Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Update - Troll Lockup and Golden Shear [CLOSED]
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 17:03:33 09/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Troll Lockup (200 gems): +10 energy / +400 Kingdom xp per Troll and is now 2x2 squares - comes with quest
Golden shear (175gems): +10 energy / +350 Kingdom xp per sheep - comes with quest
Scratch link quest
Magna Charge link quest
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:21 09/06/2014 by Qanai
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#2 Posted: 17:32:32 09/06/2014
OK, not a huge deal, but at least something new. Always good to gain a little more space, too.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#3 Posted: 18:03:09 09/06/2014
Kinda odd they didn't shrink the sheep shear to 2x2 also. Not a big deal, but strange. At least the prison is small now, yay!
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#4 Posted: 18:13:20 09/06/2014
You haven't mentioned the best part of the update - Kudos exchange at the molekin market!!
#5 Posted: 18:46:43 09/06/2014
It's great that there's finally something more to do with kudos, but it seems a bit pricey. I mean, I can easily generate 500,000 coins or 200,000 energy in a day and have lots more to spare, but 5,000 kudos would take quite a while to get, even if you were visiting regularly. Maybe if we could get another Molekin Market, but that seems to have disappeared entirely from the shop.
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#6 Posted: 18:55:47 09/06/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
You haven't mentioned the best part of the update - Kudos exchange at the molekin market!!

5K Kudos to activate the Molekin Market, for those who were wondering.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#7 Posted: 18:56:40 09/06/2014
5,000 kudos for one molekin market run? Yikes. I'll stick to gold.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#8 Posted: 06:56:11 10/06/2014
Going for the Magna Charge quest Whoo Hooo . smilie

Portal Master preparing to release Seas of Gold .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#9 Posted: 12:41:13 10/06/2014
For the purpose of the quests (and I'm still working on the long Troll Island quest), I just realized that you can collect from the prison or shearer for every troll/sheep you collect. I've always cleared a troll camp/sheep mob, captured them all, then collected before I went to the next camp/mob. But now I've figured out that you can collect after each troll/sheep. So you can get a potential 3 collections for every camp/mob. It can be a pain to swipe back and forth, especially if they are on the other side of your islands, but it sure helps with these quests. Maybe everyone else, knew this, but I thought I'd throw it out there for those who didn't. After all, I've been playing for over a year and didn't know. This might be a good reason to have the prison and shearer on their own island with nothing else, so there can be spawns right next to them. Though it would probably spawn sheep next to the prison and trolls next to the shearer smilie.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#10 Posted: 16:18:27 10/06/2014
5.000 Kudos for Molekin Market. Unbelievable expensive.
I have 44 friends on my list and get max. 75 Kudos a day gifted. So i need at least 2 month for a single trade!

Best trade still is energy => diamonds.

(Does anyone know what the max. limit for friends on my friendslist ist?)
#11 Posted: 16:52:53 10/06/2014
The maximum number of friends is 100. With the bonuses from Avril (double kudos) and Batterson (double number you can get from visiting), you could actually get 1000 or more per day (up to 14 per friend). Problem is, newcomers can't sign on to activate apparently, so it's harder to get new friends who send gifts regularly.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#12 Posted: 17:07:10 10/06/2014
Ok. 100 is quiet much.
But i guess nobody will visit 100 friends a day.
I stopped visiting friends after i got Admiral Thumpback.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#13 Posted: 17:17:34 10/06/2014
Not to mention you would NEVER make it to all 100 visits with no errors. I'd throw out a rough guess of 5-10% error rate on visiting, on average.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#14 Posted: 18:54:12 10/06/2014
I agree that, at 5,000 kudos, I won't be using kudos very often in the market (at least not after I've gone through my current pile), but I still think it's fun that we can. I haven't bothered visiting for months now, but even when just gifting with 101 friends a day, I still get quick a few. Already maxed out on topiaries and bought everything I else I can buy with them, so they've gone from worthless to something.

At this point in the game, I have more gold and energy than I can spend anyway, so it really doesn't matter what I use, but, for some reason, I still enjoy playing, meeting the goals, upgrading items, and seeing what will come next.
#15 Posted: 18:59:32 10/06/2014
If you have 100 friends , there is not that much to buy with kudos after Admiral Thumpback and Sheep Topiaries and Gurglefin .

I think 5000 for Molekin market seems rather reasonable .
---
InitialFS Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#16 Posted: 21:47:05 10/06/2014
If they're finally giving us something new to use kudos on then I'll hold out hope they'll be adding more things. As others have said, it's easier and faster to save up the necessary gold and energy for the Molekin Market. Visiting every single friend is way too tedious.
---
Lost Islands Activate: InitialFS (10/9/14 - Spots Open)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#17 Posted: 22:10:30 10/06/2014
Quote: InitialFS
Visiting every single friend is way too tedious.

No kidding. When I actually needed them, I used to have my son go to kingdoms to collect them for me. He was just happy to be playing and exploring other kingdoms (since I have it turned off on his device and he is much less far along). But he grew tired of that quick, too.
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#18 Posted: 03:30:42 11/06/2014
Quote: obidawsn
This might be a good reason to have the prison and shearer on their own island with nothing else, so there can be spawns right next to them. Though it would probably spawn sheep next to the prison and trolls next to the shearer smilie.

You can move prison and shearer close enough to the spawn camp/sheep before clearing them. It will save you swiping back and forth. Someone here on the forums mentioned this trick for one of previous small island quest.
#19 Posted: 15:46:14 11/06/2014
Quote: Rom713
This might be a good reason to have the prison and shearer on their own island with nothing else, so there can be spawns right next to them. Though it would probably spawn sheep next to the prison and trolls next to the shearer smilie.

You can move prison and shearer close enough to the spawn camp/sheep before clearing them. It will save you swiping back and forth. Someone here on the forums mentioned this trick for one of previous small island quest.

It's hard to do that if your islands are full and your spawns are popping up in random places. I can probably do a little more work, delete some of the older houses, and add better ones, to save space, but I keep putting it off. Even then, I always seem to have random spaces. I guess I can fill them with decorations.
#20 Posted: 13:32:53 12/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rom713

It's hard to do that if your islands are full and your spawns are popping up in random places. I can probably do a little more work, delete some of the older houses, and add better ones, to save space, but I keep putting it off. Even then, I always seem to have random spaces. I guess I can fill them with decorations.

I fill all the islands except one, leaving it open for totems, trolls, sheep, and chompie pods. I have a few visible spaces open on the other islands that will accomodate the spawns of trees/gravel/puddles/etc, but none of the former. It makes moving the shearer and prison near the sheep and trolls easy and helps with the quests.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#21 Posted: 15:02:01 12/06/2014
I keep one and only one island completely clear except for the Shearer and troll prison on it (and a few one space decorations - to make sure nothing spawns behind it or in the small gaps beside it. I use the lower left island. Every other island is packed completely full (every space filled) to prevent errant spawns - I use Sheep Topiaries and Flower Bed (because they are cheap and low to prevent covering things) to fill the small gaps left over. I don't like to have to search around for small things like Hyde and Bamboo. This basically makes things a lot easier, I really only have to look around for sugar bats.

If they want an idea for a good companion/building, they need one that will alert you when there are "invaders" active somewhere in your kingdom. They can make it some form of hunter/tracker or something, and when you touch it, you pay him a bounty of a few energy or gold and it makes the screen auto scroll to the invader. Instant cooldown, only active if there is something to find - like Beetress. For me, it would be ideal if it was just for sugar bats, but I could see them make it so it works for trolls and sheep as well.
#22 Posted: 16:25:23 12/06/2014
Quote: defpally
If they want an idea for a good companion/building, they need one that will alert you when there are "invaders" active somewhere in your kingdom. They can make it some form of hunter/tracker or something, and when you touch it, you pay him a bounty of a few energy or gold and it makes the screen auto scroll to the invader. Instant cooldown, only active if there is something to find - like Beetress. For me, it would be ideal if it was just for sugar bats, but I could see them make it so it works for trolls and sheep as well.

Since 'invaders' take up a bit of space and move within that space, I find them pretty easy to spot. I would like your idea if it were for the assorted tree/shrubs/bamboo/etc though! Maybe a house for the mulch-o-matic that you could click on to clear all debris. Since they're so small, tiny things like bamboo or even mud puddles can be hard to isolate to click on even when you can see them.
#23 Posted: 23:53:43 12/06/2014
Considering many of us keep our trolls and sheep around to save for quests, the companion wouldn't really work. It really is best to keep them around. For one, they'll be there for the quests (especially any timed ones) and there's still the theory that keeping them helps spawn more (though there's no real evidence for it...just that it seems like it does).
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#24 Posted: 13:03:25 13/06/2014
When my islands are full and I wanted to move my troll camp closer, I just stuck one of my bigger houses into inventory for a couple of minutes and voila, you have room and can just put back the house when you are done. The only downside is if does reset the XP clock so if pick ome that you won't mind missing the xp on like a post office or something similar.
#25 Posted: 13:41:51 13/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Quote: defpally

Since 'invaders' take up a bit of space and move within that space, I find them pretty easy to spot. I would like your idea if it were for the assorted tree/shrubs/bamboo/etc though! Maybe a house for the mulch-o-matic that you could click on to clear all debris. Since they're so small, tiny things like bamboo or even mud puddles can be hard to isolate to click on even when you can see them.

I like the idea of a companion related to trees/shrubs/bamboo/etc. My thoughts were along the lines of provide upgrade paths for some of the newly spawning wildlife (and also the the original items cluttering islands like rocks). The upgrade paths would convert the wildlife to decorations with some sort of bonus (xp bonus, maybe gold/energy/gem bonuses). One or two companions could be marketed here - one companion to enable the upgrade paths, and a second companion to enable you to move these items (either before or after upgrading).

Wildlife could have multiple upgrades, like trees upgraded to "giant tree" or "totem" (not to be confused with elemental totems). Large Rocks could be upgraded to "statues" or better "stone pillars".
#26 Posted: 14:51:07 13/06/2014
I'm all for a companion to help clear the debris. I'm glad to have some new element in the game, and one that does offer kingdom xp (although minimal) and the occasional chest or gem (as I have gotten, although rarely), but they get annoying, especially those that get hidden.

As for the troll/sheep trick, it does make it easier to move the troll prison, now, since it doesn't take up as much space. I've been moving it around, and it does help, especially with the wizard trolls. The sheep shearer is bigger, so more of a pain to find places for it, but I'm not concerned with it, right now, since I don't have any open quests to collect from it.
#27 Posted: 09:43:38 23/06/2014
Little brother bought the upgraded troll lock up . I think saving space is always a good thing.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me