Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Island Cleanup - What to ditch first? [CLOSED]
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#1 Posted: 20:18:24 03/06/2014 | Topic Creator
So I am now at level 36 and I am starting to run out of room and want to do a little housecleaning.

I have already eliminated most of my smaller Mabu houses but I am wondering, what is next? I now have 8 fisheries, 6 taverns, 4 cocoa stands, 3 snack stands and those have all been won in the well.

The easiest of course has been the decorations. I eliminated a bunch of roads and don't feel bad getting rid of those as they didn't cost anything but what about the ones that generate 3% XP bonus. Is it worth keeping or should I get rid of something like a mine? I am waffling a bit here and would like to hear how others have prioritized making room for other things. I have finally gotten my first B+B from the well this month so I think that may be have the biggest impact moving forward.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:59 06/06/2014 by P024008
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 23:35:30 03/06/2014
Slowly kill all your low level Mabu houses and replace them with only the highest level ones .

The 3 % xp bonus roads only work if they are directly next to building.

The 6 - 10 XP decorum that only cost one square are far more valuable . If you have lots kudo,s replace your decorations with sheep topiaries that give 10 percent bonus XP and free energy and cost only one square .

Do the new upgraded air Sanctuary quest , It shrinks your sanctuary .

Things like mass mines/post office / black smith are only really needed when you have a limited time quest to collect items from them . Delete them and rebuild them all only when you need them for a quest. Keep only the best xp producing mabu buildings around .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#3 Posted: 23:49:39 03/06/2014
The wishin well but that's up to you me I say no
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 01:44:28 04/06/2014
The best option should be formed around your playing habits. If you check in twice a day, buildings that are collected every couple of hours are mostly a waste of space - you should maximize on the buildings that align with how often you check in, and put your bonus items (topiaries, blossom trees, etc) around those. Bonuses applied well can provide more XP than another building in the same space.

Any decoration under 5% isn't worth keeping. That being said, I do use some 3% items for filling spaces, but I'm not attached to them and they're first to go when I get something better or start rearranging.

In general, don't feel bad ditching non-gem community buildings - they are essentially free (you get the mabu back to build other ones). If you have better buildings that aren't bigger than 2x2, the can often be better to use (again, it comes down to your playing frequency).
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 13:42:24 04/06/2014
Agree with Dark fhoenix and Qanai. I would not recommend getting rid of Taverns or Fisheries. Neither cost Mabu and both produce a lot of kingdom XP. Yes, Fisheries take up a fair amount of space but there are few things that generate better xp so you should have room for them. Snack stands and and Cocoa stands aren't really worth it. I usually stick these sort of things in storage just because I feel bad about selling a rare building I won in the well, but I think I've begun selling those too at this point (storage is pretty much full).
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 15:18:47 04/06/2014
I sell Cocoa Stands, I've only kept a couple. I keep Taverns and Fisheries. Fisheries actually work out pretty well if you are trying to maximize space. Since they are 2x3, they help fill out some of those extra two square that remain at times when trying to fit things onto islands, and they also have a pretty good return. My kingdom probably isn't generate XP as fast as I could because I don't have loads of decorations beyond the 100 Topiaries. I go for space maximizing, every space is taken up on every island except the lower left one - so I get all of the random popping stuff occurring in one place for easy cleanup (except Sugar Bats).

Slab Stone Houses are ideal for generating Mabu, at mid 30 and above with good gold generation buy them often. They are only 2x2, but give 500 Mabu (625 with Tessa). The higher houses and Bed & Breakfast of course generate more, but cost either gems or more gold per Mabu you get. I have three whole islands covered with them, plus several more on another island along with B&B I won from the well. That gives me enough Mabu to have the maximum of every Mabu costing business at level 42 and still have over 20,000 in reserve (I have Tessa).

I'm fairly particular about my layout, I keep like objects close so they all come up together for easier collection if the paperboy isn't up when I check. The goal is to make sure I don't miss anything that comes up. I'd be a terrible city planner, having 5 Post Offices side by side isn't the makings of a thriving city. smilie
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#7 Posted: 13:08:46 05/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the advice. All good stuff. I only check in a couple of times a day so it does sound like I have a little rearranging to do based on my collection frequency. I have noticed that I am leveling way faster now that I have a load of fisheries so that's a good thing.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 14:34:29 06/06/2014
I actually sold a fishery after winning one in the well, this month. I have several of them and don't want any more smilie
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#9 Posted: 20:36:53 06/06/2014
There may come a point where I have too many fisheries and nowhere to put them, but especially with all of these mini islands that day is a long way away.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#10 Posted: 13:00:09 09/06/2014
I've got over a dozen fisheries and have been selling them for months. I had collected almost as many Cocoa stands, but started selling them a while ago as well - only kept a few just to have. Taverns are pretty much full up as well. At this point, I'm just waiting for some new cool community building with better payouts. Hopefully they'll come up with something new as they really haven't updated this aspect of the game in quite some time.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me