because I have tons of them now). Though sometimes I still just swap the Swappers around. I like to see the best-looking combos. smilie
(And I agree with Unreall)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:37 20/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
#120 Posted: 15:31:20 20/07/2014
More variants. Whoop-De-Flippin'-Do at this point. Don't care anymore. I didn't deal with the dark edition last year. I'm not dealing with it again this time around. Plus I already have my pre-orders in and dont feel like changing them because they should have done all this at the start of allowing pre-orders. Only think I'll miss out on likely is the Kaos trap at the start of things. I suspect it'll be released on its own though later at some point.
#121 Posted: 21:40:36 20/07/2014
Like i did with Swap-Force, i'll be pre-ordering the dark starter pack, and waiting till the starter packs drop in price and there is a sale for the regular starter pack, then trading in the game disk, portal and probably two traps as well at ebgames.

With Swap-Force I got $30 back at ebgames, from a $45 purchase of the regular starter pack on sale at JB Hifi, so i was happy with the combined cost of the dark and regular starter packs, and it'll most likely be the case again.

The dark figures look good again too. I like how the Silver gradually shades into Black on Food Fight and Wildfire, rather than the usual hard likes, like on Snap Shot. they look good with their traptainum weapons staying the regular colour, i would have liked them to have maybe a "Dark Traptanium" weapon, but the regular colour still does look okay. Same with Food Fight's tomatoes.

As for DI 2.0, seeing as that is being discussed here also, sorta, i'll be getting everything again, playsets, figures, discs. I got everything from DI 1, and enjoyed it all.

This year though, judging from the availability of figures from both SSF and DI last year, i'll be buying Skylanders as soon as they are available, while Disney i'll be getting during the "in-between-skylanders-wave" times. Disney Infinity seems to be always really well stocked, at K-Mart yesterday there was every figure available, whilst the skylander section had a lot of volume, but only 4 different figures.
So i need to grab the skylanders as they come out, or else miss out, whilst DI i can wait and still be able to get what i want
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
#122 Posted: 00:10:57 21/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
This garbage is one of the reasons I continue to not start a YouTube channel despite my desire to get involved in the community on that level. I really just want Comic Con to be done and over with so we can have more info and Activision can stop being a bunch of bullies about the leaked information.

Once something is leaked on the internet... its forever on the internet. Thats just how the internet works. If Activision wants to yell at anyone, it needs to be the websites and companies that clearly can't update their sites properly without stuff getting out to the public. Trying to beat it down and sweep things under the rug leads to more ill will from your consumer base than successful suppression of the information. Respect is a two way street. The "preferential" users clearly have a much larger subscriber base, but that doesnt mean the smaller guys should get treated like dirt either here. Even the popular people started small themselves at one point. Activision has handled the whole marketing around this newest release poorly.

Agreed. Not to mention the figures come out here so late compared to the US, if I did Skylander reviews (which I'd like...) then hardly anyone might be interested, because it seems many people buy the figures the day they come out anyway. Or have got them within a month.
#123 Posted: 00:13:47 21/07/2014
you could always see how much video you could get done in the couple of days we get it before the US on release, after that though we get so far behind its not funny.
---
#124 Posted: 00:21:22 21/07/2014
^ Yeah, I'd like to do that, a kind of "HEY LOOK HERE AND YOU CAN SEE FOOTAGE OF THE COMPLETED GAME!". I couldn't do anything really polished the way I'd like to, because obviously, the first two days of release I wouldn't have beaten it and played many new Skylanders and stuff to get a grip on things. TT's power scaling will likely be hugely different from SF's, so I'll need to play fully-upgraded Skylanders for a while in order to fairly gauge them. I'm not interested in doing a typical LP on my own, because I prefer to go over the game info and share secrets and tricks I found while playing instead. Plus, I've never done one and I'd probably be awful at it. smilie Of course, I suspect there will also be street breaks for the game in the US, which deters me from doing that further. I'm just probably not going to bother filming the game because everyone in the UK/US only need to wait a week and a day/a couple of days longer. I might not even get the game at launch this time, but wait to see if anything grabs me, in which case the faster release wouldn't matter.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:06 21/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
#125 Posted: 00:23:54 21/07/2014
I'm sure certain YouTubers will get their early release of Trap Team, so they can start making videos. That way when the game officially drops they can just start uploading the videos that have already been pre-recorded.
#126 Posted: 14:07:53 21/07/2014
Quote: min8or
Quote: Unreallystic

- Unreall

to start, those numbers really make me notice how inflated Australian Prices are. $16 for a 3d movie, geezus, sign me up x.x

but that is pretty much how i work it out, but i seem to have swung the compete opposite.
I usually dissolve the price of the starter pack into the total of the figures i'll be getting, I too am a "get them all" kind of person. So each figure costs roughly $16.something, at australian prices.

to use your example, for me to go see a 3d movie is $20, for on average 2 hours of "arguable entertainment" (ha, i loved that).
i ask myself, am i getting 2 hours of enjoyable playtime out of every figure. personally i can answer "yes". and that is not taking into account the physical toy , i think i get more enjoyment out of the figures as display pieces than i do as video game accessories.
But i am a figure collector, i collect Pop! Vinyl figures and Heroclix as well, which cost about $20 each as well, without any form of video game-ness.

All of that said though, I understand peoples concerns with gameplay length, replayability and "value for money", it is a rather large amount of cash for a video game.

Yeah...Transformers was hard to call entertainment...and ouch @ $20 3D movie. I went to the only 'real' IMAX in Raleigh, NC (Marbles) and it was $14, but because I was seeing it 'early' and wanted to make sure I got tickets I ordered online where they decided to tax me an additonal $2.

I think the collector thing is hard to gauge. When I first got into Spyro's it was nearing the end of the Giant run, Drobot S2 wasn't out in the states, but could be had via eBay. I wasn't buying figures off eBay or anything either (I did end up buying Hot Dog and Zapp though), so I spent time - a lot of it with positive energy - tracking figures down. There was a joy in finding a character you hadn't seen in any other store. With SF the only thing close to that 'high' is chasing figures the day they are released at TRU or something. The chase variants were ridiculously rare this go around, and everything else is in SPADES at TRU. I can walk into TRU and buy all of the Giants figures, all of the SF figures and about 3/4 of SSA - now. Smart on activision's part, but it means being a collector is NOT about collecting, and more about 'throwing money around'. When I see my collection, I see money now, not 'the chase'. I was excited when I finally saw Jade Fire Kraken in store, then by the end of the week I noticed multiples of him in EVERY store. IT wasn't special. I have no reason to brag or show off my collection.

So, I've put more focus into the game because I know the next go around won't be any different. There won't be any figures like Wham Shell was - findable with great searching, but rare enough to be a real chase variant. And there won't be chase variants plentiful enough to be findable, but rare enough to be rare.
- Unreall
#127 Posted: 01:12:29 22/07/2014
Im not sure if its just my local area, or Australia in general, but the availability of skylanders figures is pretty limited outside the day the shelves are loaded, and even then there is never a complete wave, and only 2-3 of each of what they have. At my last visit to my local toys R us store, they had 3 different skylanders figures in store, i think the toys r us stores are different over here though, or maybe its just my local store, but they don't even have an electronic isle, let alone a department or a counter lol. when i asked the guy behind the cash register if they were getting any new figures in soon, he said they were a toy shop, not a video game shop, and the next delivery of skylanders they would be getting was "That new game with the traps". this was last month.
I don't bother with TRU anymore.

I still get that thrill when i see new figures on shelves, as i usually have to travel to two or three completely different shopping centers to find a complete wave of figures, so there is still the element of the hunt happening for me.

It really makes me jealous when i see how "common" "rare" things like Jade Fire Kraken are elsewhere.

I suppose it could be worse, i could be in New Zealand, i don't think they even have the final wave yet.
---
#128 Posted: 02:04:21 22/07/2014
^ I'm in Melbourne, and things are pretty limited here, too. Right now the only thing at my stores are wave 1/2 stuff nobody here wants, like Rip Tide, Scorp and Grilla Drilla... Maybe a Doom stone if you're lucky, and Jade Fire Kraken at Target, since he just came out.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#129 Posted: 03:35:47 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I must say, since there's nothing to talk about Tramp Team, there's plenty to say about how Activision educates their pre-18 fans on the blurring of law and big business by getting scary notices of copyright infringement from youtube. What a family friendly franchise and company!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:14 22/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#130 Posted: 03:44:01 22/07/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
^ I'm in Melbourne, and things are pretty limited here, too. Right now the only thing at my stores are wave 1/2 stuff nobody here wants, like Rip Tide, Scorp and Grilla Drilla... Maybe a Doom stone if you're lucky, and Jade Fire Kraken at Target, since he just came out.

nice to know its not just my area. i dunno if its just lack of stock, or lots of collectors, or a combination of the two.
---
#131 Posted: 07:20:40 22/07/2014
Who? Where? Of the main people, like myself, that have been what others might label as the "Negative-Naceys". We've all generally listed rather in depth posts of our reasoning and stance on it.

i come here to read what the "Negative-Naceys" had to say. but it looks like this thread have been invaded by "Positive-Naceys" now...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#132 Posted: 07:52:30 22/07/2014
We'll deal with those people in due time. Don't you worry about that.
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#133 Posted: 04:15:04 23/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i come here to read what the "Negative-Naceys" had to say. but it looks like this thread have been invaded by "Positive-Naceys" now...

I think tis thread was created to allow objective discussion without being labelled negative, also to prevent the news topic to stay on topic (do you think it worked?).

Hopefully we can use this to maturely analyse the comic con stuff without getting sucked into the hype.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#134 Posted: 12:40:01 23/07/2014
More variants. Whoop-De-Flippin'-Do at this point. Don't care anymore. I didn't deal with the dark edition last year. I'm not dealing with it again this time around. Plus I already have my pre-orders in and dont feel like changing them because they should have done all this at the start of allowing pre-orders. Only think I'll miss out on likely is the Kaos trap at the start of things. I suspect it'll be released on its own though later at some point.

[User Posted Image]

I pass on the figure-only variants, but in-game ones? Yes please...I almost always think they look better than their original counterparts.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#135 Posted: 16:29:59 23/07/2014
^ It's actually the opposite for me. I don't care about most of the variants because they, ironically, feel less special to me than the standard figures. I never thought about why, but I realised quickly now. There are several Legendary variants with the exact same colour scheme, which occasionally looks forced ( smilie does not look like an organic life form being an elf with golden skin), but Spyro and Trigger Happy and Grim Creeper and Free Ranger and Jet-Vac have unique colour schemes designed to fit them. So many of them having the same prefix makes them feel even less special to me. That's not to say some don't look better- I think Trigger Happy's Legendary scheme fits just as well as the regular and Bouncer/Bash/Chop Chop are boundlessly better than their regular counterparts, just getting into the Legendaries and not others like Granite Crusher or Gnarly Tree Rex- but the regular versions just feel right to me, because they're the original Skylander and seem more like unique characters.

Quote: ShaneK
I think tis thread was created to allow objective discussion without being labelled negative, also to prevent the news topic to stay on topic (do you think it worked?).

Hopefully we can use this to maturely analyse the comic con stuff without getting sucked into the hype.

Arc of Archives likes this *

* Especially the bolded part/s
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:27 23/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
#136 Posted: 16:48:33 23/07/2014
i must admit that the volcanic eruptor, was great. its the first variant i really liked...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#137 Posted: 01:23:00 24/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Although I expect more of the same from Activision, I'm not as impressed with the Dark Starter this year. Don't get me wrong, I love the black/grey shaded characters from last year, but this year the novelty doesn't feel the same...maybe because of the fact that they are literally everywhere this year except being just at one retailer. Also, I just don't get a bigger head Kaos trap as being special or unique---so the variant aspect has run its course with me personally. All of these parlor tricks are still forcing my hand---what about gameplay uniqueness---is what we saw a month or so ago it?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#138 Posted: 13:00:30 24/07/2014
So....the big reveal from SDCC is going to be the Dark Starter pack? That's the only thing that's being blasted out of every news site.
---
#139 Posted: 13:11:15 24/07/2014
So....the big reveal from SDCC is going to be the Dark Starter pack? That's the only thing that's being blasted out of every news site.

There HAS to be more than that. Let's hold all of our judgement till Comic Con is over.
#140 Posted: 13:35:00 24/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Agreed. It tends to be a trickle. Oh wait, stop doing that on me!
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#141 Posted: 13:35:30 24/07/2014
No the big reveal is OTACHI!!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#142 Posted: 13:38:19 24/07/2014
The big reveal is tonight 6pm Eastern
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#143 Posted: 13:39:36 24/07/2014
Quote: AzureStarline

How do you know
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#144 Posted: 13:56:53 24/07/2014

I doubt it. They aleady annouced it on FaceBook. It'll be something different.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#145 Posted: 14:59:05 24/07/2014
I'm generally unimpressed with Eon's Elite. SA nostalgia makes me want them, but the novelty would likely wear off fairly fast and I don't want another Spyro flying around. I'll see how much they sell for and decide afterward.

I'd like to go through another run of SA with them since they look cooler than the regular figures, but besides the boosted damage they only minimally affect the experience so I don't really need to.

I definitely don't like them doing triple-damage because SA's gameplay is already easy most of the time. Granted, Spyro and Chop Chop are somewhat underpowered compared to others, but they aren't really bad (and if Spyro did 90 damage a Daybringer, that wouldn't be more balanced, that would be cheap).

Overall, they seem somewhat cool to me. At the same time, it heavily feels like Acti are just trying to re-sell these Skylanders in the laziest way possible and, for most of the same reasons I generally prefer standard figures to variants, I'm tired of seeing more and more versions of old Skylanders who already have tons of variants being made.

Will they have path-switching?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:05:45 24/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
#146 Posted: 15:12:01 24/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

How do you know

http://sdccblog.com/2014/07/sk...anels-hands-on/

Comic-Con attendees can catch even more Skylanders on Thursday at the panel (Room 7AB, 6PM-7PM), where new updates about the franchise will be revealed and fans will walk away with Skylanders giveaways and swag. There will also be a costume contest during the panel, with more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to be awarded.

EDIT: I guess the 6pm could be West Coast, meaning 9pm Eastern.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:13:27 24/07/2014 by AzureStarline
#147 Posted: 15:33:05 24/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

How do you know

http://sdccblog.com/2014/07/sk...anels-hands-on/

Comic-Con attendees can catch even more Skylanders on Thursday at the panel (Room 7AB, 6PM-7PM), where new updates about the franchise will be revealed and fans will walk away with Skylanders giveaways and swag. There will also be a costume contest during the panel, with more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to be awarded.

EDIT: I guess the 6pm could be West Coast, meaning 9pm Eastern.

Technically, according to the SB&G Facebook, the info is revealed at 7 PM PST (10 PM for me)
#148 Posted: 16:06:05 24/07/2014
That makes sense, actually. If the panel is 6-7pm San Diego time, then the embargo on info lifts when it ends at 7, or 10pm Eastern.

EDIT: just found this pic on twitter

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:20 24/07/2014 by AzureStarline
#149 Posted: 18:49:19 24/07/2014
So with all the new videos coming out, especially from Skylander Boy and Girl , Coin-Op TV, etc. I've noticed one thing. The videos with the villains... There isnt a timer showing anymore. This might be nothing, this might mean something? Also the one quick video showing two villains out on the screen at once. Curious to what is going on with that. Very interested in where things are going and what gets revealed tonight.
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#150 Posted: 21:02:57 24/07/2014
^
I noticed that too, but I also didn't see a health bar for the regular skylanders either.

Not sure why they are taking the HUD out of the demo videos, seems a bit weird.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me