Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cape Girl vs. saving gems [CLOSED]
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#1 Posted: 14:02:01 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I'll have enough gems in a day or 2 for Cape Girl and am wondering if I should buy her at full price or if I should keep saving for July 4. I'm level 24 with 11 skylanders (including one swapper), no alts or houses (I do have one scout hq). I already have Hyde and Capy. Should I get Cape Girl? How often does she create gems?
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 14:11:49 14/06/2014
Is definitely wait until July 4, since it's only a couple weeks away. There's no guarantee she'll be on sale, but I'm sure they will have some sort of deals, so it might be best to wait. As for how often gems appear, it's pretty random and I'm not sure that it's even that often. But she does making clearing trolls/sheep a lot easier.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 15:39:38 14/06/2014
Cape Girl is fun fun fun . Dont worry about gems as you will only get some once in a blue moon .

Freeing up your Skylander with that instant clearing trolls or sheep mobs is very useful if your skylanders are in short supply or needed for standby like the Swopforce .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#4 Posted: 16:07:25 14/06/2014
I don't consider her essential and I held off on getting her for a long time. She is very nice to have, but strictly for the convenience. We need a similar companion that immediately pops the chests open.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#5 Posted: 11:35:37 15/06/2014
My son just got 2 gems from clearing a chompie plus a gold chest underneath. He was rapped.

I still don't know why chompies give 2. I assume it is something to do with Cape Girl.
---
banksia123
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#6 Posted: 14:18:40 15/06/2014
After they changed chompy pods to disappear after a short time (after realizing people's islands were turning into Swiss cheese because a lot of people didn't have sidekicks), they decided to give a random gem reward for chompy pods. So sometimes you'll get a gem reward from Cape Girl and from the chompy pod, giving you 2.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 12:29:32 16/06/2014
I think Cape Girl if fantastic from a convenience point of view. I wouldn't think of her as a gem-producing investment though. I got her as soon as I could and have never regretted the purchase, but with July 4th so close, I would, in your case, wait that little bit longer just in case.
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#8 Posted: 14:40:38 16/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll hold off until July 4 then.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me