Forum

Spyro: Shadow Legacy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Shadow Legacy > A Different Take On A Certain Scene
Page 1 of 1
A Different Take On A Certain Scene [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 23:05:52 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Before you start reading, imagine that Naughty Dog remade this entire game for the PS3, in which the game is almost as good as The Last Of Us. (Also, instead of this area being sunny, this area is foggy.)

Spyro ends up showing a frightened face after being teleported (and tumbled, rolled over, since Spyro DOVE into Tomas's teleport void) to the rubble of Tomas's home. Sparx, looking at Spyro's face, said...
"Oh, you REALLY got scared this time. I thought I was the scared one, but YOU...what's got into you, Spyro? I've never seen you this scared before."
"Yeah, but it's just weird, you know? I thought I can easily take those things out with my moves...how were they not burned by my fire?"
"Well, then Tomas told us..."
"Where is that big guy, anyway?"
"I'm right here."
Spyro looks at a big bulge made by a pile of wooden planks. The wood cannot be alive, Spyro thought, so he walked closer to the bulge. There, he sees Tomas, stuck under a large bundle of the sticks of his own home.
"Damn, you got hit hard," Spyro said.
"Yeah, just help me out of this rubble, Spyro, I've experienced enough trouble as it is," Tomas replied.
"And just how am I supposed to do that? I'm still young, and I'm not on my way to become two-legged so I can finally use my front legs to pick up things rather than my mouth, so I don't know what you're asking me to do if you expect me to -- "
"I don't want you to lift this wood off me, Spyro. I want you to burn it."
Spyro is awestruck. "Wait, WHAT?!? Oh, nonononono, there's no WAY I'm going to burn that s#!t on top of you. You know what's gonna happen if I do?"
"It's okay, Spyro, I cast a spell on myself a long time ago that makes me completely resistant to fire. You can't hurt me."
Spyro is still in doubt. He then turns his head to Sparx, who says, "Well, go ahead, do it."
Spyro then walks closer to Tomas, still in the bundle of planks, and begins to exhale bursts of red fumes that slowly burnt the wood to its weakness. A few seconds later, Tomas was able to free himself by breaking the weakened wood, and then he rose. To Spyro's surprise, Tomas has no burn marks on any part of his body, not even his wings. However, injury was clearly evident: Tomas fumbled on one foot and grunted.
"Oh god, are you okay?" Spyro asks. Luckily, Tomas was already holding his magic staff, or else he would have completely fumbled to the ground.
"Yeah," Tomas says, "the Shadow Lurkers just broke my *agh* foot. I'm going to need to find a healer in order to fix it up."
It was Sparx's turn to talk: "Wait, what's a Shadow Lurker?"
"I think he's talking about one of those ugly things that we ran away from," Spyro answered.
"He's right, Sparx," Tomas said once more, "but I'll tell you more of those things later. For now, we must leave to the dojo. At least we can find shelter there."
Tomas starts to walk on his now handicapped foot. He limps with every step, as his injuries now greatly limit his mobility. Spyro and Sparx were looking at him and then looking at each other, feeling sorry for the elder. They then start following Tomas at a casual pace.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 14:43:41 28/03/2014
Are you saying you wish this game was more like The Last of Us? ...I don't see that meshing with the Spyro universe, to be honest. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#3 Posted: 17:19:27 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Are you saying you wish this game was more like The Last of Us? ...I don't see that meshing with the Spyro universe, to be honest. <.>

Well, not on the sense of blood and gore, just on the tone of the game. Yeah, the game should have been more of a tone between The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night and The Last Of Us, but not too intense, make it a little bit more to the TEN side while somehow making the facial expressions that compare with the many facial expressions from The Last Of Us. Heck, Shadow Legacy should have gotten that kind of tone, but the studios just didn't want a completely dark Spyro game. I don't know what they were thinking, I mean, they made The Legend of Spyro IMMEDIATELY after, but they should've gone with the darker tone. They should've made Spyro just a bit cockier, with him saying words like "crap" and "hell" from time to time, but yeah...

The humor also should've been retained for some, but not ALL moments. Remember when Tomas went back to the Shadow Realm to try saving the other elders, but then chickened out because of how dangerous the Shadow Lurkers were? Well, I'm imagining a different take on that, too: he BRINGS one of those dang things with him. Tomas barely notices before he gets bitten in the neck by the thing, but the dragon notices it and unintentionally kicks the creature towards Spyro, in which the thing is 20 feet away from Spyro. Both Spyro and the Shadow Lurker lay eyes on one another, and the Lurker starts heading towards Spyro, which makes him flinch, saying, "Oh, no no no no NO NO!!!!!!!!" But then Tomas hits the creature with his staff, as if he's hitting a golf ball. The camera then shows the outside of the dojo, in which the Shadow Lurker starts flying out of the dojo (think of Looney Tunes for a bit. You know some of those punches are so hard, that the punches send their victims flying?).

I mean, really, that's how I think of Shadow Legacy now. If I played Shadow Legacy again, it'd just be bland, even if I think of MY version of the game.

By the way, now that I've explained this, what do you think of my take on the scene?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:21 28/03/2014 by LocoGuy107
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me