Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Fluffy Spring Time Trigger Happy [CLOSED]
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#101 Posted: 17:18:02 16/04/2014
Any news on how it will be (sold or given out)? I mean will it just be on the rack as first come first serve, or will it be a contest or something? (at toysRus that is).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#102 Posted: 02:04:50 17/04/2014
They should, at least, put a not for resale label on the barcode, to prevent people from buying them. People are already paying tons of money for him. smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#103 Posted: 02:10:35 17/04/2014
Well for all we know, they are just going to put them on the racks on the 18th.
---
Kickstarter:
#104 Posted: 21:29:29 17/04/2014
Well the toysrus flyer is out for the Easter sale on the 18th and no mention of the fuzzy trigger happy.
---
Kickstarter:
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#105 Posted: 21:42:10 17/04/2014
It appears it also will not be at all stores, my store got in a new box of them yesterday (nothing today) and it was the standard twelve Easter figures with the 4/18 hold date label on them and no Fluffy Springtime Trigger Happy.
#106 Posted: 00:03:52 18/04/2014
Oh, so this'll be a chase variant? Oy.. smilie

I guess they made it an "Easter Egg Hunt", but there's only one special Easter Egg and they put out 20 of the exact same one, but with no candy in it.

Keep an eye peeled for the usual late Hot Toy Alert.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:13:44 18/04/2014 by Matteomax
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#107 Posted: 11:05:57 18/04/2014
Quote: defpally
It appears it also will not be at all stores, my store got in a new box of them yesterday (nothing today) and it was the standard twelve Easter figures with the 4/18 hold date label on them and no Fluffy Springtime Trigger Happy.

Or maybe they just didn't want you to know about it. It seems that the stores got a box in with a case of the regular Spring Editions enclosed and the fuzzy Springtime Trigger Happy was just thrown in the box. They could easily remove the Springtime Trigger Happy and just have the case of regular Spring Editions.

It's still a wonder why they have a 4/18 hold date. There's nothing in the 2-day ad about them. I figure it's for last minute Easter shoppers, but it still seems weird. I was wanting to get Trigger Happy for my son's Easter basket. I don't think I would be as interested in getting him after. I just thought it would be a cool item in his basket. I waited until this week since more stores were going to have them on sale (meaning finding it for a lower price than TRU's), but it seemed everyone sold out. I finally found a Best Buy that had the Trigger Happys, but the only other other Easter Edition they had was Punk Shock. My son wanted Fryno. I ended up finding the regular version of him hanging in a display near the registers. I knew he would just open it and I was saving him for his birthday, anyway, so I was fine with that. The other Best Buy only had Punk Shock and not Trigger Happy. It's weird that she's the one that seems easier to find, since she isn't available other wise. I say it has a lot to do with the game gearing more towards boys and they don't care as much for the female figures. Plus Fryno is still hard to find and the SpringTime Trigger Happy is a cool variant that makes for a great Easter gift. If they are hanging on the shelves after Easter, I don't think they would sell as quick. Which is another reason I find it strange they are holding them until 2 days out. I guess they assume they will sell quickly and they want them there for the last minute shoppers. Since TRU lists them as Easter Skylanders, it would be nice if they somehow made it into the after Easter clearance, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:07:29 18/04/2014 by obidawsn
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#108 Posted: 12:46:49 18/04/2014
[User Posted Image] First in line for fluffy Tri-Citys WA. Sitting in the caddy waiting till 10
#109 Posted: 14:41:42 18/04/2014
Well, I handed away the Trigger Happy to a very kind kid. Ah well, off to eBay. Hopefully his price will drop.

This entire thing was terrible. One figure per store? Remember when people had fist fights over the figures? Great way to bring that back.
---
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#110 Posted: 14:52:04 18/04/2014
I see one friend found one, and another said his store didn't get any.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#111 Posted: 15:13:49 18/04/2014
My store says they didn't get anything. 10 Springtime TH on the pegs, but no fuzzy. smilie
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#112 Posted: 15:34:08 18/04/2014
Called several stores, they're clueless.

I seriously hope that he ends up in the same price range as Flocked Stump Smash was.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:44 18/04/2014 by Matteomax
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#113 Posted: 15:41:53 18/04/2014
Without the slightest clue if they even had anything, I got there about 1 1/2 hours early (yay for having Friday off... great timing!), watched some Netflix while waiting outside the door. Several people drove past, look at what time they opened and drove off. By about 9:45, several folks had pulled onto the lot and sat in their cars. At about ten 'till, I packed up and stood up in front of the door and a few other folks got out of their cars and joined me.

I was the *only* one there for Skylanders. Went to the secondary display as you walk in... no Spring Edition figures at all. Went over to the primary display... still none. Asked the guy at the counter "Was there some Easter Skylanders that were supposed to come out today?" "Hm. Yeah, I think there was. Let me check." Brings out a box with the big, orange label on it... already opened. "These are all we have back there... they're ones we've already had before." and he opens the box... "Are these the ones you're looking for?" "Maybe..." and I look at two Trigger Happy figures before... viola! The Fuzzy Trigger Happy! Whoo!

No calling ahead and harassing anyone... no stalking the backroom... no hooking up with employees for the inside scoop (or talking them into an early sale...) - just in-and-out. smilie
dbaez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1242
#114 Posted: 15:46:23 18/04/2014
Found one in San Antonio, TX !!! Had to ask several employees to please check the boxes in the back. Helpful guy came out with an already open box. Some figures had already been pulled but the fluffy figure was there in the corner. Tip to everyone to ask employees to check their stock in the back because most haven't been put out yet.
#115 Posted: 15:48:10 18/04/2014
That would be the perfect situation, UncleBob. I am very glad some people get to have that experience. I'm guessing an employee snagged the one at my store. I was the only person looking at Skylanders this morning.
---
#116 Posted: 15:50:23 18/04/2014
Too bad I have to work, this morning. I do have to go to TRU when I get off work to return some stuff. Though I'm not sure what I'd do if I found him. I definitely want to get him, but I already picked up the regular STTH at a better price. Since TRU is B1G1 50% off, too, I guess I can fork out the little extra and get him and Fryno there and return the 2 I already picked up. Do they have the same UPC? I wonder if I can just buy him and take my regular one back with the new receipt. The sad thing would be that if I found it, I'm not sure I would want my son to open it smilie He already has enough Trigger Happys (between S1 & S2). I wonder if he'll be happy enough to just put him on to see him, get the Easter hat, and play with him for a while, then just let him be on display. smilie More than likely, though, I won't have to deal with such dilemnas smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:54:04 18/04/2014 by obidawsn
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#117 Posted: 15:53:33 18/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax

I seriously hope that he ends up in the same price range as Flocked Stump Smash was.

If the 1,500 number is true and the 7,000+ number for Flocked Stump Smash is accurate, I'd say it's unlikely. On the plus side, there seems to be a bit less interest in Skylanders/variants this time around, so maybe you'll get lucky. smilie
#118 Posted: 17:13:57 18/04/2014
Quote: UncleBob

If the 1,500 number is true and the 7,000+ number for Flocked Stump Smash is accurate, I'd say it's unlikely. On the plus side, there seems to be a bit less interest in Skylanders/variants this time around, so maybe you'll get lucky. smilie

The prices are absolutely insane for a figure that was in my hands a few hours ago. I'm quite miffed.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#119 Posted: 17:38:56 18/04/2014
Since im on vacation I only got to visit two toysrus and they wete clueless
#120 Posted: 17:45:42 18/04/2014
Yep, this was another massive failure on Activision's part.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#121 Posted: 18:05:43 18/04/2014
I think the most disappointing part is that they're really under the radar with this one. No official mentions, no notices to employees/stores. Nothing.
I mean if there's just one, and ESPECIALLY because it looks like stores are getting just one, whats to stop every TRU from getting them in and having an employee take them before they even make it onto the shelves?

I mean, I know its supposed to be a "Chase" figure, but we can't exactly chase after something that's not there lol.

It's also odd that we flat out don't know what these are. With just one, they're clearly chase but..are they gonna advertise it in the ad for this week? Because if its just one, that's not something you'd advertise since there'd be a huge backlash from people trying to get it. Is it a promotional figure that just got popped into the batches for distribution? Is it supposed to be an exclusive to TRU? (the lack of a sticker makes me speculate maybe other stores got them in too)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:27 18/04/2014 by spyroflame0487
tertansin2 Blue Sparx Gems: 777
#122 Posted: 20:12:55 18/04/2014
I got one from Toys r us in Clackamas, OR. They only had one and no line but was first in front of door when they opened. They said they only got one and all the other stores got one too. It is pretty cool. My Son is going to be happy when he finds it in he Easter egg basket.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:52 18/04/2014 by tertansin2
mordelack Green Sparx Gems: 483
#123 Posted: 20:23:17 18/04/2014
Win! Unopened box behind counter.
---
Regular figures: 100% Variant figures: 100% Working on Chase Variants.
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#124 Posted: 20:44:18 18/04/2014
Quote: tertansin2
I got one from Toys r us in Clackamas, OR. They only had one and no line but was first in front of door when they opened. They said they only got one and all the other stores got one too. It is pretty cool. My Son is going to be happy when he finds it in he Easter egg basket.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I asked the clerk to check in the back, and was able to get one from an unopened case. My pics would look the same, but my Honda Pilot has a tan interior.
#125 Posted: 20:55:50 18/04/2014
I got off work at 1:00 and went straight there. They only had a couple of Frynos and one STTH. I asked if they had any more and they said that was all of them. I'd wonder if they were being completely honest with me, but there were none the other day. My store usually won't go out of their way to look in the back. Even when I was looking for some Skylanders and saw the cases of them on the top shelf they argued they weren't what I was looking for. I knew they were wrong, so I pushed until they got them down. Sure enough I was right and they were wrong. I really wouldn't doubt they had some in the back and just didn't care.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#126 Posted: 21:39:58 18/04/2014
Score! I'm glad I read the forum today as I didn't know we'd be getting these. Last I knew it was an Aussie exclusive or something. And I got pretty lucky on this one. Got there at around 3:30 PM not really hoping for much but I was going to go anyway because of the now 60% off green tag stuff and there were a few games I had my eyes on for the past month. I looked in the game section and didn't see anything new there other than a few Scarlett Ninjini on a 60% green tag discount. Somehow I have always missed out on her and to finally get one on discount is extra great!

Then I asked about the Fluffy Trigger Happy but the clerk knew nothing about it. I went around looking for other places where they hide their Skylanders and right up in front was a huge wall display of them. How I missed that, I dunno. Found more Scarlett Ninjini, those Metallic Gill Grunts (temping, but I don't exactly like Gill), and all the usual TRU specials. It was like they were holding onto them for today or something as I didn't see all this a couple weeks ago. The fluffy was on the lowest peg all the way in the back on the bottom right. I think whoever stocked them took this out first and put it back there not knowing it was special or anything.

I consider myself lucky because a lot of those Easter pegs were empty and only about a dozen of the Spring Time figures were left on display. I seen a lot of mothers popping in and picking up random Skylanders. I'm sure in a another few hours some mother would have bought this one for their child and she wouldn't have noticed any difference at all and the kid would have proceeded to wreck it. In fact, I wasn't certain it was the right one as it wasn't as fluffy or as fuzzy as I had expected it to be. I knew it was the right one due to the lack of a face stripe. The packing is exactly the same.

Anyway, it's my first really rare Skylanders too, so I'm very pumped up about it! At least I think it is, is it really one per store like someone said? Seems no one really knows anything about it and I'm just reading guesses from everyone. It's just nice to finally get something rare for once rather than being late to the party.
---
Stay Cool!
Bcat8907 Red Sparx Gems: 72
#127 Posted: 22:26:49 18/04/2014
I just called my closest TRU (1 hour away) and after dealing with 2 different employees the lady finally told me "I was said to tell me no".
astr0z0mb1e Green Sparx Gems: 128
#128 Posted: 22:32:47 18/04/2014
I was able to snag one as well in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:24 18/04/2014 by astr0z0mb1e
Draicen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#129 Posted: 22:45:06 18/04/2014
Advisory, there is no coding to differentiate between Fluffy Trigger Happy and Springtime Trigger Happy. They will both register as Special in the game, but not both.
---
Gamer, Programmer, Engineer, Soldier, Uncle, Collector...that should cover it, I think.
Konartiz Green Sparx Gems: 260
#130 Posted: 23:01:49 18/04/2014
Just found on in jersey city, NJ at Toysrus only had one. Then I went to another store but the employee said sorry the managers went through all boxes which is a shame on their part SMH.
#131 Posted: 23:08:44 18/04/2014
Quote: astr0z0mb1e

[User Posted Image]

If you don't mind me asking, what time did you snag yours? I was on the phone with that exact store as they are 45 minutes from me and the lady told me the never had any in....Nice to meet a hunter close to me BTW!
mordelack Green Sparx Gems: 483
#132 Posted: 23:28:39 18/04/2014
Second TRU in Queens, box behind counter again. This box is opened amd of course only 1 fig is missing
---
Regular figures: 100% Variant figures: 100% Working on Chase Variants.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#133 Posted: 01:16:26 19/04/2014
I applaud Matteomax for being able to hand over his only shot at a retail figure. But I know it hurts!

I live in the middle of 6 TRU's all within 30mins. I called my collector friend I met who lives nearby and we split up and went to 2 different TRU. I got the unlucky side of the "coin" I guess cause my TRU didn't even get the box in at all, and she got the only one at hers (and there were people behind her there for the same figure lol). BUT!! I was happy it went to her cause we have horrid scalpers around here! AND after a few really quick phone calls to the other TRU's I was able to find 2 locations that agreed to put one on hold for me. We drove out together to hunt for mine and the first one had put a regular STH on hold by mistake, and sold the fuzzy. The second TRU that put it on hold came through and I got mine!! smilie Funny cause the guy said minutes after he hung up with me a customer came in asking if they had it and he said he had to tell him he already sold it LOL! The rest of the TRU's said they had people there in line at opening and the one was instantly gone lol. Whew! lucky!

I have NEVER seen or held a rare chase variant before! smilie I saw the "1500 worldwide" and had given up!
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#134 Posted: 01:36:37 19/04/2014
Quote: DAWNOFWAR
*snip*
First in line for fluffy Tri-Citys WA. Sitting in the caddy waiting till 10

I'm so jealous you still have an old-style TRU.
---
#all Spyros are valid
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#135 Posted: 02:51:34 19/04/2014

*Snip*

Woot! Glad someone in PA found one! Didn't see one at the Muncy/Williamsport store.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#136 Posted: 03:12:08 19/04/2014
Not even worth getting in my car to check considering stores are getting exactly one and even then not everyone will get one. Good to know that at least the coding between the two in game aren't different.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#137 Posted: 03:34:06 19/04/2014
Quote: JetVac96

*Snip*

Woot! Glad someone in PA found one! Didn't see one at the Muncy/Williamsport store.

When I called the Muncy TRU, I just asked them if they could tell me if they had a certain skylanders and their exact quote to me was "If your looking for the fluffy trigger happy, then we don't have it", lol I said thanks and hung up.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#138 Posted: 03:51:28 19/04/2014
Quote: mordelack
Second TRU in Queens, box behind counter again. This box is opened amd of course only 1 fig is missing

Which TRU in Queens? I work at one and my store didn't get any in today.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#139 Posted: 17:18:28 19/04/2014
Are they only being sent to toys r us? I haven't seen any in the other stores in my area
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:17 19/04/2014 by tigerdr
#140 Posted: 18:48:56 19/04/2014
I haven't heard of anyone finding them any place else, but it doesn't have a TRU exclusive marking on it.
---
#141 Posted: 20:43:49 19/04/2014
Only 1,500 "apparently" exist.
---
#142 Posted: 20:46:42 19/04/2014

You think there's really more? I heard of some TRU getting like 7 or 8 of them (meaning 7 or 8 cases). That's a lot for one store. Although there's only like 800 TRU stores in the USA.

Also, you think this will become as hard to find as the swap variants? I know those are more random, and this one was case specific, but in total numbers I'm curious how it'll compare. I did manage to find one, but I'm debating giving it to someone who really wants it and continue searching since I can be patient.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:46 19/04/2014 by PurpleSnurple
#143 Posted: 20:48:30 19/04/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple

You think there's really more? I heard of some TRU getting like 7 or 8 of them (meaning 7 or 8 cases). That's a lot for one store. Although there's only like 800 TRU stores in the USA.

Some are going to an event in the UK, so.. who knows? I just really regret not going to another one... Off to eBay to waste $100+ on something I was holding in my hands.
---
#144 Posted: 20:52:32 19/04/2014

Some are going to an event in the UK, so.. who knows? I just really regret not going to another one... Off to eBay to waste $100+ on something I was holding in my hands.

Where do you live? I would keep hunting before you go out and buy one on eBay. I tried the states surrounding mine, apparently a store in MD had like 8 of them, but they were gone when I called. I mean, I figured I could drive quite a distance for less than I'd pay on eBay LOL.
#145 Posted: 21:12:14 19/04/2014

Where do you live? I would keep hunting before you go out and buy one on eBay. I tried the states surrounding mine, apparently a store in MD had like 8 of them, but they were gone when I called. I mean, I figured I could drive quite a distance for less than I'd pay on eBay LOL.

I'm in NJ. Tons of eBayers and kiddies around here.
That's tough to believe. 8?
---
#146 Posted: 21:19:00 19/04/2014

I'm in NJ. Tons of eBayers and kiddies around here.
That's tough to believe. 8?

Yeah! So for example, apparently two stores in MD had 7 and 8 respectively. NC stores had like 5 in several stores. They said it's cause they're huge stores with it as a featured item so they got a HUGE case shipment for yesterday.

EDIT: I've been calling for hours and I just scored in Clinton MD!!! They only had one, but had forgotten to put the case out! YAAAAAY!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:36 19/04/2014 by PurpleSnurple
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#147 Posted: 00:21:05 20/04/2014
You sure it was the flocked one?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#148 Posted: 01:22:21 20/04/2014
My store got in the exclusive box a day late. I bought the one Flocked Springtime Trigger Happy earlier today. Yes!!
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
lowdwn169 Blue Sparx Gems: 586
#149 Posted: 02:07:23 20/04/2014
Got mine this morning around 10am. They didn't have any of the egg ones out. The one guy that works there knows me from coming in there every week for Disney infinity discs(lol) I asked and he went and got the case for me and got the flocked one for me! This was in Boardman/Youngstown Ohio. Don't know how many more cases they had. I was super happy!!!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#150 Posted: 02:09:45 20/04/2014
I got a flocked one this morning on the boarder or pa/nj. I knew there was a store and figured id look and bam found him behind 2 other regular triggers.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me