Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Where do you think this website would be without Skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
Where do you think this website would be without Skylanders? [CLOSED]
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1 Posted: 21:44:22 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I want to hear your opinions.

I came along with the Skylanders wave of users, and as such, never got to see Darkspyro before then. However, This is what I've gathered after 2 years, From what I've heard not a lot happened for a while after the LOZ trilogy ended, then Skylanders hit and the website grew with tons of new users, but what if Skylanders never came and Spyro didn't do anything else after LOZ? Would this site even exist?

There aren't any clear right or wrong answers, but I just want to hear your take on this.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#2 Posted: 21:51:53 06/07/2014
i wouldnt know i came with the skylanders

but it would exist *nods head* yes
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#3 Posted: 21:56:37 06/07/2014
This forum was still super popular even before Skylanders. I think that it would still exist, and that it would be filled with old users in S&N and Idle Chatter mainly, with the occasional new user joining. Of course, it wouldn't be nearly as buzzing as it is today, but there are a handful of users here that love this place and stay. Dark probably wouldn't post much News tho. And because of the lack of News, he wouldn't be on here much, and there would probably be more Hunters. Then again, now that I rethink it, there might not be any Hunters, except for one or two, due to the fact that nobody would hardly ever join.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#4 Posted: 00:34:56 07/07/2014
Probably have adult or young adult users joining in more than kids.
And more quiet. Stupidity would be more embarrassing to see. Eh..

Though I like quiet, I wouldn't have met some great users. So I'm ok with it having Skylanders.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#5 Posted: 01:09:13 07/07/2014
Quote: wspyro
Probably have adult or young adult users joining in more than kids.
And more quiet. Stupidity would be more embarrassing to see. Eh..

Though I like quiet, I wouldn't have met some great users. So I'm ok with it having Skylanders.

Same, except for the last sentence.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10205
#6 Posted: 02:03:05 07/07/2014
Come modern days, I think that if this Skylander phenomenon hadn't blossomed the way it did, these forums wouldn't have been as popular as they are now. Of course dS is the leading website in the Internet to get knowledge about the games and their fans etc. but Skylanders is huge and its fanbase is too. I think that withouht Skylanders these forums would have eventually become a chat for old-school Spyro fanatics and the main point of the forums would have transformed from gaming to everyday life -based conversations.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#7 Posted: 18:51:49 07/07/2014
I think this website would've been, wait for it... WAIT for it...
The Internet
---
now its time to get funky
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#8 Posted: 03:43:10 08/07/2014
No new users would come, and the old ones would gradually leave. In other words: it would be DOOMED.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:53 10/07/2014 by Ryanator20x6
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 05:57:25 08/07/2014
Considerably less active (you can't deny that the Skylanders boards are by far the most used on the site now), but still maintaining a small trickle of new users to balance out any old ones who decide to leave the community.

It would be less a message board for people to discuss Skylanders and more of an actual community who stay to interact with each other and mess around. The Off Topic sections (particularly S&N) would be the most popular sections. And while Spyro sections may see some activity now and then, it would slowly die out to where the transformation of it being a community/general forum for off topic discussion would be complete.

In other words, it would be like early 2011.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 11:30:37 08/07/2014
I would not have come here and met all you awesome people.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#11 Posted: 21:40:02 08/07/2014
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#12 Posted: 15:25:10 09/07/2014
Chances are the website would mainly be for original and LoS fans. Otherwise it would probably be like everyone said; the site wouldn't be as active and most of the discussion would be off-topic. Though all the situations on the site involving skyros would have never happened, i.e. the gnarly incident.
---
Cool cool.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#13 Posted: 18:16:27 10/07/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I want to hear your opinions.

I came along with the Skylanders wave of users, and as such, never got to see Darkspyro before then. However, This is what I've gathered after 2 years, From what I've heard not a lot happened for a while after the LOZ trilogy ended, then Skylanders hit and the website grew with tons of new users, but what if Skylanders never came and Spyro didn't do anything else after LOZ? Would this site even exist?

There aren't any clear right or wrong answers, but I just want to hear your take on this.

...What is it with these questions? They make me want to grind my teeth. Is the answer just not obvious to some people?

Quote: My response to the topic "What will happen to darkspyro when the skylander series ends!?"
What makes Skylanders so damn special? This website was operating long before Skylanders were released. There are other Spyro games to discuss. Forums that are dedicated to TV shows, games and other subjects that have already ended or aren't occurring currently are still alive.

-----

It's almost if you're saying "If something isn't occurring now, It shouldn't be talked about." History and past events will always be there to discuss, the past may never change, but that only makes them easier to talk about rather than a current occurrence that has yet to make a lasting impression and solid features and ideas to think about.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:37:20 10/07/2014 by Spyro Fanatic
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#14 Posted: 18:53:21 10/07/2014
It would be like it was almost three years ago now.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#15 Posted: 00:09:24 11/07/2014
i reckon it would be active, but less about spyro and more just general chit chat
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#16 Posted: 08:36:54 12/07/2014
Quote: Ryanator20x6
No new users would come, and the old ones would gradually leave. In other words: it would be DOOMED.

It would be doomed? I wouldn't over-react as far to say that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#17 Posted: 09:29:30 12/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Quote: LunarDistortion

...What is it with these questions? They make me want to grind my teeth. Is the answer just not obvious to some people?

Quote: My response to the topic "What will happen to darkspyro when the skylander series ends!?"
What makes Skylanders so damn special? This website was operating long before Skylanders were released. There are other Spyro games to discuss. Forums that are dedicated to TV shows, games and other subjects that have already ended or aren't occurring currently are still alive.

-----

It's almost if you're saying "If something isn't occurring now, It shouldn't be talked about." History and past events will always be there to discuss, the past may never change, but that only makes them easier to talk about rather than a current occurrence that has yet to make a lasting impression and solid features and ideas to think about.

The reason why I ask is just to hear others opinions on a hypothetical situation, I think it's fun to think about what things would be like without other events happening.

I'm not saying that at all, i'm asking for others opinions on what Darkspyro would be like if Legend of Spyro was the last of the Spyro games. I understand that we can talk about history, but that's something that changes how Darkspyro would be, instead of all the discussion and analysis going towards Skylanders, it would be about the originals.

I really don't understand how you got that out of this topic.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me