Page 1 of 1
Analysis of Kaos and his Mom. [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 21:07:12 08/05/2014 | Topic Creator
http://ghostroaster.com/2014/0...lysis-kaos-mom/ Pretty interesting.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#2 Posted: 23:16:27 08/05/2014
That article comes off bad in the sense of, having a villain have other villain's try to help. I don't understand how that is a bad thing.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 16:12:51 10/05/2014
I think people forget this game is for 6 year olds .

Of course the bad guys are going to be goofy and silly , fuffing around la la land . Sorry Mister "Adult" reviewer you are not the target consumer. Few parents will buy toys if their children are having nightmares and need therapy because of it .

Trying to analyse then moan about a child friendly villians only proves the immaturity the reviewer.

If anyone wants scary content go play Borderlands or Diablo 3 .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:57 10/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 18:19:45 10/05/2014
I beg to differ. There may be a reason for an adult toys to life game, although I agree Skylanders isn't the game for that. I would argue that there can be more "spooky" themed levels like SSA, though. Why do ALL of the levels have to be cheery?

By the way, the article was imo well written and was a good argumentative paper. It was more about character development and that equalizing impact of that on the overall story and series. I don't agree that the villains have to be unbelievable...go ask Disney. Powerful stuff they create, and they target the same age group.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:29:04 10/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 00:31:04 11/05/2014
I am sure TFB did market research after SSA and any negative feedback was noted and incorporated into Giants . Yes there was spooky levels , perhaps a little too spooky for 6 year olds ?

I remember being 6 yrs old and Spiderman was very very scary those days .
I am sure the Darklight Crypt toy set has given many many children nightmares .

I will give that reviewer points about the lore being inconsistent . Thats just sloppy.

He expects Kaos and Mother to be more threatening or serious . What Skylander is he attacking Kaos with ? StinkBomb the Ninja Skunk ? How about Cynder with a Pac Man Ghost on her head ?

My first reaction to most of his arguments are "Whats his point ?" "So what ?"

Adults run to the shop and wrestle and compete with 6 yr olds to buy that cool skylander toy then take offense to the game making them feel like 6 yr olds but they there next week buying another toy .

I enjoy Swopforce and the Kaos tomfoolery . Am i entertained ? Yes Did i laugh ? Yes . i think the game and all its quirky plots and characters have done their job .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#6 Posted: 20:55:30 19/05/2014
A brilliant analysis indeed! Very interesting!
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me