Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Air Sanctum [CLOSED]
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#1 Posted: 21:26:34 02/06/2014 | Topic Creator
A new sanctum goal is now available - an Air Sanctum.

Just like the Life Sanctum from May, the quest requires:

-15 collections from Orville
-20 collections from an Air Sanctuary
-200 Skylanders sent on Air Adventures

The new sanctum is 2x2, and provides the follow upgrades:

-25,000 gold (instead of 18,000)
-650 Hero Points (instead of 450)

The goal must be completed by June 21, 11:59 PM (21 days).
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2 Posted: 22:14:48 02/06/2014
Crap, I just did my Orville collection right before I saw this.

Oh, and there are two new islands (I guess for level 44 and 45)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:09 02/06/2014 by defpally
zorlord333 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#3 Posted: 22:43:20 02/06/2014
Anyone high enough level to identify the islands and cost?
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 23:17:32 02/06/2014
Quote: zorlord333
Anyone high enough level to identify the islands and cost?

Level 44 Chompy Island $40 million
Level 45 Greeble Island $50 million
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#5 Posted: 00:03:16 03/06/2014
Does anybody use the islands for what they're called?

I usually build out onto mine since I have an open area in the center for stuff to pop up. Do they really populate only Sheep... etc or is that just what they're called?
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
zorlord333 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#6 Posted: 00:04:41 03/06/2014
Thanx crazy =)
#7 Posted: 02:31:59 03/06/2014
I got Sheep Island, figured sheep would congregate or at least spawn there more often. Nope, just one more place to check, so I filled it up with stuff. I left it clear for a week or so and there was nothing special about it as far as I could tell - just 5x5 of more land.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#8 Posted: 03:23:02 03/06/2014
Anyone else having trouble getting the update? I've been trying for the past few hours but not getting it (also can't connect to activate).

Edit: nm, figured it out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:33 03/06/2014 by Qanai
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#9 Posted: 12:02:44 03/06/2014
Quote: CrazyCanuck

Level 45 Greeble Island $50 million

Hmm... I'm guessing we can look forward to having Greebles to clear in a future update!
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#10 Posted: 13:10:05 03/06/2014
There's nothing special about the islands other than being extra space. That being said, I put the shearing hut on sheep island and the troll prison on troll island. Can't control where things spawn, so there's really no point in trying to do the same with the other islands, unless you want to put a Chompy gift shop and snack shops on chompy island. Nothing you can do for sugar bat island really.
#11 Posted: 14:10:42 03/06/2014
I like to put the sanctuaries on the small islands, since they fit perfectly and are sort of out of the way. Nothing can hide behind that Magic Sanctuary when it fills the island!
Crushlander Green Sparx Gems: 165
#12 Posted: 14:40:47 03/06/2014
It seems this time the adventures should be only 30 minutes 4 hours or 22 hours.
#13 Posted: 15:43:59 03/06/2014
The 20 collections from the Sanctuary is not a big problem, can be done easily in less than half the time allotted.

The 200 Air missions as mentioned can be done if you have enough airships and Air Skylanders by repeatedly running the 30 minute mission (or the 4 hour one if you are going to be gone a while). You can also run the long one once a day if you have the Clock.

It's the 15 Orville collections that give me headaches. Unfortunately, he doesn't give you how long till next collection, and it takes 24 hours - so minimum 15 days give or take. I've set a timer at 23 hours and 55 minutes to remind me. I guess I could use Notifications, but I'm not sure he triggers on and I don't like being constantly bugged at work over every little thing.

I'm just hoping the Air Toy Link Tower shows up soon, I like the initial payout and the influx of gems on the right element day. Today is Life day for me, so I've got 3 gems coming in every 4 hours. I can imagine that once we have all eight towers it will be a nice bonus. It's great that they gave us a better ongoing reward for having purchased the toys. I've always avoided buying gems because I felt I gave them enough money when I bought the figures.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#14 Posted: 15:45:46 03/06/2014
Quote: Crushlander
It seems this time the adventures should be only 30 minutes 4 hours or 22 hours.

Isn't that how it was before? All the element adventures have the same times between elements. This is definitely where having the Adventure Clock comes in handy (if you can afford it...not worth it, if you are lower level). I got the adventures pretty quickly just using the 4 hour (3 hour with Flynn) adventures and 22 hour (16 hour with Flynn) adventures using the clock. My problem came to be collecting from Orville as I missed a couple of days, so it was tight.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#15 Posted: 17:59:19 03/06/2014
I only finished Orville with 1 hour to spare getting the life sanctuary. I agree he is the hardest part by far.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#16 Posted: 18:07:10 03/06/2014
Even playing every day, collecting from Orville is clearly the rough part of these quests - and largely due to the lack of a timer on him. On busy days, I may check my island first thing in the morning and then last thing at night. I can never remember when I last collected from him, so if he's ready, I collect, if he isn't, I don't.

But if I'd been collecting him in the morning, then check my island 10 minutes earlier the next day, he isn't ready, I'm not going to wait around some unknown period of time, and suddenly I'm collecting at night. Go to bed a few minutes earlier the next night, I can't remember if he's due in 5 minutes or 2 hours, I'm not going to wait around to find out, so I'm back to collecting him in the morning.

This happens a few times, and suddenly it becomes tight to complete the quest.

A countdown on Orville - just like every other element in the game already has - would make me much happier about this quest requirement.
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#17 Posted: 18:35:29 03/06/2014
Quote: defpally
The 20 collections from the Sanctuary is not a big problem, can be done easily in less than half the time allotted.

The 200 Air missions as mentioned can be done if you have enough airships and Air Skylanders by repeatedly running the 30 minute mission (or the 4 hour one if you are going to be gone a while). You can also run the long one once a day if you have the Clock.

It's the 15 Orville collections that give me headaches. Unfortunately, he doesn't give you how long till next collection, and it takes 24 hours - so minimum 15 days give or take. I've set a timer at 23 hours and 55 minutes to remind me. I guess I could use Notifications, but I'm not sure he triggers on and I don't like being constantly bugged at work over every little thing.

I'm just hoping the Air Toy Link Tower shows up soon, I like the initial payout and the influx of gems on the right element day. Today is Life day for me, so I've got 3 gems coming in every 4 hours. I can imagine that once we have all eight towers it will be a nice bonus. It's great that they gave us a better ongoing reward for having purchased the toys. I've always avoided buying gems because I felt I gave them enough money when I bought the figures.

I put the orville place and the molekin market next to each other. If you get htem on the same rotation you can see when the collection from orville will happen.
#18 Posted: 18:55:33 03/06/2014
I don't have the molekin market, I do however have the Adventure Clock. But, I have that lined up with my Adventure Balloons, not Orville. It might be wise to line it up with him instead, but then I'd miss some free missions.

I went with setting a timer on my phone. On the iPhone, go to the clock and set up a timer (23 hours and 59 minutes is the max). It will show up on your lock screen and set off an alarm when it goes off. I set mine to 23:55 to account for my time collecting in game, that way I miss no more than a few minutes. I always have my phone with me, so even if I can't collect at that moment, I can open it and grab Orville (although I'll usually grab the sugar bats and towers as well).

I guess their goal is to get you to play daily. They want you to have more space, because it lets you put more stuff on your islands particularly since the people that are really doing this quest tend to have full islands since they are high level. I just wish it were a little more lenient in the buffer, you really can't just play daily, you have to play daily at certain times (shortly after he resets). In my opinion, they should give you the whole month to get 15, or 20 days to get 10.
#19 Posted: 19:49:43 03/06/2014
Quote: scottiedog

I put the orville place and the molekin market next to each other. If you get htem on the same rotation you can see when the collection from orville will happen.

Good idea - thanks!

For those who don't have Diggs, this prompted me to look, and the Stronghold is also on a 24 hour rotation.

My Orville and Molekin Market are currently offset by about 12 hours, so, rather than make one wait, I think I'll bring a Stronghold out of storage the next time Orville is ready to collect.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#20 Posted: 14:58:53 17/06/2014
today is the 15th day! At least for us

With the whole family working together and the kids home from school we've not missed a day. And the other missions were done quickly. Anyone else going to finish the mission today?
We missed the life one by hours and had to spend gems to get the sanctum--so forgive us for being a bit excited.
#21 Posted: 15:01:58 17/06/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
I like to put the sanctuaries on the small islands, since they fit perfectly and are sort of out of the way. Nothing can hide behind that Magic Sanctuary when it fills the island!

That sounds like a great idea. More motivation to spend millions (still not making money very quickly)
#22 Posted: 15:41:08 17/06/2014
I just finished it about an hour ago. The extra space is nice, but I need a few more to be shrunk down before I can really do what I want to do with the space. The Sanctum itself looks really cool, the post leading up is actually a whirlwind that is constantly spinning.
#23 Posted: 05:31:49 18/06/2014
got ours today, too. Kind of anti-climatic, though. can't get the toy-link tower yet.
#24 Posted: 12:49:20 18/06/2014
Got mine last night and noticed something strange. A while back, I put a Stronghold next to Orville so I'd know when he was due to be collected. This has worked wonderfully for me. But last night when I opened my island, Orville was ready to collect, even though I still had about an hour and a half left to go on the Stronghold.

I'm wondering if, for the last collection, Orville gets synchronized with the Air Sanctuary, so you don't complete the mission with the Sanctuary still in use. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#25 Posted: 13:26:12 18/06/2014
I completed the mission about 20 mins after I set my sanct's into use. When you finish, it pops the guys out early as it replaces the building. I didn't notice Orville's refresh being affected though, and I time mine with the Molekin Market.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#26 Posted: 13:35:08 18/06/2014
I completed the sanctuary quest yesterday and my Orville collection this morning was earlier than I was expecting, by about 2 hours. I was wondering about it, but apparently it's not just me.
#27 Posted: 14:06:16 18/06/2014
ours was earlier, too! Weird. too bad we didn't have anyone in the sanctuary for early payout
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#28 Posted: 14:06:19 18/06/2014
I have about two more taxes / gifts / bribes ? to collect from Orville and with 2 and a half days to spare .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#29 Posted: 14:17:55 18/06/2014
My Orville collection was early today too, but I still have 1 day to go in the quest.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#30 Posted: 17:03:25 18/06/2014
Finished the quest this afternoon. Air is my favourite element so I was glad that the sanctuary looked nice. I'm just waiting for them to release the Air toy link tower now. I would like to see the Magic sanctuary upgraded next.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
#31 Posted: 17:31:50 18/06/2014
Quote: Star Dragon
Finished the quest this afternoon. Air is my favourite element so I was glad that the sanctuary looked nice. I'm just waiting for them to release the Air toy link tower now. I would like to see the Magic sanctuary upgraded next.

We had to restart our game in May--so before we could do the life quest, we had to buy the life island. Same thing for the Air. Luckily that was the last elemental island we had left. So bring on the new challenge--at least I won't have to raise the $ to buy an island before I can start!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#32 Posted: 22:32:35 18/06/2014
I didn't think about lower level players having to have the island to get the quest. Though, of course, they would have to in order to collect from the sanctuary. Maybe that's why they had half price islands for Super Tuesday. Could we see more of those in the future to help people get the islands for these quests?
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#33 Posted: 14:22:29 20/06/2014
Got mine yesterday. I guessing we'll get the new air toy tower on Monday with the next update.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#34 Posted: 16:03:51 20/06/2014
Got mine too and actually 3 days to spare . I hope the air tower comes on Monday too .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me