Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Green Shroomboom spotted at the Times Square ToysRUs
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Green Shroomboom spotted at the Times Square ToysRUs [CLOSED]
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#51 Posted: 22:37:51 25/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Hate to say it but part of the problem is IHWBYD spent probably a pretty penny securing that one given how rare they are. Suddenly finding out they're extremely common would upset anyone, especially after several people secured two of the items in his post on chase variants rather cheaply.

I spent hundreds on Green Gill Grunt, and we know what happened there. Activision has actually provided a disincentive to me in spending real money on those things, as they have proven to me to have changed on a dime. I'm also tired of these "employee" variants. And the four dozen characters for the game instead of two dozen. But I digress.

Yeah, the number of characters has gotten completely out of hand. There must be close to 100 different packaged products for Swap Force when you include single packs, triple packs, battle packs, variants, etc. Does anybody have the number of different packaged products by game? I'm sure it has gone up every time.

Edit: SSA has 65 packs if you count Dark Spyro as different figures because of the regular, Gamescom, etc.

SG has 92 packs if you count Bronze Hot Dog as different figures because of E3, Gamescom, etc.

I don't have all of my SF figures on display because of space limitations so I don't have a count on those yet but I imagine it's a very large number and they're still releasing more.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:00 25/06/2014 by IWHBYD
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 00:44:24 26/06/2014
Aside from the crazy folks who want every single variant, what's the numbers off-hand for actual in-game variants (not "specials" or such).

I know SSA is 37 Characters + 4 Sidekicks + 4 Location Pieces + 9 Magic Pieces - so 54.
#53 Posted: 00:53:09 26/06/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Aside from the crazy folks who want every single variant, what's the numbers off-hand for actual in-game variants (not "specials" or such).

I know SSA is 37 Characters + 4 Sidekicks + 4 Location Pieces + 9 Magic Pieces - so 54.

Giants would be 32 Core Characters + 8 Lightcore + 8 Giants + 4 Sidekicks + 2 Location Pieces + 1(?) Magic piece (the Platinum Treasure Chest, I think this was an orange base) + In Game Variants (not sure how many are in game off the top of my head) = 55 (plus in game variants)

Swap Force would be 32 Core Characters + 8 Lightcores + 16 Swappers + 4 Location Pieces + 4 Magic pieces + In Game Variants (not sure how many are in game off the top of my head) = 64 (plus in game variants)

That's all off the top of my head I could have made an error. It is more with every game for sure though. TT looks to be following this trend.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#54 Posted: 02:44:58 26/06/2014
Quote: IWHBYD

Giants would be 32 Core Characters + 8 Lightcore + 8 Giants + 4 Sidekicks + 2 Location Pieces + 1(?) Magic piece (the Platinum Treasure Chest, I think this was an orange base) + In Game Variants (not sure how many are in game off the top of my head) = 55 (plus in game variants)

Swap Force would be 32 Core Characters + 8 Lightcores + 16 Swappers + 4 Location Pieces + 4 Magic pieces + In Game Variants (not sure how many are in game off the top of my head) = 64 (plus in game variants)

That's all off the top of my head I could have made an error. It is more with every game for sure though. TT looks to be following this trend.

Giants had 14 in-game variants by my count (6 legendary + 8 others)

SSF had 18 in-game variants (4 legendary + 14 others)

Again, these were just me trying to count the in-game variants I had here at the house, plus the two for SSF I didn't get. I almost forgot JFK since I don't have him yet and Kickoff since I didn't want him. So I can only say I think these are right.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#55 Posted: 03:54:36 26/06/2014
Quote: Eggers
Quote: IWHBYD

Giants had 14 in-game variants by my count (6 legendary + 8 others)

SSF had 18 in-game variants (4 legendary + 14 others)

Again, these were just me trying to count the in-game variants I had here at the house, plus the two for SSF I didn't get. I almost forgot JFK since I don't have him yet and Kickoff since I didn't want him. So I can only say I think these are right.

So it went 55 -> 69 -> 82 assuming the numbers we've put together are right, I'm sure they're really close one way or the other. I guess we can expect 95ish for TT... smilie
---
#56 Posted: 12:49:44 26/06/2014
Now... let's say you purchased every *new* character, but no variants/reposes. What would you have to buy? smilie

Using the previously posted numbers:
SSA would be 49.
SG would be 22 (24, since you'd have to get reposes in the battle packs. 25 if you went with the Starter Pack instead of the Portal Owner's Pack).
SSF would be 41 (43 with Battle Packs, 44 if you count having to get the repose in the Starter Pack).
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#57 Posted: 05:27:30 09/07/2014
I know this is an older thread--I've been out of touch here for awhile--was there ever any information about green shroomboom being released?
Thank you
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#58 Posted: 08:19:22 09/07/2014
Nope, not that I recall. After being burned on a green variant (Gilly) no way will I buy this one unless it goes public in a big way. I doubt that will happen now that we know we have a S2 Shroom Boom on the horizon.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:19:48 09/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
BTM_NOVA Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#59 Posted: 23:40:13 09/07/2014
Hey everyone, I'll try to copy my page to prove, but this character will be released soon from TRU. A couple of months ago I checked one of my receipts from TRU and they had the Green Metallic ShroomBoom on the side for purchase. When I saw this, I tried to click on it asap to purchase, but the site told me that there was an internal error. Tried to call customer service and a contact at TRU to purchase, but they told me that it was put on in error and that they could not sell it at the time. It will come out either before or right around the release of TrapTeam so that is why I am not paying a crazy amount on EBay for something that will be released soon.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#60 Posted: 01:10:13 10/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Phew. Thank God. I was really worried about this guy. Let's just hope that it's correct.

Well, it makes sense, because Green Gill Grunt was officially released in stores without warning.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#61 Posted: 01:17:26 10/07/2014
Quote: BTM_NOVA
Hey everyone, I'll try to copy my page to prove, but this character will be released soon from TRU. A couple of months ago I checked one of my receipts from TRU and they had the Green Metallic ShroomBoom on the side for purchase. When I saw this, I tried to click on it asap to purchase, but the site told me that there was an internal error. Tried to call customer service and a contact at TRU to purchase, but they told me that it was put on in error and that they could not sell it at the time. It will come out either before or right around the release of TrapTeam so that is why I am not paying a crazy amount on EBay for something that will be released soon.

I didn't major in marketing, but how stupid is it to release this just before Trap Team and ask customers to purchase a Series 2 version. This would've gone much better if they had sold this in Nov/Dec or Feb/Mar.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#62 Posted: 01:53:30 10/07/2014
Probably about as stupid as coming out of the blue with an Eye Brawl variant when Swap Force was right on top of us.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#63 Posted: 02:37:34 10/07/2014
Probably about as stupid as bringing out two series 1 rares ( red camo and clear whirlwind ) that you cant get here in the United States... (cant even get the LG bundle shipped here)
#64 Posted: 20:51:07 10/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Not sure if this info is correct or not, but I had a ToysRUs employee scan the barcode, and, supposedly, there are a few thousand in the warehouse.
---
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#65 Posted: 21:28:57 10/07/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Not sure if this info is correct or not, but I had a ToysRUs employee scan the barcode, and, supposedly, there are a few thousand in the warehouse.

And people are paying how much for it currently?
Here we go, Metallic green Gill Grunt round 2.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#66 Posted: 21:36:16 10/07/2014
Thanks for the info Matteo
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:55 10/07/2014 by DAWNOFWAR
#67 Posted: 16:55:25 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I have some great news: There are over 7,000 at the nearest ToysRUs warehouse! Looks like he'll definitely be like Gill Grunt.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:15 11/07/2014 by Matteomax
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#68 Posted: 17:49:10 11/07/2014
Matteo, any idea when?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#69 Posted: 18:12:22 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
No street date information yet.
---
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#70 Posted: 18:30:20 11/07/2014
This forum and the people are awesome. TY Matteo for this information.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#71 Posted: 19:32:15 11/07/2014
I have some great news: There are over 7,000 at the nearest ToysRUs warehouse! Looks like he'll definitely be like Gill Grunt.

Where did you get this information? C'mon dude, you know better. I feel sorry for the folks who spent $600+ for these $10 pieces of plastic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:53 11/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#72 Posted: 20:00:37 11/07/2014
Naw, GR, it's okay. As long as everyone gets one "just fine", it's okay.

I mean, sure, someone might have known about this awhile ago and posted it, but 'meh. It's no harm to the community as a whole if folks with early info don't bother sharing it. So long as everyone gets one just fine, we're golden. smilie
#73 Posted: 20:50:30 11/07/2014 | Topic Creator
For those people who want hard proof, go to your local ToysRUs and have them scan the barcode that SandyCrocs posted on her article.

You also might want to try their customer service hotline.
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#74 Posted: 22:49:46 11/07/2014
Just to be on the safe side Matt, is it coming up as a cross reference with any of the others or no?
#75 Posted: 00:39:38 12/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Now that was the issue: His name in their system shows up as "Skylanders Shroom Boom," but regular Shroomboom has a slightly different system name.

Also; Metallic Shroomboom has a unique assortment #.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:52 12/07/2014 by Matteomax
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#76 Posted: 06:36:30 12/07/2014
The following thoughts come to mind:

1. These will be given away as part of the legendry preorder bonsues.
2. These will be released sometime in Aug/Sept as a preorder bonus or as an item to get ppl into the store before Trap Team releases.
3. These could be saved for another "spend 100" promo but it could be limited to just Oct as I dont think they would hold these till Jan again but who knows.
BTM_NOVA Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#77 Posted: 01:56:16 14/07/2014
Thanks Matteomax for confirming my previous post about this guy. I got no where with my TRU contact on a street/release date either.

Brian
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#78 Posted: 13:12:34 29/07/2014
Look to the right in this video at 5:53

Tease...
---
bye
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#79 Posted: 15:35:56 29/07/2014
It's neat to see that the guy has the limited Shroom Boom on his desk, but what got me most is the shirt he's wearing. At this point, what I want most out of this series is actual adult sized Skylanders clothing/accessories. I'm big on t-shirts anyway, and the fact that I haven't been able to some up with anything not sized or specifically meant for kids at this point seems ridiculous to me. Even if they don't directly recognize all of the adult fans of the series, they definitely realize how many parents play with their kids and you'd think they'd take that opportunity to make some adult shirts that match some of the kid ones. (sigh) Maybe one day...

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
CamoForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#80 Posted: 18:01:44 29/07/2014
They sell shirts at Hot Topic
---
If you have any skylanders for sale or trade, please contact me.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#81 Posted: 15:42:12 30/07/2014
Quote: CamoForever
They sell shirts at Hot Topic

Not in my local store or on their website, so it's nothing I've been aware of. Additionally, any Hot Topic I've ever been in is lucky if they carry even a couple of 1x shirts, let alone the 2x or 3x that I need to be comfy with my barrel chested bone structure, so I doubt I'll ever see anything there that would work. I just checked eBay and the only thing coming up are individual element symbol shirts (all medium, I might note). While that's something, it's still disappointing that Activision hasn't thrown out shirt options for adults (fans or parents) with even 10% of the gusto that they have for kids.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#82 Posted: 03:22:08 12/08/2014
any further news on this little guy??
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#83 Posted: 03:28:54 12/08/2014

Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
any further news on this little guy??

I feel between now and oct 4th we will find out, i feel this has to be either some deal much like gill grunt was or it's going to be some sale/promo in the coming months.
#84 Posted: 14:00:35 12/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm getting quite annoyed now.

I might contact ToysRUs Corporate if we don't get any info on this guy soon.
---
#85 Posted: 18:42:13 12/08/2014
I'm getting quite annoyed now.

I might contact ToysRUs Corporate if we don't get any info on this guy soon.

Why are you getting annoyed? TRU never said that they were releasing him then just didn't. There is no reason to be annoyed.
---
Short Cut Green Sparx Gems: 173
#86 Posted: 19:23:48 31/08/2014
I rly want that shroomboom!!
---
Look out for any more chase variants!

smilie smilie smilie Cut to the Chase! smilie smilie smilie
Short Cut Green Sparx Gems: 173
#87 Posted: 19:25:08 31/08/2014
I rly should too!!
---
Look out for any more chase variants!

smilie smilie smilie Cut to the Chase! smilie smilie smilie
Guardie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#88 Posted: 00:22:26 01/09/2014
Went to my local TRU today and they had green shroombooms falling off the shelves on maybe 5 or 6 peg hooks.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#89 Posted: 00:54:01 01/09/2014
I chatted with a employee at my local TRU who's helped me locate some other Skylanders a few times. Very sweet girl lol.

Anyways, she stated the same thing I was told by a friend in another state who works at TRU; the figures are supposed to be held for an "event" on 9/13. Dunno exactly what it is, but probably nothing special besides trying to attract customers into the store.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
D77 Green Sparx Gems: 146
#90 Posted: 03:25:00 01/09/2014
I was at the local TRU with my family today and found a whole case of this fella on the shelf. We put 2 in our cart and went to check out, but the dude said they weren't to be sold until 9/13 for some promo. He called his manager to see if he could sell them, and while we waited he yanked the rest off the shelf. In the end, we got to buy them both and left happy. The guy said we were the first to try to buy one. They had apparently been put on the shelf earlier in the morning, because he said he closed the previous night and had not put them out. He was super cool about the whole ordeal too which made it even better.
#91 Posted: 06:59:44 01/09/2014
Quote: D77
I was at the local TRU with my family today and found a whole case of this fella on the shelf. We put 2 in our cart and went to check out, but the dude said they weren't to be sold until 9/13 for some promo. He called his manager to see if he could sell them, and while we waited he yanked the rest off the shelf. In the end, we got to buy them both and left happy. The guy said we were the first to try to buy one. They had apparently been put on the shelf earlier in the morning, because he said he closed the previous night and had not put them out. He was super cool about the whole ordeal too which made it even better.

Ya this happened when I went the manger only sold us 4 of them (i wanted 6 total for msyelf family and friends etc) then he radio'd over to have them pulled. I did hide my other two somewhere thou in case they for some reason vanish on 9/13 smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me