Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Any way to get Giants portal to light up from PC?
Page 1 of 1
Any way to get Giants portal to light up from PC? [CLOSED]
SkylandersFan27 Blue Sparx Gems: 508
#1 Posted: 23:40:30 21/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm chain-linking my portals and I would like to know if their is any way to get my Giants USB Portal to light up from the PC. The Portal is for the Xbox 360, The OS is Windows 7, and the computer is a Toshiba satellite. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Anyone who helps get featured in a fanfic, if I ever decide to make any fanfics smilie.
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2 Posted: 00:14:54 22/05/2014
Well there used to be a way (back when Skylanders universe was still going, it was the online game thing) there was a portal driver that let computers read the portal and activate light core stuff. sadly Skylanders universe was shut down and there is no official way to download that now (if some one still has a version of it they may be able to send it to you, (but I had to format my computer so I don't still have it).

The only other way would be to find an old copy of the rare pc version Skylandes spyro's advancer (as it will work with all the portals out now).

sorry I could not be of more help.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:08 22/05/2014 by darkrai848
#3 Posted: 00:45:23 22/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Found one at http://uploadgamefr.me/15596/s...e-game-pc.html. Gonna download it now, see how well the drivers do with Skylanders Editor v3 . If the sensor streaming info to the computer interferes with the chain-linking, I'll just remove it. If it does take to v3 though, I should be able to switch between reading the skylanders and chain-linking the portal.... while the light is on.

Edit: The link doesn't work, use this one: http://gamefiley8.info/15596/s...ne-game-pc.html
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:03 22/05/2014 by SkylandersFan27
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#4 Posted: 14:48:41 22/05/2014
The Xbox360 portal is the odd one out, and from my understanding won't light up with PC. The other ones, such as PS3 version, will light up with PC.
#5 Posted: 11:22:11 24/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: tvih
The Xbox360 portal is the odd one out, and from my understanding won't light up with PC. The other ones, such as PS3 version, will light up with PC.

I've just decided to get some alligator clips, battery casings, and a switch and wire it up to light up manually.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#6 Posted: 13:33:14 25/05/2014
That won't work.

It won't light without being "active" which requires the game or PC driver to do something to it.

Actually, to clarify... The PORTAL may light up, but Lightcore figures will not.
I have a portal plugged into my PC right now, it's doing nothing except lighting up and cycling colours. Figures will NOT light up. If I run my app and "activate" the portal it will light figures up.

A battery/power adapter or whatever will not light figures either. If you just want a portal glow though, that should work.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 12:17:15 26/05/2014
Good luck. I wasn't even able to get my portal to work even when Skylanders universe was up and running. I tried installing the driver and it never would install right. It still pops up every time I reboot my computer that it's trying to install the driver, even though I haven't had the portal plugged in since I tried installing it. I probably need to figure out if there's a way to keep it from doing it, but I rarely reboot, so I don't notice it. If there was another reason to get the driver to work, I might be interested in trying to figure out the problem.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#8 Posted: 15:13:47 26/05/2014
By the time i found out about Skylanders Universe the site was closed down...witch realy sucked smilie ...i would have liked to have seen it, from what i have seen and read about it, it looked rather cool. smilie Oh well thats usually my luck... smilie
Anyways, i have the starter set for the Wii(Giants) i got from Wal-mart with the transparent portal(thought it looked cool). when i plug the USB cable into my computer it works just fine.(and i don't remember it installing any drivers(it makes that bink sound an lights up). The Lightcores light up just fine.
So you could go get a Wii Starter Pack and see if its the Portal that is different. After all each console is programed differently...maybe the portals are also....just my two cents. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#9 Posted: 19:53:59 26/05/2014
We've had a few threads about this. I mentioned before that Xbox 360 portals can be powered by any Mac (new or old g4) if you keep it in "os select' mode. You just hold down option when booting and it gives you a choice of hard drive/os.

I have an old ibook I use to power multiple portals with a hub. You can get a crappy old mac for $50 on craigslist. I have an old eMac that's slightly messed up. Some day, I'll put the guts into something cool to power an awesome display for my nephews.
#10 Posted: 01:38:35 02/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Pyrofer
That won't work.

It won't light without being "active" which requires the game or PC driver to do something to it.

Actually, to clarify... The PORTAL may light up, but Lightcore figures will not.
I have a portal plugged into my PC right now, it's doing nothing except lighting up and cycling colours. Figures will NOT light up. If I run my app and "activate" the portal it will light figures up.

A battery/power adapter or whatever will not light figures either. If you just want a portal glow though, that should work.

I'm using a chain-linked Swap Force portal to get Lightcores to light up and the figures into the game. I have gotten it to light up orange though!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me