darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Cyclops Makeover Solo Survival...3 stars?
Page 1 of 1
Cyclops Makeover Solo Survival...3 stars? [CLOSED]
Millerman Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#1 Posted: 15:51:15 14/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Playing on the Wii and I consistently get 2 stars and 165,000 points. Need 190,000 for 3 stars. Any suggestions? It's the last one of solo survivals that I need 3 stars on. Thanks.
---
Thank you Activision for making me spend my hard earned money on frivolous items! I'm sure my kids will understand when their inheritance is Skylander's!
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#2 Posted: 16:03:36 14/05/2014
Is this the one where you need to keep the cyclops from going into the portal?

If so, I used Freeze Ranger to whip enemies away, or the icebeam to freeze them in place. This also keeps you from getting hit, which will keep your multiplyer high.
#3 Posted: 16:23:02 14/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I get the 10x multiplier pretty quickly and avoid getting hit but STILL don't receive enough points at the end. I thought there might be a key to it, like allowing chompies to live longer or something (like in Angry Angry plants you have to allow the chompy pods to spawn a lot of chompies to get the necessary points), but there isn't a way to do that on this level.
---
Thank you Activision for making me spend my hard earned money on frivolous items! I'm sure my kids will understand when their inheritance is Skylander's!
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#4 Posted: 16:34:33 14/05/2014
Try putting it on a higher difficulty if possible
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#5 Posted: 21:59:30 14/05/2014
Definitely a difficulty issue. Beat it on Hard.
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#6 Posted: 22:07:34 14/05/2014
You probably need hard/nightmare mode to complete it.
#7 Posted: 13:40:56 15/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I've tried it on medium difficulty only. I have completed all of the others on medium difficulty. Why would difficulty make such a difference and why would the developers only make the achievement possible in a higher difficulty mode? Seems to me I'm missing something. Has anyone else tried it on medium difficulty and succeeded?
---
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 14:42:14 15/05/2014
Quote: Millerman
I've tried it on medium difficulty only. I have completed all of the others on medium difficulty. Why would difficulty make such a difference and why would the developers only make the achievement possible in a higher difficulty mode? Seems to me I'm missing something. Has anyone else tried it on medium difficulty and succeeded?

The way it works in Swap Force, the higher the difficulty setting, the more points you earn. It doesn't always mean that it's impossible to get three stars on a lower difficulty, but if you're having trouble 3-starring the arena, you might want to turn it up to Hard.
---
Purple dragon.
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#9 Posted: 18:01:40 15/05/2014
Quote: Sboy13

The way it works in Swap Force, the higher the difficulty setting, the more points you earn. It doesn't always mean that it's impossible to get three stars on a lower difficulty, but if you're having trouble 3-starring the arena, you might want to turn it up to Hard.

^ This.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
#10 Posted: 18:22:24 15/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Have any of you attempted this Solo Survival? If so, what level? That's now my main question. I'd be willing to change difficulties if that's the ONLY way to do it. Just find it strange that it would be that way.
---
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#11 Posted: 20:53:49 15/05/2014
When I play solo I only play on hard and nightmare. I just played a medium version of Gobble Pods, the first level. My score was noticably less than when i play on hard. Try it yourself. Play gobblepods on both medium and hard. The experiment takes like 10 minutes.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#12 Posted: 01:52:06 16/05/2014
Yeah, I just tried it on Medium difficulty with my fave, Roller Brawl, and only got 145k. I'd venture to say it's impossible to 3-star on that difficulty. I messed around and lost x10 a couple times. I could see 165k being perfect. I played most the game on Hard and then switched to Nightmare once I had that unlocked, so I'd never noticed anything like that. Sorta makes sense though. You shouldn't really get 3 stars for Easy right? So some levels extend that to Medium as well I suppose.

Edit: My previous record was 220k done on Hard. Did it on NM just now again with Roller Brawl and got 310k.

Edit2: Just got 361k with Rattle Shake on NM.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:42:07 16/05/2014 by samuraituretsky
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 03:48:03 16/05/2014
I liked that Swap Force amped it up to make you NEED or WANT to play harder difficulties...I bet TFB's entry this year will make chomper cuddly able to do everything. That would be a bummer.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#14 Posted: 19:47:57 18/05/2014

If you look at certain accolades, to 100% complete the game, you HAVE TO play everything on Nightmare. So in my eyes, requiring a higher difficulty to earn 3 stars makes perfect sense.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 20:55:54 18/05/2014
Quote: AzarianGO

If you look at certain accolades, to 100% complete the game, you HAVE TO play everything on Nightmare. So in my eyes, requiring a higher difficulty to earn 3 stars makes perfect sense.

Yep, although there's a completion perspective from STARS and completion perspective from accolades. You can theoritically 3 star most of the levels only with Hard, you'll just miss out on the mightmare accolades.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me