Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V1.
First | Page 2 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V1. [CLOSED]
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#51 Posted: 13:32:45 10/05/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
@DummyZ -

I'm pretty sure that they will be introducing new mega evolutions, actually.

It wouldn't be fair if Blaziken is the only Hoenn starter with a mega evolution, as this would extremely disadvantage the other two Hoenn starters.

Also, there are mega evolutions for Latios and Latias, which most likely won't be available normally in X or Y, but rather in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, thus furthering the possibility of new mega evolutions.

Also, it wouldn't be a wise choice for them to not introduce more mega evolutions, as they are kind of the gimmick for Gen. VI, along with 3D graphics, of course.

In my book, just because one starter got them, doesn't necesarilly mean that the others need them. By that logic, Mew and Gallade should've gotten Megas as well considering they both share relationships with other Pokemon who got Megas. There could've always been a reason why only Blaziken got one (fan-favorite, maybe?). In any case, Mega Swampert and Sceptile would've been in X/Y's coding, just like Mega Latios and Latias were.

Being of course speculation, Megas in the new games are still possible, but I really don't think GF will be changing their process just like that :/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:35:10 10/05/2014 by DummyZ
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3046
#52 Posted: 15:33:34 10/05/2014
Also, I'd like to note that Kyogre has the Team Aqua symbol on it's head. Maybe the Teams are making their own megastones for Kyogre and Groudon? Sort of like forced evolution?
---
oh my god its knuckles
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#53 Posted: 17:57:35 10/05/2014
Quote: DummyZ
Quote: Sesshomaru75
@DummyZ -

I'm pretty sure that they will be introducing new mega evolutions, actually.

It wouldn't be fair if Blaziken is the only Hoenn starter with a mega evolution, as this would extremely disadvantage the other two Hoenn starters.

Also, there are mega evolutions for Latios and Latias, which most likely won't be available normally in X or Y, but rather in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, thus furthering the possibility of new mega evolutions.

Also, it wouldn't be a wise choice for them to not introduce more mega evolutions, as they are kind of the gimmick for Gen. VI, along with 3D graphics, of course.

In my book, just because one starter got them, doesn't necesarilly mean that the others need them. By that logic, Mew and Gallade should've gotten Megas as well considering they both share relationships with other Pokemon who got Megas. There could've always been a reason why only Blaziken got one (fan-favorite, maybe?). In any case, Mega Swampert and Sceptile would've been in X/Y's coding, just like Mega Latios and Latias were.

Being of course speculation, Megas in the new games are still possible, but I really don't think GF will be changing their process just like that :/

Considering how X and Y need SD Cards to play, OR/AS could install a patch for X/Y.
---
words. letters. filler.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#54 Posted: 18:01:30 10/05/2014
Hoping Swampert and Sceptile get Megas. It would be amazing if Meha Sceptile were Grass/Dragon
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#55 Posted: 18:15:25 10/05/2014
Cant wait for the gameplay footage coming out later today smilie
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
azz01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#56 Posted: 18:30:22 10/05/2014
Wait what!!!!!New snapshots?!
---
Go into Orbit, stan LOOΠΔ!
Stream favOriTe
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#57 Posted: 18:53:16 10/05/2014
Quote: Rand O M
Hoping Swampert and Sceptile get Megas. It would be amazing if Meha Sceptile were Grass/Dragon

NO

DO NOT PUT A 4X ICE WEAKNESS ON THAT

NO
---
you never saw me
#58 Posted: 19:17:18 10/05/2014
Quote: azz01

Remember the show that gave us X and Y news? They are back for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire news
---
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6008
#59 Posted: 19:24:57 10/05/2014 | Topic Creator
@DummyZ -

But Mew and Gallade aren't related to Mewtwo and Gardevoir in the same way that the Hoenn starters are related to each other.

Starters are the Pokémon that you choose at the beginning of your quest, and for many players they are the main, or one of the main, Pokémon on their team.

Like I said before, it would leave Sceptile and Swampert at an extreme disadvantage if Blaziken is the only one with a mega evolution, which honestly isn't fair to players who choose either of those former two.

Personally, I think the only reason why Blaziken was the only Hoenn starter to receive a mega evolution in X and Y was because if they had given all three of them mega evolutions, but not the starters of the other three generations (I'm not counting the current generation), it would have been too obvious that they were going to remake Gen. III. Blaziken was kind of like a foreshadowing of what was to come.

And what makes you think that they would have been in X and Y's programming?
Were Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in the programming of Black and White? No. Their special moves were, yes, but not they themselves.

And what? Game Freak has changed their process already.
Ever since Gen. II, each two new games received a "director's cut" of sorts in the from of Crystal (Gen. II), Emerald (Gen. III), and Platinum (Gen. IV).
However, Gen. V didn't receive a "director's cut", but rather two sequels, which Game Freak had never done before.

Also, for Gen. III and Gen. IV we had received remakes of previous generations, yet in Gen. V we didn't
(though it was probably with good reason, as Gen. V began around the time the 3DS was released).

I don't think it would be really all that surprising for Game Freak to change up things a bit, seeing as they haven't be afraid to do so as of late.

Also, as another user had pointed out, they could just release a patch for X and Y that includes whatever new things that Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have to offer.
I'm not entirely sure as to how that would work, or if even would, but it sounds like it makes sense. *shrug*
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:50 10/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#60 Posted: 19:43:07 10/05/2014

GRASS/DARK PLEASE
---
words. letters. filler.
#61 Posted: 19:43:30 10/05/2014
Or Maybe, Mega Blaziken was just a way to tease us.
---
words. letters. filler.
#62 Posted: 19:47:18 10/05/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

GRASS/DARK PLEASE

U-turn! D:
#63 Posted: 19:50:07 10/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Mega Sceptile as a Grass/Dark Type would be ****ing amazing. I already love Sceptile, but that would make me love it even more. <333333

Or maybe, Mega Blaziken was just a way to tease us.

That's kind of what I was trying to say.

Mega Blaziken was really just a way of teasing us for Gen. III remakes.
Now that we are getting them, it's easily possible that Sceptile and Swampert could be receiving mega evolutions as well.
---

#YangGang
azz01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#64 Posted: 20:11:25 10/05/2014
Quote: Windumup
Quote: azz01

Remember the show that gave us X and Y news? They are back for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire news

Oh I see.
---
Go into Orbit, stan LOOΠΔ!
Stream favOriTe
#65 Posted: 23:54:40 10/05/2014 | Topic Creator

New footage.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:53 10/05/2014 by Sesshomaru75
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#66 Posted: 01:28:58 11/05/2014
That was disappointing.....I have lost all hype for these games now....
PSYCH! That was epic! They look BEAUTIFUL in X and Y graphics! It is however disappointing that that's all we got....I've been at my computer all day just for a cutscene showing their abilities (Not worth it). They look good, as I said before (almost like Wii graphi-*shot*), but that's about it...
#67 Posted: 01:34:24 11/05/2014
O.O these are the mega evolutions definitely
I watched Pokémon Get☆Tv (through youtube) and I heard them say "Mega Shinka" which means as expected, mega evolution.
---
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#68 Posted: 02:07:02 11/05/2014
I watched Pokémon Get☆Tv (through youtube) and I heard them say "Mega Shinka" which means as expected, mega evolution.

Sigh
Quote: joerox123
We don't need this thread, we've got an official topic. And no, they did not say mega shinka, they said "Hmm, the Kyogre and Groudon appear to be different. Could they be mega evolutions?". It's not confirmed 100% yet, but it's led on that they are.

Anyways, CoroCoro is either leaking today, this weekend, or this week (100%), so we'll be getting some news then! Probably like two pages where they show the box art and in-game pics we've seen then five pages of Diancie move crap, but who knows!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5166
#69 Posted: 02:25:02 11/05/2014
CoroCoro is monthly right?
#70 Posted: 02:25:44 11/05/2014
Quote: somePerson
CoroCoro is monthly right?

Anytime from the 10th - 16th in Japan, yes.
---
#71 Posted: 02:29:36 11/05/2014
They usually leak minor things first though.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#72 Posted: 02:32:06 11/05/2014
Umm, guys, have we gotten any update on Diancie or how to get it yet other then the movie?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#73 Posted: 02:34:40 11/05/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Umm, guys, have we gotten any update on Diancie or how to get it yet other then the movie?

Wrong topic.
#74 Posted: 02:42:53 11/05/2014

When the first CoroCoro for HGSS came out, it showed the updated Starter artwork alongside the new protags, that's pretty huge.
---
#75 Posted: 02:43:34 11/05/2014

Sigh
We don't need this thread, we've got an official topic. And no, they did not say mega shinka, they said "Hmm, the Kyogre and Groudon appear to be different. Could they be mega evolutions?". It's not confirmed 100% yet, but it's led on that they are.

Anyways, CoroCoro is either leaking today, this weekend, or this week (100%), so we'll be getting some news then! Probably like two pages where they show the box art and in-game pics we've seen then five pages of Diancie move crap, but who knows!

Omg your starting to get annoying.

I know what I heard
---
#76 Posted: 02:44:33 11/05/2014

When the first CoroCoro for HGSS came out, it showed the updated Starter artwork alongside the new protags, that's pretty huge.

I guess so. I hope May is hot though.
#77 Posted: 04:51:18 11/05/2014

Sigh

Omg your starting to get annoying.

I know what I heard

You heard mega shinka, and look at the bold:
---
#78 Posted: 12:15:33 11/05/2014
I CALLED IT! CoroCoro only revealed the boxes and that Groudon and Kyogre are in it. Wow.
---
#79 Posted: 13:38:33 11/05/2014
What if this was all a prank by Nintendo. e_e
#80 Posted: 13:46:10 11/05/2014
^OMG YESSS!
#81 Posted: 18:08:46 11/05/2014
O well, next week we should be getting more then a mere 42 seconds of game footage
---
#82 Posted: 19:04:55 11/05/2014
Or maybe when E3 arrives.
---
words. letters. filler.
#83 Posted: 00:05:41 18/05/2014
News coming out later today, will edit this post when it does
---
#84 Posted: 00:55:38 18/05/2014
Who says?
#85 Posted: 02:10:33 18/05/2014
There wasn't any news confirmed for this week. Only confirmed upcoming news is Corocoro's July Issue, which comes out around July10-15th, and by that time, we may see the exact same news at E3.
---
words. letters. filler.
#86 Posted: 02:28:56 18/05/2014
Quote: isaac343018s
Who says?

Says weekly Japanese TV show "PokemonStarTV"

Although they may pull another "Cutscene" on us
---
#87 Posted: 05:00:37 18/05/2014
Who says?

Just because it's on each week doesn't mean they'll be bringing us news each week.
---
words. letters. filler.
#88 Posted: 05:46:30 18/05/2014
Who says?

Just because it's on each week doesn't mean they'll be bringing us news each week.

They will show something at least, and at this point pretty much anything counts as "news" for ORAS
---
#89 Posted: 05:58:14 18/05/2014

They will show something at least, and at this point pretty much anything counts as "news" for ORAS

Considering how it's been nearly 7 hours since it aired, and no news was reported, I call your claim bull****
---
words. letters. filler.
#90 Posted: 20:37:13 18/05/2014
Well they ended up revealing absolutely nothing

Why must Japanese TV hate me so?
---
#91 Posted: 21:04:02 18/05/2014
Well they ended up revealing absolutely nothing

Why must Japanese TV hate me so?

So ironic.
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6036
#92 Posted: 20:59:43 19/05/2014
Kyogre is the Alpha whale!
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you cannot handle me at my pumpkin sweetest

icon from Empoh
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2917
#93 Posted: 21:24:23 19/05/2014
Quote: DummyZ
Am I the only one who seriously thinks there won't be any new Mega Evolutions? Every time they introduce moves, items, and new Pokemon entirely, was when a new generation started. Considering these are remakes and all, but they are still 6th Gen. Maybe a new form for something like Zygarde could be introduced, but not something so drastical as new Megas. GameFreak has always been like this.

Thank you.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#94 Posted: 23:04:15 19/05/2014
Think about this. What happened to Giratina in Platinum? It was given a new form that was not n the data of Diamond and Pearl. In fact, Shaymin was given a new form and Rotom got 5 new forms (count them, Microwave, Washing Machine, Lawnmower, Fan, Fridge), and all these wondrous forms had different stats, and in the case of Rotom different typing. Now, were any of these forms in the data for Diamond and Pearl? No. Now, fast forward a generation to black two and white two. Kyruem gets two new forms, each of the Cloud-Genie Trio got a new form, and even My Little Keldeo, Melody Girl, and Voltron's Genocidal Bug got the form change, and guess what Genesis Insect got 4 mew forms, all with different stats and different typings.

Now, this proves that in new instalments in the same gen Game Freak can make changes to pokemons. They can give them new forms. And you know what Mega Evolution is? A new form. And with the magical power of updates, we can format X and Y to register these mega evolutions, and hell we can even make them purchasable at the otherwise useless stone-shop in Lumiose City.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#95 Posted: 23:10:39 19/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I actually completely agree with HCI for once. Wow, today is really scary...
---

#YangGang
#96 Posted: 23:23:52 19/05/2014
In my opinion, while I don't know if it's possible, I don't think they could "patch" X/Y for new Megas. The patches were simply made for minor bug fixes, remember. And the idea of a patch being able to apply new 3D models and structure them into the game on it's own just seems... odd... illogical.

And don't forget, every single game Nintendo makes has their Internet functions as extra functions, since not everyone (even though everyone does) might have internet access, and games must not be limited by this. Including Megas would be a big part that counts as a main story because they should be accessible by main cartridge, and not allowing the players without Internet to have them would just go out of their favor.
#97 Posted: 23:30:34 19/05/2014
Gen remakes don't really add stuff though. :/
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#98 Posted: 00:21:52 20/05/2014

did you not play heart gold/soul silver
#99 Posted: 00:25:56 20/05/2014
Quote: arceustheprime

did you not play heart gold/soul silver

The pokewalker and walking pokemon that didn't make it to another game?
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2917
#100 Posted: 01:42:13 20/05/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Think about this. What happened to Giratina in Platinum? It was given a new form that was not n the data of Diamond and Pearl. In fact, Shaymin was given a new form and Rotom got 5 new forms (count them, Microwave, Washing Machine, Lawnmower, Fan, Fridge), and all these wondrous forms had different stats, and in the case of Rotom different typing. Now, were any of these forms in the data for Diamond and Pearl? No. Now, fast forward a generation to black two and white two. Kyruem gets two new forms, each of the Cloud-Genie Trio got a new form, and even My Little Keldeo, Melody Girl, and Voltron's Genocidal Bug got the form change, and guess what Genesis Insect got 4 mew forms, all with different stats and different typings.

Now, this proves that in new instalments in the same gen Game Freak can make changes to pokemons. They can give them new forms. And you know what Mega Evolution is? A new form. And with the magical power of updates, we can format X and Y to register these mega evolutions, and hell we can even make them purchasable at the otherwise useless stone-shop in Lumiose City.

I doubt a patch can add new game content. I also doubt a patch could add new items into the games too. So uh... no.
First | Page 2 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me