Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > What I hate about parents of "gamers"
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What I hate about parents of "gamers" [CLOSED]
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#51 Posted: 20:34:10 06/07/2014
Quote: awesomerockets
Quote: Cynderfan507
Quote: Trix Master 100

Same here

I know I might stereotyping first person shooters here, but all seem to be basically the same game over and over, sure I see some differences like in the Halo series and such. But most First Person shooters don't seem to improve on the gameplay and only add in things. And a good amount now have zombies in it. I mean really, all you need for a best seller is not improve the gameplay, just add a zombie that's it. There's to many first person shooters in my opinion and not a lot of interesting kid's games. We still got Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and such. But some of those games have an age thing for a reason.

My brother thinks games like Call of Duty are the best games ever and that every video game that I play (or that isn't rated T or M) is boring, childish and crappy.

I was purchasing a copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising and some seven year old kid saw and said "You seriously want that gay baby game?"

How can a baby be gay? smilie
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#52 Posted: 20:37:29 06/07/2014
ANYONE WHO INSULTS SLY COOPER MUST BE-

very bad at picking video game.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#53 Posted: 20:42:26 06/07/2014
Quote: assassinelf
ANYONE WHO PLAYS SLY COOPER MUST BE-

very bad at picking video game.

Fixed. smilie
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#54 Posted: 20:43:46 06/07/2014
I wasn't insulting your brother. Though disdain for Sly Cooper makes it hard not to.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#55 Posted: 20:52:59 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ryanator20x6

My favorites were 4,6, 8, 9, and 10

4: smilie GTA is fine but Call of Duty isn't?
6: Lolz the moment that lady finds out about Bronies, she is going to have a heart attack and her son is going to be shooting stuff with a toy gun
8: And this is why you listen to the cashier. Also violence equals slower service so he certainly got what was coming to him
9. NICE just NICE
10: Oh the kid was doing the game switcheroo to hide violent games and he got caught smilie
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#56 Posted: 21:56:30 06/07/2014
Quote: kardonis
True that. I'm only BARELY legal to play those games where I live (17, and canada respectively) yet I don't. Why? They don't interest me.

Same here

I know I might stereotyping first person shooters here, but all seem to be basically the same game over and over, sure I see some differences like in the Halo series and such. But most First Person shooters don't seem to improve on the gameplay and only add in things. And a good amount now have zombies in it. I mean really, all you need for a best seller is not improve the gameplay, just add a zombie that's it. There's to many first person shooters in my opinion and not a lot of interesting kid's games. We still got Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and such. But some of those games have an age thing for a reason.

My brother thinks games like Call of Duty are the best games ever and that every video game that I play (or that isn't rated T or M) is boring, childish and crappy.

Well he's a little turd that can't see for himself on the **** in the call of duty gameplay. Step 1 to being a gamer never get call of duty.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#57 Posted: 22:31:00 06/07/2014
I really hate how almost EVERYONE (guys that is) I know has been playing CoD, GTA, Halo, etc. since they were only around...5-6. I didn't get a Wii until I was 8-9. And I still haven't played a single FPS. I'm twelve.
---
#hu
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#58 Posted: 22:34:18 06/07/2014
I actually like COd and Battlefieild. :/
#59 Posted: 22:44:09 06/07/2014
I've never played CoD
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#60 Posted: 23:13:13 06/07/2014

Same here

I hate people like that. Someone once told me "If it doesn't have guns and cussing in it then it's a baby game" and I just wanted to smack him. Another time when I was at Wal-Mart (Probably should stop going there) I was purchasing a copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising and some seven year old kid saw and said "You seriously want that gay baby game?" I just wanted to yell "SCREW YOU, *****" and beat him with a nearby cardboard cutout of Superman, but I was in public so that wouldn't have been the best idea.

HOW DARE HE

KID ICARUS: UPRISING IS THE SINGLE MOST AMAZING GAME ON THE 3DS

SOMEONE GET ME AN EARTHMAUL CLUB
---
you never saw me
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#61 Posted: 23:16:33 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: I-Brawler

I hate people like that. Someone once told me "If it doesn't have guns and cussing in it then it's a baby game" and I just wanted to smack him. Another time when I was at Wal-Mart (Probably should stop going there) I was purchasing a copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising and some seven year old kid saw and said "You seriously want that gay baby game?" I just wanted to yell "SCREW YOU, *****" and beat him with a nearby cardboard cutout of Superman, but I was in public so that wouldn't have been the best idea.

HOW DARE HE

KID ICARUS: UPRISING IS THE SINGLE MOST AMAZING GAME ON THE 3DS

SOMEONE GET ME AN EARTHMAUL CLUB

What about the Cancer Claws Zodiac weapon? I find them way more effective to kill haters
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#62 Posted: 23:37:37 06/07/2014
I played CoD before, eh, it was just as I expected. Shoot things. I agree with the fact about the fanbases though. CoD is notorious for trolls, ragers, young kids who cry, people who play the game to get young kids to cry, and so on.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#63 Posted: 23:49:55 06/07/2014
I've never played CoD. The only game I've ever played that I was under the age limit for was South Park The Stick of Truth
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#64 Posted: 23:59:16 06/07/2014
Quote: paddyfitz
I've never played CoD. The only game I've ever played that I was under the age limit for was South Park The Stick of Truth

High Five!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#65 Posted: 00:00:54 07/07/2014
I played Call of Duty once and I found it to be extremely boring. I didn't even finish the mission or whatever that I was doing.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#66 Posted: 00:28:34 07/07/2014
My friend kept bothering me to play battlefield and halo in art during school. He showed me some battlefield gameplay. Is that stuff seriously rated M

Leave the kid alone.

But the kids that are saying that other games suck just cause they feel like shooting stuff can take a rusty fork and brush their teeth with it
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#67 Posted: 01:57:34 07/07/2014
I never found an interest in them. I never had an interest in guns or any of that stuff in the first place. But my friend constantly obsesses over it, so I get mad and annoyed.
---
now its time to get funky
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10216
#68 Posted: 02:50:32 07/07/2014
Well... it is good that you did not involve yourself in game-buying situation in your case. The buying process of the game when the buyer is not of a legal age is a problem between parents etc. If one has been given the right to play games out of one's legal age limits, it is ok.

Your story reminds me about a time when my 20+-year old friend tried to buy a 16+-rated game, he was asked to show official identification to the sales-person. But that was very uninteresting story and I am very ashamed to even tell you about that case. The point is that I haven't been asked for ID in over a year even if, I’m a legitimate adult citizen of my country.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#69 Posted: 02:54:32 07/07/2014
I only like some of the CoD games. Advanced Warfare is actually making me interested in picking it up.
---
words. letters. filler.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#70 Posted: 03:01:21 07/07/2014
I could care less about age restrictions. I joined Facebook at 11, Flight Rising at 12, Gears Of War at 8, Halo at 9, and so many more things.
#71 Posted: 03:09:57 07/07/2014
COD is to hectic. Battlefield is too boring. Halo is the only multiplayer FPS that I really liked.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me