darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Skylanders that weren't as good as you thought they would be
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders that weren't as good as you thought they would be [CLOSED]
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 19:07:58 12/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Swap Force
smilie He is really weak and his bottom half is useless.
smilie He isn't weak but he isn't great either. I thought he would be OP but instead he was just decent.

Core
smilie His Scythe was okay but he is easily hit and his second attack is awful and I never use it. His third attack is okay as well since it stuns the enemies. But I though these would be better.
smilie His beam attacks aren't that good and his hover explosion is okay. His Dune Ball is great for defeating enemies by throwing them off the edge of the match with instant kills but his other attacks weren't as great as they should have been.
smilie I just thought his punches would stronger as well as his first slamming.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:21 12/05/2014 by wreckingballbob
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#2 Posted: 19:15:45 12/05/2014
I agree with all of your picks except dune bug. He is a crowd killer and pretty OP in PVE. I would also include rip tide.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#3 Posted: 19:33:51 12/05/2014
Scorp. I heard he was underrated a couple of times and his gameplay looked good in previews. I was really disappointed when I actually played him, and I've hardly picked him up. I can't be bothered to write about him in detail but I just think that his gameplay feels "spammy", for lack of a better word, it is very easy to keep spamming the Avalanche Dash, and his other moves aren't that interesting.

Pop Thorn. He's good, but he's not really fantastic.* By which I mean I don't want to go to my shelf to pick him up and play him whenever I boot up the game, like I do for other great Skylanders, even though he's enjoyable. He has nice attacks but like Scorp he feels "spammy". His attacks are nice, but he doesn't have anything that's really standout. He's still a good Skylander- but he seems to have a lot of fans... And... I just don't get it. I've heard people say he's "overpowered" and maybe that's why, but personally, that doesn't really make me like a Skylander more.

* Fryno feels the same.

I agree with your list, bob... Besides Trap Shadow, as I haven't played him yet (keep hearing he disappointed people, though).
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#4 Posted: 23:37:16 12/05/2014
SWAPPERS

Fire Kraken:
He seemed so over powered in his gameplay vids, but overall isnt that great.

Rattle Shake:
Sucks.

Free Ranger:
Sucks.

Stink Bomb:
Main reason I got him was he was wave 3, life and sneak. Very weak character.

CORES

Scorp:
Very weak and boring gameplay.

Rip Tide:
Seemed like a need to get character, but overall is very underwhelming.

Grim Creeper:
Seemed to be a very good character until I got him...

Zoo Lou:
Sucks.

Bumble Blast:
Sucks, but I thought would be great since lots of people live him.

That's my input
---
Hi
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#5 Posted: 23:49:31 12/05/2014
Cynder smilie
I thought she was fun to play as when I first got her but after I upgraded he she was to powerful for me. She later won the heart of my sister.

And that's actually all I got... I only get the Skylanders that look interesting to me... So far I have only gotten one let down.... From Cynder...
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#6 Posted: 02:31:02 14/05/2014
smilie,smilie,smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 05:49:49 19/05/2014
I agree about Fryno once you upgrade his bike he is fun but his punches are underwhelming.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 06:25:37 19/05/2014
Every swapper!
I just didn't like the Swapping stuff!
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#9 Posted: 20:35:28 19/05/2014
Stink Bomb
Boom Jet
Starstrike
Dune Bug
Rip Tide
Grim Creeper
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#10 Posted: 22:58:28 19/05/2014
Swappers:
smilie - Really held out hope for him, but his mediocrity is annoyingly unbearable in the worst possible ways.
smilie - I perceived Rubble Rouser to be a slow powerhouse; however slow he is relatively weak.
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#11 Posted: 23:34:28 19/05/2014
Eruptor. Whirlwind. Ninjini. Dinorang. Grim Creeper. Flushwing(typo intended). Crusher.
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#12 Posted: 07:21:48 20/05/2014
Blast zone
#13 Posted: 01:51:38 22/05/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite
Swappers:
smilie - Really held out hope for him, but his mediocrity is annoyingly unbearable in the worst possible ways.
smilie - I perceived Rubble Rouser to be a slow powerhouse; however slow he is relatively weak.

Grilla drilla is a challenge to play but to me that makes him enjoyable.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#14 Posted: 12:32:40 22/05/2014
I buy Skylanders because i like how they look , not how strong or weak they are . If they kick butt its just a bonus

< Love you Warlord Popthorn destroyer of the invincible Drobot S1 >
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#15 Posted: 00:45:52 23/05/2014
Giants, too slow, not nearly as good as Swap Force.
#16 Posted: 00:53:26 23/05/2014
I am not a fan of giants either. I mainly buy skylanders by how they looking too. I love animal skylanders the most.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#17 Posted: 23:16:40 24/05/2014
All of The Giants... Ugh, they are WAY too slow in swap force and are just a challenge to play as and i only like smilie smilie and kind of smilie I was also disappointed with smilie because hes really weak, though i still like him. Grilla Drilla is fun, though his punches are slow, and short range, and those turrents are pretty useless. smilie's boar is EXTREMELY SLOW. smilie is bad when your surrounded by a bunch of tough guys. smilie just a bit, seems too basic. smilie is a pain. Don't get me wrong shes cool and all, its just i dont like to try to get her rainbows on the clouds and stuff, and her rainbows are hard to aim, she just seems a bit clunky. Drobot is effective, but is boring becuase all he does is shoot lasers, shoot blades, and fly. smilie is too slow. smilie is just terrible, and his bite is worse range than grillas punches. smilie bomb buddies are useless too. Wow, thats a lot of complaining...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me