Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
New May Alter Ego [CLOSED]
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 03:20:28 29/04/2014 | Topic Creator
It appears there was a minor update today. My start screen states there will be a new alter ego for May. Also dragon houses and chompie shops went on sale after the update.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#2 Posted: 08:18:20 29/04/2014
I'm getting the chompie/dragon screens, but nothing about a May alt. I've rebooted multiple times. Is it a sheep info screen or random blurb while loading screen?
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#3 Posted: 09:44:33 29/04/2014 | Topic Creator
It's a loading screen.
glfrank73 Green Sparx Gems: 378
#4 Posted: 12:44:06 29/04/2014
Builda Grilla Drilla?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 13:15:09 29/04/2014
New Alter ego ? What about poor springtime flower child wreckingball ? Some of us dont have him yet .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 13:15:39 29/04/2014
I will be excited if there really is a new alter ego, but I expect it will be the same one from last year and the message is simply directed more at newer players.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#7 Posted: 14:49:30 29/04/2014
Saw the splash screen, too. Probably just Buddy Wrecking Ball, but we'll see in a couple of days.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 16:22:24 29/04/2014
There might be a way to find out, but I'm not willing to chance it after they changed how the well worked with it. I think I'll wait a couple of days.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#9 Posted: 17:16:12 29/04/2014
It's builda Grilla Drilla. He's in the game now, but not in the well. Only way to get him is forking out gems...
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#10 Posted: 18:02:05 29/04/2014
I was hoping for Pollen Pop Thorn...it should be all tan/yellow and have a cloud around it like Pig Pen from Peanuts
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:36 29/04/2014 by AzureStarline
#11 Posted: 18:45:45 29/04/2014
Where do you buy him with gems? I don't see him. It's good, I guess, to have another life swapper, but we really didn't need another life Skylander, especially an alter ego (although I would assume it gives swapper bonuses instead of alter ego bonuses). I wonder if they'll start back with alter ego huts. I think I'd rather use him elsewhere, though. With giants, they never had a monthly alter ego giant. Strange that they would give us a swapper one. But that does give us an extra life swapper where other elements have 3 or 4 (counting the variants). Earth is really lacking until Doom Stone comes in. Then it will still be on the short end with 2.
#12 Posted: 19:43:58 29/04/2014
Skip to May and he's available for purchase there.
---
#13 Posted: 19:59:51 29/04/2014
Air is on the short end with alter egos :/
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 20:34:27 29/04/2014
[User Posted Image]

Builda Grilla Drilla
---
#15 Posted: 22:13:29 29/04/2014
So when you jump ahead to May, he's available for purchase but not in the well? What's in the well, then? Same random stuff (unless you don't have Buddy Wsmilie? Now I'm really concerned about jumping ahead to look as it may lock your well so you can't get him.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#16 Posted: 23:19:15 29/04/2014
I have a feeling they are trying to bulk up the need for gems again. They added so many way to get them and get more of them and recently they have been backing many of those out. Now they are adding ludicrously priced items like the extra islands, upgrades and Builda. I have a feeling he is just the first alter ego that will only be available for gems, and more to come - particularly sine they mention the month he became available. We might be looking at monthly gem figures in addition to well alts.

You can play this game just fine without investing money - if you have figures to import. It's considerably more difficult to progress without either figures or buying gems. I don't mind them having frills available for gems and minor speed boosts, but if they take this too far and gems become necessary to play efficiently, then I will be done. I've spent plenty enough on figures for them to float me a fun little time waster on my phone if I am satisfied with normal play that isn't limited by a pay wall.
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#17 Posted: 01:29:52 30/04/2014
Builda Grilla Drilla... I have to win him instead of Surfer Slam Bam? I was really hoping for one more month of them just putting something you don't have in the well.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#18 Posted: 02:12:25 30/04/2014
I'd be worried about traveling forward to see. Last time people did that, the well got locked onto what they saw in the well and lost the chance to win the alt. Had to use gems to get NYC for just that reason.
#19 Posted: 02:14:14 30/04/2014
I doubt he will be in the well. Because that would put Buddy Wrecking Ball out of a job. Plus, as a swapper, he has more to offer, like Admiral Thumpback and Holiday Wash Buckler. They wouldn't make a character like that available for free right away, surely?
---
#20 Posted: 02:24:58 30/04/2014
But he's showing up as an alter-ego, and they've always been available in the well except for Holiday Wash Buckler (a give-away) and the Admiral (kudos). Those two were not available for gems, though, unless I'm mistaken.
#21 Posted: 12:50:22 30/04/2014
Quote: Toleroh
Builda Grilla Drilla... I have to win him instead of Surfer Slam Bam? I was really hoping for one more month of them just putting something you don't have in the well.

Surfer Slam Bam is June, so you'd have to wait 2 more months smilie

Quote: Nroc-Nuika
I doubt he will be in the well. Because that would put Buddy Wrecking Ball out of a job. Plus, as a swapper, he has more to offer, like Admiral Thumpback and Holiday Wash Buckler. They wouldn't make a character like that available for free right away, surely?

That wouldn't necessarily put Buddy Wrecking Ball out. They've already given us a weekend where the alts were in the well as top prizes (although it seemed as if it didn't work that well, this time around), so I expect other times. I'm really not sure if people not getting alts out of the well that weekend was a fluke or what. My first alt was Surfer Slam Bam, but I was able to get all the rest before him as top prizes when they came up. I believe I may have even gotten most, if not all of them in one weekend. By people not seeing them as top prizes in their well, it seems it may have been a fluke and they didn't program it well. If they don't start having new grand prizes (whether it be an alt or something else), then the wishing well is practically pointless from here on out (except for newer players) and thus the wish stone currency is as well. If he is the grand prize for the well, then they will have to make sure that the wishing weekends work properly. As for him not being in the well when you jumped ahead, it does concern me that he's not, but it's also likely that it was programmed that way somehow. What was in the well if he wasn't?

Beyond that, does anyone else think it's strange that they gave him feet and made the drill broken apart as if it's some weird pair of pants or armor? Is that saying that Grilla Drilla actually has legs and not just a drill for a lower body (or did we know that all along and I just missed it?)?
#22 Posted: 13:17:05 30/04/2014
His legs have always been there - just check regular Grilla Drilla's info sheet on Lost Islands.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#23 Posted: 13:43:02 30/04/2014
Yeah Grilla has always had legs, the drill splits in half to expose his legs when he runs around. I'm personally skeptical Builda will be in the well, he really doesn't fit the theme of "May", not to mention they already have a perfectly serviceable May alt (and there was no luck meter last May, wishstones were fairly new, so I would guess many still do not have him and he would still be a good prize). I have a feeling they have something else in mind for Builda, even if that something else is just something new on which to spend gems.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#24 Posted: 14:44:16 30/04/2014
It is Builda.
---
banksia123
#25 Posted: 14:56:21 30/04/2014
I rarely pay attention to the graphics on the info screens. I don't know why I haven't paid attention when playing Swap Force, though. But, to be honest, I haven't had a chance to play it much. Even my son doesn't play it as much, but mostly because we have a hard time with our 3yo wanting to throw his Skylanders everywhere when he plays. So he gets frustrated with it. He's gotten into other games, so when he plays, he usually plays them. He beat the game a while back, so he really hasn't had as much interest. We did play for a while when I got him a Lightcore Countdown on sale on Amazon a while back, but I don't think he's even bothered playing with the Spring Time Trigger Happy I got him for Easter. I've picked up a few Skylanders for his birthday, but I'm almost tempted to take them back. But if I can trade one of the ones I got for one he actually has been asking for (they didn't have them in when the sale was going on), he might get excited to play them, as they are ones he has been asking for.
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#26 Posted: 17:21:55 30/04/2014
I can confirm he was in the wishing well for me. I just won him. By the way I have all the other skylanders already.

He is not available for spinning though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:23:27 30/04/2014 by snowknife
#27 Posted: 19:10:00 30/04/2014
That's exactly what we'd expect from a new alt - available in the well or for 1500 gems, but not by spins.
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#28 Posted: 00:41:53 01/05/2014
Quote: snowknife
I can confirm he was in the wishing well for me. I just won him. By the way I have all the other skylanders already.

He is not available for spinning though.

About time I had something worthwhile to spin for.
Jedi_Kunle Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#29 Posted: 04:19:35 01/05/2014
Can he go into the swap houses?
Coachjohn2049 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1376
#30 Posted: 04:30:13 01/05/2014
Mount cloudbreak, which I believe is for swap force only, is showing up as a potential mission for him. On the other hand, he is not receiving the gold and point bounds from gorm and tuk so I am not sure how he falls on the swap force side of things.
#31 Posted: 06:37:29 01/05/2014
Quote: Coachjohn2049
Mount cloudbreak, which I believe is for swap force only, is showing up as a potential mission for him. On the other hand, he is not receiving the gold and point bounds from gorm and tuk so I am not sure how he falls on the swap force side of things.

If he is not benefiting from Gorm and Tuk, then that's just a developer screw-up. He's definitely a swapper. Part of his first quest is to eliminate evilized sugar bats which ONLY a swapper can achieve.
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#32 Posted: 07:08:11 01/05/2014
Um wat.

So I've been waiting for May 'cause I won Buddy Wrecking Ball's house from the well a while back. But he's totally not in the well now and I don't have him. It's dumb Builda Grilla Drilla. So now what?
---
where did all the good frogs go
#33 Posted: 07:16:17 01/05/2014
Quote: Amulet_Star
So I've been waiting for May 'cause I won Buddy Wrecking Ball's house from the well a while back. But he's totally not in the well now and I don't have him. So now what?

You save wishstones until he gets put back in the well. And then you try wishing for him again. It could take you six months and an insane number of wishstones, and even then it's no certainty. It might help if you keep repeating to yourself "it's just a game".
Mainiac Green Sparx Gems: 386
#34 Posted: 11:34:31 01/05/2014
Did anyone else who already had Buddy Wrecking Ball not get Builda? My daughter has Buddy and got Batterson instead of Builda. My wife and I who both only need Buddy got Builda.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#35 Posted: 11:41:36 01/05/2014
Definitely don't hold your breath or get your hopes set too high on those "alts back in the well" holidays!

That being said, for spend thrifts like me here's something to keep in mind: when the new alts come out (like this morning for most of us) don't rush in to drop your wish stones! Memorial day is at the end of the month and may possibly get "alts back in the well" treatment like Easter, etc. I'll be waiting till then to start spending, at least have the chance to win an old alt while tossing stones for Builda.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#36 Posted: 11:45:18 01/05/2014
Wait, so how come my well is broken? I won a stone house last month, and today it hasn't put in a new prize. What's that about?
---
#37 Posted: 11:54:26 01/05/2014
Wait, so how come my well is broken? I won a stone house last month, and today it hasn't put in a new prize. What's that about?

Given that you posted the screen shot of Builda before May, I'd say you've broken your well by time travelling. I too won a stone house last month, and Builda showed up right on schedule after midnight for me.
#38 Posted: 11:56:34 01/05/2014
Quote: Mainiac
Did anyone else who already had Buddy Wrecking Ball not get Builda? My daughter has Buddy and got Batterson instead of Builda. My wife and I who both only need Buddy got Builda.

Had Buddy, got Builda. So assuming it's a glitch, it's hit and miss.
#39 Posted: 12:10:17 01/05/2014
Quote: Woz

Given that you posted the screen shot of Builda before May, I'd say you've broken your well by time travelling. I too won a stone house last month, and Builda showed up right on schedule after midnight for me.

Any known way to fix it? I've time traveled in the past to check things when they come in but it's never broken before.
---
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#40 Posted: 12:27:19 01/05/2014
I got Builda, and am quite happy with him. Didn't get much else with the 153 stones that I tossed in for him though. One max gold, one tavern, and one Blossom tree. Usually I get the max gold a lot more frequently.

My son also has Builda in his well, which made me give a sigh of relief after reading about Mainiac's daughter not getting him. He doesn't have a life swapper yet, and would have been absolutely crushed if anything else had appeared in his well.

I can confirm that Builda is not getting the bonuses from Gorm and Tuk.
#41 Posted: 12:48:03 01/05/2014
I got Builda in about 50 stones. It caught me off guard...I was in auto-click mode still. Also, I got this announcement...

[User Posted Image]

EDIT: that came out large O.O

also, the announcement title now has the Arcade Fire song in my head...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:49:40 01/05/2014 by AzureStarline
#42 Posted: 12:51:38 01/05/2014

Any known way to fix it? I've time traveled in the past to check things when they come in but it's never broken before.

No way to fix it. They made the change back in the fall when we first found out that you could go forward and get new prizes from the well and then go back and forth to reset it. Now the well won't reset until your clock hits June 1, but don't go forward because there won't be anything worthwhile in the well yet and then you'll miss out on June's alt, if there is one. The alts don't get programmed into the well until pretty much the last minute now.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#43 Posted: 13:05:42 01/05/2014
I don't have him on Android... I got Buddy Wrecking Ball in the shop and well instead smilie

EDIT: Never mind... I reloaded the game, Buddy got replaced by Builda. I don't know if anybody else noticed, but Springtime Trigger Happy is now in the shop also...
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:10:38 01/05/2014 by Sboy13
#44 Posted: 13:49:33 01/05/2014
Drat! I had three bats remaining to complete Builda's quest. So I kept sending him on 7 minute missions. Then 2 bats left. Then 1 bat left. Then the last bat shows up, and I'm wondering why the balloon hasn't returned. I'd seen the "7" in the mission duration list and promptly sent him off - to the Empire of Ice! Seven hours to wait...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:11 01/05/2014 by Woz
#45 Posted: 13:59:37 01/05/2014
Drat! I had three bats remaining to complete Builda's quest. So I kept sending him on 7 minute missions. Then 2 bats left. Then 1 bat left. Then the last bat shows up, and I'm wondering why the balloon hasn't returned. I'd seen the "7" in the mission duration list and promptly sent him off - to the Empire of Ice! Seven hours to wait...

Adventure Clock?
---
fykerr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#46 Posted: 15:49:14 01/05/2014
Quote: defpally
Yeah Grilla has always had legs, the drill splits in half to expose his legs when he runs around. I'm personally skeptical Builda will be in the well, he really doesn't fit the theme of "May", not to mention they already have a perfectly serviceable May alt (and there was no luck meter last May, wishstones were fairly new, so I would guess many still do not have him and he would still be a good prize). I have a feeling they have something else in mind for Builda, even if that something else is just something new on which to spend gems.

Come to Indiana in the spring time.....construction definitely fits the "May" theme. :/ Stupid hour and a half work commute that should be 20 minutes. :/
#47 Posted: 19:09:00 01/05/2014
I think the theme of Builda is (hopefully) pertaining to the app having a bit of a reboot/rebuild. The teased updates coming this month could relate to that.
---
spicemill Blue Sparx Gems: 519
#48 Posted: 20:38:44 01/05/2014
I can confirm Builda Grilla Drilla works in the Swap Force house.
---
Activate: Spicemill

Click on my profile on this forum to see which codes I am trading for. I have Springtime Trigger Happy, Kickoff Countdown and more.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#49 Posted: 20:56:10 01/05/2014
I've just won BGD after tossing a lot of stones into the well. I needed a life swapper for the sugarbats.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#50 Posted: 00:57:30 02/05/2014
I won BDG after about 200 stones. I didn't win anything else exciting. Sorry for those who where anticipating Buddy Wrecking Ball but I'm so glad to have new content and a new alter ego.

Edit: ok so I can't pull him up when I click on sheep or anything. I have to find him and drag him to a task... Very glitchy.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:11 02/05/2014 by sklndrmommy
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me