darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Page 2 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#51 Posted: 07:53:05 11/07/2014
Quote: Qcumber
Basically: Disney are going to have a hard time keeping their hype up if they have nothing to reveal, and Activision reveal their game-changer.

If you're right, next year will have both companies being really cagey right up until release.

I think this has happened with smart phone releases, and makes sense as new categories get older.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#52 Posted: 09:42:35 11/07/2014
Some news from a german fanpage based on several retailer informations:

- one Adventure Pack with wave 1, maybe a second with wave 2 (all in all again 4 like SSA?)
- no Battle Packs
- two core Skylanders tripple packs with wave 1
- Trap tripple packs with wave 1 (probably two)
- sidekick double packs with wave 1
- no lightcore characters
- no Trap Master double packs

But all without a source, therefore without engagement. Four adventure packs would be awesome.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:43:50 11/07/2014 by Jeriba
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#53 Posted: 10:12:09 11/07/2014
Quote: Jeriba
- Sidekick double packs with Wave 1

Maybe the "game-changer" has something to do with Sidekicks. There was a Spyro Sidekick in "The Discovery", Barkley in the 3DS Starter Pack, and now (although unsourced, but I've started to believe certain rumors since a PKMN X/Y leak) Sidekick Double Packs. I hope it has something to do with Sidekicks, because I've never used smilie since I got him, and smilie is one of my favorite Skylanders.

Theory: They'll act like smilie's babies, and attack enemies. Although that's not much of a game-changer, it might be part of it.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#54 Posted: 12:54:14 11/07/2014
Quote: ShaneK
^
That's an excellent point about upgrades, and has just got me thinking about future developments.

If Actavision wants to follow suit with more complex upgrade paths they may need to increase the storage on the toys, or at least change the format.

They could do this and maintain compatibility with older toys, but have two separate upgrade mechanisms. If you wanted your Stealth Elf to use the newer upgrade format you would need to buy the latest repose. This may be how we see the old figures discontinued; first they make them less exciting and then people won't care about them - in fact they could always maintain support but they would be legacy type characters.

I'm not sure if a change like this would be good or bad, what do you guys think?

Alternatively they could use the available memory on the current toys but reformat the data, meaning you couldn't use the same save data in the older games.

They could and should, but won't.

They are being super stubborn and not listening to fans. Their comments about sticking with an age group and not worrying about older fans was al the proof I needed to know that. The cries for things like online that have been largely ignored is more evidence. The reposes shoved down our throats that just sit there and take up valuable retail space until they are practically given away as a 'pre-order bonus'.

They are just being very stubborn. But 'pssh'.

With what they've done in DI2.0 with a skill tree, it actually makes sense to own multiple characters. I've already planned to buy two hulks and paint one of them 'red' or 'grey'. While I'm not asking for them to steal the skill tree idea, more layers of individualizing a character would go a long way towards spending money on reposes and variants. I mean I look at my Swapper collection - outside of the metallic variants, and red Magna Charge - I have all the released swaps and variants. And I'm thinking about selling half of them - I pick a different path *just because*, but there is no real difference. The Legendaries might have slightly different stats, but not enough to make it a different play experience.

I would be TOTALLY behind a real 'upgrade' to figures that allows for more flexibility. THAT would get me to look at reposes and variants again.
- Unreall
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#55 Posted: 14:27:47 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator

- one Adventure Pack with wave 1, maybe a second with wave 2 (all in all again 4 like SSA?)
- no Battle Packs

But all without a source, therefore without engagement. Four adventure packs would be awesome.

Actually if you have a link with source, this would be better suited in the "All we know thread".

If all of this is true I'd say marketing finally woke up on a number of fronts, which bodes well. Lightcores and Battle Backs were weak, and looks like they're giving a reason to buy triples again if the cores are all NEW characters and not reposes.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:18 11/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#56 Posted: 15:35:49 11/07/2014
I also wish that leveling up a character meant more than it currently does. Tying the move upgrades to money has cheapened the traditional RPG level up process. Leveling up and only getting a small bump in HP is anticlimactic in my opinion.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#57 Posted: 16:53:55 11/07/2014
Yikes, STT gets snubbed in the nominations for e3 awards

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/nominees.html

another sign that skylanders are on a downhill race.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:55:09 11/07/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#58 Posted: 19:06:25 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Yikes, STT gets snubbed in the nominations for e3 awards

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/nominees.html

another sign that skylanders are on a downhill race.

I'm not sure I would entirely base the FRANCHISE on the ability to impress an eclectic in crowd at a trade show. It's like saying you refuse to like a movie unless it gets an Oscar showing. I expect more critical thinking than this.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:06 11/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#59 Posted: 21:52:06 11/07/2014

- no Battle Packs

Do no battle packs mean no arena/survival modes? I hope not, those are actually my favorite to play because levels are too long and I prefer bashing bad guys to moving around stones.
Although I could have totally missed info about arena/survival in STT if it was announced.
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#60 Posted: 22:13:47 11/07/2014
Quote: stealth

- no Battle Packs

Do no battle packs mean no arena/survival modes? I hope not, those are actually my favorite to play because levels are too long and I prefer bashing bad guys to moving around stones.
Although I could have totally missed info about arena/survival in STT if it was announced.

Uh... Spyros Adventure had Battle Mode with no Battle Packs. That is a rather insane assumption.
#61 Posted: 22:19:04 11/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

- no Battle Packs

Uh... Spyros Adventure had Battle Mode with no Battle Packs. That is a rather insane assumption.

I'm new to the series, I haven't played SSA yet, my apologies.
#62 Posted: 22:34:25 11/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

I'm new to the series, I haven't played SSA yet, my apologies.

It's ok! Happens to the best of us.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#63 Posted: 11:55:50 12/07/2014
Oh my God! this negativity is pissing me off!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#64 Posted: 12:19:23 12/07/2014
Its a shame that is a photoshopped image. I'd wish Disney would throw down the gauntlet in something blatant like that. Might get Activision to stop resting on their laurels and starting marketing this franchise release more seriously.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#65 Posted: 12:37:49 12/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

If all of this is true I'd say marketing finally woke up on a number of fronts, which bodes well. Lightcores and Battle Backs were weak, and looks like they're giving a reason to buy triples again if the cores are all NEW characters and not reposes.

Although things may appear obvious to us, based on our opinions and what non-scientific/statiscally relevant polls we apply form others on this board or what we see on store shelves, it important to remember that Activision actually has the sales data and much more valid polls to rely upon before making their decisions. Instead of marketing 'waking up', it is much more likely that the general public finally started having the same opinions as you.
#66 Posted: 14:32:09 12/07/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Oh my God! this negativity is pissing me off!

Same here! Seriously, it's a kids game about toys you play as in a magical world of floating pieces of land. It's not that deep. It's just a game/toy franchise. If you don't like it, there is a perfectly good DI forum over there.
#67 Posted: 14:40:26 12/07/2014
Or... people can learn the difference between being negative and simply whining versus attempting to discuss concerning elements to the franchise. If its just a kids game, why are you getting pissed off about other people's options? Nor does concern about one game mean people want to run over to another one.

Also given this is the speculation thread, if you dont like it, dont read it. Plenty of other pointless nonsensical threads in the forum. Because ya' know... its a kids game. So thats all we should have threads about.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:08 12/07/2014 by GothamLord
#68 Posted: 14:56:32 12/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Or... people can learn the difference between being negative and simply whining versus attempting to discuss concerning elements to the franchise. If its just a kids game, why are you getting pissed off about other people's options? Nor does concern about one game mean people want to run over to another one.

Also given this is the speculation thread, if you dont like it, dont read it. Plenty of other pointless nonsensical threads in the forum. Because ya' know... its a kids game. So thats all we should have threads about.

Sorry, I just feel that people are over reacting with saying "Skylanders is going down hill".
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#69 Posted: 15:14:13 12/07/2014

Sorry, I just feel that people are over reacting with saying "Skylanders is going down hill".

i dont think people are over reacting. activision haven't been like this before and we have had 3 games by now. suddenly they keep shut, also now there is talk about going digital... something is serious wrong.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#70 Posted: 15:32:36 12/07/2014

Here's the thing though, the game is at that tipping point. There are a number of things Activision needs to do to maintain their position. Some of them they clearly arent doing. Some of them they still have the time to fix, however we're so in the dark because Activision wants to be all super secret this time around its possible to end up working against them. Activision needs to stop worrying about pumping out 50+ little pieces of plastic a year, and focus on the flipping games themselves. They need to listen to the fanbase more on things like online. It really took four games to get every character jumping for the console version? They let us play villains. They push the concept of villains. Then they dangle information about a short timer limit and go silent. ITS BAD BUSINESS. They should have learned from Guitar Hero. This however is making far more that Guitar Hero ever did. Money seems to have this way of blinding big business.

I certainly don't want the series to go downhill. I don't think anyone that's actually posting here wants it to. If people didnt care they'd just walk away. I want the franchise to stay strong. I dont want to go to the competition because I dont care for the builder aspects. I want my dungeon crawler/platformer. However I am an adult. Call me jaded and cynical if you want. I have things like bills to worry about. I have limited time for things like gaming. At some point I need to make a decision about where said money is going for my hobbies.
#71 Posted: 17:38:52 12/07/2014

Here's the thing though, the game is at that tipping point. There are a number of things Activision needs to do to maintain their position. Some of them they clearly arent doing. Some of them they still have the time to fix, however we're so in the dark because Activision wants to be all super secret this time around its possible to end up working against them. Activision needs to stop worrying about pumping out 50+ little pieces of plastic a year, and focus on the flipping games themselves. They need to listen to the fanbase more on things like online. It really took four games to get every character jumping for the console version? They let us play villains. They push the concept of villains. Then they dangle information about a short timer limit and go silent. ITS BAD BUSINESS. They should have learned from Guitar Hero. This however is making far more that Guitar Hero ever did. Money seems to have this way of blinding big business.

I certainly don't want the series to go downhill. I don't think anyone that's actually posting here wants it to. If people didnt care they'd just walk away. I want the franchise to stay strong. I dont want to go to the competition because I dont care for the builder aspects. I want my dungeon crawler/platformer. However I am an adult. Call me jaded and cynical if you want. I have things like bills to worry about. I have limited time for things like gaming. At some point I need to make a decision about where said money is going for my hobbies.

(Sigh). Your right. Acti has always been adamant when it comes to changing things up. There are things they need to fix. I want to see the series stay strong, it has SO MUCH POTENTIAL; It needs a cartoon, online and less focus on the toys. I'm still gonna get the game (Though it might by my last one, for now at least)
---
#72 Posted: 17:43:02 12/07/2014

(Sigh). Your right. Acti has always been adamant when it comes to changing things up. There are things they need to fix. I want to see the series stay strong, it has SO MUCH POTENTIAL; It needs a cartoon, online and less focus on the toys. I'm still gonna get the game (Though it might by my last one, for now at least)

who dont want the series to stay strong, skylanders are awesome. but by the look of things activision is more into easy cashin than doing it proper... and that is a big let down. its hard to be positive when things just goes in the wrong direction.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#73 Posted: 20:34:42 12/07/2014
Saying this here because it would derail any other topic: the latest news leak will not magically shut me up over the concerns I have for this game. I'm glad that we finally found some news, but this was just character reveals and a couple of adventure packs and I already went over why I don't care about the character reveals nearly as much as I used to. Hope there are more APs and this isn't like SF where we just got two and one was out at launch, pretty much defeating the purpose of them extending the excitement for the game.

I like Head Rush the best. She doesn't look like the other generic elves such as Stealth Elf and Flameslinger. It's especially good to see a girl like this represented as a Skylander.

I remember one of the oldest concepts for Wreck-it Ralph had him as a red monster with spiked fists like Fist Bump- I hope we get a red Fist Bump variant so that I can nickname him Ralph.

Lob Star is a good pun. Blades is less serious-looking than I was hoping for and sadly doesn't look like a girl but looks different from the other dragons with all their armour and the bottom teeth being prominent rather than the top ones. I like that because I'm tired of all the dragons in general and they should at least try to make them look different from one another.

Also, another Jet-Vac repose... And this one just seems horrible aesthetically. *sigh* You guys excited for Whirlwind to be confirmed as the other Air repose? I'm betting on her, or Pop Thorn or Scratch if we're lucky. I want Warnado to get a Wow Pow. I'm glad that the Fire repose is Fryno, though, because he needed it. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope that the other Fire repose is Hot Dog so that we can have a game where Eruptor doesn't get two new variants.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:35 12/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
#74 Posted: 22:31:28 12/07/2014
Welp, since the last time I posted here, we have certainly had a rather large reveal. Amazing what can happen just running to the grocery store. I'm not satisfied but this is at least better than nothing. Sadly its still just a bunch more characters, rather than any details about the game itself and the concerns still on things like the timer.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#75 Posted: 01:47:44 13/07/2014
From the other thread:
[User Posted Image]

My pure baseless speculation; returning characters for Earth, Tech and Undead should be Dino-Rang, Boomer and Ghost Roaster respectively.
As of now its only looking like one repose, but if there's two, I'd speculate on Zap, Spyro (which would rule out a Voodood), Lightning Rod, Sunburn, Slobber Tooth, Stump Smash, Trigger Happy, and Cynder (or Roller Brawl)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#76 Posted: 01:50:34 13/07/2014
So when do you we all think all these new characters were meant to be revealed?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#77 Posted: 01:54:27 13/07/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
So when do you we all think all these new characters were meant to be revealed?

Possibly at Comic Con. I'd say its likely we'll see these ones to play with, and some of them just in images. There's a reason this is the first time they're going, and it was probably for a big media blowout.
---
#78 Posted: 03:59:26 13/07/2014
(Continuing a conversation from EWK)
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Quote: Arc of Archives
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I think it's gonna be 24 revamps.

(Nah, my reaction wouldn't be close to that, but I'd probably be disappointed.)

Why is this?

He loves Banjo-Kazooie, and was really upset about Nuts & Bolts.
Err- I mean, because then we'd have an unnessicary amount of reposes and as it is some of them already feel really unoriginal or plain bad in terms of ideas (For example: Horn Blast Whirlwind's Wow Pow is basically the same as S2 Cynder's and Lava Barf Eruptor's is gadderful).

Also, I'd rather just see them not repose Spyro, Pop Fizz, Stealth Elf, Jet-Vac and co. for a game to repose characters who have never had a repose, than add more reposes to be able to repose those who haven't been. If they do that, we'll reach the point where the only non-reposed are from the last game and- IMO- they should try to just repose a character from the previous game if they had a glaring flaw or were inferior to other characters (which is why I'm glad about getting a Fryno repose, as I feel he's very similar but inferior to Wind-Up. I wouldn't care about a Wind-Up repose in TT much because, much as I like him, he's already very good while fellow Tech characters Boomer and Countdown could use a Wow Pow more).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: who needs six Spyros to choose between? He can go a game without getting a repose, same with Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, Chop Chop etc. They don't need to retire these characters forever, but we've gotten them before and we don't need an extra version of them in every single game.

And I actually like a lot of those characters- Gill Grunt is one of my favourites and I have a soft spot for both Chop Chop and Trigger Happy, as well as Pop Fizz and Jet-Vac. Doesn't mean I'm not tired of seeing them get reposes over Voodood, Warnado, Ghost Roaster and others.
They seem to be doing relatively well with the repose choices this time (so glad Shroomboom and Fryno are getting them), but I still don't think we need an S4 Gill Grunt because his S2 Wow Pow was already perfect. And for all we know, perhaps the remaining reposes will be re-reposed Whirlwind, Stealth Elf, Eruptor, Spyro, Cynder and co and we'll end up getting a very small amount of non-reposed reposes- it's too early to know how the reposes this time will turn out, either way.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:08:06 13/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#79 Posted: 13:39:16 13/07/2014
If 24 reposes is true, then there's still hope of a S2 Sunburn. We already know that Fryno is one of the fire reposes and Eruptor will definitely be another due to being one of the original 8+ (but hopefully won't be the case). That means unless Hot Dog has become popular, hopefully Sunburn will be the third fire.

Also, if I decide to carry on buying the Skylander games, the only cores I'll buy are dragons. The reason I changed my mind about buying TT is because after seeing Blades' design, I just got to have him. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:46 13/07/2014 by alicecarp
#80 Posted: 13:51:31 13/07/2014
Quote: alicecarp
If 24 reposes is true, then there's still hope of a S2 Sunburn. We already know that Fryno is one of the fire reposes and Eruptor will definitely be another due to being one of the original 8+ (but hopefully won't be the case). That means unless Hot Dog has become popular, hopefully Sunburn will be the third fire.

Also, if I decide to carry on buying the Skylander games, the only cores I'll buy are dragons. The reason I changed my mind about buying TT is because after seeing Blades' design, I just got to have him. smilie

Since Jet-Vac seems to be the air- flagship, the COULD make Hot Dog the new Fire-flagship. Dogs are very marketable when it comes to kids.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#81 Posted: 20:24:14 13/07/2014
Would it be awesome to have new features for the Skylanders Arena Battles and Bonus Missions involving the captured villains assisting our favorite heroes? For instance, Snap Shot and Wolfgang stick together to complete whatever needs to be done.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#82 Posted: 00:14:52 14/07/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
From the other thread:
[User Posted Image]

My pure baseless speculation; returning characters for Earth, Tech and Undead should be Dino-Rang, Boomer and Ghost Roaster respectively.
As of now its only looking like one repose, but if there's two, I'd speculate on Zap, Spyro (which would rule out a Voodood), Lightning Rod, Sunburn, Slobber Tooth, Stump Smash, Trigger Happy, and Cynder (or Roller Brawl)

You wish. I can see maybe one of those three, and even that's unlikely, but all of them? I really doubt it will happen.

From what I know, there will be at least two reposes of each element. But if what I'm hearing is true, there may be THREE reposed of each element. That would be cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:28 14/07/2014 by MugoUrth
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#83 Posted: 00:41:40 14/07/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
From the other thread:
[User Posted Image]

I want those three to get a S2 as well, as I sure do enjoy playing those characters and would love to see them with path switching and a Wow Pow! I'll keep my hopes out there, but I think Boomer is going to get the shaft for yet ANOTHER Trigger Happy. If they only have 2 repose spots, they may go with TH and then someone from the 2nd or 3rd game. However, I'd rather see Boomer in the repose spot than anyone else, simply because of how much I enjoy playing with him in the game.

They really need to give it a rest with these guys who get reposed every freakin game. I don't plan on buying another Terrafin, I have enough of him as it is. Spyro is the only one that I personally don't mind getting continual reposes from, but the others need to give it up.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#84 Posted: 01:40:40 14/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Stayed away from here most of the weekend...took a stare at the figures for 30 seconds. Now what? It's just another figure with another set of moves. AoA and I think alike...yeah doing the same thing time and time again does not inspire confidence or bode well for the overall "experience".

I'm with GothamLord, I don't feel like spending $1000+ on a new game and get all of the characters and say I basically played Giants except I trapped some villains. Inflation is here and interest rates are going to rise, consumer spending is going to decrease on stuff like this. Oh and the government is finding new ways to force my cooperation to fund the latest social morality causes. I'm already planning on spending less on entertainment and concentrate on the necessities. You know, cause I'm grown up, have bills, responsibilities, etc.

Kinda ironic the biggest reveal so far came in the form of a leak.

I'll get my grumpy old butt out of here and leave everyone to their speculation. See you guys in a week or so.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:46:43 14/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#85 Posted: 01:54:42 14/07/2014
I do love these new characters and find them creative, but what I really want, which I understand most people want, is GAMEPLAY to extend playtime. I'm already upset that there is yet again no online play, so I could only hope now for maybe a dungeon-type addition with random spawning opponents and cool places to explore. It's just a bore to play the same levels and survivals over and over until you literally know the exact order things show up.
#86 Posted: 02:16:47 14/07/2014
Stayed away from here most of the weekend...took a stare at the figures for 30 seconds. Now what? It's just another figure with another set of moves. AoA and I think alike...yeah doing the same thing time and time again does not inspire confidence or bode well for the overall "experience".

I'm with GothamLord, I don't feel like spending $1000+ on a new game and get all of the characters and say I basically played Giants except I trapped some villains. Inflation is here and interest rates are going to rise, consumer spending is going to decrease on stuff like this. Oh and the government is finding new ways to force my cooperation to fund the latest social morality causes. I'm already planning on spending less on entertainment and concentrate on the necessities. You know, cause I'm grown up, have bills, responsibilities, etc.

Kinda ironic the biggest reveal so far came in the form of a leak.

I'll get my grumpy old butt out of here and leave everyone to their speculation. See you guys in a week or so.

[User Posted Image]

C-ya in a week there Ghosty. smilie

As for staying on topic a bit. I am glad that we got something. I'm not happy Activision's hubris is so inflated right now they want to threaten copyright bans on people on YouTube. I am not surprised YouTube is balking before the almighty corporation. I'm glad some people are excited, the game needs to keep people excited before its release. I am sadden that some people are some easily swayed. Its just more characters. I think some people need to be able to look beyond just the characters design. I like some of the character designs. It's all becomes meaningless though if the game itself isnt worthwhile.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:22 14/07/2014 by GothamLord
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#87 Posted: 02:29:47 14/07/2014
I agree with those of you saying this: what would really solidify any excitement for me is actual gameplay information. So far, all Activision seems to want to do is discuss figures and they seem most focused on innovating toys. How can they bring the life into toys, and I feel that they are mostly toy driven, rather than game driven. It would fit considering there will be 2 trap masters for each element. Really unnecessary if you ask me. Giants had one giant for each element. Swap Force had two swapper for each, but that was understandable considering the gimmick. But now, we're looking at 16 trap masters who have the same unnecessary price as the Giants and swappers did? Heck, the trap masters don't seem to light up or need any extra hardware to function like the other two gimmick groups, so why the extra money?

The only thing I got the most excited for out of this leak was the speculation I had on what the extra levels could be. And that's speculative content I'm looking forward to at best. If they want to keep making money, Activision had better focus a little less on selling all these toys and more on having a game worth buying. Sadly, I don't feel like they have that mindset right now.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#88 Posted: 02:31:55 14/07/2014
I think i am in an extreme minority when i say i am more interested in the figures as, well, physical figures.
I usually only get about an hour a day at the absolute most, to play video games, sometimes two if my boy goes to bed when he is supposed to.
So for me, the physical figures matter much more than the game. A game is done with after a couple of months, at the very most, whilst the figures are on my display for much much longer.
i also think i am the only person in the world, or near to it, who doesn't want anything online. I don't see the point, but then, i don't enjoy the PVP, or enjoy games like super smash brothers, so i think its kinda missed on me.

I would be perfectly happy with getting what people are seemingly so afraid of, "Skylanders: Giants part 2"
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#89 Posted: 02:50:06 14/07/2014
[User Posted Image]

Didn't anyone do the thing yet?
I mean we literally have a train now.
---
#90 Posted: 02:56:56 14/07/2014
We do? Really? Images? Because I know there is this level piece call the Nightmare Express. Beyond that its just speculation to what the level actually is or does.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:17 14/07/2014 by GothamLord
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#91 Posted: 03:52:02 14/07/2014
There must be a reason they haven't added online multi-player. It is possible that they feel people would stick to just a few figures in order to max them out and become proficient with them. This could hinder sales. Just a thought.

Also, would they let people customize coloring in order to distinguish between multiple players using the same figure?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#92 Posted: 04:09:53 14/07/2014
Depends on what kind of multiplayer options they finalized on. Easy way to avoid worring about coloring is to simiply limit things to one of that character in the group. If it was just a 1-on-1 fight, they could program it to not allow same character vs same character. Clearly if there is a color variant its not a issue, as the character is a different color by default already. At this point, given its Activision and the amount of characters they keep forcing, plus all the series differences, they dont want to touch online because of character balance issues for PVP.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#93 Posted: 09:18:26 14/07/2014
Quote: min8or
I think i am in an extreme minority when i say i am more interested in the figures as, well, physical figures.

I'm the same, I'm more a collector than a player. However, Trap Team seems quite good from what I have seen so far, with the capturable villains and stuff. The quality of the figures seem to have increased also, so I'm looking forward to collecting at least one version of all the new characters.
---
bye
#94 Posted: 17:03:44 14/07/2014
I won't get excited about the 'leak' that most likely wsn't REALLY a 'leak' as its centered mostly around the toys. It increases my confidence in the design of the new characters as while I don't like all of them - like Bushwacker for instance - I do like their more 'focused' direction, where they didn't try and 'overcute' him/her.

I'd like to see a complete level play through, see how long the levels are, let me know what to expect with regards to amount of levels, just...I'm more interested in the volume of content.
- Unreall
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#95 Posted: 18:07:16 15/07/2014
Quote: min8or
I usually only get about an hour a day at the absolute most, to play video games, sometimes two if my boy goes to bed when he is supposed to.
So for me, the physical figures matter much more than the game. A game is done with after a couple of months, at the very most, whilst the figures are on my display for much much longer.
i also think i am the only person in the world, or near to it, who doesn't want anything online. I don't see the point, but then, i don't enjoy the PVP, or enjoy games like super smash brothers, so i think its kinda missed on me.

I would be perfectly happy with getting what people are seemingly so afraid of, "Skylanders: Giants part 2"

As a collector, I really enjoy the figures too. Is a important part of the "skylanders experience" for me. I also don't see the point of an online mode on Skylanders.

However, what I DO want to know about Trap Team is regarding the game side of that experience, like:

1. Will Heroic Challenges make a comeback?
If so:
2.will they still be unlocked by the figures? Or will be unlocked in game, like the Bonus Missions?
3. Will we need to buy 16-24 reposes of characters we already have to unlock their heroic challenges, like in Giants?

I would really want to know that
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
AnthonyBossman Green Sparx Gems: 242
#96 Posted: 20:18:18 15/07/2014
Back to what this thread was for, if they do implement sidekicks having a bigger role in the game , what do you think it would be/include
---
Anthony Bossman The skylanders Youtube Channel Is Now on DarkSpyro!! Subscribe here and on Youtube for Exclusive Info !!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#97 Posted: 21:23:12 15/07/2014
I really hope that if heroics return, all 112 (possibly 114) Skylanders will have a heroic challenge, and any variation (S1, S2+, LC, Legendary, other in-game variant) unlocks the challenge. No extra challenges for having several of the same character in different paint jobs or poses. I thought it was really dumb how Giants required Series 2 figures, though I didn't mind the ones that were purchasable in-game.

As I've mentioned before, I also hope the challenges will be elementally aligned, so they won't get too repetitive (112 challenges done 14 times is much less repetitive than any number of challenges done 112 times).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#98 Posted: 22:05:30 15/07/2014
If Sidekicks get a bigger role this game, I'd prefer it if they just "introduced them back" for now, instead of tossing their gimmick into this game (but I'd be fine with that as well). We never even got Giantkicks here- if they only wide-release Barkley, or something and Giantkicks get extra features, it'll feel like a slap in the face. If their plan is to properly introduce and wide-release the old Sidekicks in TT then have them as the main gimmick next game... I'd be OK with that, as long as we got lots of improved game features.
They'd need to invest me with improved mechanics rather than a gimmick (as Sidekicks "going into small spaces" would be an awfully unexciting one), but if they need to give us a simple gimmick to focus on developing a better story/online/way more levels/whatever, I'd be fine with it.

I just hope they don't try to push Sidekicks as a groundbreaking gimmick at some point. Going into small spaces with them just doesn't seem like it'd be fun as a game's big gimmick, might ultimately just lead to extra areas. Sidekicks would need to be implemented really, really well to get me interested. Though, as I've said, I don't like to look forward to gimmicks as much as improved features.

And before someone might say to give sequels a chance: yes, we've only had two sequels so far, but I played through each and a lot of the stuff that bugged me in SA/Giants wasn't fixed in SF and it looks like some of those issues still won't be. I don't know how the game will turn out- perhaps they will or have fixed some of these issues, or the game will simply be so well-made that it makes up for them- but right now I don't feel really positive about it or see anything which would make me believe those. I'm just writing about that. Also, I'm still looking around for TT news to see if we get info on improved mechanics, so even if I might not buy it I'm still looking into the game.

Overuse of the word gimmick? Yep. But I assume most understand what I'm talking about- the "special feature" each Skylanders sequel has been advertised with: the titular Giants and SWAP Force. "Gimmick" is just easier to type and fit into sentences.

Sorry guys, it's morning and I hate coffee.

Edit- GothamLord posted this in another topic, feel the same way, QFT:
Quote: melvimbe
It's just another piece of plastic that provides DLC to content already on the disc we purchased. Perhaps there will be a train wreck on the mightmare express after all. The mirror of mystery is what they will look into after sales numbers come in.

Well yes, every figure is also basically a piece of plastic with DLC technically. I get your disappointment with this next run, not sure why you would discourage others optimism.

While I dont claim to speak for Ghost, I can say personally a lot of the "discouragement" that some of seem to throw around is because the optimism from some (not all) is given blindly. Some people all it takes is a few pretty new character designs to have them jumping off the walls screaming, "We love you again, Activision!! My faith is restored" . The facts still remain of the timer concern, lack of really new innovation with the game, the secrecy this time around up to the point of bullying YouTuber with threats regarding copyright, refusal to cross market the brand, and continued blatant ignoring of other game problems. Continuing to throw money at them, is just going to have them keep recycling the same formula over and over again. Stagnation is bad.

I love some of the new character designs we've seen. I would love to play them in game. If the game is just a rehash though of Giants with a new coat of paint its all in vain.

Remember that if you want to buy the figures, you need to spend money on each, which means to get all the characters you think are cool from each game, you might need to spend as much as or more than a standard game. If that's the case, the games should be really darn great so that you get mileage from those characters and the more expensive toys should give more/better content. (It took me ages to notice, but now I'm sad about how the Trap Masters will cost extra even though it seems there's little to warrant buying more.) Otherwise, it's probably better to many, to spend the money on buying a bunch of different games instead of tons of Skylanders- because then you probably get a ton more content, not to mention much more varied content.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:56 15/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#99 Posted: 23:10:31 15/07/2014
I wouldn't buy the figures if all I wanted was game content. The figures themselves have value as well, just like any other physical toy/figure/decoration. The trap master price is a bit high, so they'll probably not sell well outside of discount offers, especially since it seems like they'll function like the giants: any of them can use their traptanium weapons to access the trap master specific content, meaning you're all set with just Snap Shot - just like any giant could access all giant-specific content.

That being said, the adventure packs have been my favorite levels (and the most decorative figures) in each of the games (though Giants didn't have any new ones, I had fun playing the original 4 with the new characters), and these look like they'll continue providing enjoyable levels. I'm especially interested in the mirror, but the train looks great as well.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#100 Posted: 13:20:04 16/07/2014
Most likely *guess, but educated*
Sidekicks will do one or two things, fight along with you doing minimal damage, and/or pick up items for you. Nothing substantive but interactable.
- Unreall
First | Page 2 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me