Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
904 gems. What now? [CLOSED]
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#1 Posted: 22:06:55 25/03/2014 | Topic Creator
My young friend who runs my iPhone game wants to know.

She managed to get Diggs but not Emmitt before they disappeared. So close and yet so far.

Does she buy the clock? She has 103 Skylanders most at level 14, so that is say 130 gems.

Remaining Skylanders would yield 400 odd, the thing will barely pay for itself.

The only advantage I see in getting the clock is that she will get the coins earlier and be able to use them.

She is missing Cali, Ol Mac, Flynn, Cherry, Arbo, Quigley, Batterson, Fiznik, Avril and Tessa. Who knows when they will be on special, hopefully they will have specials over Easter.

Would a couple of Swapper houses be worth buying?

Any suggestions welcome.

I have a few of the missing Skylanders tucked away for a birthday in May, Should she buy them with gems now and level them up or wait?

Thanks
---
banksia123
iNiekie Blue Sparx Gems: 549
#2 Posted: 07:49:40 29/03/2014
I'd concentrate on generating gems first, so Diggs will be more usefull then Ermit. Wise choice! Do realize that Ermit is nice, but I noticed that when I maxed out everything, I didn't really see the urgency to fill the sanctuaries that much. At the end they mostly pay out gold, some wish stones and only sometimes gems (mostly 1 or sometimes 2, pretty expensive for 5000 energy eh?!).

Then start out maxing the legendary houses, as they will generate free energy, gold or gems. Personally I wouldn't waist any gems on buying any skylanders with gems. As you will progress through the game, you will see that the gold production will speed up. I am at level 40 with 266million gold, 50million energy and 6500 gems), have everything and at the end I paid 5million gold for the missing skylanders. I really didn't know what to do with my gold , so why not spin? Be aware that spins probably will give the regular skylanders first, then specials or swappers. Save your precious gems for buying other stuff! Buying some other houses that generate gems is OK. Swapper houses are not my direct favorite as swappers will generate double gold on travels compared to other skylanders. Hothead's house is probably the best giant house, with max gem production of 8 instead of 5. Start with this one, then choose a giant house where you can send off the sidekicks as well (water, magic, undead, life) and save the giants for travels.

Forget about Cherry, Avril, Batterson and Tessa for now. Concentrate on the others first. My personal favorites left are Ol Mac and Arbo. Just to speed things up for your energy. I bought them when I was level 35+ or so, as I didn't have enough gems at first. What I did first: bought radiant fields when they went on sale! Much cheaper to start with then buying Ol Mac. You can do the same trick with your gold production: start with a couple of extra air ships (when on sale, if 75% on sale buy a lot!), that will speed up things as well, and cheaper then buying Cali and Flynn in the first place.

You'll notice that once you have gems generating stuff, you will be able to buy all companions at some point in time. Be patient!

Do you have the little portal that came with the nintendo game? If so, you can put your skylanders that are still unpacked in the original package, on the portal and they will pop up in the game! You don't need to unpack them :-). Ask friends with other skylanders as well!
---
Activate family: DoubleDutchy & iNiekie (last account has problems....)
Daily gifter untill game crashed, Activision is working on it.......
23072 Red Sparx Gems: 45
#3 Posted: 10:31:05 27/04/2014
Forgive me as I am new to this type of gaming.
I've reached level 33 and things are progressing if a little slowly.
The hold up is slow Gem production, I've bought a few with cash but I have decided that I'm not donating any more of my hard earned coinage to Activision.
I see there are others out there with lots of houses etc. that are gem purchases, how do you achieve this? I'm not generating anything like enough. I have 50 skylanders in game and most are level 12, 13, 14.
I need gems to buy more efficient houses as I'm running out of room/gold.
help! Please!
Jedi_Kunle Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#4 Posted: 15:43:59 27/04/2014
Get companion Diggs, Legendary Houses and all Giant Houese that would help getting more gems
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#5 Posted: 21:34:35 27/04/2014
I'm assuming you've got Capybara King - one free gem for EVERY chest is a no brainer. Ditto Hyde. I second that said above. Never use gems to buy skylanders. Make sure you've got a Hall of Legends for EACH legendary you own.
I found the easiest way to measure progress through the game is how many character houses do i have. Each house translates to getting 5 per cent through the game. By the time you've got them all, they will generate all the gems, gold, etc you'll ever need.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 12:55:50 28/04/2014
How do you achieve lots of houses and other gem purchases? Time.

I remember how long it took to save up for that first giant's house. I remember agonizing over which shrine to buy first.

But now I've been playing the game for over a year, and I pretty much have everything. This type of game simply takes a long time to complete.
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#7 Posted: 00:22:40 29/04/2014
I have over 12,000 and running out of room to by Skylander houses.
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me