Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Buttered Pop Thorn Hut [CLOSED]
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#1 Posted: 12:23:13 26/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Saw a message whilst the game is loading about it being available this weekend only exclusively with a gem pack. I hope this means we don't have to actually purchase it. As I have plenty of gems to buy it with.
Anyone else seen this, or seen the hut as I can't see it yet?
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#2 Posted: 12:46:00 26/06/2014
Saw the same message. Said exclusively with the gem pack, so I think for now you have to buy the gem pack to get the hut, or wait until they bring it to the store some time in the future.
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#3 Posted: 15:35:06 26/06/2014
It will be available for gems eventually. They're just trying to get money out of those who are too anxious. I for one am going to wait.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#4 Posted: 17:10:34 26/06/2014
Quote: kaferserene
It will be available for gems eventually. They're just trying to get money out of those who are too anxious. I for one am going to wait.

It's entirely possible it won't be available other than this one opportunity. This happened with the Thumpback statue. It was only available through a gem pack purchase and since hasn't shown up in the store ever again.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#5 Posted: 17:46:41 26/06/2014
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
It's entirely possible it won't be available other than this one opportunity. This happened with the Thumpback statue. It was only available through a gem pack purchase and since hasn't shown up in the store ever again.

Not quite true. I know the Thumpback Statue did become available as a regular item, because I recently bought it for gems. Don't remember how many. I think it might have been when decorations went on sale. It certainly wasn't advertised though - I was just looking at everything available and happened to see it in the list.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#6 Posted: 18:52:27 26/06/2014
It was pretty cheap. 50-75 gems maybe? Something like that.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#7 Posted: 00:51:33 27/06/2014
Looks kinda weird. ha!

[User Posted Image]
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
bytebandit01 Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#8 Posted: 04:43:35 27/06/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Quote: Nroc-Nuika

Not quite true. I know the Thumpback Statue did become available as a regular item, because I recently bought it for gems. Don't remember how many. I think it might have been when decorations went on sale. It certainly wasn't advertised though - I was just looking at everything available and happened to see it in the list.

I got him on sale also just this last memorial day..
Vtown Green Sparx Gems: 397
#9 Posted: 09:25:48 27/06/2014
at least it was cheap smilie
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#10 Posted: 09:30:23 27/06/2014
I like the hut but I'll wait for it to be available in the store. I've promised myself not to spend anymore money on this game.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7069
#11 Posted: 18:08:36 27/06/2014
Quote: Star Dragon
I like the hut but I'll wait for it to be available in the store. I've promised myself not to spend anymore money on this game.

Ha ha.. I promised myself I would never spend a single penny on the game. It had better be avail in the store later on. That would be super bogus if it was not. A real ripper.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#12 Posted: 12:33:10 28/06/2014
My crew has spent very little on the game so far (app, not counting the Skylanders figures, omg...), so we kicked in for the hut. I'd wager it will be available later on.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#13 Posted: 13:06:08 28/06/2014
Is there any hut / house that pays out better then a hall of legends ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
bytebandit01 Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#14 Posted: 00:01:22 29/06/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Is there any hut / house that pays out better then a hall of legends ?

for me it's hot head's.., dragon.., and dark house
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#15 Posted: 14:13:07 29/06/2014
I finally went to buy the gem pack with the hut this morning thinking it was a weekend long special, but that deal was gone. I really hope it is released other ways into the game. I've been playing a long time and I think everything has gotten a second chance eventually.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Rillashan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1125
#16 Posted: 15:23:24 29/06/2014
I broke down yesterday and bought it. Barely noticed it was going to expire.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#17 Posted: 11:46:43 30/06/2014
Quote: sklndrmommy
I've been playing a long time and I think everything has gotten a second chance eventually.

The one thing I've never seen available is a Valentine's House that I've seen when visiting other islands. Not Cupid Flameslinger's House - a separate building. I read elsewhere that it was available around Valentine's Day not this past year but the year before. Since I didn't start playing until mid-March of last year, I missed it, and, as far as I've seen, it has not been available since.

But I still agree that I will be surprised if Buttered Pop Thorn's Hut does not return.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#18 Posted: 13:39:27 30/06/2014
That's true ^ at the time the Valentine's day house was available I was very new to the game and didn't want to waste precious resources on it. I don't think it has ever come back up. I only ever see it on the game's islands so I never think about it. All the other Alter ego houses have been available periodically and wen through the well so I guess that's what I was thinking about.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#19 Posted: 15:22:00 30/06/2014
Same here. It's the one thing I don't own (now 2 things thanks to Buttered Poppy's house), and I'm OK with that.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#20 Posted: 19:36:27 30/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Same. I have been playing since surfer slam bam was available and I have not seen the valentines house return even once. Does anyone know what it does?
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#21 Posted: 19:50:42 30/06/2014
The Valentine's house is just a decorative house. You can't put anyone in it to get gems or anything like that. Just the usual Kingdom XP for a house. Maybe gives gold as well like other premium houses - not sure as I don't have one. It was too expensive at the time for what it did.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me