Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A sad day for me and my school. [CLOSED]
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#1 Posted: 15:10:46 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Please, this topic is designed to be serious and therefore should be. This event happened yesterday and my school has a very close connection with it.

Today, in high school, I learned that a classmate in my point class had been killed by a train in Whitecraigs Station, UK. I will not reveal her name in this topic, but if you really must, I will post a link to the news story. Everyone was shocked by it and several people ended up having to go to the Pastoral Support department to recover. We were called to an assembly in 1st period where we were told she had died. The headteacher explained the situation to the whole of the school and let us know that the local church would be opened at lunchtime to let pupils express their condolences for the girl. Everyone in NY year walked back in silence, almost nothing being said. Barely anything else was said afterwards and more pupils left to recover at Pastoral Support once the assembly was over. Work was kept to a minimum and friends of the girl and other pupils calmed each other down in the wake of the accident. It was certainly the last thing I expected to hear today, and possibly the most shattering news given to me in the whole school year. I have expressed my condolences on Facebook for the girl and hope her family and friends make it through these tough times.

News Stories:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/n...teenage-3615485
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-sco...w-west-27603034
There are other ones as well as these two.

EDIT: The death was not suicide, I have just learnt from some of her friends/other news stories.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:58 30/05/2014 by gillgrunt987
sustainablspyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#2 Posted: 15:55:20 28/05/2014
Omg........ wow. It's horrifying that this kind of thing happens.
---
Bye everyone. After the hack thing, I'm leaving.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 16:00:09 28/05/2014
The reporting on this incident has been exceptionally poor (not you, I just mean the official news reports). It doesn't give much information on what actually happened, and focuses too much on random tweets. I think everyone who knew the girl would like some clarity on what actually happened to her, especially if that information could be used to help prevent things like this happening in the future. And looking at that photo of the station, it doesn't look very safe, the platform looks very narrow.

However, I do know what it's like to lose a classmate. One of my classmates was shot dead in my final year of school, which was just last year. He was born in Libya, and had gone back over to visit, and I think he may have been involved in some voluntary work while he was over there. Unfortunately, some kind of gunfight broke out and he was one of the innocents caught in the middle of it. Although I didn't really know the guy, it was still quite a shock.

So my sincerest condolences go out to you and all those effected.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#4 Posted: 16:50:35 28/05/2014
This is why I always avoid suicide.

It's selfish and it causes pain to others.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#5 Posted: 16:57:20 28/05/2014
i really hope no one will make an " i like trains joke" on this forum.
anyways, my condolences to her.
#6 Posted: 17:12:58 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you guys for commenting, its nice to see that people care about this incident and the people effected.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 18:14:40 28/05/2014
Best wishes go out to you and yours. So sorry to hear this.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#8 Posted: 18:15:36 28/05/2014
I have no words.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#9 Posted: 20:35:03 28/05/2014
I can't express how saddening this is and how traumatic this is. My condolences go out to all affected by the tragic passing of this individual smilie
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#10 Posted: 20:46:40 28/05/2014
where i live right now, (at my apartment) its only been a year, but theres already been some shootings and a double suicide ( at my apartment) . I hate Florida
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#11 Posted: 20:49:48 28/05/2014
same here my condolences goes out to all who were affected
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#12 Posted: 21:01:31 28/05/2014
Quote: gillgrunt987
Please, this topic is designed to be serious and therefore should be. This event happened yesterday and my school has a very close connection with it.

Today, in high school, I learned that a classmate in my point class had committed suicide or been killed by a train in Whitecraigs Station, UK. I will not reveal her name in this topic, but if you really must, I will post a link to the news story. Everyone was shocked by it and several people ended up having to go to the Pastoral Support department to recover. We were called to an assembly in 1st period where we were told she had died. The headteacher explained the situation to the whole of the school and let us know that the local church would be opened at lunchtime to let pupils express their condolences for the girl. Everyone in NY year walked back in silence, almost nothing being said. Barely anything else was said afterwards and more pupils left to recover at Pastoral Support once the assembly was over. Work was kept to a minimum and friends of the girl and other pupils calmed each other down in the wake of the accident. It was certainly the last thing I expected to hear today, and possibly the most shattering news given to me in the whole school year. I have expressed my condolences on Facebook for the girl and hope her family and friends make it through these tough times.

News Stories:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/n...teenage-3615485
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-sco...w-west-27603034
There are other ones as well as these two.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
The reporting on this incident has been exceptionally poor (not you, I just mean the official news reports). It doesn't give much information on what actually happened, and focuses too much on random tweets. I think everyone who knew the girl would like some clarity on what actually happened to her, especially if that information could be used to help prevent things like this happening in the future. And looking at that photo of the station, it doesn't look very safe, the platform looks very narrow.

However, I do know what it's like to lose a classmate. One of my classmates was shot dead in my final year of school, which was just last year. He was born in Libya, and had gone back over to visit, and I think he may have been involved in some voluntary work while he was over there. Unfortunately, some kind of gunfight broke out and he was one of the innocents caught in the middle of it. Although I didn't really know the guy, it was still quite a shock.

So my sincerest condolences go out to you and all those effected.

That's awful.

smilie
#13 Posted: 21:11:21 28/05/2014
Quote: Chibilove
where i live right now, (at my apartment) its only been a year, but theres already been some shootings and a double suicide ( at my apartment) . I hate Florida

welcome to my world.
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#14 Posted: 00:15:09 29/05/2014
That's awful to hear smilie My condolences. We also recently had two deaths in my school, both on the same weekend a couple of weeks ago, so we've been pretty shaken too.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:45 29/05/2014 by LevanJess
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#15 Posted: 00:54:42 29/05/2014
I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences. smilie
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#16 Posted: 13:28:09 29/05/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons

was that really necessary?
anyway, my condolences to those affected, it must be a horrible thing to go through
#17 Posted: 15:44:12 29/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Police are treating the death as non-suspicious and are currently investigating Tumblr posts made by the girl minutes before the death. Just learnt it a few minutes ago and I failed to find the posts in question. Hopefully the British Transport Police investigation will shine some light on this incident.
---
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#18 Posted: 15:53:46 29/05/2014
My nephew passed away in the same way. My other nephew was on the firefighting squad that responded to the distress call. Things like this are never easy. Don't bottle it up inside. Talk about it, cry about it, let it out. It will get better. My condolences.
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#19 Posted: 16:35:26 29/05/2014

Ok, I have a large problem with people saying suicide is selfish. What's selfish is making someone so depressed or angry to the point of making them want to end their lives. It does causes pain to others, but if they really wanted to then the people around the person shouldn't have caused her so much pain. It's not selfish in any way, it's an escape, a way out, and no it is not cowardly, it's not running away from your problems, it's getting rid of them the only way you know how - suicide. So don't ever say it is selfish, because it isn't. I'm willing to fight about this for as long as you want, it's not selfish. It does cause pain to others, but as I've previously stated: the people around the person shouldn't cause that much pain in the first place.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#20 Posted: 17:10:12 29/05/2014
my condolences to those close to the victim

that's nice that you can avoid it but people who do commit suicide are not doing it in a normal state of mind
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#21 Posted: 17:17:51 29/05/2014
Quote: joerox123

Ok, I have a large problem with people saying suicide is selfish. What's selfish is making someone so depressed or angry to the point of making them want to end their lives. It does causes pain to others, but if they really wanted to then the people around the person shouldn't have caused her so much pain. It's not selfish in any way, it's an escape, a way out, and no it is not cowardly, it's not running away from your problems, it's getting rid of them the only way you know how - suicide. So don't ever say it is selfish, because it isn't. I'm willing to fight about this for as long as you want, it's not selfish. It does cause pain to others, but as I've previously stated: the people around the person shouldn't cause that much pain in the first place.

It's not always other people that lead someone to suicide, though.

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about that smilie Sending prayers to her friends and family.
Something similar happened at my school last year, only he didn't die like that. There was something wrong with his liver or kidney or something and he had surgery and ended up dying a few days later. The entire school was quiet all day, like how you described... except for the sobbing. I didn't know him, but it's always horrible to lose a fellow classmate.
My condolences to everyone who are affected by the incident. It's so sad...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:36 29/05/2014 by AvatariDragon
#22 Posted: 17:21:53 29/05/2014
Quote: Big Green
my condolences to those close to the victim

that's nice that you can avoid it but people who do commit suicide are not doing it in a normal state of mind

That's one thing I forgot when I made that post.

My bad there.

I've decided to change my thoughts now.

Even though suicide doesn't have to come from another person.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:24:02 29/05/2014 by MoonHorizons
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#23 Posted: 02:16:12 30/05/2014
That is awful to hear, condolences to friends of the girl. ;n;
---
My life is complete.
Smolderbrawl Green Sparx Gems: 456
#24 Posted: 02:18:09 30/05/2014
OMG I'm so sorry to hear that, even if I didn't know her. These things are always so sad.....
---
Skyler has ebolalalalalalalalalalala!
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#25 Posted: 07:02:23 30/05/2014

Exactly. Get severe clinical depression first then you can voice your opinion on suicide.
#26 Posted: 12:56:32 30/05/2014
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

Exactly. Get severe clinical depression first then you can voice your opinion on suicide.

Even though you think that, people are still going to have opinions about it, whether they have depression or not. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#27 Posted: 13:55:15 30/05/2014
why would you post a serious discussion in stuff and nonsense?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#28 Posted: 15:05:38 30/05/2014
........this is so sad.

I'm just lucky I haven't ever been around or near a death/suicide, but seriously, this is just terrible.
#29 Posted: 15:24:29 30/05/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

Even though you think that, people are still going to have opinions about it, whether they have depression or not. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts.

All opinions should be educated. Do you say a movie is terrible before you see it?
#30 Posted: 15:58:39 30/05/2014

All opinions should be educated. Do you say a movie is terrible before you see it?

Yes, but not all opinions are. And you can't really educate someone about suicide all that much, anyway. Unless they've actually considered suicide themselves, they aren't going to completely understand it, and when I say understand it, I mean knowing what is going through someone's mind when they are considering it. Not to mention every suicide situation is different. Like when joerox said "the people around the person shouldn't cause that much pain in the first place." Not every suicide was caused by other people.

And to answer your question: I usually judge a movie by the trailer, if I see the trailer. That's why they're made, to show a little preview to those who may be interested. If you don't find it interesting, just don't watch it.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:04:50 30/05/2014 by AvatariDragon
#31 Posted: 16:05:38 30/05/2014

Yes, but not all opinions are. And you can't really educate someone about suicide all that much, anyway. Unless they've actually considered suicide themselves, they aren't going to completely understand it, and when I say understand it, I mean knowing what is going through someone's mind when they are considering it. Not to mention every suicide situation is different. Like when joerox said "the people around the person shouldn't cause that much pain in the first place." Not every suicide was caused by other people.

And to answer your question: I usually base a movie on the trailer, if I see the trailer. That's why they're made, to show a little preview to those who may be interested. If you don't find it interesting, just don't watch it.

My question was rhetorical. Unless you are adamant in your ways, anyone can be educated.
#32 Posted: 16:08:01 30/05/2014

And to answer your question: I usually base a movie on the trailer, if I see the trailer. That's why they're made, to show a little preview to those who may be interested. If you don't find it interesting, just don't watch it.

My question was rhetorical. Unless you are adamant in your ways, anyone can be educated.

Perhaps~
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#33 Posted: 21:04:34 30/05/2014
Quote: Windumup
why would you post a serious discussion in stuff and nonsense?

Because, when it matters most, people can shut up and be serious about something on S&N.

My condolences to friends and family of the girl.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#34 Posted: 22:51:40 30/05/2014
I'm sorry for their lose. I hope the best. We had a kid commit suicide in my school once, although I didn't know him, his sister was in my grade. I believe that one teacher broke out in tears when they said it on the announcements so the principal stood in front of the door so no one could go in as the teacher cried.

On the note of the suicide discussion, I agree with joerox and Avatari. Although, to a point, It can be taken as selfish. When i say selfish, i mean that sometimes they can only feel their pain, their sorrow, and their worries. Thus, sometimes when they commit suicide, they aren't thinking of the people they will hurt with their death, heck, some will probably think no one will miss them or even celebrate their death...When people say suicide is the easy way out, I want to just rip them a new one right then and there. It is NOT, in ANY way, the easy way out. Do they actually think that killing yourself is easy? It isn't. They would love to have all their problems go away, not even commit suicide and live a happy life, but no, they are so overcome with pain and whatever they are feeling that the most logical way in their mind is to end their life. People often say to tell an adult and so forth, but not everyone thinks an adult will understand. It's not easy to admit how you are feeling, especially if you are at the point of killing yourself.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me