Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Link your Skylanders from Swap Force [CLOSED]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#1 Posted: 19:45:30 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I noticed a new screen that mentions linking your Skylanders from Swap Force. It takes you to the screen to enter your codes. It doesn't seem much different to me other than it seems you can enter a code without having to find the Skylander in the selection screen. I wonder if you can enter codes for Skylanders that are programmed and not available on the selection screen (much like the portal has been able to do before). If that works, that's a great benefit. Although I don't see any way of getting to the screen beyond the info screen, so if they take that away, it won't be an option anymore.
Eggman1115 Green Sparx Gems: 183
#2 Posted: 05:35:35 27/04/2014
Yes, it does work for any characters currently available, so I was able to get Punk Shock to finally show up. Enchanted Star Strike still shows up as regular though. smilie
ninjastarr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#3 Posted: 20:29:04 28/04/2014
I entered my Enchanted Star Strike code too early. Hope the code still works when she comes out
---
smilie Lower the BOOM on you! smilie
deviantART and Tumblr username: ninjastarrdaxeno
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#4 Posted: 13:25:07 29/04/2014
I don't think Enchanted Star Strike will ever be different. There have been other variants in the physical figures that show up in-game as the regular characters, all the light-core for example.
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#5 Posted: 14:02:51 29/04/2014
Enchanted hoot loop shows up differently
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#6 Posted: 14:47:36 29/04/2014
Yes, but he showed up differently right from the start, did he not? If they haven't coded it in as something different already, I don't think they will, but I could well be pleasantly surprised.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 15:59:17 29/04/2014
I think I remember being able to use Molten Hot Dog's code for regular Hot Dog before Molten came into the game, but I could be wrong. Light-core variants have always been just for the figures themselves - even in the core game, they appear the same as the regular versions, so it makes sense to me that they would not be different on the island either.

Hard to say what is going on with the Island, and they aren't exactly broadcasting their intentions. They looked to have abandoned the game, leaving it on autopilot for so long, but are now back with weekly updates. Activate is no longer accepting new users, with seemingly no notice, and no information is being given on what the impact will be for current users. Some figure variants seem to appear on the Island very quickly after the figure release - like Springtime Trigger Happy - and others seem to take a very long time.

I won't be surprised either way as far as Enchanted Star Strike is concerned.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 16:15:20 29/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Last year, many of the variants were released in Lost Islands well after the figures were released. If you used the code, you got the regular version, but once the variant was added to the game, you could use the code again to get the variant. So you were able to get 2 Skylanders with one code. I know it worked for Molten Hot Dog. I think they got Jade Flashwing in before I could enter it. When they started adding Swap Force characters, it seemed like they were adding variant Skylanders into the programming before the figure came out, so the variant codes wouldn't work, but you could add them with the bluetooth portal. So far, Enchanted Star Strike is the only one that hasn't been added. Possibly Nitro Freeze Blade (I don't recall, exactly, if anyone has mentioned him). So, in theory, once they put in Enchanted Star Strike, you will be able to get her with the same code.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me