Page 1 of 1
Smolderdash or DuneBug [CLOSED]
Fiend28 Green Sparx Gems: 251
#1 Posted: 18:28:48 08/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Going to take advantage of Target's Buy two get one free offer this week. Definitely want to add Scorp and Zoo Lou to my collection of the ones available at my store my choices for the third are DuneBug or Smolderdash

In you all's opinion which is more fun to play?
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#2 Posted: 18:43:24 08/05/2014
Dunebug is super powerful. His duneball is great for arena battles and crowd control, he is a bit of a one trick poney. Since I like a bit more variety, I would say Smolderdash. Her whip attack looks cool, she has a neat trick where she whips a fire orb to do a range attack, and she has a great AOE move

If I were you, I would nix Zoo Lou from the list and go with the other two. Zoo Lou is one of my least favorite characters.
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#3 Posted: 19:03:35 08/05/2014
Quote: DaMadNes
Dunebug is super powerful. His duneball is great for arena battles and crowd control, he is a bit of a one trick poney. Since I like a bit more variety, I would say Smolderdash. Her whip attack looks cool, she has a neat trick where she whips a fire orb to do a range attack, and she has a great AOE move

If I were you, I would nix Zoo Lou from the list and go with the other two. Zoo Lou is one of my least favorite characters.

What. Dune Bug super powerful? I must be missing something because whenever I play him I lose due to an alarming low damage rate and his superslow speed.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 19:46:05 08/05/2014
Dune Bug has a unique play style, Smolderdash also.

I'd stick with Zoo Lou and Smolderdash. Zoo Lou is really fun.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 20:00:14 08/05/2014
smilie all the way. hes fun, unique and he helped me with the survival arenas and beating those annoying enemies that get on my nerves. He is an overall awesome character.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#6 Posted: 20:12:46 08/05/2014
Hmm... I don't have either, so not much help there. Smolderdash looks awesome, though.
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#7 Posted: 20:16:20 08/05/2014
Dune bug is one of my coisuns best skylanders and he has great power if I were you I wouldn't ask this question and stick with dune bug
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#8 Posted: 21:05:53 08/05/2014
Quote: GoldenCamo

What. Dune Bug super powerful? I must be missing something because whenever I play him I lose due to an alarming low damage rate and his superslow speed.

Dune Bugs dune ball allows you to trap up to 3 enemies at 1 time. You don't have to damage them to kill them, just throw them off a cliff ( no for real, just roll the ball off the edge of the board). This works for all but the largest enemies, so yeah... very powerful.
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#9 Posted: 22:23:55 08/05/2014
Dune Bug rules!!! Smolderdash is more fun to play than Zoo Lou. Scorp is cool. I dig him.
Fiend28 Green Sparx Gems: 251
#10 Posted: 12:30:22 09/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I watched some tournament battles on youtube that Angrygameplay HD did and ZooLou reminds me of a green lantern and that is just too cool to pass up
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 13:10:08 09/05/2014
Quote: GoldenCamo

GoldenCamo is correct in that Dune Bug is underpowered. And he doesn't have the variety to make up for that. I haven't played Dune Bug for a while now, but I didn't enjoy him when I did. I wouldn't say he's superslow (he's certainly not fast, either), but he does have a horribly low damage rate. His only particularly good attack is his Dune Ball, because it can be fun to use, but if you're facing an enemy you can't trap in a Dune Ball then you're toast (though you can just switch to someone else, I guess)- plus, it gets old. He just doesn't deal enough damage. This also makes him less fun to play since you'll essentially be trapping enemies that you can in Dune Balls, and then firing at them to pick them off, which takes a while since he doesn't do much damage. Unless the Dune Ball gimmick really appeals to you then I can't really recommend him.

I'd write about Smolderdash, although I haven't played her much. I did enjoy her, though, and I'd definitely recommend her over Dune Bug. She isn't too overpowered or too weak, and she has a good variety of attacks. I'd say go with Zoo Lou and Smolderdash.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:14:00 09/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#12 Posted: 10:30:28 11/05/2014
I would probably choose Smoulderdash over Dune Bug . I dont know any of their powers but she has a cute cheeky grin .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:31 11/05/2014 by Dark fhoenix
GamerGroovenik Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#13 Posted: 11:09:08 11/05/2014
Smolderdash. Period. On either of her paths she is more fun than Dunebug. You also made a good call with Scorp. On his stinger path, he is one of the most underrated Skylanders out there (one of my go-to Skylanders in a pinch). Zoo Lou is an aquired taste.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#14 Posted: 16:55:25 11/05/2014
Smolderdash, LC if you want the added effect.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#15 Posted: 22:16:15 13/05/2014
SMOLDERDASH!!! i just bought her and shes now my fav character!!!smilie (next to magna charge doom stone) smiliesmiliesmilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#16 Posted: 22:18:55 13/05/2014
btw, Zoo Lou isnt really that good, and his boar attack is EXTREMELY slow, but i still like to use him because of his coolness factor, smilie But still, get smilie
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#17 Posted: 22:19:03 13/05/2014
If you're looking for raw power, Smolderdash. With the Sun Forger path, she has insanely powerful AoE's and normal attacks. She's quite fast too.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#18 Posted: 12:36:47 14/05/2014
No question, Dune Bug looks cool and is unique, but frankly underwhelms in everything. Smolderdash is funner AND stronger.
- Unreall
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me