Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V1.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V1. [CLOSED]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6008
#101 Posted: 01:51:56 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I just love how DummyZ and Ninpire ignored the great point that HCI made regarding forms. lol *wipes tear away from eye* Ah, sweet denial...
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:38:17 20/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2917
#102 Posted: 01:56:53 20/05/2014
Sorry I don't remember items having different forms too. The megastone is like the main part of mega evolution. Plus like somePerson said remakes never really add anything.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#103 Posted: 02:00:52 20/05/2014
Quote: somePerson
Quote: arceustheprime
Gen remakes don't really add stuff though. :/

did you not play heart gold/soul silver

The pokewalker and walking pokemon that didn't make it to another game?

what? it was still a thing added to the game mjuhjihhk
what do you even mean?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:17 20/05/2014 by arceustheprime
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5166
#104 Posted: 02:06:29 20/05/2014

did you not play heart gold/soul silver

The pokewalker and walking pokemon that didn't make it to another game?

what? it was still a thing added to the game mjuhjihhk
what do you even mean?

Add to the franchise.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#105 Posted: 02:17:41 20/05/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I just love how DummyZ and Ninpire ignored the great point that HCI made regarding forms. lol *wipes tear away from eye* Ah, sweet denial...

I completely ignored that repeated statement since it has been said before that Megas are classified as their own thing, not different Pokemon forms ;3

Quote: DummyZ
Maybe a new form for something like Zygarde could be introduced, but not something so drastical as new Megas. GameFreak has always been like this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:20 20/05/2014 by DummyZ
#106 Posted: 02:34:49 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I completely ignored that repeated statement, since it's been said before that Megas are classified as their own thing, not different forms. ;3

They're still basically just different forms, since they are only temporary, unlike actual "evolutions". ;3

It's possible that they might not introduce new Mega Evolutions, but it's more likely than not that they will.

It's kind of like Gen. VI's battle mechanic, just as double battles were Gen. III's, and triple and rotation battles were Gen. V's.

Have they put aside those battle mechanics? No? I didn't think so. I don't think they are just going to waste a fresh battle mechanic in the middle of a generation.

I just don't understand why you act as if there is no chance that they will introduce new Megas, that's all. *shrug*
---

#YangGang
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:52:54 20/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#107 Posted: 02:36:03 20/05/2014
I think Latios and Latias are gonna be the new megas. :/
#108 Posted: 02:37:00 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I think Latios and Latias are gonna be the new megas. :/

Not likely the only ones, though. :/
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:47 20/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#109 Posted: 02:55:15 20/05/2014
If they are in X and Y then they are probably gonna be in R/S because they are comparable with eachother.
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#110 Posted: 02:57:20 20/05/2014
If they are in X and Y then they are probably gonna be in R/S because they are comparable with eachother.

Plus OR/AS could install a patch to your SD Card that let's it contact with X/Y and it's new mega's.
---
words. letters. filler.
#111 Posted: 02:57:47 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
@somePerson -

Probably, which most likely proves that Megas will appear in OR/AS. Not necessarily confirming new Megas, but possibly Megas showing up in the games.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:19 20/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#112 Posted: 03:01:39 20/05/2014
I expect a blazikenite.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#113 Posted: 04:07:47 20/05/2014
And the idea of a patch being able to apply new 3D models and structure them into the game on it's own just seems... odd... Illogical.

I don't agree with you there. For other games, an update that adds content might seems absurd, but this is Pokemon we're talking about here. Nintendo's big guns. The 3DS's major sales mover (I know there was and is other games, but how many of you bought a 3DS primarily for X and Y?) Now, I know we can't confirm anything, but adding new content to one of your best sellers to keep it up to date with another game just seems like a sound business move on Game Freak's part.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#114 Posted: 12:56:06 20/05/2014

I just don't understand why you act as if there is no chance that they will introduce new Megas, that's all. *shrug*

I'm just trying to stick to my opinion here :/
#115 Posted: 18:43:48 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm just trying to stick to my opinion here. :/

*sigh* Since it appears that you aren't actually going to take the time and reply to my entire post, I can see that you're just a brick wall at this point.

No point in bothering talking to you anymore, since all you do is ignore valid points. *shrug*
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:13 20/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#116 Posted: 20:03:29 20/05/2014
I'm just trying to stick to my opinion here. :/

*sigh* Since it appears that you aren't actually going to take the time and reply to my entire post, I can see that you're just a brick wall at this point.

No point in bothering talking to you anymore, since all you do is ignore valid points. *shrug*

I'm not ignoring the possibility; I'm just sticking out to my own opinion.

And to be honest, I just didn't know how to fully respond to that post. I've said what I had to say .-.'
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:09:19 20/05/2014 by DummyZ
#117 Posted: 20:07:47 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm not ignoring the possibility; I'm just sticking to my own opinion.

And to be honest, I just didn't know how to fully respond to that post.

Alright, fair enough. I apologize for my rudeness.
---

#YangGang
#118 Posted: 20:21:34 20/05/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Think about this. What happened to Giratina in Platinum? It was given a new form that was not n the data of Diamond and Pearl. In fact, Shaymin was given a new form and Rotom got 5 new forms (count them, Microwave, Washing Machine, Lawnmower, Fan, Fridge), and all these wondrous forms had different stats, and in the case of Rotom different typing. Now, were any of these forms in the data for Diamond and Pearl? No. Now, fast forward a generation to black two and white two. Kyruem gets two new forms, each of the Cloud-Genie Trio got a new form, and even My Little Keldeo, Melody Girl, and Voltron's Genocidal Bug got the form change, and guess what Genesis Insect got 4 mew forms, all with different stats and different typings.

Now, this proves that in new instalments in the same gen Game Freak can make changes to pokemons. They can give them new forms. And you know what Mega Evolution is? A new form. And with the magical power of updates, we can format X and Y to register these mega evolutions, and hell we can even make them purchasable at the otherwise useless stone-shop in Lumiose City.

ACTUALLY, Genosect didn't get new stats or typing when holding the drives. All it did was change the typing of Techno Blast.
---
words. letters. filler.
#119 Posted: 20:51:59 20/05/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: Ninpire
Plus like somePerson said remakes never really add anything.

Whaaa...? If remakes didn't add anything besides shiny new graphics, they'd scarcely be remakes at all. I know I'm not a Pokemon expert or anything, but it would be foolish to not utilize all the new features X and Y introduced. It would be extremely underwhelming otherwise.

Despite what you think that's pretty much what pokemon remakes are. They're remaking an old game with better graphics. That's it.

@Sess&HCI Why would they bother putting Mega Latios and Latias into XY if they could just add them in later? I mean it would make more sense to NOT put them in the game if they wanted it to be a secret. Latios and Latias are probably going to be the only new megas imo.

And about the whole fairness thing... Charizard got 2 megas while Blastoise and Venusaur only got one. So I don't think Game Freak really cares about fairness.

Btw if I turn out to be wrong later you guys can go ahead and laugh at me all you want....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:57:29 20/05/2014 by Ninpire
#120 Posted: 21:15:49 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Why would they bother putting Mega Latios and Latias into X/Y if they could just add them in later?
I mean it would make more sense to NOT put them in the game if they wanted it to be a secret.
Latios and Latias are probably going to be the only new Megas, imo.

And about the whole fairness thing... Charizard got two Megas, while Blastoise and Venusaur only got one, so I don't think Game Freak really cares about fairness.

They are most likely beta or perhaps just little easter eggs hidden within the game data that was meant to hint at R/S remakes, at least in my opinion.

Yes, but Blastoise and Venusaur still got Megas, unlike Sceptile and Swampert.

I understand that Charizard got two, but that's most likely because of how overrated he is. (still one of my favorite Pokemon, just extremely overrated)

Mewtwo also got two Megas, and we all know how popular and overrated Mewtwo is...
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:05 20/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#121 Posted: 21:30:57 20/05/2014
Yeah Charizard is probably the most overrated pokemon out there but that's because he's an awesome beast. So I forgive it. But Blaziken is stupidly popular too though because of his hidden ability.
#122 Posted: 21:36:39 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah Charizard is probably the most overrated Pokémon out there, but that's because he's an awesome beast. So I forgive it.

But Blaziken is stupidly popular too, though, because of his hidden ability.

Yeah, that is true. lol
---

#YangGang
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 6835
#123 Posted: 23:18:45 20/05/2014
I see both sides of the argument on the whole Mega Evo thing. I do hope Swampert and Sceptile will get Mega Evolutions, but I can see why people would think it wouldn't happen. I don't think it's impossible though. GameFreak has surprised us before, and people have given valid arguments as to why more would be added. If they don't add any, I just hope they don't make Blaziken's mega stone available. It just doesn't seem like it would be right to the other two.
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4573
#124 Posted: 23:49:31 20/05/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Think about this. What happened to Giratina in Platinum? It was given a new form that was not n the data of Diamond and Pearl. In fact, Shaymin was given a new form and Rotom got 5 new forms (count them, Microwave, Washing Machine, Lawnmower, Fan, Fridge), and all these wondrous forms had different stats, and in the case of Rotom different typing. Now, were any of these forms in the data for Diamond and Pearl? No. Now, fast forward a generation to black two and white two. Kyruem gets two new forms, each of the Cloud-Genie Trio got a new form, and even My Little Keldeo, Melody Girl, and Voltron's Genocidal Bug got the form change, and guess what Genesis Insect got 4 mew forms, all with different stats and different typings.

Now, this proves that in new instalments in the same gen Game Freak can make changes to pokemons. They can give them new forms. And you know what Mega Evolution is? A new form. And with the magical power of updates, we can format X and Y to register these mega evolutions, and hell we can even make them purchasable at the otherwise useless stone-shop in Lumiose City.

ACTUALLY, Genosect didn't get new stats or typing when holding the drives. All it did was change the typing of Techno Blast.

Even then, HCI is wrong anyway as Genesect's forms and Meloetta's form were available in B/W, yet the 2 weren't released until B2/W2 was available. Keldeo & the Kami trio's forms were new to B2W2 though.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#125 Posted: 23:49:55 20/05/2014
The whole mega thing is new so they can add it as they please. You can't pull the "they can't add a patch thing" without seeing it happen or GameFreak stating that they can't. Pokemon X and Y and Verions similar to apple devices like iOS 6. I looked at it once the Version of my X game was 1.2. So they can easily make it 2.0 to compensate for OR/AS easily. Besides if these games were full remakes, then they wouldn't compensate for the new evolutions of the older pokemon like Mamoswine, Rhyoerior, and Togekiss.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2947
#126 Posted: 00:17:00 21/05/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
Plus like somePerson said remakes never really add anything.

Whaaa...? If remakes didn't add anything besides shiny new graphics, they'd scarcely be remakes at all. I know I'm not a Pokemon expert or anything, but it would be foolish to not utilize all the new features X and Y introduced. It would be extremely underwhelming otherwise.

Despite what you think that's pretty much what pokemon remakes are. They're remaking an old game with better graphics. That's it.

@Sess&HCI Why would they bother putting Mega Latios and Latias into XY if they could just add them in later? I mean it would make more sense to NOT put them in the game if they wanted it to be a secret. Latios and Latias are probably going to be the only new megas imo.

And about the whole fairness thing... Charizard got 2 megas while Blastoise and Venusaur only got one. So I don't think Game Freak really cares about fairness.

Btw if I turn out to be wrong later you guys can go ahead and laugh at me all you want....

Sorry to interrupt but both of the past 2 remakes have added new features and updated other things in the game. FR/LG added the sevi islands among other things which was their own mini adventure. And HG/SS added a battle frontier, some new areas, new features, etc. Remakes always do more than up the graphics <.< unless the creation trio were in gen 2, and i'll be a Mankey's uncle if u say they were lol

Anywho though, the reasons stated before do make sense. But i feel like there is a good possibility to add new megas, at least a few. If i remember correctly, before the release of XY they were throwing around the idea of DLC. A few new mega and mega stones wouldnt be that big to add in considering the game already contains models for over 721 regular pokemon. Plus once future games come out updates will have to be made. With pokebank being a thing, they gotta try to keep games compatible....unless they want to do a new pokebank every gen
---
Praise Helix!!!
#127 Posted: 21:12:31 21/05/2014
Ah yeah you're right ace. I was thinking about the pokemon and not really the games themselves. My bad.
#128 Posted: 16:18:21 07/06/2014
OH MY LORD. COROCORO LEAKED.
MEGA DIANCIE, SCEPTILE, AND SWAMPERT CONFIRMED. SCEPTILE GOES TO GRASS/DRAGON, WHILE DIANCIE IS "?".
[User Posted Image]
No idea if Kyogre/Groudon were confirmed Mega's but they're called Primal/Primeval/Prehistoric (translation sucks).
[User Posted Image]
Steven Stone returns and has Mega Charizard X, and is interested in Mega Evolution
[User Posted Image]
The new Brendan/May, and they carry around the Mega Bangle used for Mega Evolution
[User Posted Image]
The revamped Team Magma/Aqua
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:17 07/06/2014 by TacoMakerSkys
#129 Posted: 16:56:57 07/06/2014
Steven being all fabulous.. Swampert becomes a Quilladon? 3D GRAPHICS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIKES RETURN OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna go with Treecko on this game. If Steven is a researcher for Megas does that mean Mega Metagross?

Mega Swampert looks like Cannonbolt from Ben 10 actually.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:26:15 07/06/2014 by somePerson
#130 Posted: 17:24:19 07/06/2014
He reminds me of the new design for Knuckles in Sonic Boom.
---
words. letters. filler.
#131 Posted: 17:29:15 07/06/2014
It's ability is Swift Swim but its slow? Ok. Sceptile with Lightning Rod even though grass resists towards electric.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:30:15 07/06/2014 by somePerson
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#132 Posted: 17:29:30 07/06/2014
So um they aren't megas? Serebii's wording was a bit odd.

Either way we have a name for them now
Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon ftw.

Also Mega Swampert looks like mega gyarados
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#133 Posted: 17:34:58 07/06/2014
Quote: Windumup

Serebii doesn't really know what they're talking about right now. They're confusing. It's being called by other sources "Ancient Devolution"
---
words. letters. filler.
kardonis Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5369
#134 Posted: 17:44:47 07/06/2014
I'm hoping Sceptile gets some awesome fighting type move to counter that horrid 4x weakness to ice.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#135 Posted: 17:48:58 07/06/2014
Quote: Windumup

Serebii doesn't really know what they're talking about right now. They're confusing. It's being called by other sources "Ancient Devolution"

Serebii said that it is Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval forms while stating that it was the effect of Ancient Devolution.

Also Primal forms?

SINNOH CONFIRMED!
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:48 07/06/2014 by Windumup
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#136 Posted: 17:55:08 07/06/2014
You guys know how some people who wanted Gen 3 to be remade hated Gen 5 and 6? It's funny because eventually the remake cycle will get there too....
#137 Posted: 17:55:53 07/06/2014
I have just been proved wrong, oh well, nice way to suprise me GameFreak ^.^

EDIT: OH MY LORD DOES STEVEN STONE HAVE A LV100 MEGA CHARIZARD X?!
WHAT
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:33 07/06/2014 by DummyZ
#138 Posted: 18:19:44 07/06/2014
I have just been proved wrong, oh well, nice way to suprise me GameFreak ^.^

EDIT: OH MY LORD DOES STEVEN STONE HAVE A LV100 MEGA CHARIZARD X?!
WHAT

Lets kill it with a level 1 Aron with sturdy+Shell Bell+ endeavor+ sandstorm.
---
#139 Posted: 18:32:46 07/06/2014
I thought Steven was a rock trainer? Mega Agron!
#140 Posted: 20:54:32 07/06/2014
On one hand, I miss May's bandana... on the other hand, her new design and that head band thing is absolutely freaking adorable.

And thankfully we were right about Swampert and Sceptile. Now deciding between Torchic and Mudkip is going to be even harder.
azz01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#141 Posted: 21:05:39 07/06/2014
Now that I see these scans I am going to play as May and still pick Blaziken.I also hope they add more rival battles with the character you did not pick since the ones in R,S and E were lack luster since their was so few.
---
Go into Orbit, stan LOOΠΔ!
Stream favOriTe
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#142 Posted: 21:08:35 07/06/2014
Now we have to wait and see what primal version for reshiram, kyreum, and zero since all three together were one pokemon altogether.

AND I called Sceptile being grass dragon yaaaas.. But lightning rod... Seriously
#143 Posted: 21:12:10 07/06/2014
Team Mgama has a fat while Aqua has a buff guy. But at least both have sex symbols.
#144 Posted: 21:38:09 07/06/2014
Poor Archie... what have they done to you...
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
#145 Posted: 21:43:01 07/06/2014
I actually like their new designs... except that one Magma admin who changed so drastically you couldn't really tell they were the same person.

Primal Kyogre and Groudon look epic and all, but "devolution?" That sounds like a demotion. What, are they going to be less strong or have different stats because their stats changed over the years? Or is it just a different look? I dunno, hopefully it'll make more sense later.
#146 Posted: 21:52:01 07/06/2014
Poor Archie... what have they done to you...
[User Posted Image]

What I want to know is what happened to Maxie.
[User Posted Image]

Looks like Magma are more science based while Aqua are more Pirate based?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:02 07/06/2014 by somePerson
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4573
#147 Posted: 22:34:00 07/06/2014
The new May/Brendan designs are interesting. You can actually see Brendan's hair now and can tell that he's wearing a hat. Finding out that was a hat originally was such a mind-blow'er.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#148 Posted: 23:04:38 07/06/2014
Wait, BRENDAN HAS BROWN HAIR!!
Matteomax Hunter Gems: 4739
#149 Posted: 23:34:17 07/06/2014
Wait, BRENDAN HAS BROWN HAIR!!

wait wat

That was a hat?

My whole life is a lie.
---
Not as active as I once was but I'm still keeping watch here.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me