Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose CRASH BANDICOOT Topic
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
All Purpose CRASH BANDICOOT Topic
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 23:00:25 01/05/2014 | Topic Creator
To start the topic, I'm going to say that I think that Crash, next to Spyro, was pretty damn epic. Both of them even got crossover games, which made them MORE epic!!!!!!!

Seriously, who DOESN'T love that gadget-happy orange boy!

[User Posted Image]

I have a way to bring him back, but I just got a starting idea. Whatever else you want to post, it DOES NOT have to relate to this post.

-------------------

Crash, Coco, and Crunch are practicing a rock song for an upcoming gig, and Crash is in a drum cage, with drums latched on EVERY BAR of the cage. Then, when he needs to do an intense drum solo, he accidentally spins so much that he knocks off EVERY DRUM, EVERY CYMBOL, from the cage, and he even DESTROYS the cage. Crash gets buried under the drums, and then he emerges from the pile of broken instruments. Coco gets mad at his own brother, because the drums she put in there were LIGHT drums. They make a lot of special light effects when Crash hits them, and they're very hard to make (Coco makes them herself, and she needs to take a lot of time to make them). There's then a few explosions that seem to be coming from Coco's lab...and then there's a few monsters in the lab. Crash is left to do some spins, kick slides, and whatever other fighting moves he got that I missed (I only played and completed Crash 1, 2, and 3, as well as CTR, so could anyone tell me how the next games played out?).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:12 02/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#2 Posted: 14:35:18 02/05/2014
I love Crash! Unfortunately, I don't own any of the first three games, and I'm missing several spin-offs. Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing are probably my favorites along with Titans. (Probably because I love Nina.)

As for moves Crash has, the ones you named are pretty much his main ones. The only other ones I can think are regular punch/kick type moves and the ability to jack, or take control of, titans. (Titans/MoM)
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:31 02/05/2014 by Darchangel
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#3 Posted: 17:02:51 02/05/2014
Crash Bandicoot is love...

Crash Bandicoot is life.....
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 19:02:45 02/05/2014
Ah, I remember when I made a Crash topic..

Yes, as you can see, I am a huge Crash fan! Crash Bandicoot: Warped was my absolute favorite.

I own every single Crash game to date, including several pieces of merchandise (plushes and figures).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#5 Posted: 23:50:59 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
I own every single Crash game to date, including several pieces of merchandise (plushes and figures).

Does that include some McD's games?
[User Posted Image]
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#6 Posted: 23:54:09 02/05/2014
I STILL HAVE THAT SPYRO ONE IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT
---
you never saw me
#7 Posted: 01:07:34 03/05/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107

[User Posted Image]

Yes, and I also own this beaut right here, along with several other figures, mainly the villains:

[User Posted Image]
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#8 Posted: 04:50:48 03/05/2014

[User Posted Image]

Oh god i remeber having them when i was little and i loved them (they evwn got me into the crash games) sadly i lost those little mc toys/games sniff
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3236
#9 Posted: 09:22:06 03/05/2014
I'm playing through all the Crash games at the moment, trying to 100% complete each of the main series games for the first time. (Well, only Crash 1, 2, 3, TWoC, and Twinsanity) I'm on Crash 3 at the moment and it's super fun, just like the other two. ^.^
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#10 Posted: 12:02:21 03/05/2014

[User Posted Image]

Yes, and I also own this beaut right here, along with several other figures, mainly the villains:

[User Posted Image]

I used to have those figures. I think I had Crash Bandicoot and Dr Neo Cortex with crystals, Aku Aku and possibly Crash's jet board. I have no idea what happened to them. I must have thrown them out when I had thought I grew out of Crash.
#11 Posted: 14:07:07 03/05/2014
Quote: InsomDog

[snip]

[snip]

I used to have those figures. I think I had Crash Bandicoot and Dr Neo Cortex with crystals, Aku Aku and possibly Crash's jet board. I have no idea what happened to them. I must have thrown them out when I had thought I grew out of Crash.

I bought multiple lots of these guys just to get a loose N.Tropy. It's sad that they're so rare. If I found these when I was a kid, I would've went crazy!
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#12 Posted: 18:01:03 03/05/2014
Why is Uka Uka almost as big as N. Tropy in that figure case? XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#13 Posted: 19:12:29 03/05/2014
Quote: HIR

You can actually attach Uka Uka to Cortex's face.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:50:13 26/05/2014 by Matteomax
#14 Posted: 20:32:16 03/05/2014 | Topic Creator

You can actually attatch Uka Uka to Cortex's face.

HEY, LOOK!!! A MODERATOR DISCUSSION!!!!

That being said, the attach thing is a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#15 Posted: 22:10:46 03/05/2014

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

what the actual heck is with his face.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#16 Posted: 22:13:30 03/05/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

It looks like that one was just a bad paint job, although I do admit that he looks derped out.

Dingodile looks worse.
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#17 Posted: 22:22:21 03/05/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons

[User Posted Image]

It looks like that one was just a bad paint job, although I do admit that he looks derped out.

Dingodile looks worse.

DINGODILE? They turned Australia into a Crash bandicoot character?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#18 Posted: 07:41:14 04/05/2014
I wish someone woukd buy the franchise and make a new game
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9201
#19 Posted: 12:46:58 04/05/2014
I've never really been a fan of Crash Bandicoot, I've tried out a few of his games, they just don't entertain me at all. I've played Crash 1, 2, 3, Bash, Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity & Crash of the Titans?Or Mind over Mutant? I can't remember which.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#20 Posted: 13:03:12 04/05/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
DINGODILE? They turned Australia into a Crash bandicoot character?

[User Posted Image]
BRING OUT THE BUTTER, I'M GONNA MAKE TOAST!
#21 Posted: 00:42:55 05/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: shroom boom
I wish someone woukd buy the franchise and make a new game

It should be Naughty Dog, but they've already run out of ideas for him. In my opinion, my idea is actually a great way to start a new Crash game, but I haven't been keeping up with the series, so that's all I got so far.
#22 Posted: 19:59:03 08/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Could someone tell me what other moves Crash got in his later games? I want to have a better understanding on how he turned out.
#23 Posted: 20:05:11 08/05/2014
Could someone tell me what other moves Crash got in his later games? I want to have a better understanding on how he turned out.

Well in Crash 2 he's able to slide, crawl, and body slam.
In Crash 3 he learns to double jump, spin glide, and dash.
In Crash of the Titans he can punch and stuff.
Can't remember if there are any others, probably though. :V
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#24 Posted: 21:11:10 08/05/2014
[User Posted Image]

I have the two bottom right Spyro ones. They don't work anymore though.
-:-
I own Crash Team Racing and Crash 3/Warped. I also love Crash Bash, but I don't own it, so I hope to buy it sometime. I have a small demo of it on one of the Spyro games, but it only has two of the mini games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:44 08/05/2014 by Spyro-Gamer
#25 Posted: 21:28:51 08/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TorchSheep
In Crash of the Titans he can punch and stuff.

Could you show me a gameplay video, please?
#26 Posted: 21:59:05 08/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Ah, Crash Bandicoot, one of the first two series of video games I ever played (Spyro being the other).

I remember playing Cortex Strikes Back, Warped, and CTR back in Kindergarten on the PlayStation that we had in the classroom (we also had Spyro The Dragon).

We didn't have a Memory Card, but we didn't really care. We loved playing them so much that we didn't mind playing the same levels over and over again. lol

I'm not quite sure which Crash Bandicoot game was the first one I ever actually owned, but I do have quite a few at the moment, I suppose. smilie

Own:
Crash Bandicoot. (PS1)
Cortex Strikes Back. (PS1)
Warped. (PS1 and PS3)
Crash Team Racing. (PS1)
The Huge Adventure. (GBA)
TwinSanity. (PS2)
Crash of The Titans. (PS2)
Mind Over Mutant. (PS2)

Use to Own:
Nitro Kart. (PS2)
Ripto's Rampage. (GBA)
Tag Team Racing. (PS2)

I really do hope that he gets a new game one day, perhaps one similar to TwinSanity.

The reason I'd like it to be like TwinSanity is because the Classic style of gameplay, though fun, is extremely outdated.
I feel that an atmosphere and environment like that of TwinSanity (perhaps also mixed with CoTT and MOM, to a certain extent) would be the best choice for a new Crash game.

Also, I notice that a lot of fans really don't like CoTT or MOM, but for some strange reason I did enjoy them, just not as much as the older games. *shrug*

And if you were to ask me which Crash game is my favorite, I'd probably have to say that it's a tie between Warped and TwinSanity. smilie

This is like me dissing TLoS before I realized it can help with Spyro: Shadow Legacy's cliffhanger!
What was Twinsanity, CotT, and MOM like? I've never seen walkthroughs for ANY of them.
#27 Posted: 01:58:30 09/05/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
I'm trying to finish the first game. In fact, I've been trying for a year but I forgot about it for a while o.o

Crash seems rad as heck from what I've played and I wanna play more <3

Getting the gems is Crash 1 is EVIL. Crash 2 was better, but some of the backtracking for box gems got pretty ridiculous... I'M LOOKING AT YOU, COLD HARD CRASH. T_T
---
#28 Posted: 10:24:39 09/05/2014
Own:
Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS1)
Crash Team Racing (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PS2)
Crash Nitro Kart (PS2)
Crash Bandicoot XS: The Huge Adventure (GBA)
Crash Twinsanity (PS2)
Crash Tag Team Racing (PS2)
Crash of the Titans (Wii)
Crash: Mind over Mutant (Wii)
#29 Posted: 11:06:48 09/05/2014
Getting the gems is Crash 1 is EVIL. Crash 2 was better, but some of the backtracking for box gems got pretty ridiculous... I'M LOOKING AT YOU, COLD HARD CRASH. T_T

I'M GLAD I'M IGNORING HARDER TO GET BOXES THEN

Oh good Lord. Cold Hard Crash was horrible.

Don't even get me started on Platinum Relics for Time Trials. Those are HORRIBLE. So many failed attempts..
---
#30 Posted: 11:18:53 09/05/2014

Don't even get me started on Platinum Relics for Time Trials. Those are HORRIBLE. So many failed attempts..

Cold Hard Crash wasn't too much trouble for me, since SomecallmeJohnny already told me where to find that one box in the bonus area ;0

Oh yes the Platinum Relics are one hell of an annoyance ;;>3< The relics are the main reason I prefer Crash 2 to Warped, well that and the Swimming, Plane, and Jet-Ski levels. :V
#31 Posted: 11:57:22 09/05/2014

Cold Hard Crash wasn't too much trouble for me, since SomecallmeJohnny already told me where to find that one box in the bonus area ;0

Oh yes the Platinum Relics are one hell of an annoyance ;;>3< The relics are the main reason I prefer Crash 2 to Warped, well that and the Swimming, Plane, and Jet-Ski levels. :V

The worst Gem of them all: Stormy Ascent in Crash 1. I still haven't gotten that one. In fact, on my original memory card, that was the last Gem I didn't have.

I would say that Warped is my favorite. I loved the Egyptian and Arabian levels, plus the bosses were all extremely fun.
---
#32 Posted: 12:10:33 09/05/2014

The worst Gem of them all: Stormy Ascent in Crash 1. I still haven't gotten that one. In fact, on my original memory card, that was the last Gem I didn't have.

I would say that Warped is my favorite. I loved the Egyptian and Arabian levels, plus the bosses were all extremely fun.

Again, I didn't find Stormy Ascent too bad, it's really not as bad when you just take everything really, really slowly. But pretty much everything past Rippper Roo in that game was very difficult, imo. ;o;

Fair enough, I definitely like it alot too, I think I prefer Crash 2 and Twinsanity just a little more though. Oh yes the Egyptian and Arabian levels where fantastic, and the bosses where the best in the series imo. ^o^
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#33 Posted: 14:32:34 09/05/2014

Crash Twinsanity: You can also play as Cotex and Nina but I didn't find any footage. Gameplay starts around 1:40.

Crash of the Titans: gameplay starts at around 3:11. I'm used to the Wii version but, meh.

Mind Over Mutant: Basically the same as Titans. Gameplay starts at 3:30.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#34 Posted: 16:53:56 09/05/2014
I really hope that Keith Webb buys the series. It would be awesome if we could finally get a true revival of the series.

Same thing has been happening with Mother 3. Dozens of fans begging for Nintendo to release it in the US.
---
#35 Posted: 21:50:07 09/05/2014
Same thing has been happening with Mother 3. Dozens of fans begging for Nintendo to release it in the US.

It's just not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure Smash 4 has been white-washed of all the MOTHER 3 content that Brawl featured. And I don't think Earthbound's release on the VC drummed out enough support to show Nintendo people wanted the game. <.<
---
#36 Posted: 22:56:35 09/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I remember Bionicle2809 (did I get the username right?) saying that Crash is capable for a revival. Why does he say that? I don't know Crash enough to know how a new game could turn out.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#37 Posted: 23:19:04 09/05/2014

HE CAN RIDE MOOTANTS
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#38 Posted: 23:54:49 09/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: hardcoreignitor

HE CAN RIDE MOOTANTS

I meant, what did he DO with his gained abilities?
#39 Posted: 00:00:56 10/05/2014 | Topic Creator

This is why I would rage quit trying to 100% Crash 1 today.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#40 Posted: 00:41:01 10/05/2014
I used to REALLY love Crash. I don't know why, i just kinda stopped playing it.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#41 Posted: 14:50:30 10/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Does anyone else think it's weird that Spyro made a random appearance in Crash: Twinsanity?
#42 Posted: 16:41:45 10/05/2014
Does anyone else think it's weird that Spyro made a random appearance in Crash: Twinsanity?

No. Spyro was playable in the GBA version of Crash Nitro Kart. And PSX Crash games featured demos of PSX Spyro games, and vice versa. <.<;
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me