Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The race for companion Tessa [CLOSED]
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#1 Posted: 23:28:14 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator
As you all probably noticed companion Tessa is leaving . She is currently on discount that expires on May 18 , which i assume is the same day she runs off .

My little brother loves Companion Tessa. His sole purpose and focus for Lost Islands has been to save enough Gems to have . He just wants her . He does not care what she does or how useful people think she is . He fell in love with her months before we even bought Swop Force Console . While i was still playing he bugged me to get her but , Well i am spend thrift that never held onto more than 170 gems in my life .

As of today he has 1433 gems saved very very few Companions bought . Hyde , Mabu , Softpaw <once we had 6 out of 8 swop elements .> Whiteclaw , Brock , Granny Willow .

What is of slight interest is No Capybara King even though i told him it was a gem of an idea . That might be the make or break difference . He has been playing since December and ol Capy would have been pure profit by now .

I estimate a 50/50 chance he will make enough to get her before the 18th . I did suggest he bite the bullet and spend some real coffee money to buy 100 gems but he said he will wait and see . He is very stubborn that way and yet imagine the glory if he pulls it off in time .
He will probably stop playing Lost islands if Tessa goes beyond his grasp . If he does pull it off , what then ? Thats his own personal main quest . He has not thought about anything beyond that.

Good luck little bro . Big Sis is holding thumbs .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:34:12 13/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Coachjohn2049 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1376
#2 Posted: 06:49:26 14/05/2014
Good luck little bro! That's the beauty of this game if you want Tessa then go and get her. I must admit that I will save my gems for what may come , but if that's what he wants then go for it.
fykerr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#3 Posted: 09:27:57 14/05/2014
I've been tossing it back and forth what to do myself. I'm at 1370 and know I can get to 1500 to snatch her up, but the question is should I? It's taken me a while to save this many gems, as like you, I have a hard time not spending them along the way. My goal was saving for a dark house, which I would have to start all over for, but it's not like I'm going anywhere. But then again, with all the companions leaving, is the dark house far behind?? I am being held back currently by mabu population in not completing tasks, so she would help clear a few of those off the scroll. Hmmm....what to do what to do. And once she's gone what will they bring in next? Or who is leaving next? But my "goal" was to own everyone and everything, so do I risk her not coming back? lol oh Lost Islands, what you do to us smilie
#4 Posted: 11:01:57 14/05/2014 | Topic Creator
If you were saving up for a Dark House i would say buy your Dark house . Its probably more useful then Tessa if it works like a Hall Of Legends . Getting things that give you gems or even give you a chance for gems should be given first choice . Tessa is a pretty gal but she does not put out ................ gems. Its also probably more fun dropping a Dark Force Skylander into the Dark house then poking at Tessa on your island .

I am sure all the Companions who run off will come back sooner or later .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:07:19 14/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 12:51:49 14/05/2014
Dark houses pay poorly--like the dragon house, bird house, scout house, etc. They do not pay out like the giant houses, alter ego houses or halls of legend. Not sure they're worth the gems....
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 14:07:37 14/05/2014
For Dark Houses and Dragon Houses, the gold/energy/experience amounts are similar to the scout/cadette/bird houses, but the gem payouts are like giant/alter-ego/legends.

Since they only take 2 hours, I believe they are worth the cost or not largely based on how frequently you play. If you check your island in the morning before work, and again at the end of the day, they aren't worth it. But if you check multiple times a day, I believe they are. Each time you collect, there is a chance of gems. If you can collect 5 or 6 times a day, you're almost guaranteed to get gems at least once. And I find the gems are frequently 5 or 6 - very rarely 2 or 3.

As for Tessa - good luck to little bro!! I hope you make it in time.
#7 Posted: 23:15:11 14/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I think my brother is going to pull this off . I am impressed he managed to farm more than twice the usual gems today and i took over farming while he power napped .

1475 gems
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:44 14/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#8 Posted: 20:53:13 15/05/2014
im on the same race. my island is pretty big so farming gems isn't a problem. but as soon as they said shes leaving I had to get her. Like someone up above. I have to have everything! and so far ive not missed a thing! only her, cali and avril left. so after I get Tessa I think I will just bite the bullet and buy avril... then time to save for cali :/
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
#9 Posted: 00:02:51 16/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Best of luck friend flumpy . I hope your story has a happy ending too .

Tessa is bagged . 1498 Gems

We farmed all day taking shifts . If he waits one and a half hours to open a giant chest , he can invite her tonight .

Thank you everyone for your well wishes .

<The Next Day .>

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:54:07 16/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#10 Posted: 12:06:12 16/05/2014
Hooray! Congrats Darkerfhoenix!
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#11 Posted: 12:44:54 16/05/2014
Always nice to see a Happily Ever After!
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#12 Posted: 13:50:07 16/05/2014
congratulations on completing your goal! smilie
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
#13 Posted: 15:38:31 16/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much . smilie

I am dying to know what little brother is going to do now that his "Main Quest " has been successful . Will he buy a Capy King ? Seriously he is level 31 and still no King ?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:12 16/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me