darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force Prices vs. Infinity Prices
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Swap Force Prices vs. Infinity Prices [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#51 Posted: 04:35:58 03/08/2013
The fact we haven't heard much about the gameplay itself tells me there's not much new. Maybe they're waiting for the big reveal...but with Infinity a little over two weeks away...they may want to get to communicating. I'm leaning on getting DI for my kids and reward Disney for the online gameplay and creation innovation...and give Swap Force a break this year. When Acti brings more than swapping characters to the table, I'll re-evaluate it then.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:01 03/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#52 Posted: 08:28:03 03/08/2013
Didn't we just get six gameplay videos a week ago?
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#53 Posted: 09:30:38 03/08/2013
Quote: Rickorio
Yup, who do you think they are going to listen two? The over thousands of people askin for online, or the seldom few who don't what it? Not trying to be mean, but, just saying.

The marketing department, and I don't think they rely on our forums.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#54 Posted: 16:26:13 03/08/2013
Quote: ShaneK
Quote: Rickorio
Yup, who do you think they are going to listen two? The over thousands of people askin for online, or the seldom few who don't what it? Not trying to be mean, but, just saying.

The marketing department, and I don't think they rely on our forums.

Eh, that's true, but who does the marketing department listen to?
---
#hu
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#55 Posted: 17:56:06 03/08/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain

Six must not be enough.

There's been huge luls in info for both games.

However, there is a new video out for Infinity, that made me LOL. It clearly shows how they ripped off Skylanders when thinking of Infinity. How so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MAraxqWNk4#at=128

At 2:08 into the video you clearly see a Series 1 Gill Grunt and Double Trouble on their desk as they brainstorm characters. L...O...L!

Let's see -

Ripped off Minecrap? Check (Toy Box; where people create with tools millionaires made while not getting paid)
Ripped off Skylanders? Check (Toys to Life)

While I am getting Infinity, I am not doing it for Toy Box - because I would rather create something that could make me millions instead of waste my life in front of a TV creating for other people I won't ever know or see - or online play. I am definitely not doing it for online, because can you imagine who you might get paired up with? Oh, lord.

I am simply getting it for my love of gaming. To diversify my overall game collection, nothing more. What Skylanders does, it does better. It offers different ways to play, while Infinity will be a two-trick pony.

My kids will dig Infinity until Swap Force releases, and at that time, Infinity will be an afterthought to those who can't just sit around creating things that will get them nowhere in life, as they will now be playing with Skylanders who can actually do something that hasn't been done in games before, dynamic swapability to the tune of 256 combinations.

When one takes 99 Skylanders through every Heroic, every Battle Arena, all 9 quests, while 3 starring every level, grabbing all 80 Skystones, then people will fully realize just how long it takes to do everything in Skylanders. It certainly doesn't take 2 days, but rather, months or even a year.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#56 Posted: 18:30:21 03/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Tel Prydain

Six must not be enough.

There's been huge luls in info for both games.

However, there is a new video out for Infinity, that made me LOL. It clearly shows how they ripped off Skylanders when thinking of Infinity. How so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MAraxqWNk4#at=128

At 2:08 into the video you clearly see a Series 1 Gill Grunt and Double Trouble on their desk as they brainstorm characters. L...O...L!

Let's see -

Ripped off Minecrap? Check (Toy Box; where people create with tools millionaires made while not getting paid)
Ripped off Skylanders? Check (Toys to Life)

While I am getting Infinity, I am not doing it for Toy Box - because I would rather create something that could make me millions instead of waste my life in front of a TV creating for other people I won't ever know or see - or online play. I am definitely not doing it for online, because can you imagine who you might get paired up with? Oh, lord.

I am simply getting it for my love of gaming. To diversify my overall game collection, nothing more. What Skylanders does, it does better. It offers different ways to play, while Infinity will be a two-trick pony.

My kids will dig Infinity until Swap Force releases, and at that time, Infinity will be an afterthought to those who can't just sit around creating things that will get them nowhere in life, as they will now be playing with Skylanders who can actually do something that hasn't been done in games before, dynamic swapability to the tune of 256 combinations.

When one takes 99 Skylanders through every Heroic, every Battle Arena, all 9 quests, while 3 starring every level, grabbing all 80 Skystones, then people will fully realize just how long it takes to do everything in Skylanders. It certainly doesn't take 2 days, but rather, months or even a year.

This is exactly what I think, and if my parents agree, I will be getting it with the $100 Disney Store Gift Card the won.
---
#hu
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#57 Posted: 19:51:59 03/08/2013
Sorry Rickorio, But all 100$ is gonna get you in terms of DI is the Starter Pack, a single figure, and possibly one of those little circle upgrade things.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#58 Posted: 20:03:04 03/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78

I agree, although at best it's described as a "grind"...not terribly exciting when you have 100 of these to do and you have to do this for EACH ONE. If you are an obsessed completionist---yes there's replay there...if only they could make it MORE ENJOYABLE.

I'm only halfway through SSA doing the "full monty" in SSA/Giants and frankly it's getting tiresome.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:47 03/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
#59 Posted: 20:03:24 03/08/2013
I know, but, I'm thinking about buying some characters myself. So both me and my brother can play the play sets.
---
#hu
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#60 Posted: 20:44:34 03/08/2013
Well... LOL! That video make me laugh a lot! Is almost like DI developers think that they have invented the "Toys to Life" concept. The Skylanders on the desk... Just LOL. You can only learn from the masters...
Still Infinity looks good.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#61 Posted: 00:34:40 04/08/2013
I would of considered getting Infinity if the prices were lower...around 15 bucks for a single character is ridiculous. And honestly, Swap Force looks way more fun and interesting than Infinity. The only thing Infinity has going for it is the characters.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
#62 Posted: 01:01:39 04/08/2013
Yeah! Though, in still getting the starter pack, a triple, and a power disk pack-thing.
---
#hu
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me