Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
My OC [CLOSED]
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#101 Posted: 03:28:54 09/07/2014
Quote: redwes
Quote: Seiki
Again, "______ OC" still has the term OC in it and OC means a 100% original character. Anything involving a fanbase automatically makes that character less then 100% original. That is what OC means and putting a name in front of it does not change its meaning. As for the rest, bringing it out in public informs not just the main user but ALL users. Using "______ OC" is a amateur mistake and people need to know.
Though it still ends up a spam problem that derails topics. There was an RP I somewhat wanted to participate in that simply ended up never happening thanks to an argument similar to this with people spamming the topic with posts badgering the creator to change the term they used in the OP.
I think I remember a topic like that. The creator had "OC ONLY" in the title when they actually wanted only fan characters. They got users wanting to join with actual OCs and some others simply tried to help. All they had to do had change one letter and the issue would have been resolved.

or if you'd stopped making such a huge deal about it
---
self professed austGAYlian
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#102 Posted: 03:33:57 09/07/2014
Quote: ReshiramForever
Though it still ends up a spam problem that derails topics. There was an RP I somewhat wanted to participate in that simply ended up never happening thanks to an argument similar to this with people spamming the topic with posts badgering the creator to change the term they used in the OP.
I think I remember a topic like that. The creator had "OC ONLY" in the title when they actually wanted only fan characters. They got users wanting to join with actual OCs and some others simply tried to help. All they had to do had change one letter and the issue would have been resolved.

Yeah... the topic went on for 2 pages... Only like 5 posts wasn't involved with people yelling at him to change the title.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#103 Posted: 03:36:14 09/07/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
the colors are awful on this horse there topic over discussion over

racism to horses
#104 Posted: 03:37:46 09/07/2014
Quote: arceustheprime

racism to horses

gdi baro dont be racist to puke green
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#105 Posted: 03:40:10 09/07/2014 | Topic Creator

racism to horses

and by puke green he means emerald
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#106 Posted: 03:41:54 09/07/2014
Quote: Windumup

racism to horses

first off i am a girl second of all i meant puke green
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#107 Posted: 03:42:14 09/07/2014

racism to horses

emerald is a lot darker type green than that.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#108 Posted: 03:43:00 09/07/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
*ahem* No character is really 100% original, as there is always something that they are based off of or inspired by. Just sayin'.

My characters names are stolen from the credits from animes! smilie
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#109 Posted: 03:46:02 09/07/2014
Well, names are names. smilie Every name means or comes-- from somewhere else. For instance, I often use translators for my names and the meaning usually has something to do with the character.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:47:54 09/07/2014 by redwes
#110 Posted: 03:46:25 09/07/2014
*ahem* No character is really 100% original, as there is always something that they are based off of or inspired by. Just sayin'.

My characters names are stolen from the credits from animes! :D

My characters Trystal and Blair were somewhat based off Whirlwind and Chip. In anatomy wise.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#111 Posted: 03:50:47 09/07/2014
tbh hellena was originally sort of based off of bellatrix lestrange before some changes happened a couple of years ago

guess where the name came from

racism to horses

i'll be racist to whatever the frig i want

> : (
---
#112 Posted: 03:52:35 09/07/2014
tbh hellena was originally sort of based off of bellatrix lestrange before some changes happened a couple of years ago

guess where the name came from

> : (

Matrix!
---
icon from Empoh
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#113 Posted: 03:54:06 09/07/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
Then you won't, but why not simply use FC? That is a term that everyone can agree on and won't cause any problems.

Maybe it wouldn't be if it wasn't shoved down their damn throats 24/7!

@AmethystRose: Now you're just making up terms. smilie To simplify, it's an FC. That pretty much covers anything involving fan characters.

@ReshiramForever: Look up fc on deviantart. There are tons of people who use that term.

oh yes, looking up fc on deviantart

most of those are fan clubs, with literally three things even mentioning in the usage of fan character. look at what you're ****ing trying to prove before you look like an idiot

Okay, hi! My name is DMC and I'm a human. That is redwes and he is also a human. Me and redwes happen to be friends. I'd like to let TrixMaster and ReshiramForever know that they have not been treating wes very much like he's a human. You claim that we, the side that argue for the simple split between OC and FC, are the ones bashing people and you bash back. And when you bash back, you gang up and attack viciously at a sole person who *used to be* alone. However, if you read through this thread, we have simply been using fact and reputable sources to show that there is a difference, while you have been repeating the same thing over and over again, each time adding more malice and curse words. And we are the ones who have been rude.
I'm not here to re-enter this argument. No. I'm here to call you out on not being very human towards another human. We're all flesh and bone on the inside.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#114 Posted: 03:54:34 09/07/2014

racism to horses

no.... it's more an ugly neon green...... Just, so bright.... e-e

Also, the way my characters are made, they might as well be Final Fantasy characters.... They are made as RPG characters with Job classes. The clothing designs are taken from GaiaOnline and SoulCalibur. They were made in SoulCalibur 3 character creation and backstory and crap was made later.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:58 09/07/2014 by Seiki
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#115 Posted: 03:59:09 09/07/2014

racism to horses

your fave is problematic: spyrobaro
- racist
- likes n. brio
#116 Posted: 04:05:04 09/07/2014
Quote: Dmcrocks
Then you won't, but why not simply use FC? That is a term that everyone can agree on and won't cause any problems.

Maybe it wouldn't be if it wasn't shoved down their damn throats 24/7!

@AmethystRose: Now you're just making up terms. -_- To simplify, it's an FC. That pretty much covers anything involving fan characters.

@ReshiramForever: Look up fc on deviantart. There are tons of people who use that term.

oh yes, looking up fc on deviantart

most of those are fan clubs, with literally three things even mentioning in the usage of fan character. look at what you're ****ing trying to prove before you look like an idiot

Okay, hi! My name is DMC and I'm a human. That is redwes and he is also a human. Me and redwes happen to be friends. I'd like to let TrixMaster and ReshiramForever know that they have not been treating wes very much like he's a human. You claim that we, the side that argue for the simple split between OC and FC, are the ones bashing people and you bash back. And when you bash back, you gang up and attack viciously at a sole person who *used to be* alone. However, if you read through this thread, we have simply been using fact and reputable sources to show that there is a difference, while you have been repeating the same thing over and over again, each time adding more malice and curse words. And we are the ones who have been rude.
I'm not here to re-enter this argument. No. I'm here to call you out on not being very human towards another human. We're all flesh and bone on the inside.

We were treating him like a human, in fact earlier in the argument I was being a little sensible. It's your guy's corruption of the argument that's inhumane. In fact if we wanted to treat him as not a human, we'd would have used human discriminating words. Also I have screenshotted your post here in case if you delete it. And how is "human" in any means a behavior?
---
icon from Empoh
#117 Posted: 04:15:48 09/07/2014
Why do you feel it necessary to screenshot my post?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#118 Posted: 04:17:33 09/07/2014
Why do you feel it necessary to screenshot my post?

So if you delete your post. I have all rights to post it to forum for all to see.
---
icon from Empoh
#119 Posted: 04:19:56 09/07/2014
But why? What's the point? What are you hoping they'll do?
---
#120 Posted: 04:22:42 09/07/2014
you people need to chill, this was all started by somebody using incorrect terminology for their colorful magic horse character.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:47 09/07/2014 by Carmelita Fox
#121 Posted: 04:30:05 09/07/2014
[User Posted Image]
here's my original character, his name is spyro, what do you think?
gangsta joe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1544
#122 Posted: 04:41:13 09/07/2014
wtf what hapened to this topic? also sesshomaru stop attacking inuyasha smilie jaust because he is better then you
#123 Posted: 04:45:45 09/07/2014
But why? What's the point? What are you hoping they'll do?

For the whole so called "human discrimination" that you accused me and Reshiram of. Which we didn't do.
---
icon from Empoh
#124 Posted: 04:54:00 09/07/2014
holy **** stop continuing the argument this is totally worthless
#125 Posted: 04:56:03 09/07/2014
Quote: Carmelita Fox

Then the topic should closed right?
---
icon from Empoh
#126 Posted: 04:59:26 09/07/2014

no ... this topic was about windumup's pony character ... but if none of u can control urselves and keep arguing, it needs to be closed.
#127 Posted: 05:01:43 09/07/2014

no ... this topic was about windumup's pony character ... but if none of u can control urselves and keep arguing, it needs to be closed.

Okay then.
---
icon from Empoh
#128 Posted: 05:05:39 09/07/2014
Quote: AngelicBeast
[User Posted Image]
here's my original character, his name is spyro, what do you think?

thats hot best oc ever

yeah smilie i wanted him to be a cool, mysterious, and sexy character.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#129 Posted: 08:35:26 09/07/2014

Agreed
Don't like it or not, many of My Oc's all look the same with that hood.
My Oc's are often based upon elements, thus not realy original
*SHOOOOT*
#130 Posted: 08:49:04 09/07/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11

Agreed
Don't like it or not, many of My Oc's all look the same with that hood.
My Oc's are often based upon elements, thus not realy original
*SHOOOOT*

well they still are OCs, it's just you were inspired by elements.
---
icon from Empoh
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me