First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Trap Team Info from Distributor
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#51 Posted: 16:07:42 20/06/2014
Sidekicks: If only less is more could be applied to the number of items they're putting out. I don't care about these guys in the slightest.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#52 Posted: 23:50:42 20/06/2014
i got the 4 giants minis for free today... so i dont have to rebuy them for trap team smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#53 Posted: 01:54:18 21/06/2014
What me make perplex is the Skylanders Academy. Kaos blow up the Cloudcracker Prison, but we don't rebuild the prison. We build up a Academy or to put it another way, a school. A big castle like Hogwarts. A school with a prison on the schoolyard? For what, to train the young Skylanders? Is there for the sidekicks something like the pet battles in World of Warcraft?

And what are the "Traps Level Packs"? Something for a new type of challenges? As Giants came out, i thought the Battle Packs are a new type of Adventure Packs.

So many questions, no answers.

I think this this year at the release of STT i will first get a view of the game. So that i firstly only buy Chopper and 6 more traps.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#54 Posted: 02:10:27 21/06/2014
Quote: Jeriba
What me make perplex is the Skylanders Academy. Kaos blow up the Cloudcracker Prison, but we don't rebuild the prison. We build up a Academy or to put it another way, a school. A big castle like Hogwarts. A school with a prison on the schoolyard? For what, to train the young Skylanders? Is there for the sidekicks something like the pet battles in World of Warcraft?

And what are the "Traps Level Packs"? Something for a new type of challenges? As Giants came out, i thought the Battle Packs are a new type of Adventure Packs.

I think this this year at the release of STT i will first get a view of the game. So that i firstly only buy Chopper and 6 more traps.

I like to think of the skylands academy as a place the villains learn to be "good guys" or something.
#55 Posted: 04:27:22 21/06/2014
Quote: TrapShadowFan

I like to think of the skylands academy as a place the villains learn to be "good guys" or something.

By serving time in the prison at the center, which only serves to help you move guys to and from your crystals.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#56 Posted: 06:07:05 21/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i got the 4 giants minis for free today... so i dont have to rebuy them for trap team smilie

Unless the new ones get bundled with an old one.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#57 Posted: 07:10:46 21/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

By serving time in the prison at the center, which only serves to help you move guys to and from your crystals.

It is obvious to me. This should not be a basic game discussion or some about sense or nonsense of the story. I only want to know, what i get for my money or to put it another way, what i must buy to solve 100 % and what i can buy.

Last year i firstly buy 6 more swap force characters and the two Adventure Packs. Only now, where the prices goes down, i bought 6 more core Skylanders for 4,99 € - 6,99 €.
#58 Posted: 10:39:22 21/06/2014

It is obvious to me. This should not be a basic game discussion or some about sense or nonsense of the story. I only want to know, what i get for my money or to put it another way, what i must buy to solve 100 % and what i can buy.

Last year i firstly buy 6 more swap force characters and the two Adventure Packs. Only now, where the prices goes down, i bought 6 more core Skylanders for 4,99 € - 6,99 €.

only problem with waiting and buy later for cheap is that you dont know what will be hard to get from the two first waves of releases, if your lucky and get the ones you want at all.

like in ssa i did only see wham shell once and boomer was long gone when wham sell arrived...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#59 Posted: 13:40:27 21/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

only problem with waiting and buy later for cheap is that you dont know what will be hard to get from the two first waves of releases, if your lucky and get the ones you want at all.

like in ssa i did only see wham shell once and boomer was long gone when wham sell arrived...

If you want all of the Skylanders, you are right. But i don't want all of them. Because i have no space to shelf them in a rack or so. I have more as 50 of them and the most of them lay in 2 oder 3 small boxes. Most time i play with the core Skylanders, my favorite 8 from SSA oder the 8 of Giants. Or now SSF again with 8 cores. I think forward, what is in STT with the SF or in the next with the TT or the traps? Some new core Skylanders, one of each element, that i use in the next games is okay for me.

Or do you play SSF with all 80 characters? Or STT at the release with more of 100 of them, during you skill or level up the new characters?
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#60 Posted: 01:52:31 20/07/2014
Well, the only LightCore figures I'd keep are the ones without any figures beyond Series 2. For example, Star LC Strike and Grim LC Creeper. However, Legendary Grim Creeper and Enchanted Star Strike are a keeper.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#61 Posted: 05:27:35 20/07/2014
Quote: defpally
We may very well be watching Skylanders get Guitar Hero'ed.

I guess that's why Wolfgang is around for a proper send off. smilie

*Looks away from the TV he is currently playing Rock Band 3 on, yet continues to play flawlessly*

'Ey, did someone call my name?

*Pauses the game* Well, I'd be okay with the Sidekicks functioning as gate-unlockers, and maybe having their own auto-attacks. The more element types you have on the field, the more convenient it is to unlock gates, and if you'd have two Swappers, a villain, and a sidekick on the portal with a different element for each piece, then you'd have access to six different elements without having to change a character or trap. Wishful thinking, though.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:33:02 20/07/2014 by Wolfgang
#62 Posted: 07:00:47 20/07/2014
Quote: BP
I have a small game store, and I just noticed that one of my distributors posted some of their Trap Team info.

It looks like the Traps are selling in 3-packs ($13.99 MSRP) and singles ($5.99 MSRP).

There is something called a "Trap Level Pack," which is packaged in boxes of 6 and has an MSRP of $24.99. I assume that is going to be the equivalent of adventure packs.

Trap Masters have a MSRP of $14.99, and come in boxes of 12.

There are triple packs, which are $24.99 MSRP.

There are "Mini Character 2-packs", which have an MSRP of $13.99.

Single figures are $9.99 MSRP and come in boxes of 12, just like usual.

you got anymore news for us?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Traptanium Green Sparx Gems: 365
#63 Posted: 15:22:24 20/07/2014
Maybe you can play as sidekicks like villains ..........With timers!
#64 Posted: 15:29:45 20/07/2014
Quote: Traptanium

maybe, we will just have to wait and see.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#65 Posted: 20:25:03 23/07/2014
About the Traps? Are they as hard as crystals or soft as slightly bendable Skylanders figures? Maybe the Traps will be unbreakable or hard to break.
#66 Posted: 20:30:19 23/07/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
About the Traps? Are they as hard as crystals or soft as slightly bendable Skylanders figures? Maybe the Traps will be unbreakable or hard to break.

its hard plastic....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#67 Posted: 20:54:24 23/07/2014
I don't actually have one, but I would assume it would be the exact same hardness as the plastic used in Prism Break's crystals
---
#68 Posted: 01:37:02 24/07/2014

I think all of the characters need an expiration timer, so you have to buy a new one when it's "used up".
---
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#69 Posted: 01:46:15 24/07/2014

I think all of the characters need an expiration timer, so you have to buy a new one when it's "used up".

This is why I'm glad Skylanders is not in the hands of EA.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#70 Posted: 01:59:27 24/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

This is why I'm glad Skylanders is not in the hands of EA.

Shhh... you're giving both companies ideas!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#71 Posted: 02:24:42 24/07/2014
The people hating on Lightcores but excited about Sidekicks. smilie Judging you guys so hard.

I'd much rather they stop the practice of doubling up Lightcores and just released certain figures as a Lightcore.
#72 Posted: 02:30:56 24/07/2014
I don't hate all LightCore figures. The ones that I like are Enchanted Star Strike and Legendary Grim Creeper. In most cases, whenever there are Series 2 figures resembling to the LCs, like Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz is way better than LC Pop Fizz, I either have the option of keeping or selling the LC figure. Since LCs don't have Wow Pows, I'm not that interested in them except for their variants.
#73 Posted: 03:01:24 24/07/2014

Ugh... I hate that idea, it'd put the least likeable feature of free mobile games in a console game that costs more than the average console game (going by MSRP).
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#74 Posted: 14:51:05 24/07/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
The people hating on Lightcores but excited about Sidekicks. smilie Judging you guys so hard.

I'd much rather they stop the practice of doubling up Lightcores and just released certain figures as a Lightcore.

I like Lightcores, I just think they were implemented badly, with several really poor choices of figures (and a terrible release order in Giants). It's like they just ran out of ideas for some of them and said "screw it, just pick one at random to throw a light on".

Sidekicks are cute, but useless previously. Maybe they have some neat value in Trap Team, I actually like that they seem to be retrofitting them with more value and use. That's unexpected.
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#75 Posted: 03:51:59 15/08/2014
I think it's safe to assume all of this pricing is final, given confirmation of mini skylanders and their 2-pack price.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#76 Posted: 13:15:57 15/08/2014
Interesting re: trap packaging. This configuration assures you'll have a number that will be at odds with the number of elements. And hopefully the configurations will minimize that impact. Good to know we can actually save money in bulk this time.

Sounds like the mini-characters are the sidekicks--sounds like they need to spill the beans on that soon.

Guessing Trap Level Packs are where you can get the "best" villains...anyone betting that Wolfgang is in one of those? smilie

Nope Wolfgang is definitely already in game, forgot what level though
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#77 Posted: 14:12:48 15/08/2014
My guess is that the Trap Level Packs are either just a new name for the Adventure packs we've already seen.

Another theory is that since we haven't heard anything about Battle Packs, they could be doing away with those in favor of these new Trap Level packs. They could contain a trap or two, either a core or trap master figure, and possibly another level item.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me