darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
First | Previous | Page 12 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 29
Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#551 Posted: 10:13:23 05/01/2017
That's a lot stuff going on with activision.
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#552 Posted: 10:14:51 05/01/2017
Quote: omer1698
Why they are trying to can the show if it will cost more to chuncel it?

That's what Activision is trying to find out - whether it'll be more expensive to cancel the second season or finish making it. They'll choose whichever option is cheapest.

Quote:
And if this liam isnright and tfb is really goin down why they are making this contest with the tour as the main prize?

As I mentioned, the terms and conditions of the contest make it clear that Activision is under no obligation to provide the tour if Toys for Bob has been shut down.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8310
#553 Posted: 10:27:18 05/01/2017
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense with the Chuck E Cheese contest and makes me question the legitimacy of this rumor, nothing against Liam though. I know Acti could have planned months in advanced but if TfB is pretty much empty right now then how would they even handle the tour? Jut cancel it and give the winner whatever else is part of the prize, if there even is any? If true and they end up canceling the tour, the main thing being advertised, then that'll look very bad on Activision's part, especially if there isn't anything else given for winning it.

Even Acti vs Netflix over the canceling the show. So much time and money put into season 2, Netflix isn't likely to cancel it now.

Something doesn't add up.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#554 Posted: 11:01:20 05/01/2017
Quote: Drawdler
^ To be fair, it's not like they have the best history with Skylanders contests. Remember the TT Frito-Lay Trio?

But it did end up happening, and the names weren't terrible aside from Bat Spin.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10104
#555 Posted: 12:55:58 05/01/2017
half dolphin half shipwreck

I'm sure the winner will be real happy if their prize gets cancelled and they don't get jack squat because that was the only thing on it. Shows how much Acti really loves kids.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#556 Posted: 13:29:48 05/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
I'm sure the winner will be real happy if their prize gets cancelled and they don't get jack squat because that was the only thing on it. Shows how much Acti really loves kids.

There are supposed to be five grand prize winners, so there'll be five terribly disappointed fans out there if Chuck E. Cheese doesn't start telling people right now that there won't be any trips to California to visit Toys for Bob. (The competition started on January 2 and closes on February 26.)

Child: "Look, mum; look, dad - I won! I get to go see where the Skylanders are made!"

*tries to claim prize*

Activision: "You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir! I said good day!"
#557 Posted: 13:40:32 05/01/2017
Wow, that's even worse. They could've done a secondary option of going to Toy Fair or something.
---
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#558 Posted: 13:43:58 05/01/2017
If this is really the end then i hope for two things:
They will at least relese academy secand season and that they will return some day in the future. Not next year or the three after that but mabey some day...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#559 Posted: 13:51:20 05/01/2017
I think it will be a long time before it returns if ever. But in 10 - 15 years time they might think it's worth rebooting. I still hope for non-toy related releases at some point. Adventures on various floating islands is still as good a concept as most for a video game even without the physical plastic.

As for the competition the winners can still go. But it's likely to be a very short tour. I'm sure Activision would come up with some consolation prize.
#560 Posted: 13:53:39 05/01/2017
Wow, that's even worse. They could've done a secondary option of going to Toy Fair or something.

Without the trip, the only thing Activision is obliged to provide to the grand prize winners is two 3D Imaginator prints (if that's still even up and running by the end of February).
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#561 Posted: 14:04:32 05/01/2017
Well, that's ****ing terrible! Not only is my favorite development studio getting shut down, they might be letting down a bunch of children...
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#562 Posted: 14:22:49 05/01/2017
It doesn't make much sense to me as there is no way you could keep that all quiet. Any large number sacking of employees around Christmas time from a company like this would have been big news that would have leaked out some how. Even with confidentiality contracts that MAYBE goes beyond their sacking and severance pay, this is not something you can keep the families of the employees to be quiet about. Papa loosing his job would get me to blab non stop about it on social media. And if you could hush the families up, there would be a flood of resumes up all over the place saying former TFB employee in no time flat as no one is going to waste time getting work. California is beyond expensive to live in, they cannot go long without work down there. If they all got reassigned to other Activision locations, it still would have been hard to keep a secret.

I'm sure anyone with a little time can hunt these things down on the internet. There would be lots of evidence about it happening if it were true. Hell, if I lived in the area, I would go to their parking lot and see if the number of cars are next to nothing. Watch the people entering and leaving, are they few or reasonable? I know that's stalkerish, but I'm just saying that are all types methods to check this stuff out if one really wanted to do so. Investigative reporting!

If something bad DOES happen to TFB as he's saying and whatever is immanent, then I would be VERY scared for these create an Imaginator figures that people ordered. Yes, they are made at Shapeways, but they come from a Toys For Bob address. I wouldn't have much faith in getting my figures with a shuttered down TFB. It's sort of how I feel about my VV signed artbook via charity donation. That something bad is going on over there as well and I'll never get to see any of it. >.>
---
Stay Cool!
#563 Posted: 14:22:58 05/01/2017
Contacted Liam about the whole Contest thing. Still hasn't said anything yet on the weird pseudo-contradiction of the situation

EDIT: He still really doesn't know much about it considering how he doesn't have sources at Chuck E Cheese. Also, he's upset that his Patreon post was posted verbatim here on the forums so... Might wanna fix and remove that for him. We really should've waited for the video.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:58 05/01/2017 by TheToyNerd
#564 Posted: 14:26:37 05/01/2017
Quote: fairyland
It's sort of how I feel about my VV signed artbook via charity donation. That something bad is going on over there as well and I'll never get to see any of it. >.>

Well, VV seems to have a decent amount of work at the moment, with the PS4 Crash Bandicoot remasters and helping out with the Destiny 2 PC port. I wouldn't be worried about them shutting down any time in the next year or two.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#565 Posted: 14:36:55 05/01/2017
Well then.

I'll still stay around these forums.
#566 Posted: 15:46:54 05/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Contacted Liam about the whole Contest thing. Still hasn't said anything yet on the weird pseudo-contradiction of the situation

EDIT: He still really doesn't know much about it considering how he doesn't have sources at Chuck E Cheese. Also, he's upset that his Patreon post was posted verbatim here on the forums so... Might wanna fix and remove that for him. We really should've waited for the video.

so this creepy post worried us for nothing? this liam is not sure if what he posted is legit or somthing?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#567 Posted: 15:55:06 05/01/2017
Quote: omer1698

so this creepy post worried us for nothing? this liam is not sure if what he posted is legit or somthing?

No, he is certain about the future of the brand and the studio, he just isn't sure about the Chuck E Cheese contest. I assume they made before they realised that the game was most likely getting cancelled. As someone pointed out, though, the contract basically absolves them from all responsibilities.
#568 Posted: 15:55:33 05/01/2017
Of course he was going to get mad that his Patreon stuff is going public, but if we remove it now it probably won't cause more trouble than it already has - doubt any news outlets bat an eye at us if even the Instagram reposters take several hours to notice our findings.
---
#569 Posted: 16:31:05 05/01/2017
Funny, it seems that while theres evidence that the series is ending, there are also now arguments against it.
---
#570 Posted: 16:34:42 05/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Funny, it seems that while theres evidence that the series is ending, there are also now arguments against it.

if it was not the end then it could have been hilarious.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#571 Posted: 16:36:57 05/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Yeah, but neither point towards a game, be it Sky 7, Spyro, whatever. I'd love to be proven wrong but even then we won't be out of the woods just yet.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#572 Posted: 17:04:29 05/01/2017
While that newest statement seems pretty ominous, I'm still a bit skeptical of this guy. The contest does directly contradict Liam's statement and he hasn't necessarily shown much proof, but at the same time the future of the series does not look good, even without Liam's claims. If TfB Studios really is dismantling already, that pretty much drives any hope for a far-future Skylanders game out the window. I'm not sure what to think right now so I'll just sit and wait for an official announcement (if there is one...) and try to enjoy Skylander hunting more than I ever have this year.

In fact, I already have plans for if the series cancellation is announced. Instead of feeling sad on that day, I'm gonna cheer myself up with an extra large Skylanders Nuzlocke Challenge: a marathon of every single Skylanders game, including the 3DS ones, with every single Skylander I have... all on Nightmare mode. Being a nuzlocke challenge, when one of my Skylanders dies it's out and I can't use it again until the challenge is over. After that I'll probably buy any cool looking Skylanders I skipped out on before such as Flarewolf and Bad Juju. What are you guys' plans if the series ends?
#573 Posted: 17:11:59 05/01/2017
Dunno about being skeptical about Liam. I don't think he'd do this to get attention and he doesn't need to(he's a leaker he'd find juicier ****), but his source could very well be pushing something more melodramatic than it truly is to get on the news. Tangentially related we did have Laura getting told a lot that Zelda was getting delayed and suddenly she gets a straight "nope, game's coming out on launch", so it's very confusing until something tangible gets revealed.

edit: It thickens.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/20...landers-academy

"Skylanders Academy bombed", you say?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:56:22 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
#574 Posted: 18:07:32 05/01/2017
Dunno about being skeptical about Liam. I don't think he'd do this to get attention and he doesn't need to(he's a leaker he'd find juicier ****), but his source could very well be pushing something more melodramatic than it truly is to get on the news. Tangentially related we did have Laura getting told a lot that Zelda was getting delayed and suddenly she gets a straight "nope, game's coming out on launch", so it's very confusing until something tangible gets revealed.

edit: It thickens.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/20...landers-academy

"Skylanders Academy bombed", you say?

academy tops phineas and ferb! i dont know if it will help the games but this is defendly some good news smilie.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:49 05/01/2017 by omer1698
#575 Posted: 18:09:41 05/01/2017
Maybe not the games, but this definately knocks the 'acti wants to kill Season 2' rumor down another peg. Even more so than before, they have no reason to stop it, just wait it out and don't renew.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:08 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
LiamR Red Sparx Gems: 85
#576 Posted: 18:13:08 05/01/2017
Hello! This is Liam. Just here to clear a few things up and maybe answer some questions if anyone has them.

To start with, this is my understanding of the situation: TFB has yet to officially lay anyone off as far as I know. Very few people are in their offices because there is almost nothing left to do. Activision isn't accepting new pitches from them and they've found out that the studio will be closing, so most of them have no reason to come in. I'm sure they must be out there, searching for new work. It might be a little while before they are officially let go.

I don't know when Activision will make any of this official and finally release a statement. I would speculate later this month, although I honestly don't know. As far as I know, TFB will wrap up on the last patches for Imaginators and that'll be it.

One thing I will say is that I did over the past 24 hours contact Activision's PR and they would not give me a straight answer on whether or not TFB is closing. This is just speculation, but if your company is staying open, why not just shoot down the rumour and say that it's nonsense? Why give me a non-answer that further leaves things ambiguous?

Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Wishblade
Who is this Liam? Does he have any credibility?

He's the guy who claimed the NX would be worse than the Wii U

I have never said this. It should be obvious that the Wii U's successor would be more powerful than it. What I did say was that it wouldn't be as powerful as PS4 in 2015, a remark which has since been proven true. Also, it's weird that you say that you really hate me. I'm sorry about that, but I don't believe we've ever spoken.
#577 Posted: 18:14:42 05/01/2017
Theory: Liam is fabricating some over-the-top apocalyptic ending for the franchise to please classic spyro fans
#578 Posted: 18:23:19 05/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
Theory: Liam is fabricating some over-the-top apocalyptic ending for the franchise to please classic spyro fans

What would I have to gain from that? I don't care about Spyro.
#579 Posted: 18:23:45 05/01/2017
Quote: LiamR

What would I have to gain from that? I don't care about Spyro.

hmmmm..

welcome to the forums
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#580 Posted: 18:25:13 05/01/2017
Hey Liam, that's all you know as of now? I was going to ask stuff, but, if that's all you know as of now, I cannot ask, right?
---
Bruh
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#581 Posted: 18:25:17 05/01/2017
Wait, Academy even topped My Little Pony?

MY LITTLE FREAKING PONY?

Well they gotta keep the show alive now.

Or maybe they don't idk.

Also I just realized Liam is here now...

Well this is awkward for me.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:27 05/01/2017 by AdamGregory03
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#582 Posted: 18:28:45 05/01/2017
[Starts fanboy scream]
---
Bruh
#583 Posted: 18:33:07 05/01/2017
I already presented why I don't believe your source entirely(though I do believe the series doesn't have much time left), Liam, but if you want to discuss with the users I'll just quickly go over it again.

Trying to shut down Skylanders Academy halfway through is not making any sense. I just posted an article showing it was the top kids' show on Netflix in November, beating other high-budget cartoons, and Eric Rogers said multiple times he's been guaranteed Season 2 is coming out and it's far into animation already, which would mean Acti would only lose money as compared to waiting for Season 2 to pass and just not getting a third one.

edit: I also guess we didn't report the post so Buuzer could edit out the Patreon announcement or LordElohim got online to remove it in time, some kids on Instagram picked it up :I
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:40:34 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
#584 Posted: 18:38:54 05/01/2017
I feel like if Acti is smart, it'd just continue the brand as a TV show with a ton of merchandise. Academy is successful and there are many people who like it!

edit: I also guess we didn't report the post so Buuzer could edit out the Patreon announcement or LordElohim got online to remove it in time, some kids on Instagram picked it up :I

OH.BOY! CANNOT WAIT FOR THE CALM AND RATIONAL REACTION TO THIS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:16 05/01/2017 by TheToyNerd
#585 Posted: 18:40:38 05/01/2017
I already presented why I don't believe your source entirely(though I do believe the series doesn't have much time left), Liam, but if you want to discuss with the users I'll just quickly go over it again.

Trying to shut down Skylanders Academy halfway through is not making any sense. I just posted an article showing it was the top kids' show on Netflix in November, beating other high-budget cartoons, and Eric Rogers said multiple times he's been guaranteed Season 2 is coming out and it's far into animation already, which would mean Acti would only lose money as compared to waiting for Season 2 to pass and just not getting a third one.

edit: I also guess we didn't report the post so Buuzer could edit out the Patreon announcement fast enough, some kids on Instagram picked it up :I

I'm not an Activision rep so I cannot give you the logic behind their actions, but that's what they're trying to do. They want out of everything Skylanders.
#586 Posted: 18:46:18 05/01/2017
Yeah, but the show isn't even part of TFB/VV. It's their entertainment division AND outsourced to TeamTO. I know Acti isn't the smartest company out there(I mean they poisoned this very franchise with unsustainable yearly releases and here we are) but this seems too much even for them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:47 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
#587 Posted: 18:49:21 05/01/2017
I feel like if Acti is smart, it'd just continue the brand as a TV show with a ton of merchandise. Academy is successful and there are many people who like it!

OH.BOY! CANNOT WAIT FOR THE CALM AND RATIONAL REACTION TO THIS

oh trust me, it's too late now.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#588 Posted: 18:49:53 05/01/2017
Quote: LiamR
Hello! This is Liam. Just here to clear a few things up and maybe answer some questions if anyone has them.

To start with, this is my understanding of the situation: TFB has yet to officially lay anyone off as far as I know. Very few people are in their offices because there is almost nothing left to do. Activision isn't accepting new pitches from them and they've found out that the studio will be closing, so most of them have no reason to come in. I'm sure they must be out there, searching for new work. It might be a little while before they are officially let go.

I don't know when Activision will make any of this official and finally release a statement. I would speculate later this month, although I honestly don't know. As far as I know, TFB will wrap up on the last patches for Imaginators and that'll be it.

One thing I will say is that I did over the past 24 hours contact Activision's PR and they would not give me a straight answer on whether or not TFB is closing. This is just speculation, but if your company is staying open, why not just shoot down the rumour and say that it's nonsense? Why give me a non-answer that further leaves things ambiguous?

Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Wishblade
Who is this Liam? Does he have any credibility?

He's the guy who claimed the NX would be worse than the Wii U

I have never said this. It should be obvious that the Wii U's successor would be more powerful than it. What I did say was that it wouldn't be as powerful as PS4 in 2015, a remark which has since been proven true. Also, it's weird that you say that you really hate me. I'm sorry about that, but I don't believe we've ever spoken.

Welcome to the forums. Skylanders ending is not such a huge surprise anyways, given other factors. But the thing I think needs to be answered concerning the franchise if you can poke your contacts is what is going to happen with the remaining unreleased figures? We have five to be released, and some variants on top of that. The five are not available in any way yet. Is Activision going to leave us high and dry in their haste to close the door or finish out the year? I would think those figures are already made.
#589 Posted: 18:57:01 05/01/2017

oh trust me, it's too late now.

If there's one thing I won't miss,it's kids and adults acting like kids overreacting and stealing everything from DS/the subreddit/twitter with no source given. Remember how many "leaks" ended up on Youtube from someone's phone recording another phone on their "amazing" find, or Instagram pictures being reposted from pictures of the computer until potato quality is a compliment?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:19 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
#590 Posted: 18:58:30 05/01/2017
Yeah, if we could get information on-

Heartbreaker Buckshot
Blaster-Tron
Tidepool
Grave Clobber
Ro-Bow
Wild Storm
Egg Bomber Air Strike
Hard Boiled Flarewolf
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#591 Posted: 19:17:35 05/01/2017
So... They're just completely giving up on the series then? At least, according to Liam's sources?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#592 Posted: 19:20:47 05/01/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
So... They're just completely giving up on the series then? At least, according to Liam's sources?

thye batter not, first they are shooting skylanders to death and then closing any possobility for a Closure? there is limit to how much crap a fan take...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#593 Posted: 19:24:49 05/01/2017
Liam, why do you think TFB is shutting down? Their HQ is on a weird *** street, it could just be a remodel, or they could be moving.

It's also possible that no one has shown up at TFB HQ, because there is no work to be done. Skylanders is TFB's main project.

Also, if the Chuck E Cheese contest is legit, then why would they invest money in that if Skylanders is ending? I'm actually not sure where that would be, TFB HQ, or Activision HQ.

And, since Academy is the best kids show on netflix atm, (that could be me causing that, hehe) why would they just drop everything and run?
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#594 Posted: 19:29:11 05/01/2017
Imaginators only sold 10k copies in spain.
#595 Posted: 19:33:55 05/01/2017

usuly i will be like this but we basicly know what will happen now so i got nothing...

quci quastion how you do this thing with the links?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:58 05/01/2017 by omer1698
#596 Posted: 19:39:49 05/01/2017
Zap, how well do the games do in Spain anyways?
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#597 Posted: 19:43:47 05/01/2017
Quote: TrapGiant

i don't know, but only 10k copies sold for a AAA title anywhere is bad news.
#598 Posted: 19:48:10 05/01/2017

usuly i will go like this everytime i hear something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
but now that we heard the ultimate bad news then i dont really care now.
it wont change a thing.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:41 05/01/2017 by omer1698
#599 Posted: 19:52:27 05/01/2017

Acti got up from superchargers and went on... Whats to stop them from making 7?
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 29

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me