Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Doom Stone release date 5/13 [CLOSED]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#101 Posted: 17:12:15 13/05/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple
I also got Doom Stone at my local TRU early today. There are only 5 Doom Stone per box, and they only got 4 boxes in. The other local TRU near me said their schedule showed the shipment would arrive on Tuesday, so they should be in by opening. Virginia.

Did you see the box yourself? prim, on CAG, said there were 6 per box (if a difference of 1 really matters). Knowing TRU, they should have plenty of them. They've never been too short on new Skylanders when it has come to Swap Force. It's just a matter of the employees putting them out.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#102 Posted: 17:43:54 13/05/2014
There were a dozen or so in my tru, they were hidden from the main racks though, all were tucked away in one of those smaller stands they keep around the big ones.
Has anyone found any if the variant ones yet?
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#103 Posted: 18:00:35 13/05/2014
Got mine at Colorado Springs TRU. They had plenty.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#104 Posted: 18:03:59 13/05/2014
Found him at the TRU in Milford, CT around noon, they had plenty. Picked him up with LC Bumbleblast. Paid too much of course, but will bring them back next week if there's a sale.

I went to Walmart in Derby,CT today for something completely unrelated and was surprised to see they had about a half dozen Doom Stones out too. Would've got him there if i knew and saved some money, time, and gas!
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#105 Posted: 18:51:24 13/05/2014
Found him at my TRU. They only had 4 and they were behind the counter. I got one!
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#106 Posted: 19:13:10 13/05/2014
Got mine at TRU in Fayetteville, GA. A worker went to the back and brought him out. So, I'm not sure how many they had.
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#107 Posted: 19:35:35 13/05/2014
Got mine from Walmart so saved on the TRU upcharge!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#108 Posted: 19:49:08 13/05/2014
The box assortment contains one Night Shift and one Fire Kraken if you still need them.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#109 Posted: 20:30:45 13/05/2014
Well I'm beyond pissed off. My stupid crap box 360 scratched my swap Force game to death and now I can't play it. THis is so typical, the one day I really want to play it, the day I finally complete my swap force collection, it does this, AGAIN. Looks like this x box is getting hammered to death tonight, also looks like I'm getting Trap Team for the wii u. It was working fine on Saturday, friggin ridiculous.
---
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#110 Posted: 20:35:10 13/05/2014
Just called my local TRU, and they claimed to still have a decent sized stock of DoomStone. Got them to set one aside for me just in case. Dont want to worry about the after work/after school rush. Heading up that way within a hour to pick it up.
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#111 Posted: 20:37:03 13/05/2014
Quote: flashwingftw
Well I'm beyond pissed off. My stupid crap box 360 scratched my swap Force game to death and now I can't play it. THis is so typical, the one day I really want to play it, the day I finally complete my swap force collection, it does this, AGAIN. Looks like this x box is getting hammered to death tonight, also looks like I'm getting Trap Team for the wii u. It was working fine on Saturday, friggin ridiculous.

If you installed the game into your 360, you wouldnt have to worry about the scratches. Just having the disk in (if the game is installed) is enough for it to read what you are playing.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
#112 Posted: 21:15:38 13/05/2014
Quote: Chibilove

If you installed the game into your 360, you wouldnt have to worry about the scratches. Just having the disk in (if the game is installed) is enough for it to read what you are playing.

How does one do that?
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#113 Posted: 21:49:23 13/05/2014
Handful of DoomStones left at TRU in Columbia, MD for any Maryland based Portalmasters.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#114 Posted: 22:33:12 13/05/2014
Chicago - called my local TRU, they are saying he won't be out till sunday. Is that weird or what.

I smell a hustle
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#115 Posted: 22:33:27 13/05/2014
My TRU had 30+ Doom's (Florida)
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#116 Posted: 22:40:39 13/05/2014
Anyone finding the Doom variant?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#117 Posted: 22:42:36 13/05/2014
I think ToysRUs got a different assortment than Walmart did. I bet the Walmart boxes contained Trap Shadow and Stink Bomb. This one had Doom Stone, Stink Bomb, Night Shift, Rubble Rouser, and Fire Kraken.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:10 13/05/2014 by Matteomax
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#118 Posted: 22:53:57 13/05/2014
Out of town for work again... got mine at a Walmart in Southern Indiana. Had several.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#119 Posted: 22:57:03 13/05/2014 | Topic Creator

Another option is you could rebuy just the game. The game itself isnt very expensive maybe like $10-15 <.<

Anyways i just picked up my Doom Stone smilie now i just gotta pick up the few randoms i missed since release and i'm set lol
Yay my info was helpful for once!
---
Praise Helix!!!
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#120 Posted: 23:55:05 13/05/2014
Quote: Matteomax
I think ToysRUs got a different assortment than Walmart did. I bet the Walmart boxes contained Trap Shadow and Stink Bomb. This one had Doom Stone, Stink Bomb, Night Shift, Rubble Rouser, and Fire Kraken.

I stated back in Post #47 what Walmart had, same as TRU.
No Trap Shadow.
#121 Posted: 00:21:45 14/05/2014
Quote: dinoah2005

No Trap Shadow.

Then I guess that Trap Shadow is gonna be the rarest?
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#122 Posted: 02:16:42 14/05/2014
Any news about him in Maryland?
#123 Posted: 02:24:29 14/05/2014
Quote: isaac343018s

I posted earlier that the TRU in Columbia had him. I didnt bother to check with any other TRUs or stores since I managed to find him without much effort. They had a handful on the shelves (Back electronics section, nothing on the main entrance wall) and a few hidden under the counter in the electronics section when I went.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:23 14/05/2014 by GothamLord
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#124 Posted: 02:29:03 14/05/2014
Picked up one of the ten available at our Walmart today. My son was so happy to finally finish off his swapper collection.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#125 Posted: 02:29:29 14/05/2014
Quote: ace

Another option is you could rebuy just the game. The game itself isnt very expensive maybe like $10-15 <.<

Anyways i just picked up my Doom Stone smilie now i just gotta pick up the few randoms i missed since release and i'm set lol
Yay my info was helpful for once!

I still can try my luck at replacing it at my tru, I've done it before, and I am a regular customer and a rewards member, if they don't replace it they can consider my business gone. And let's be honest nobody is buying the stacks of starter packs at my tru, so what's the harm?
Worst case scenario is acti support tries to get money from me to fix it and I buy a new copy off eBay, please don't let it come to that!
This would happen to me when I get my last swap force skylander, I was looking forward to starting nightmare mode, since I have rules, only use blue base skylanders in N mode.
---
R.I.P to my wallet
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#126 Posted: 02:37:07 14/05/2014
Quote: DaMadNes
Chicago - called my local TRU, they are saying he won't be out till sunday. Is that weird or what.

I smell a hustle
where you at? Im in south chicago, I went out to merriville IN to get my doomstone.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#127 Posted: 02:51:34 14/05/2014
Found him at both TRU & Walmart. Saved $2 by getting the Walmart one. Forgot how much TRU charges for these. Been a while since I got one at full price.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:51:58 14/05/2014 by stoat2337
Brza Green Sparx Gems: 174
#128 Posted: 02:57:53 14/05/2014
got mine at tru in towson,md i was the first one in when they opened had plenty there then went to tru in middle river and they didn't put em out yet but they had their shipment of them when i asked. the guy opened all the boxes for me looking for the variant but they didn't have any... also checked all the walmarts around me none of them even had doom stone and no game stops either.
---
"You're not a Skylander, you're a Punklander"..... my son @ me lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:03 14/05/2014 by Brza
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#129 Posted: 04:02:43 14/05/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Quote: isaac343018s

I posted earlier that the TRU in Columbia had him. I didnt bother to check with any other TRUs or stores since I managed to find him without much effort. They had a handful on the shelves (Back electronics section, nothing on the main entrance wall) and a few hidden under the counter in the electronics section when I went.

Columbia, that's somewhat far (something like 30 mins if I had a car/was of legal age to drive-almost there) But I suppose I could check any other closer ones first...I live way down in Silver Spring so TRU is rather rare.
#130 Posted: 04:19:52 14/05/2014
I keep forgetting the TRU on Georgia Ave down there closed. If you have trouble tracking him down let me know. I can pick an extra up, try work out a drop off like mid-way.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#131 Posted: 04:38:17 14/05/2014
Quote: MegaDozer
Quote: DaMadNes

I smell a hustle
where you at? Im in south chicago, I went out to merriville IN to get my doomstone.

I'm up North. Called the TRU on addison n western. I don't really want to go out to merrilville. I guess I will show up sunday...
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#132 Posted: 04:53:59 14/05/2014
Found DoomStone today in a Walmart in Arizona.
---
words. letters. filler.
oufanindallas Blue Sparx Gems: 907
#133 Posted: 10:09:27 14/05/2014
Quote: dinoah2005

No Trap Shadow.

Then I guess that Trap Shadow is gonna be the rarest?

TRU in Frisco TX has a bunch of Trap Shadow. Picked up my Doom Stone yesterday and they had moved their collection to the front of the store. Supposedly getting Kickoff Countdown on Sunday.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#134 Posted: 14:04:16 14/05/2014
Stopped by a TRU that I rarely go to since it's out of my way when driving home from work, but they have never let me down on having the latest figure when it's a weekday release. Lots of Doomy's on the pegs. Tried to get TRU drone to sell me Kickoff Countdown, but she said it was register locked for Sunday. Oh well, can't blame me for trying. ;-)

-VM

BTW - she said that they had at least 2 boxes of Kickoff in the back so ~24 figures or more for Sunday.
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#135 Posted: 14:07:56 14/05/2014
There we go, full confirmation on Kickoff. Thanks for posting! smilie

I'm surprised that people aren't finding the variant. Several have shown up on eBay already, and one of them found two at the same store.
---
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#136 Posted: 14:38:03 14/05/2014
Got my Doom Stone yesterday. There were about 10 left on pegs around 5:30.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#137 Posted: 17:43:07 14/05/2014
Just grabbed Doom Stone at TRU (they still had 6 left, including one with entirely white eyes), and my final figure, Scratch, at Target. Swap Force collection ... complete ... BOOM!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
spectreon Blue Sparx Gems: 535
#138 Posted: 06:44:56 15/05/2014
Quote: Himewad
Just grabbed Doom Stone at TRU (they still had 6 left, including one with entirely white eyes), and my final figure, Scratch, at Target. Swap Force collection ... complete ... BOOM!

wish mine was =( I wont consider it complete til Kickoff Countdown (sunday) and Jade Fire Kracken are mine!!!!
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#139 Posted: 10:30:43 15/05/2014
Was able to get DS at TRU in Toledo, OH yesterday. They actually only had one of him left on the racks.
#140 Posted: 12:44:13 15/05/2014
Quote: spectreon

wish mine was =( I wont consider it complete til Kickoff Countdown (sunday) and Jade Fire Kracken are mine!!!!

I'm not getting the variants any longer. I'm trying to convince my son to sell our SSA and SG variants (including the legendaries), but he still likes them at this point.
---
#141 Posted: 13:46:50 15/05/2014
Question: I was looking closely at my Doom Stone figure, and on the back side of his weapon (near the top end) there is a chunk missing out of it. At first I thought it got chipped, but now it almost looks intentional. Can anyone else confirm this on their Doom Stone?

If I didn't know better, the missing chunk appears to be the shape of a clenched fist with the middle finger sticking up. That's what I see, anyway. I'll take pics if no one else has this missing chunk.
---
star kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 917
#142 Posted: 15:14:48 15/05/2014
I just found Doom Stone at the Toys R Us at Metro Mall in Queens NY. There was only one left after I bought mine and the sales associate said there were no more in the back. They also had a couple of the Metallic Green Gill Grunts on the shelf if anyone is interested. I picked up one of those also.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#143 Posted: 15:15:02 15/05/2014
That's funny his weapon is a column like from an old building from way back when and yes it kinda does look like a flip off if you think about it. I am sure it's not mint to be a flip off it's just a broken old column. Or it's Fire Krackens foot print when he kicked the column down for Doom Stone to have a weapon to fight with... LoL
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#144 Posted: 16:29:39 15/05/2014
Quote: star kitty
They also had a couple of the Metallic Green Gill Grunts on the shelf if anyone is interested.

My TRU had about 20 of those metallic GG figs. I left them there to rot.

Quote: trixster68
yes it kinda does look like a flip off if you think about it. I am sure it's not mint to be a flip off it's just a broken old column.

The more I look at it, the more I think it is the middle finger, and that it was intentional. What it is intended to mean is another question entirely.
---
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#145 Posted: 17:17:10 15/05/2014
Quote: star kitty
I just found Doom Stone at the Toys R Us at Metro Mall in Queens NY. There was only one left after I bought mine and the sales associate said there were no more in the back. They also had a couple of the Metallic Green Gill Grunts on the shelf if anyone is interested. I picked up one of those also.

I saw those gill grunts over at my TRU too for the past month and i live in FL.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#146 Posted: 17:24:35 15/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Question: I was looking closely at my Doom Stone figure, and on the back side of his weapon (near the top end) there is a chunk missing out of it. At first I thought it got chipped, but now it almost looks intentional. Can anyone else confirm this on their Doom Stone?

If I didn't know better, the missing chunk appears to be the shape of a clenched fist with the middle finger sticking up. That's what I see, anyway. I'll take pics if no one else has this missing chunk.

I didnt even notice until you pointed it out lol but yeah mine has it too
---
Praise Helix!!!
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#147 Posted: 18:58:28 15/05/2014
Still no sign of Doom in my MN Walmarts.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Peanutboyjr Green Sparx Gems: 178
#148 Posted: 02:49:56 16/05/2014
I found a variant at Walmart today.
http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/Peanutboyjr/library/
Peanutboyjr Green Sparx Gems: 178
#149 Posted: 02:50:56 16/05/2014
It was at the Lewis Center Walmart just north of Columbus, Ohio.
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#150 Posted: 04:30:55 16/05/2014
Nice find!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me