Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
My OC [CLOSED]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#51 Posted: 08:39:48 08/07/2014
Quote: assassinelf
It's an FC i think OC means it has no basis in a series not created or co-created by you.

FC- Fandom made Character in cartain world (MLP, Pokemon, Digimon etc OC's are FC's)
OC- Has no basis to Fandom world, however, it holds resemblense to a fandom world
CC- Canon Character. Has own world, not based upon anything but the creator's mind

My CC Alvira, is a good example.
http://stealthelf001.deviantar...ished-435255716

*Shot for taking it all serious*

*Notices everyone else already pointing out it's an FC*
Damm, that's a huge ninja
I'm too lazy to read posts smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:42:52 08/07/2014 by NINJAsk11
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#52 Posted: 08:42:41 08/07/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Quote: assassinelf
It's an FC i think OC means it has no basis in a series not created or co-created by you.

FC- Fandom made Character in cartain world (MLP, Pokemon, Digimon etc OC's are FC's)
OC- Has no basis to Fandom world, however, it holds resemblense to a fandom world
CC- Canon Character. Has own world, not based upon anything but the creator's mind

My CC Alvira, is a good example.
http://stealthelf001.deviantar...ished-435255716

*Shot for taking it all serious*

That's not what an OC is. OC is basically Canon character's definition.

A Canon character is more or less a character from the officials from the fanbase sort of speak. Like Sonic.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#53 Posted: 08:43:22 08/07/2014
Mistake
*Shot*
You're right trix, I was mistaken and I'm too lazy to edit.
#54 Posted: 08:45:21 08/07/2014
It okay NINJAsk.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#55 Posted: 08:48:59 08/07/2014
Though, I've gotta say wind-up, the colouration is pretty well thought. Buuut I'm sure there's A BACKGROUND PONY SOMEWHERE that has the same colours....
RIGHT!?
No offense.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#56 Posted: 08:49:27 08/07/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
Original Fan Character does exist. Don't you Oxymoron it. Seriously, oxymoron can be used as an insult because it moron in it. smilie

Oh and good job using an unreliable site for definition needs.

here's a definition of oxymoron,
[User Posted Image]

thank you for your cruel words.

I said that I wanted to step out of this argument; I have a clean record an I don't want anything bad to happen to it from this skirmish. I thought you'd respect my wishes, but its clear that you won't.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#57 Posted: 08:51:14 08/07/2014
Guys, can we please not get into a fight?
#58 Posted: 09:00:59 08/07/2014
Quote: Dmcrocks
Quote: Trix Master 100
Original Fan Character does exist. Don't you Oxymoron it. Seriously, oxymoron can be used as an insult because it moron in it. -_-

Oh and good job using an unreliable site for definition needs.

here's a definition of oxymoron,
[User Posted Image]

thank you for your cruel words.

I said that I wanted to step out of this argument; I have a clean record an I don't want anything bad to happen to it from this skirmish. I thought you'd respect my wishes, but its clear that you won't.

I didn't any wishes. If you wanted wishes I'm pretty sure you would've putted that in the post (either you didn't or I completely missed it). And if you wanted fully butt out of the argument you should not have stepped back in. So called wishes you and some others have.
---
icon from Empoh
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#59 Posted: 09:07:22 08/07/2014
I posted at 4:34 that I wanted to but out of the argument. I then proceeded to delete my post with the dictionary quote(which actually came from Google, but I didn't know what to call it). THREE MINUTES LATER, you edit your post to lash back at my *deleted* post, which shows that you did not care for my wish, because you so desperately wanted the last laugh. This is my last time posting in this topic, and for sure my last time talking to you!
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#60 Posted: 09:10:58 08/07/2014
you guys should just like calm down and stop because this topic shouldve died a bit ago
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#61 Posted: 09:18:01 08/07/2014
"Seriously, oxymoron can be used as an insult because it moron in it." No-one and I mean NO-ONE would ever consider that word an insult. An oxymoron is simply something self-contradictory. OC and FC are opposites and there is no such thing as an "original fan character". Fan characters are not original-- at all. Granted, an FC could possibly be modified (starting with removing the entire fandom-based story) and turned into an OC, but there is no in-between.

Sorry... this is something people need to know.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#62 Posted: 09:18:26 08/07/2014
Quote: Dmcrocks
I posted at 4:34 that I wanted to but out of the argument. I then proceeded to delete my post with the dictionary quote(which actually came from Google, but I didn't know what to call it). THREE MINUTES LATER, you edit your post to lash back at my *deleted* post, which shows that you did not care for my wish, because you so desperately wanted the last laugh. This is my last time posting in this topic, and for sure my last time talking to you!

Now how am I supposed to know that now that it's deleted. That's kind of a dick move there. Good damn day ass.
---
icon from Empoh
#63 Posted: 09:24:35 08/07/2014
Quote: redwes
"Seriously, oxymoron can be used as an insult because it moron in it." No-one and I mean NO-ONE would ever consider that word an insult. An oxymoron is simply something self-contradictory. OC and FC are opposites and there is no such thing as an "original fan character". Fan characters are not original-- at all. Granted, an FC could possibly be modified (starting with removing the entire fandom-based story) and turned into an OC, but there is no in-between.

Sorry... this is something people need to know.

There too such a thing, open your damned eyes. OC and FC have a lot in common despite their universe and ****ty stories. There is in between if the FC is completely different from the fanbase, but still having a bit to do in the fandom.
---
icon from Empoh
#64 Posted: 09:33:57 08/07/2014
Using DeviantArt as an example, there are groups for OC art and there are groups for FC art. You won't find any for "original fan characters"... those are simply considered Fan Characters. They may be closer to an Original Character but no OC group would accept them and that term is rarely used. People have a habit of just calling those characters OCs and-- that is wrong. They're still fan characters.
---
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#65 Posted: 09:36:21 08/07/2014
An oxymoron is simply something self-contradictory. OC and FC are opposites and there is no such thing as an "original fan character".

I consider "original fan character" being a character that truly is original, but is modified slightly be it in backstory or appearance or what have you to make them fit into whatever established universe you want. They start as original characters, more often than not though. Fan character is heavily based upon the universe with some traits to make them unique, and original character is just that. A stand alone character in their own original universe.

Meh, see it how you want.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:36:58 08/07/2014 by Crystal Dragon
#66 Posted: 09:40:57 08/07/2014
Using DeviantArt as an example, there are groups for OC art and there are groups for FC art. You won't find any for "original fan characters"... those are simply considered Fan Characters. They may be closer to an Original Character but no OC group would accept them and that term is rarely used. People have a habit of just calling those characters OCs and-- that is wrong. They're still fan characters.

True. But they are more original then the average fan character you see on DA all the time. And I didn't say they weren't fan characters clearly they still are. But I'm saying it's pointless to point out the whole FC crap when the person says "[insert fandom here] OC" because they are aware that they are a fan character of that fandom. I mean if they were to say what windup did and called them just a plain "OC" then I see why.
---
icon from Empoh
#67 Posted: 09:46:51 08/07/2014
"[insert fandom here] OC" That is still implying that's it's an OC. If someone is aware that it is an fan character, they should call it what it is... an FC. "FC" is a broad category and still meant to cover these so called "original fan characters" you refer to.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:47:32 08/07/2014 by redwes
#68 Posted: 09:58:32 08/07/2014
"[insert fandom here] OC" That is still implying that's it's an OC. If someone is aware that it is an fan character, they should call it what it is... an FC. "FC" is a broad category and still meant to cover these so called "original fan characters" you refer to.

No it's not. Okay maybe a little, like as the originality at the fact that they made them. But that's it. And they don't have to refer to the character as an FC if they don't wish too. Hell they can call it a piece of crap if they wanted to. I mean seriously it's still pointless. I mean there's no law that says you have to call the character an FC if it's FC (with originality or not), it's more preferred that they do. You guys are being tyrants about it. Or should I say the character police?
---
icon from Empoh
#69 Posted: 10:16:37 08/07/2014
"there's no law that says you have to call the character an FC if it's FC" If it's an FC... it's an FC! Anything that is at all set within an existing fandom belongs to the broad category of FC. Something cannot be called an "OC" (even with a name infront of it) unless it is 100% original. That means the character has be original and the story has to be original. That's just something any good RPer knows.

If there were a spectrum of character originally and OC/FC, two thirds of it would be FC.

|char.____fan_____char.___|
|________char.__________|
---
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#70 Posted: 11:07:25 08/07/2014
jesus ****ing christ are we really arguing about the oc/fc thing?

lighten the **** up
---
self professed austGAYlian
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#71 Posted: 12:26:47 08/07/2014
Guys guys guys
It's a ****ing recoloured pony who the **** gives two ****s what it's called it's just a ****ing pony.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#72 Posted: 13:42:17 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
Guys guys guys
It's a ****ing recoloured pony who the **** gives two ****s what it's called it's just a ****ing pony.

As I have said before, he isn't recolored of any pony. Although she bears a slight resemblance to a few wonderbolt pegasi.

Also reported for language :/
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#73 Posted: 14:42:07 08/07/2014
*has no idea about the situation*

umg copurite!!!!11!!shift!!11
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#74 Posted: 15:13:37 08/07/2014
we should just call it an RC (recolored character)
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#75 Posted: 17:05:19 08/07/2014
Quote: Windumup
Guys guys guys

As I have said before, he isn't recolored of any pony. Although she bears a slight resemblance to a few wonderbolt pegasi.

I already have 4 MM's do you think I give an actual **** that your little feelings were hurt by swearing? Grow up.

And yes it's just a recolour >.>
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#76 Posted: 17:14:07 08/07/2014
As long as it has unique apects (other than coloring), it's not a recolor.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#77 Posted: 17:40:37 08/07/2014
and eitherway, the colors of this are making my eyes sore.

that and it's 240p quality.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#78 Posted: 20:37:22 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Guys guys guys

I already have 4 MM's do you think I give an actual **** that your little feelings were hurt by swearing? Grow up.

As I said earlier
No background or main pony has this combination of features. :/
---
#79 Posted: 21:00:57 08/07/2014

As I said earlier

You spliced pieces of other ponies and basically put them on one pony.

I would honestly call that a recolor.
---
#80 Posted: 21:54:29 08/07/2014
"there's no law that says you have to call the character an FC if it's FC" If it's an FC... it's an FC! Anything that is at all set within an existing fandom belongs to the broad category of FC. Something cannot be called an "OC" (even with a name infront of it) unless it is 100% original. That means the character has be original and the story has to be original. That's just something any good RPer knows.

If there were a spectrum of character originally and OC/FC, two thirds of it would be FC.

|char.____fan_____char.___|
|________char.__________|

But it's still not the law though. There's no legal law about the whole FC/OC nonsense. And I still didn't say it wasn't an FC. If you were a good reader as well as a Roleplayer you wouldn't be repeating yourself.
---
icon from Empoh
#81 Posted: 23:50:25 08/07/2014
There are laws and there are rules. The former is legal and later is just highly highly recommended. The fact is... there are two terms used for RP characters. One is FC and one is OC. You cannot use the term "OC" at all without implying that something in an "original character". A "original fan character" does not qualify as such and is in fact a sub-category of "FC". Calling such thing a "______ OC" is not acceptable for that very reason. Just as there are OC RPs on darkSpyro and FC RPs, there are those same two terms when referring to characters. Please... do not consider these characters being FCs as an insult or comparing them to the lesser fan characters. It's not-- its just the way things are. Calling them FCs is correct and will not cause any arguments. Calling them OCs is incorrect and will annoy anyone who uses OCs or participates in OC RPs.

If it helps, I in fact have two FCs that I have used in the past. One is "Ganim" and the other was called "Darrin" [Not Darin the gryphon] at the time. The former was a version of Link and is purely an fan character. I have no doubts whatsoever about this. The later was original in character but set in the "Fire Emblem" universe. That is an unoriginal story, which qualifies him to be an original fan character. However, I would never call him or use "OC" in any scenerio involving him. That would break the set unspoken rules. Instead, he is still an FC. He's a mostly original FC but still none-the-less an FC.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:05:09 09/07/2014 by redwes
#82 Posted: 23:53:05 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: MoonHorizons

As I said earlier

Spitfire and the other wonderbolt that was posted actually dont have the same mane and tail as my OC. True you can argue the Alicorn wings but that is just 1 piece
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#83 Posted: 23:59:04 08/07/2014
Quote: ReshiramForever
jesus ****ing christ are we really arguing about the oc/fc thing?

lighten the **** up

this exact same argument happened this like a year ago too

ok everyone, instead of arguing about this, how about we post our own fancharacters/ocs????
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#84 Posted: 00:00:12 09/07/2014
There are laws and there are rules. The former is legal and later is just highly highly recommended. The fact is... there are two terms used for RP characters. One is FC and one is OC. You cannot use the term "OC" at all without implying that something in an "original character". A "original fan character" does not qualify as such and is in fact a sub-category of "FC". Calling such thing a "______ OC" is not acceptable for that very reason. Just as there are OC RPs on darkSpyro and FC RPs, there are those same two terms when referring to characters. Please... do not consider these characters being FCs as an insult or comparing them to the lesser fan characters. It's not-- its just the way things are. Calling them FCs is correct and will not cause any arguments. Calling them OCs is incorrect and will annoy anyone who uses OCs or participates in OC RPs.

If it helps, I in fact have two FCs that I have used in the past. One is "Ganim" and the other was called "Darrin" [Not Darin] at the time. The former was a version of Link and is purely an fan character. I have no doubts whatsoever about this. The later was original in character but set in the "Fire Emblem" universe. That is an unoriginal story, which qualifies him to be an original fan character. However, I would never call him or use "OC" in any scenerio involving him. That would break the set unspoken rules. Instead, he is still an FC. He's a mostly original FC but still none-the-less an FC.

[User Posted Image]
-----
#85 Posted: 00:43:57 09/07/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons

As I said earlier

Spitfire and the other wonderbolt that was posted actually dont have the same mane and tail as my OC. True you can argue the Alicorn wings but that is just 1 piece

I never said that it was just those two specific ponies.

I was saying that you just spliced the spliced from various ponies.

And the mane is almost exactly alike with the ponies you mentioned.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#86 Posted: 01:06:59 09/07/2014
Quote: Big Green
we should just call it an RC (recolored character)

I like this term for this ewww...... The colors are just ew.....

Anyway, this argument is interesting. I side with Trix.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#87 Posted: 01:27:57 09/07/2014

If it helps, I in fact have two FCs that I have used in the past. One is "Ganim" and the other was called "Darrin" [Not Darin the gryphon] at the time. The former was a version of Link and is purely an fan character. I have no doubts whatsoever about this. The later was original in character but set in the "Fire Emblem" universe. That is an unoriginal story, which qualifies him to be an original fan character. However, I would never call him or use "OC" in any scenerio involving him. That would break the set unspoken rules. Instead, he is still an FC. He's a mostly original FC but still none-the-less an FC.

Highly recommended =/= law

FC can have original stories, in the fanbase. Originality is a medium in characteristics. I think what you meant to say is if the character has absolutely anything with a fandom, it's an FC whether it's style or not. You have every right to be annoyed because of the usage of "OC" in a character that's clearly a FC, but it doesn't bash on everyone that uses "____ OC". It's just rude to bash on everyone because of that like they are toxic snakes on life. Perhaps instead of pointing it out in public, you can point out to the person in a PM so we don't get off track of an Roleplay thread.

(I mean this whole situation is a lot like the copyright issue that I try to point to everyone making edits. Except copyright is an actual Law. Now I just PM them about it).
---
icon from Empoh
#88 Posted: 02:23:14 09/07/2014
Again, "______ OC" still has the term OC in it and OC means a 100% original character. Anything involving a fanbase automatically makes that character less then 100% original. That is what OC means and putting a name in front of it does not change its meaning. As for the rest, bringing it out in public informs not just the main user but ALL users. Using "______ OC" is a amateur mistake and people need to know.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:39:22 09/07/2014 by redwes
#89 Posted: 02:59:45 09/07/2014
Again, "______ OC" still has the term OC in it and OC means a 100% original character. Anything involving a fanbase automatically makes that character less then 100% original. That is what OC means and putting a name in front of it does not change its meaning. As for the rest, bringing it out in public informs not just the main user but ALL users. Using "______ OC" is a amateur mistake and people need to know.

It's still a problem. I used to say that too, but it's a PUBLIC ISSUE! That derails threads. And using "____ OC" does make it a clear fan character with the miss usage of OC. Get it I'm not gonna change what I'm saying.
---
icon from Empoh
#90 Posted: 03:02:44 09/07/2014
Then you won't, but why not simply use FC? That is a term that everyone can agree on and won't cause any problems.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:05:10 09/07/2014 by redwes
#91 Posted: 03:06:46 09/07/2014
Then you won't, but why not simply use FC? That is a term that everyone can agree on and won't cause any problems.

Maybe it wouldn't be if it wasn't shoved down their damn throats 24/7!
---
icon from Empoh
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#92 Posted: 03:10:31 09/07/2014
It was made using this:
http://generalzoi.deviantart.c...rsion-254295904
I would call it a GFC-- Generated Fan Character.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#93 Posted: 03:14:19 09/07/2014

the thing is literally only you and about three other people use the term fc
---
#94 Posted: 03:15:19 09/07/2014
@AmethystRose: Now you're just making up terms. smilie To simplify, it's an FC. That pretty much covers anything involving fan characters.

@ReshiramForever: Look up fc on deviantart. There are tons of people who use that term.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:18:21 09/07/2014 by redwes
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#95 Posted: 03:18:26 09/07/2014
Sorry, just wanted to help. smilie
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#96 Posted: 03:20:53 09/07/2014

Though it still ends up a spam problem that derails topics. There was an RP I somewhat wanted to participate in that simply ended up never happening thanks to an argument similar to this with people spamming the topic with posts badgering the creator to change the term they used in the OP.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#97 Posted: 03:22:23 09/07/2014
@AmethystRose: Now you're just making up terms. -_- To simplify, it's an FC. That pretty much covers anything involving fan characters.

@ReshiramForever: Look up fc on deviantart. There are tons of people who use that term.

oh yes, looking up fc on deviantart

most of those are fan clubs, with literally three things even mentioning in the usage of fan character. look at what you're ****ing trying to prove before you look like an idiot
---
#98 Posted: 03:28:15 09/07/2014
Quote: Seiki
Though it still ends up a spam problem that derails topics. There was an RP I somewhat wanted to participate in that simply ended up never happening thanks to an argument similar to this with people spamming the topic with posts badgering the creator to change the term they used in the OP.
I think I remember a topic like that. The creator had "OC ONLY" in the title when they actually wanted only fan characters. They got users wanting to join with actual OCs and some others simply tried to help. All they had to do had change one letter and the issue would have been resolved.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me