darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 24 of 25 | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#1151 Posted: 07:23:18 03/10/2014
Do we know if there's any other villain variants?
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#1152 Posted: 08:56:40 03/10/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
Despite the negative aspect of the reviews, the games still getting higher marks than Infinity 2.0 did, which people said wouldn't happen.

I wonder if I should quote the good stuff from those reviews, to balance out the bad stuff?

i know the good stuff and everyone else do too by now... i'm only interested in reading what they f**ed up... so if i buy it, then i know what i am getting into. it just save you from a lot of irritating moments...

by the way i read that the game with its 18 levels is a 10 hours playthrough... so people can finish it in one day.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
AusLander Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1153 Posted: 10:35:44 03/10/2014
Read my post(s) in the bug forum. The PC versio of SSA was less glitchy
#1154 Posted: 12:11:21 03/10/2014
its been revealed that this game that would cost me 250-300 dollar is broken...

so far these these patches have been reported....

xbone - 343mb patch bug fix
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108546

ps3 - 20mb patch bug fix
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108545

i was on the fence for a long time. but i have now decide to quit the skylanders, i'm not paying 250-300 dollar for a broken game. 10 years down the line this game will not work properly when you cant get the patches anymore, so its forever broken... im finally done, period.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:23 03/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#1155 Posted: 12:21:25 03/10/2014
You could play the wii version no patch required
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#1156 Posted: 12:24:00 03/10/2014
Quote: mantez

its full stop im not gonna spend money on unfinished broken game that is as costly as skylanders.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#1157 Posted: 12:30:28 03/10/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

its full stop im not gonna spend money on unfinished broken game that is as costly as skylanders.

You're going way overboard. The game IS finished and NOT broken. The patch will fix it and everything will be fine.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1158 Posted: 12:35:48 03/10/2014
You know given that, to unlock everything, you need to spend about $100 (adventure packs) + $105 (trap masters of each element) and the game itself costs $75, not to mention trap costs...yeah it's kinda understandable to be miffed. Not everyone has internet, so a patch band-aid that has to come out on day one burns a lot harder when you realize you've gotta drop almost $300 into this game to experience it all, and not even be able to get said patch.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:37:27 03/10/2014 by Kung Fu Man
#1159 Posted: 12:39:38 03/10/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

You're going way overboard. The game IS finished and NOT broken. The patch will fix it and everything will be fine.

you dont get it, the patch is not on the disc, the game that is on the disc is forever broken... one day you will not be able to download that patch fix...

also another thing this will cause a serious huge dent in the value of the game later. nobody want to buy and collect a game that dont work years later...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1160 Posted: 12:47:53 03/10/2014
Ugh, is this bug on Wii U?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
checkerchairs Blue Sparx Gems: 695
#1161 Posted: 12:52:13 03/10/2014
No, I don't think it will be on Wii U. As far as I know, the Wii versions of the game are far more polished.
#1162 Posted: 12:54:38 03/10/2014
Then I'm good.

Also, they'll likely fix the bug in later releases. Moneybone is acting like they won't and don't care.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:07 03/10/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
#1163 Posted: 12:55:05 03/10/2014
Quote: checkerchairs
No, I don't think it will be on Wii U. As far as I know, the Wii versions of the game are far more polished.

have you download a patch for the wiiu version??..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#1164 Posted: 12:55:57 03/10/2014

Yeah the wii has been taken to a new level on this game
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1165 Posted: 13:44:41 03/10/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

Yeah the wii has been taken to a new level on this game

if you have download a patch then it can be polish of course. but answer me my question first...have you download a patch or not?... if no patch then do a playthrough of the 10 hour story, and let me know if it still is as polished you claim when you complete it...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:28 03/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#1166 Posted: 13:48:15 03/10/2014
The wii version is the buggiest of them all (normal wii, wii u has some bugs though)
#1167 Posted: 13:53:22 03/10/2014
Quote: AusLander
The wii version is the buggiest of them all (normal wii, wii u has some bugs though)

...and people said because of tfb the old wii version is gonna be way better than beenox last year version. i guess this is the reason why they included the digital free wiiu version.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:54:29 03/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#1168 Posted: 13:57:29 03/10/2014
I actually had no problems with swap force on wii..was there supposed to be lots of bugs ?
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1169 Posted: 13:59:50 03/10/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple
@Unreallystic Is that the total count for day 1 trap releases at TRU? 20? Or is that just your count? I haven't added them up yet, but I'll probably get 1 of each released cause of the sale, plus the 1 life trap at Target. This is getting expensive... lol! Though I've already planned to go with a friend so that if we end up with uneven numbers we can combine and split the savings. ie, we're each getting a dark edition so it'll be 25% off for each of us, and 1 adventure pack for each, and such.

That's my count.

And reading about a patch to correct bugs? I like hearing that...very much...
-Unreall
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1170 Posted: 14:00:06 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator

you dont get it, the patch is not on the disc, the game that is on the disc is forever broken... one day you will not be able to download that patch fix...

also another thing this will cause a serious huge dent in the value of the game later. nobody want to buy and collect a game that dont work years later...

Oh, so it appears that Activision HAS DECIDED to issue patches...good for them...otherwise they may as well hang up the franchise.

CountMoneyBone, it "might" be possible that Activision would issue a "patched" disc. I think it's worth it to call Activision and see. But yeah, I get your point big time.

With each release, it gets buggier and costs more. It almost looks like Activision wants to bury the franchise to me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:02:56 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1171 Posted: 14:00:39 03/10/2014

Quote:
Players in co-op share treasure now, so there’s no reason to compete over it. It’s a small change, but it makes the two-player experience far less competitive and allows players of different skill levels to progress at the same pace with regard to upgrades. Unfortunately, the upgrade system still forces you to exit the upgrade interface after each individual purchase. That minor inconvenience adds up over time, and there’s a similar fussiness with swapping villains in and out of the traps.

What is ridiculous about the upgrade screen thing, is that VV actually fixed the inconvenience of having to re-enter the system in Swap Force, where after you bought an upgrade, instead of automatically exiting, it would take you right back to the upgrade screen where you could instantly buy another. Why in the world did TfB not implement this, and instead, take a step backward to SA and Giants? That is plain ridiculous...

I actually had no problems with swap force on wii..was there supposed to be lots of bugs ?

There are actually a lot of people (including me) that had some problems with Swap Force on the Wii, including game freezing, and some other annoying glitches like not being able to open the Spark Lock chest in Woodburrow.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:56 03/10/2014 by Sboy13
#1172 Posted: 14:04:13 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
^TfB is "proud". Their way or the highway.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#1173 Posted: 14:04:33 03/10/2014
It's multiple companies making one franchise, that never turns out well.
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#1174 Posted: 14:09:59 03/10/2014
My 360 version had no issues whatsoever
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#1175 Posted: 14:25:19 03/10/2014
So wait.... the game is buggy... unless you download a patch. Downloading a patch requires an internet connection. So if you dont have a internet connection you are stuck with a buggy game. So basically internet is being forced because of shoddy work in debugging prior to the game getting put into print. But the game dropped all elements that would have taken advantage of the fact its pretty much forced to connect to the internet.

I'm going to go off and laugh in my corner now. As I count out the money that might have gone to Skylanders, that will be getting me the PS4 this year now instead.
#1176 Posted: 14:26:19 03/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Oh, so it appears that Activision HAS DECIDED to issue patches...good for them...otherwise they may as well hang up the franchise.

CountMoneyBone, it "might" be possible that Activision would issue a "patched" disc. I think it's worth it to call Activision and see. But yeah, I get your point big time.

With each release, it gets buggier and costs more. It almost looks like Activision wants to bury the franchise to me.

i was on the fence for a long time, but i have made up my mind now. i will skip trap team this year. but there is always next year and new opportunities... and a hope for the better.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1177 Posted: 14:26:46 03/10/2014

Here's my full look at the tablet edition running on an iPad 3, without a portal, figures or traps.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:10 03/10/2014 by wideawakewesley
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1178 Posted: 14:34:55 03/10/2014
So... Let me understand...

You ALL (or almost) wanted online functionalities, and now that a bit of connection is required, you suddendly have a slow or non-existent Internet...?

The game is buggy? Yes.
There is a patch system to solve those bugs? Yes.
So, the problem doesn't exist, in the end.

I'm sorry if you don't have a stable connection, but it's not TfB nor Activision fault.
Things like these happens.

Count, the game doesn't cost 300/400$... The GAME costs around 75$.

Please, try to not act like a misinformed person, like the ones that live around me (parents, family, friends)...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#1179 Posted: 14:41:33 03/10/2014
@wideawakewesley

thanks for the short review of the tablet version... it looks like you can buy it for the cheap and just add all your skylanders codes and every skylanders is instant.

now i wonder... can you add any controller to it?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:44:21 03/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#1180 Posted: 14:41:53 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
No, folks are calling out the previous idiotic comments about how Activision doesn't want to introduce internet capable capabilities for various reasons, yet ironically has to HAVE ONE in order for a customer to have a baseline good experience with the game. It's tragic and hilarious at the same time.
---
#1181 Posted: 14:43:54 03/10/2014
No, folks are calling out the previous idiotic comments about how Activision doesn't want to introduce internet capable capabilities for various reasons, yet ironically has to HAVE ONE in order for a customer to have a baseline good experience with the game. It's tragic and hilarious at the same time.

what bit of connection is he talking about?... is it the daily bonus features?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1182 Posted: 14:47:09 03/10/2014
Quote: Drek95
So... Let me understand...

You ALL (or almost) wanted online functionalities, and now that a bit of connection is required, you suddendly have a slow or non-existent Internet...?

The game is buggy? Yes.
There is a patch system to solve those bugs? Yes.
So, the problem doesn't exist, in the end.

I'm sorry if you don't have a stable connection, but it's not TfB nor Activision fault.
Things like these happens.

Count, the game doesn't cost 300/400$... The GAME costs around 75$.

Please, try to not act like a misinformed person, like the ones that live around me (parents, family, friends)...

if you want to experience the full game it will cost you around 250-300 dollars... traps,adventure packs/action packs, 8 trap masters etc etc... looks like your the one that is misinformed.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1183 Posted: 14:48:41 03/10/2014
I hope those who are swearing off the franchise find other games/systems that they can enjoy in the future.

All things considered, today is a great day to be a gamer. There's such a wide variety of games from all genres coming out across five consoles, PC and handheld (Smash 3DS in my pocket right now), that folks should really spend more time enjoying the games they like vs. harping on games they don't.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1184 Posted: 14:50:25 03/10/2014
Drek you can take your logic and go home...it's clearly not welcome here.../sarcasm.

Wow what happened? I think some of us need to switch to de-caf. Guys come on the industry is moving to more titles being supported through patches as a whole. This isn't new. All major developers have been doing this for a while and a lot of them are developing more and more "internet connection required" to play, even in single player mode. Fundamentally I agree with you that it sucks for some. Practically, it's the way the wind is blowing and has been blowing for some time. I read something last week (I think it was for D.I. 2.0 talking about digital only characters) and both Sony and Microsoft are reporting online penetration for their systems (I think PS4 and Xbox One) in the 90-95% range. That means at worst developers would lose less than 10% of people that own their systems. They can deal with that. Frankly the ability to patch a title has saved gaming over the decades. Games are about 1000 times more complicated than they were in the Intellivision and Atari days. They can't be expected to be perfect all the time and online patching is the most practical answer. My heart does go out to those that can't do anything about their online set up.

@ Moneybone

Dude I get the "I'm done because this game costs too much $$$" but to quit because of the game needing a patch day one is a little cra cra. Almost EVERY AAA title has a day one patch...it's kind of a thing in the industry. Frankly I'm glad to see developers giving a crap about finishing/correcting issues with their games. Granted they need to if they want continued support but still it's taken care of. If you want to leave for other reasons I get that too but don't leave because of a patch.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:44 03/10/2014 by Tigorus
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1185 Posted: 14:59:04 03/10/2014
Quote: Sboy13

Quote:
Players in co-op share treasure now, so there’s no reason to compete over it. It’s a small change, but it makes the two-player experience far less competitive and allows players of different skill levels to progress at the same pace with regard to upgrades. Unfortunately, the upgrade system still forces you to exit the upgrade interface after each individual purchase. That minor inconvenience adds up over time, and there’s a similar fussiness with swapping villains in and out of the traps.

What is ridiculous about the upgrade screen thing, is that VV actually fixed the inconvenience of having to re-enter the system in Swap Force, where after you bought an upgrade, instead of automatically exiting, it would take you right back to the upgrade screen where you could instantly buy another. Why in the world did TfB not implement this, and instead, take a step backward to SA and Giants? That is plain ridiculous...

There are actually a lot of people (including me) that had some problems with Swap Force on the Wii, including game freezing, and some other annoying glitches like not being able to open the Spark Lock chest in Woodburrow.

The Day 1 patch thing isn't cause for alarm, for me it sounds good. They have finally decided that patches are good rather than just leaving things broken, there were some significant bugs in SSA which were never fixed (like LRod's Heroic and a few others). Complexity of games has reached a point where even the best testing will miss something. If they are committed to finally fixing things, then good I say. For future reprintings of the disk, they will likely include the patched version. At least patching is painless these days, and if at some point they take the patch down, it is likely they have taken the whole infrastructure for that system down - and that's going to be more headaches than getting a bug patch. It's a pretty stupid complaint among everything else.

Don't forget that there are many previous other big games that were broken. Skyward Sword had a game breaking, save killing bug. Pokemon X/Y did too as I recall. And some others.

Now as far as the "downgrades" TfB made (like convenience things), as a developer this mentality really annoys me. I've rolled onto many projects over time and it appears what TfB is doing is pretty pathetic, but all too common. When a developer shuns improvements to their code because of their "vision" or simply not like it if it wasn't their idea it means they either need to be removed from the project or get a serious conversation from the stakeholders. I've seen way too many reports of TfB doing this crap, all the way back to them stating that they didn't like jumping and would have removed it if they could have. VV did a lot of things TfB should have done, and prior to Swap Force it could be blamed on them just not getting to it yet. Now we know they willfully want some stuff inconvenient.
#1186 Posted: 15:01:58 03/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I hope those who are swearing off the franchise find other games/systems that they can enjoy in the future.

All things considered, today is a great day to be a gamer. There's such a wide variety of games from all genres coming out across five consoles, PC and handheld (Smash 3DS in my pocket right now), that folks should really spend more time enjoying the games they like vs. harping on games they don't.

The sad thing is, I love the franchise. I dont want to swear off it. Some of this stuff however is just so ridiculous that its sad.

The secret character stuff. This internet patch thing. Dozens of other reasons I have beat into the ground ten times over by now in the speculation thread and other threads in the forum.

Its just a crying shame that Activision is going in a downward spiral with yet another franchise. I see the writing on the wall ala Guitar Hero all over again. I really do hope those that are able to enjoy it, can continue to enjoy it with their rose colored glasses. The eyes of a child. Most of them will be the younger crowd that havent seen this kinda thing over and over again, behind the scenes. They just focus on the game itself and avoid all the inner workings that go on behind the curtain. They dont look beyond the here and now, they are young enough to not have to worry about things in the future like other people.

Quote: Tigorus
Drek you can take your logic and go home...it's clearly not welcome here.../sarcasm.

Wow what happened? I think some of us need to switch to de-caf. Guys come on the industry is moving to more titles being supported through patches as a whole. This isn't new. All major developers have been doing this for a while and a lot of them are developing more and more "internet connection required" to play, even in single player mode. Fundamentally I agree with you that it sucks for some. Practically, it's the way the wind is blowing and has been blowing for some time. I read something last week (I think it was for D.I. 2.0 talking about digital only characters) and both Sony and Microsoft are reporting online penetration for their systems (I think PS4 and Xbox One) in the 90-95% range. That means at worst developers would lose less than 10% of people that own their systems. They can deal with that. Frankly the ability to patch a title has saved gaming over the decades. Games are about 1000 times more complicated than they were in the Intellivision and Atari days. They can't be expected to be perfect all the time and online patching is the most practical answer. My heart does go out to those that can't do anything about their online set up.

We get that. Thats where the irony comes in. They pulled the PVP. They didnt connect anything else. Activision removed all aspects of taking advantage of using the internet for playing with others via the online connection. In the end, the game is broken if you dont have a internet connection right now. And those that do, are dumbfounded. As for DI. They are still making physical figures, but they will require you to get a patch to allow you to use them. This is how Activision should have done the "secret" characters.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1187 Posted: 15:03:02 03/10/2014
Quote: defpally
Don't forget that there are many previous other big games that were broken. Skyward Sword had a game breaking, save killing bug. Pokemon X/Y did too as I recall. And some others.

I downloaded the day-zero patch for Smash Bros. 3DS while waiting in line to buy it. ;)
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1188 Posted: 15:03:49 03/10/2014
I'm relieved they finally have a patch system in place. Skylanders must have been one of the few games released in the last few years that never got patches. As someone who works in testing, I found that very bizarre. Every game ever released contains bugs, if a major one slips through the cracks and you have no patching mechanism, that's a sure fire way to alienate your customers.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#1189 Posted: 15:05:10 03/10/2014
@Tigorus

that is a huge problem with game developers/publishers today. they never bother to properly test or finish the games. but with that said i can live with it, if the game is a one time cost of 10-40, and i have no intention to keep it or collect it. i just resell it and get some of my money back. but we talk about a game here that cost 250-300, that also is a collector item with its figures and stuff. this is more serious, the game have been reported to have serious game breaking bugs that even corrupt your skylanders too. so you can just think ahead of how much value and replayability this game will have when the patches are gone. i dont find this acceptable at all...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#1190 Posted: 15:05:47 03/10/2014
@ Moneybone

Dude I get the "I'm done because this game costs too much $$$" but to quit because of the game needing a patch day one is a little cra cra. Almost EVERY AAA title has a day one patch...it's kind of a thing in the industry. Frankly I'm glad to see developers giving a crap about finishing/correcting issues with their games. Granted they need to if they want continued support but still it's taken care of. If you want to leave for other reasons I get that too but don't leave because of a patch.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Most games that come out nowadays have at least some sort of Day 1 patch. I just bought Persona 4 Arena Ultimax the other day, actually, and it had an annoyingly large patch, but I still consider it to be a brilliant game.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1191 Posted: 15:10:50 03/10/2014
@ Gotham

Dude I totally get that too and agree that TFB/Acti F'ed up big time by taking out pvp. I was fearful of this back when they only had one trap slot for a two player supported game. Would it really have been that hard to incorporate a second slot...I doubt it. This franchise should have online functionality. They are just being lazy, it's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with safety. Blizzard's new card game, Hearthstone, has no chat, no voice chat and some pre-selected phrases that your character can congrat/insult/taunt the other player with. That's just one simple example of what they could do for Skylanders but are too lazy to do so. The point of where I was coming from though was that it's kind of futile in this day and age to get upset with a day one patch. To be honest I'm fairly certain there will be more patches for Trap Team. It's unfortunate but that just the way it is. They introduced new tech and patches are the fallout. Car/Electronic/Toy/Food, etc. all have recalls from time to time. The video game industry has patches....we are the lucky ones.

@ MoneyBone

The corrupt toy thing does suck but I've only ever experienced that in Giants and if it's now happening in Trap Team it seems like the problem is with T.F.B. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about the patching. There are issues that might not come up in testing. Again fundamentally I agree with you that it sucks but it's been happening with ALL major (some minor) developers for well over a decade and I don't see it going away.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:37:18 03/10/2014 by Tigorus
#1192 Posted: 15:17:38 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob

I agree...ton of new games coming out. Eyeing PS4 and wondering what will give. I can easily give up half the figures in this game to get m PS4 and I'll have no problem doing it.
---
#1193 Posted: 15:18:49 03/10/2014
Honestly, while I am VERY hyped for the game. Watching the play-through of the Skylanderkids, I have noticed things in the game that will bug me, namely the Story Scrolls, now they're just Meditations on BOOM. I love Flynn, but give him the Hugo treatment for at least one game, I mean my God they're over using him more than Eruptor.

Have you seen the interviews with the developers?, they seem like awesome, kind, good people but they're clearly ignorant of what fans want, which is a bigger focus on the game and less on the toys. VV made some good decisions when it came to updating the game, like the upgrade selection screen and jumping, if they got rid of jumping, I honestly probably wouldn't buy Trap Team. I will say this, I can't help but that TfB wants to do more, but Acti is holding them down not wanting to take a risk at the loss of interest.
---
#1194 Posted: 15:19:59 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm excited to play this game, but I'm not under the franchise's spell like previous years. Cherry Picking is my new mantra. Will be waiting to see how buggy this game really is though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:32 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
#1195 Posted: 15:27:37 03/10/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
I'm relieved they finally have a patch system in place. Skylanders must have been one of the few games released in the last few years that never got patches. As someone who works in testing, I found that very bizarre. Every game ever released contains bugs, if a major one slips through the cracks and you have no patching mechanism, that's a sure fire way to alienate your customers.

everyone can live with a little bug or two as long its not game breaking... the 3 skylanders game that have been released was fine at least on the ps3. no need for a patch at all and i have played them to death so i know what im talking about...

what i find more disturbing than anything else. is that developers year after year, is getting more and more careless. they dont bother to test the games properly, and deliver a functional game on day one. games are being treated as a fast food product and the customers used as beta testers. while the game prices sky rocket... i find it very strange that anyone can be relieved by this. with the costly price range at 250-300 to experience the full skylanders game, i gotta be honest, i feel quite offended when i get delivered a broken product. i am a person that like to go back and play my games again. so knowing i cant play the trap team game 10 years from now, because i cant get the patches is a totally bummer. so i am not gonna buy it.. its that simple.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1196 Posted: 15:31:54 03/10/2014
@ Gotham

Dude I totally get that too and agree that TFB/Acti F'ed big time by taking out pvp. I was fearful of this back when they only had one trap slot for a two player supported game. Would it really have been that hard to incorporate a second slot...I doubt it. This franchise should have online functionality. They are just being lazy, it's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with safety. Blizzard's new card game, Hearthstone, has no chat, no voice chat and some pre-selected phrases that your character can congrat/insult/taunt the other player with. That's just one simple example of what they could do for Skylanders but are too lazy to do so. The point of where I was coming from though was that it's kind of futile in this day and age to get upset with a day one patch. To be honest I'm fairly certain there will be more patches for Trap Team. It's unfortunate but that just the way it is. They introduced new tech and patches are the fallout. Car/Electronic/Toy/Food, etc. all have recalls from time to time. The video game industry has patches....we are the lucky ones.

I fully support the ideas of patches. As said, my issue comes from Activision's clear hypocrisy regarding the internet and the game at this point. A minor bug fix a few weeks from now would be one thing. Day 1 patching? Comon'. Activision wants to spit in the face of the online movement with gameplay but clearly cant get their game to run without being online. Priceless.
#1197 Posted: 15:32:23 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
It may be a simple case of math. If you had to support 260+ characters in a game, this is the result.
---
#1198 Posted: 15:36:52 03/10/2014
Or.... Or.... Make your game to work online with all the online elements like it should have. And you can support the old characters via a download patch for each of the last three games you've played that have the information of all those characters. It gives more room on the new game for actual new content and we can still access the old figures data.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:12 03/10/2014 by GothamLord
#1199 Posted: 15:47:05 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I like the idea of supporting "on the fly" character development that could be delivered online...that way folks can't "cheat" and see which character might be upcoming in a few months. If the game had more depth and we had some much more needed space between games, they could continually build additional "adventure packs" or characters or other content to keep us rocking.

Imagine putting a character on and it spawns an immediate download process of that character's required resources.

I guess that's a dream.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:53 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
#1200 Posted: 15:50:27 03/10/2014
I like the idea of supporting "on the fly" character development that could be delivered online...that way folks can't "cheat" and see which character might be upcoming in a few months. If the game had more depth and we had some much more needed space between games, they could continually build additional "adventure packs" or characters or other content to keep us rocking.

Imagine putting a character on and it spawns an immediate download process of that character's required resources.

I guess that's a dream.

[User Posted Image]

Sorry. Couldnt help myself. At least one company gets it. If we're lucky Activision will learn next year, and I can be a mindless sheep again to their toy producing machine..
First | Previous | Page 24 of 25 | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me