Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Found Frito Lay Fire Bone Hot Dog bag of chips at my Walmart tonight!!!
First | Previous | Page 9 of 14 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Found Frito Lay Fire Bone Hot Dog bag of chips at my Walmart tonight!!! [CLOSED]
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#401 Posted: 04:28:17 28/07/2014
Quote: Thunder_Cracker
Quote: KrazyBoomer
Quote: trixster68
[User Posted Image]
Another fail! I think the blipar app is just a way to send out coupons and not give away anything! This promotion sucks! I thought quick draw was bad this takes the cake on why things like this are going to quit getting played and used! I want the contest back when it was like pumpkin fright rider buy chips eat chips enter codes and when it was fun and this time is so lame! Oh well Frito lay tried I guess but it still sucks that the only way to win in not play.....
Oh hey I deleted my blippar on my phone and Ipad and erased the numbers from my phone. I'm out like CM punk and done with this contest.

I Won via App and hope I get mine.

When did you win?

I won 2nd day
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#402 Posted: 10:33:28 28/07/2014
[User Posted Image]
Another fail! I think the blipar app is just a way to send out coupons and not give away anything! This promotion sucks! I thought quick draw was bad this takes the cake on why things like this are going to quit getting played and used! I want the contest back when it was like pumpkin fright rider buy chips eat chips enter codes and when it was fun and this time is so lame! Oh well Frito lay tried I guess but it still sucks that the only way to win in not play.....
Oh hey I deleted my blippar on my phone and Ipad and erased the numbers from my phone. I'm out like CM punk and done with this contest.

i think the contest was borked by two different things that happened which wouldn't have from the last ones. the blipar app's giving out either false positives for winners or losers that's supposed to be winners and in that messes with calling in now or playing the app. secondly someone on reddit shared the info about the game so the reason why most can't win now is it's mainstream and remember how many skylanders fans there are. instead of it confined to just those that frequent forums in the know now every body does. expect there to be a plethora of people playing and still playing and most likely more scalpers doing so to get tons of free hot dogs.

i haven't won since the 3rd or 4th day of the contest either and that was over 2 weeks ago and i check the phone for relatives just in case in trying to get them one too and it's been all losers. i think they need to go back to the whole inputing codes and website use only. call ins i knew was going to be very hard to do along with an app at the same time. i got a feeling they expended many winners within the first few days (that's why so many people could win so many at once and now they can't) and with so much to get back onto, there's probably a drought in there with less winners a day
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#403 Posted: 17:16:01 28/07/2014
Quote: tigerdr
[User Posted Image]

i think the contest was borked by two different things that happened which wouldn't have from the last ones. the blipar app's giving out either false positives for winners or losers that's supposed to be winners and in that messes with calling in now or playing the app. secondly someone on reddit shared the info about the game so the reason why most can't win now is it's mainstream and remember how many skylanders fans there are. instead of it confined to just those that frequent forums in the know now every body does. expect there to be a plethora of people playing and still playing and most likely more scalpers doing so to get tons of free hot dogs.

i haven't won since the 3rd or 4th day of the contest either and that was over 2 weeks ago and i check the phone for relatives just in case in trying to get them one too and it's been all losers. i think they need to go back to the whole inputing codes and website use only. call ins i knew was going to be very hard to do along with an app at the same time. i got a feeling they expended many winners within the first few days (that's why so many people could win so many at once and now they can't) and with so much to get back onto, there's probably a drought in there with less winners a day

Amen to that! So long as they don't pull the BS that was with the Fright Rider one, where most people can't find them until the very last month, a code and a website is so much better! I actually won one for Fright Rider and Quickdraw when they did a website. This I can't get anything from the phone and I don't own a device to run that stupid app.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#404 Posted: 18:12:27 28/07/2014
secondly someone on reddit shared the info about the game so the reason why most can't win now is it's mainstream and remember how many skylanders fans there are.

Pfft. You know on darkSpyro that literally anyone can read it right? The Skylanders subreddit maybe has 10-20 people per day visiting it at any one time. This site probably averages that in a few minutes. People knew about this contest not from any outside source but because of this very forum. We are one of the biggest sites out there for Skylanders news (if not THE biggest, and literally every random other blog about Skylanders news links back to here anyways

i think they need to go back to the whole inputing codes and website use only.

Now this is what they need to do. What exactly was the point in having people scan the bag? I mean, that absolutely ensures that no one buys the product you're selling for the promotion. They need to go back exactly like you said, to the codes on the website. Put a code on a card (or just print it inside the bag), sell the bag and boom..there's your winner. You may not win, but I think it'd give everyone a much fairer shot at it (especially early on). It also ensures that even if the message for people to play gets shared around, you wont have people just randomly playing (like I assume probably are for this and the last few promotions) but you also don't alienate any fans. There's lots of fans out there (even ones not on this forum!) and they deserve to play just as much as we do.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:13:28 28/07/2014 by spyroflame0487
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#405 Posted: 04:03:45 29/07/2014
I really dislike this contest. I'm done playing.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#406 Posted: 01:10:29 30/07/2014
Yeah its looking to be as bad as Quickdraw Rattle Shake....think im done also.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#407 Posted: 01:29:46 30/07/2014
This --in my opinion--is much much worse, so far--than any of the other contests. I hope it turns around.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#408 Posted: 02:43:56 30/07/2014
Quote: UncleBob
it's good there's more people coming out and winning on these. that's awesome. hopefully there'll be less people in panic mode by september 5th when it ends lol

Nope. There will be those complaining that it's rigged, how unfair it is, swearing off Frito Lay, accusing scalpers of getting them all, etc. etc.

Circle of Life...

Called it. smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#409 Posted: 23:01:25 30/07/2014
it's good there's more people coming out and winning on these. that's awesome. hopefully there'll be less people in panic mode by september 5th when it ends lol

Nope. There will be those complaining that it's rigged, how unfair it is, swearing off Frito Lay, accusing scalpers of getting them all, etc. etc.

Circle of Life...

Called it. smilie

I made the thing

[User Posted Image]
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#410 Posted: 23:11:08 30/07/2014
Love it!...glad I got mine early.... This happens every time... Took me almost month and a half to win my last QDRS
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#411 Posted: 06:21:41 02/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Found the Frito Display at my Walmart. Entered to win the Game Truck. Suppose to find out after the 15th of August if I won anything.
Has anyone else find the Frito Display?
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#412 Posted: 17:57:39 02/08/2014
I see what the "cycle" is and don't disagree. But dI you think people ARE winning now? It seems like someone would be posting a win if there were winners. With quick draw people consistently won. Am I misunderstanding something?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#413 Posted: 18:10:09 02/08/2014
I haven't won, but I haven't played.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
star kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 917
#414 Posted: 22:48:30 02/08/2014
I've only started playing this week and have had no luck. We've used the app on several devices and called using different numbers every day this week....and nothing.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#415 Posted: 00:08:55 03/08/2014

Circle of Life...

Called it. smilie

Does everything make you happy?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#416 Posted: 00:16:32 03/08/2014
What, am I supposed to surround myself with stuff that makes me miserable?
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#417 Posted: 21:17:27 04/08/2014
First ones are showing up on eBay: one with a Buy It Now price of $899...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frito-...=item2a416cf0ff
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#418 Posted: 21:49:45 04/08/2014
these figures look AWESOME, but they are impossible to win...
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#419 Posted: 22:07:25 04/08/2014
[User Posted Image]

There's a picture of the green one.

Supposedly, I only have ONE coming to my house. Hopefully this is incorrect and I'll be getting one of each, or else they'll be getting an earful.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:41 04/08/2014 by Matteomax
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#420 Posted: 23:06:50 04/08/2014
That looks awesome! Still no winners after the first 4-5 days?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#421 Posted: 01:04:23 05/08/2014
Haven't heard of a soul on here win since the first few days. I think I won on the first and second day, I say think because I might have failed to fully enter all information - sigh- . I have not received any confirmation , phone call, package or anything yet. If I do receive two of the same kind I am down for someones idea of trading on here to get a different color one than what i have. Did someone say they were requesting a winners sheet of confirmed winners? What happenned to that?
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#422 Posted: 01:58:59 05/08/2014
Matteomax, how did you confirm?
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#423 Posted: 02:25:44 05/08/2014
So is this stupid promo done? No one seems to be winning anymore.
#424 Posted: 02:41:22 05/08/2014
Quote: stoat2337
Matteomax, how did you confirm?

Through the actual game hotline. Press 0 when the announcer asks if you want to play/hear the rules.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#425 Posted: 03:07:04 05/08/2014
Where can I find the number again?
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#426 Posted: 03:17:41 05/08/2014
1-800-978-3765
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#427 Posted: 04:49:33 05/08/2014
It was hard enough finding Fire Bone with the corresponding wave.......( kicks rocks on ground ).
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#428 Posted: 05:27:28 05/08/2014
I just got hit by a flying rock dang that hurt and where did it come from?
Don't worry after 12-31-2014 this dog will hunt because he will be released sometime in 2015 just like quick draw rattle shake is and I have seen hundreds of QDRS last few days makes me sick.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:29:26 05/08/2014 by trixster68
#429 Posted: 05:50:27 05/08/2014
Don't worry after 12-31-2014 this dog will hunt because he will be released sometime in 2015 just like quick draw rattle shake is and I have seen hundreds of QDRS last few days makes me sick.

I'd almost make a bet against you on that. smilie
#430 Posted: 06:00:25 05/08/2014
Ok Uncle Bob why else would the bag say that it is exclusive until 12-31-14? Don't you think that Acti is just in it for the money now. If they didn't care about the money the Quick Draws would have only be winning figures from Frito Lay only and now they are out almost ever where for sale. So I see clear hot dogs coming out next summer at a store near everyone. Besides what difference does it make we are all going to try and win him and buy as many skylanders as we can it just ain't going to stop until the next big thing comes out.
---
#431 Posted: 07:19:35 05/08/2014
I hope my 1 win counts!
When should we expect to receive them?
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#432 Posted: 08:28:02 05/08/2014

I'd almost make a bet against you on that. smilie

I'd almost do the same.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#433 Posted: 12:09:11 05/08/2014
Ok Uncle Bob why else would the bag say that it is exclusive until 12-31-14? Don't you think that Acti is just in it for the money now. If they didn't care about the money the Quick Draws would have only be winning figures from Frito Lay only and now they are out almost ever where for sale. So I see clear hot dogs coming out next summer at a store near everyone. Besides what difference does it make we are all going to try and win him and buy as many skylanders as we can it just ain't going to stop until the next big thing comes out.

I'm pretty sure this has already been discussed, but I believe all of the contests have said that. Quickdraw RattleShake is completely different as it is an in-game variant. None of the other Frito-Lay variants have ever been released. There's no reason to expect this one to be.
#434 Posted: 13:23:16 05/08/2014

If you're Activision and in it for the money, do you print up more of the variant people already have or do you print a new variant no one has?
#435 Posted: 13:29:57 05/08/2014
Hmmph. I have an idea.

If someone on here gets theirs, can they PLEASE post a picture of the barcode on the packaging? If it says "Not for resale" on the packaging, we probably won't get a retail release of him, but if they have a unique barcode (different than the normal Fire Bone Hot Dog), it's highly possible that we'll get a retail release for him.

Besides, aren't those colors pretty Christmas-y?
---
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#436 Posted: 13:43:49 05/08/2014
Did you talk to an actual person or do you just put in your phone number to find out how many you are getting? I am curious how it works. THANKS!
#437 Posted: 13:47:21 05/08/2014
I talked with an actual person.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#438 Posted: 14:12:42 05/08/2014
I didn't expect him to be clear, figured he would be normal with a colored fire on the bone. He actually looks great. I won one early on, but stopped after that. Hope I get him soon.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#439 Posted: 15:34:17 05/08/2014
I just called to confirm and the person said the phone-in wins haven't been fully processed yet (mine wasn't in the system, and I won on day 2 via phone). So people who've won that way: don't panic if your toy doesn't arrive soon. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't get one.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#440 Posted: 16:15:24 05/08/2014
Mine just came in! Got purple, looks awesome!
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#441 Posted: 16:17:57 05/08/2014
@KrazyBoomer -- would you post photo of the purple figure, and the barcode on the bottom, when you have time? Thx.
#442 Posted: 16:35:57 05/08/2014
I'll get the pic later
No barcode, its says "Not For Resale"
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#443 Posted: 16:47:05 05/08/2014
I just got hit by a flying rock dang that hurt and where did it come from?

The only former contest Skylanders that were ever put for retail were regular Skylanders and the one in-game variant. They have never taken a chase variant from their contests and put them on retail. So by looking at the track record of the chase variants, I'd say the odds of this coming to stores is next to none. They have to put the "exclusive until" note there because Activision has the right to make it a retail release any time they want after the contest is over. It's that way with any and all of these contests. However, just because they can doesn't mean they will, and the history of chase variants shows us that they don't.

Edit: Plus I remember seeing the exclusive note on the Fright Rider contest bags too.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:05 05/08/2014 by Eggers
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#444 Posted: 17:16:34 05/08/2014
Yessss!!!! I just got one of mine in too!!!!! I can't wait to open it! I'll post a pic later. I had it shipped to my parents house because I'm away at school, so I gotta wait a bit to get it today when I see them later. smilie I really hope ladala is correct about the phone wins not being processed yet, because I won 4, 3 by phone and 1 by app, so only the app one came in so far.
#445 Posted: 17:56:28 05/08/2014
I came home to find 2 boxes on my doorstep. Both had this in it:

[User Posted Image]

Both of them were red. I kind of like the red one, but was hoping for green since that's my son's favorite color. Oh well. I was glad to see 2 because I only won one that I knew of. I won on the phone. However, I also got that email saying I was a potential winner, so I must have got the other one through that. However, if it's true that they haven't processed any of the phone wins, then I wonder if I somehow won 2 through the "potential winner" email which I assume is from the app. My bet, though, would be that one of them is from the phone win. But I'd like to be wrong.
#446 Posted: 17:59:54 05/08/2014
On another note, I finally saw the in-store display, today. My cell service isn't currently working so I wasn't able to scan it, but I did decide to take a couple of pics.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:05 05/08/2014 by obidawsn
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#447 Posted: 18:08:44 05/08/2014
Still having trouble winning this one. If anyone has extras can you please pm before putting them on ebay. i dont have alot of money so i cant promise to buy them right away but i will as soon as i have the money
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#448 Posted: 18:25:25 05/08/2014
And the eBay madness has begun. Saw one bid up to $284 already.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Theliquorshop Yellow Sparx Gems: 1206
#449 Posted: 18:48:32 05/08/2014
just called frito lay and verified all 3 of my wins. They were shipped out on the 31st. Hoping for one of each color.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#450 Posted: 19:09:50 05/08/2014
Theliquorshop, when were your wins? Were they all by phone?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
First | Previous | Page 9 of 14 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me