Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Holy CRAP! [CLOSED]
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#1 Posted: 03:33:27 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
The creator of Clarence got fired because he sexually harassed a co-worker of his! I wonder what'll happen to the rest of the crew. It seemed like Skyler Page really did nothing except voice Clarence... Wait? WHO WILL VOICE CLARENCE?!? This is confusing the crap out of me

Link:http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/...mily-partridge/

Thoughts? Discuss!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 03:35:47 06/07/2014
I only saw 11 minutes of that show and I loved it!
#3 Posted: 03:36:36 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I wonder if it's gonna get cancelled now. I hope not! I love Clarence.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 03:38:18 06/07/2014
Yeah the creator got the boot for sexually harassing a female co worker. The show considering the loss of the creator might be cancelled.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#5 Posted: 03:38:57 06/07/2014
I don't watch Clarence (I was planning on maybe checking it out because I saw a couple snippets of two of the episodes and it didn't seem too bad, but still) so if it's cancelled it's not like I'll really care, but I'll certainly feel bad for the fans of the show. That is pretty surprising to hear though.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:02 06/07/2014 by LevanJess
#6 Posted: 03:40:13 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LevanJess
I don't watch Clarence so if it's cancelled it's not like I'll really care, but I'll certainly feel bad for the fans of the show. That is pretty surprising to hear though.

The creator was bipolar and acting particularly that day.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#7 Posted: 03:40:28 06/07/2014
The show seemed stupid to me anyway, so eh.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#8 Posted: 03:41:53 06/07/2014
Quote: Seiki
The show seemed stupid to me anyway, so eh.....

- - -
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#9 Posted: 13:28:01 06/07/2014
Meh, never really cared for the show, so I won't care.

but holy crap, that is quite a way to get a show cancelled. smilie
---
Cool cool.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#10 Posted: 13:34:34 06/07/2014
I found Clarence amusing. I will be kind of upset if it gets cancelled.
---
now its time to get funky
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#11 Posted: 15:10:46 06/07/2014
It isn't being cancelled, CN has said that they'd continue the show without Page's involvement. Clarence's new voice actor has released an in-character apology, I believe.

Don't worry.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#12 Posted: 15:15:46 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever
It isn't being cancelled, CN has said that they'd continue the show without Page's involvement. Clarence's new voice actor has released an in-character apology, I believe.

Don't worry.

YES! That's good. I just now started to appreciate the show for it's humor
#13 Posted: 21:43:35 06/07/2014
Ok... did anyone else notice that the creator is a MALE named Skyler?
---
#14 Posted: 22:16:10 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

So...
#15 Posted: 22:17:34 06/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

So...

I was always taught that Skyler was a female's name. Well I don't know if I'm wrong... Whatever. That's just how I was taught.
---
#16 Posted: 22:22:59 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Toynerd14

So...

I was always taught that Skyler was a female's name. Well I don't know if I'm wrong... Whatever. That's just how I was taught.

Skyler seems pretty ambiguous to me.
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#17 Posted: 22:31:56 06/07/2014
I was taught skyler was ambiguous.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#18 Posted: 23:19:24 06/07/2014
Haven't watched Clarence (don't intend to, no offense but it looks absolutely awful, from the animation to the humor, but that's just my opinion), but from what I've seen I can't say I'll miss it in the least.
Sorry for the victim of the harassment though.

Really almost all of Cartoon Network is wretched at this point, DC Nation cancelled, the few decent shows remaining don't seem to air hardly (they have picked up Detentionaire, but only on demand, and given this culture and the sorry state of what most kids like to watch, I doubt it'll stay long. Seriously hoping America proves me wrong though), I could gripe about them all day.

Honestly, you'd think they'd learn from Airbender and Korra, you can make a show that appeals to all ages, isn't extremely idiotic or crude or dull, sells merch, is well received by fans and critics alike, and most importantly, doesn't need to be cancelled.

Maybe I'm just gripey due to my refined sense of entertainment...
You know, cultured stuff like Spongebob XD

Though seriously, I can't stand the majority of modern children's entertainment (or tween or teen or adult either).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#19 Posted: 23:23:31 06/07/2014
Quote: Doomslicer
Haven't watched Clarence (don't intend to, no offense but it looks absolutely awful, from the animation to the humor, but that's just my opinion), but from what I've seen I can't say I'll miss it in the least.

Really almost all of Cartoon Network is wretched at this point, DC Nation cancelled, the few decent shows remaining don't seem to air hardly (they have picked up Detentionaire, but only on demand, and given this culture and the sorry state of what most kids like to watch, I doubt it'll stay long. Seriously hoping America proves me wrong though), I could gripe about them all day.

Honestly, you'd think they'd learn from Airbender and Korra, you can make a show that appeals to all ages, isn't extremely idiotic or crude or dull, sells merch, is well received by fans and critics alike, and most importantly, doesn't need to be cancelled.

You know, cultured stuff like Spongebob smilie

Though seriously, I can't stand the majority of modern children's entertainment (or tween or teen or adult either).

I couldn't agree more. Just thinking of the stuff that CN and Nick try to pass off as "entertainment" makes me cringe.

Remember this ****?

forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=79591

Just watching the commercials for it made me feel like I was high, drunk, and mentally insane all at the same time.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#20 Posted: 23:25:42 06/07/2014
While I am not a fan of the show, I feel for those who are affected by this.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#21 Posted: 23:31:29 06/07/2014

You know, cultured stuff like Spongebob smilie

This. Sooooo much. I used to actually like cartoons....now they're just retarded. And don't get me started on Disney shows.
---
#hu
#22 Posted: 23:32:01 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey, at least we have Gravity Falls and Nick TMNT!
Gage Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#23 Posted: 23:34:24 06/07/2014
Looks just as bad as every other cartoon series nowadays, what about it?
---
Got it Memorized?
#24 Posted: 23:37:00 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gage
Looks just as bad as every other cartoon series nowadays, what about it?

Have you even watched it? I at least give shows chances before I watch them. I watched BreadWinners plus Sanjay and Craig before hating them.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#25 Posted: 02:03:42 07/07/2014
Quote: Rickorio

You know, cultured stuff like Spongebob XD

This. Sooooo much. I used to actually like cartoons....now they're just retarded. And don't get me started on Disney shows.

The first two seasons of A.N.T. Farm were palatable (as in they actually could give an occasional laugh, plus would appear to have more adult writers with all the innuendo they got away with), and Austin and Ally at least doesn't have near as bratty a cast (but unfortunately still isn't very funny), but yes, the Disneycoms (and Nickcoms, too, Big Time Rush notwithstanding) are awful. Though they're still better than Uncle Grandpa *shudders*

Total Drama would be good, but all the gross-out humor just ruins it (Grojband at least for the most part has managable grossness levels, aside from a few episodes). TTGo! actually is occasionally funny (and given that they get away with bed scenes and tons more stuff, it's debatable how much of a kids' show it is), but also is downgraded by all the randomness and crudeness.

For those of you who want a cartoon that starts out pretty good and gets great, and actually respects your intelligence (a lot of things in the first season or two that seem random or played for laughs, will actually become quite relevant later on), not to mention mocks teendom, look up Detentionaire. Starts out a satirical high school sitcom and turns into a (still satirical) conspiracy dramadey, definitely recommend.

And Transformers Prime. May be a cartoon, but other than annoying human comedic relief, it's a brutal deconstruction of the series. I almost wouldn't call it for kids at all at points (remove a few things and it wouldn't be a "kid's show" at all).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me