Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Anyone bought sheep island yet? [CLOSED]
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#1 Posted: 16:17:49 01/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Requires level 41 and $25mm to unlock.

It's a tiny new island that seems to have just been added. Just noticed it today but haven't logged in for a few days so not sure when it appeared exactly, but within the week.

It's small so I am not sure what the point is unless it also unlocks new and different stuff. Can anyone comment on what you get for unlocking it?
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#2 Posted: 16:30:05 01/04/2014
The update was today, and the kingdom level cap was just raised from 40 to 45, so I'll be very surprised if anyone has reached 41 already! Although I'm sure many of us have enough gold waiting to spend.

Also, the nice green grass is back - hooray!! Much better looking.

Looking forward to leveling up, unlocking Sheep Island, and seeing what's in store.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#3 Posted: 16:40:08 01/04/2014
Wow, is my face red smilie! I was thinking April Fools! Almost there, though.
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#4 Posted: 16:43:10 01/04/2014
Very exciting to see a new island a new levels to obtain.

Of course, that's months a way for me as I'm still a Level 28.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
#5 Posted: 16:55:57 01/04/2014
Quote: HappyGamer
Wow, is my face red smilie! I was thinking April Fools! Almost there, though.

Unless, of course...
You don't think they'd....
Nah! They wouldn't! Would they?...
#6 Posted: 16:58:54 01/04/2014
No, they wouldn't.

Too much coding trouble for a joke that would only make potential gem-buyers angry.
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#7 Posted: 17:04:05 01/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well that would explain the tiny size of the island and outrageous price. I bet they made it mathematically impossible to reach 41 in one day and the real new island will launch tomorrow.

I am only at level 31 so I have a ways to go before I can unlock anything else but its interesting. Oh, I also noticed that my phone and iPad offers have aligned again so I don't see any personal offers at the moment.
#8 Posted: 17:08:02 01/04/2014
I don't think the price is outrageous - quite cheap, actually - but the size is what gets me. I know, I know, it's not the size that matters...
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#9 Posted: 17:12:33 01/04/2014
What I find odd is that Aura doesn't have that island yet, and she always has any new things that come her way on a new update. She is level 45 however, so who knows.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Vtown Green Sparx Gems: 397
#10 Posted: 17:14:43 01/04/2014
just a guess, you can fill all the other islands and force sheep, trolls etc onto the new small island only,

lvl 33 here so I have a while yet,
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 17:53:22 01/04/2014
Quote: Vtown
just a guess, you can fill all the other islands and force sheep, trolls etc onto the new small island only,

lvl 33 here so I have a while yet,

You can already do that, I have a single island with just the Shearer and Prison to corral all of them in a single area along with totems and Hyde/Ma Boo/etc.. Every other square of land on the other islands is completely covered. Works great except for Evilized Bats.
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#12 Posted: 19:07:50 01/04/2014
My son actually has the sheep island toy so I wonder if I can unlock it with the code that it comes with.
#13 Posted: 19:13:11 01/04/2014
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
What I find odd is that Aura doesn't have that island yet, and she always has any new things that come her way on a new update. She is level 45 however, so who knows.

She has the island there, it's just not unlocked. Not sure what that means.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13919
#14 Posted: 19:27:05 01/04/2014
Interesting. Looks like getting from 40 to 41 is going to be the hard part though. smilie

I spotted this a few days ago so it must have been part of a previous update but I've not seen anyone mention it yet, you now unlock a regular energy field for every single kingdom level, it no longer stops at 30. So that's 41 fields for anyone currently at level 40.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 19:46:18 01/04/2014
Quote: dark52
Interesting. Looks like getting from 40 to 41 is going to be the hard part though. smilie

I spotted this a few days ago so it must have been part of a previous update but I've not seen anyone mention it yet, you now unlock a regular energy field for every single kingdom level, it no longer stops at 30. So that's 41 fields for anyone currently at level 40.

I noticed the field thing when I hit 40 last week. I figured it was just one new field, but found out I had a bunch to make as I had to rearrange to make space for them. Add in Ole Mac and I'm rolling in excess energy. I can do a three character sanctuary for all 8, full missions, and bought a bunch of Halls of Legends and still have a large net gain daily. Having full sanctuaries is a significant amount of income, I figure it will take a couple weeks to unlock the new island when I do it (currently building better houses to max out businesses).
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#16 Posted: 21:55:53 01/04/2014
When I read this, I thought it was an April Fool's joke, too. I guess it's finally time to update my game as just getting new Skylanders (when I still have a few to get to level 15) wasn't enticing enough. If they did raise the kingdom level cap, now I really wish I had threw in wish stones for the BnB I had in my well last month.
#17 Posted: 00:21:06 02/04/2014
I'll be about 10 percent after today. So probably will take me 9-10 days to get to 41.

Btw those of you wondering about TT I wouldn't recommend it. I think the devs programmed a way to curtail it by making you miserable (found out last month from my daughter). When she went back the game would freeze every 1-2 seconds........it was so annoying and made the game difficult to play. Maybe it's a bug but funny how the next day it went back to normal.
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#18 Posted: 01:20:42 02/04/2014
Back when I was capped at level 30 'cause I didn't have eight level 12 Skylanders, I had lots of rollover XP so when I did break the cap I got up to level 33 like instantly because of the rollover. So if it works the same way for maxing the level that it's only programmed to go up to, and you already have 25mil coins...I'd say definitely possible, but rare.
---
where did all the good frogs go
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#19 Posted: 01:27:26 02/04/2014
Quote: Mariojedi
I'll be about 10 percent after today. So probably will take me 9-10 days to get to 41.

Btw those of you wondering about TT I wouldn't recommend it. I think the devs programmed a way to curtail it by making you miserable (found out last month from my daughter). When she went back the game would freeze every 1-2 seconds........it was so annoying and made the game difficult to play. Maybe it's a bug but funny how the next day it went back to normal.

That's always been a problem. I used to get it all the time even without TT. It's usually because of the islands being loaded with so many trolls and sheep (which will spawn every time you TT). I dealt with it for a while before figuring out that if you clear a sheep mob, it will fix the problem. If you're doing TT, a lot of times I would even get a one block totem behind the sheep. The question I have is how much space does she have left on her device? When I had the issue, it was on my old phone which was always full. I wondered if I had more space if it would fix the problem. I upgraded my phone and haven't seen the issue, but haven't played as much and haven't done TT in a long time. I still think that I had the issue even without doing TT, though.
#20 Posted: 04:03:05 02/04/2014
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: Mariojedi

That's always been a problem. I used to get it all the time even without TT. It's usually because of the islands being loaded with so many trolls and sheep (which will spawn every time you TT). I dealt with it for a while before figuring out that if you clear a sheep mob, it will fix the problem. If you're doing TT, a lot of times I would even get a one block totem behind the sheep. The question I have is how much space does she have left on her device? When I had the issue, it was on my old phone which was always full. I wondered if I had more space if it would fix the problem. I upgraded my phone and haven't seen the issue, but haven't played as much and haven't done TT in a long time. I still think that I had the issue even without doing TT, though.

It was a new mini and barely had any apps. I never ran into that problem but maybe when she cleared some sheep that fixed it. Ah well
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#21 Posted: 16:32:26 02/04/2014
After a lot of magic and skill (*wink* about 2 months of it *wink*) I finally hit level 41 and got the sheep island. The good news is it's not an april fools joke. It's a functioning island, that's 5x6 squares big, so its very small. After unlocking the island, you get a new lengthy quest that'll take a while to complete. I won't spoil it for anyone though, just know It'll take some time.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#22 Posted: 12:00:47 03/04/2014
I'm going to guess something like clear 100 sheep mobs? No matter - I think it's fun to have quests to complete, and I don't mind if they take a while.

I went up roughly 10% in experience yesterday and am now at 30%, so I hope to buy this island in a week and find out all about it for myself.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#23 Posted: 21:57:10 03/04/2014
Is this the tiny little island that's under Magic and Fire? If so... then it doesn't seem very big smilie
---
Purple dragon.
#24 Posted: 03:55:30 04/04/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
I'm going to guess something like clear 100 sheep mobs? No matter - I think it's fun to have quests to complete, and I don't mind if they take a while.

I went up roughly 10% in experience yesterday and am now at 30%, so I hope to buy this island in a week and find out all about it for myself.

Really good guess there, only thing it's clear 100 sheep but you need to have75 barrels from the shearing machine. 75 is a pretty big number. I sure hope this quest unlocks something special because the reward is kingdom ex.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13919
#25 Posted: 10:28:42 04/04/2014
A tip for getting barrels of wool is to move the sheep building close to the sheep so you can tap it between each individual sheep rather than after each set of three of them. That way you get three barrels per group instead of just one.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
spicemill Blue Sparx Gems: 519
#26 Posted: 11:13:16 04/04/2014
I was wondering about that. Thanks for the tip.
---
Activate: Spicemill

Click on my profile on this forum to see which codes I am trading for. I have Springtime Trigger Happy, Kickoff Countdown and more.
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#27 Posted: 03:02:17 09/04/2014
Small - but even a little is a nice bonus.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#28 Posted: 16:00:44 10/04/2014
Finished the sheep island quest and it gives you..........100k kingdom exp & 3 gems. That's it as far as what has been programmed so far. No other quests pop up after it's done. I'm over 60% done with the necessary exp to get to level 42 so I hope a new quest or reward is available because so far a few gems/wishstones is pretty boring.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me