First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Please no more Gill Grunt!
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#51 Posted: 10:13:43 14/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Deja Vu
Quote: UncleBob
I would like for 4 or 5 more Gill Grunt figures before the series is over.

Just why?

Why stop at 4 or 5? I want two dozen Gill Grunts.

What is this heretics?, I demand a repose of Gill Grunt every year even if the franchise dies.
Game pass, fish remain.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#52 Posted: 10:29:39 14/06/2015
Quote: Garygoh884
Should we privately continue the Skylanders series after SWAP Force (after Trap Team dematurization of stories begun) by our own, it would've been better. No recurring Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, Eruptor reposes, etc... the new characters we include in onto our Skylanders fangame are awesome of appearance and abilities, rarely downhill into childhoodness. Now Activision thinks Skylanders as simple, extracarious games which only fits for kids, apart from teens based on age. It's quite the probability that, if the characters since beginning were popular for kids, instead of maturity, they'll be most likely be reposes of these (or even two or more from Trap Team's example). Altogether, Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Eruptor, Terrafin, Jet-Vac, and Chop Chop were/are the fruits of the eight Elements in Skylands, they're simply seen as the 'best heroes' in kid's perspective.

And there's one question we've been constantly asking: are we too old for Skylanders since Trap Team? Looks like we've been seeing these repetive characters since then...

Exactly! I seriously don't care what the kids like, I always replaced the "main 8" with characters I actually like, like Hex, Zap or Smolderdash. They need to remember that some kids maybe started playing at the age of 11 or 12 and that they're in puberty by now. I'm sure the teens wouldn't like to see a character coming back over and over again. I jumped out of joy when Hex got a Mini instead of Chop Chop. That showed that TFB sometimes takes other characters that also need a moment to shine. I mean they brought back the highly wanted Shroomboom and Drobot. But Hijinx, Drobit and Sure Shot shouldn't have been the only ones, they could've brought back the forgotten 5 some Giant Cores and new Swap Force Cores.
VV on the other hand just takes, as I said the "main 8" they never even listen to their fans and just do what they think, brings the most money.

I still have some hope for some better characters to return, like Roller Brawl or any other Magic character than Spyro or Pop Fizz. I'm not sure if I want to buy game that contains 10 characters I hate (except for Stealth Elf).
Popblah1gaming Green Sparx Gems: 182
#53 Posted: 13:50:49 14/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Yeah honestly this game has so far picked some of the most overrated characters sadly and that's saying a lot. Like in tech I can't believe they didn't bring smilie back. He rides a vehicle and totally fits as a supercharger to begin with kinda like how Trap Shadow looked like he could have been a Trap Master.

But that would be weird cause he already rides a vehicle, he would be in a vehicle inside a vehicle, can't wait to see VV pull that off
---
Hi
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#54 Posted: 14:05:02 14/06/2015
Its very dissapointing to think that the returning characters will mostly be reimagined Eons Elite... There are so many options but they stick with these.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#55 Posted: 15:18:55 14/06/2015
Gill Grunt sales. It's why has has a Series 4 character. Even then he sold out. It's why hes the Elite Water Element.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10064
#56 Posted: 15:31:04 14/06/2015
Quote: WickedRogue
Gill Grunt sales. It's why has has a Series 4 character. Even then he sold out. It's why hes the Elite Water Element.

How do you even know he sold out? Didn't hear anyone having problems finding his S4, unlike the final wave guys.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#57 Posted: 15:53:56 14/06/2015
I don't see any Gill Grunts anymore..
All my nearby Targets are %50 Head Ruah, %25 Lightcore Giants Three Pack, %12 Trail Blazer, %12 Cobra Cadabra, %1 everything else
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#58 Posted: 16:03:15 14/06/2015
Well of course, TT stopped being produced, it's going to stop showing up eventually. But people actively creating threads about looking for him, like with some trap masters,Blackout, Spotlight,etc etc? Don't recall any of that.
---
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#59 Posted: 17:44:18 14/06/2015
I don't know why people say we hate Gill grunt, we still like him. Lets say Sunburn was in every game. We would say no more sunburn! If gill grunt was only in Ssa, we would say bring him back we all like him! We just are tired of reposes
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#60 Posted: 19:43:02 14/06/2015
Quote: superhalite
I don't know why people say we hate Gill grunt, we still like him. Lets say Sunburn was in every game. We would say no more sunburn! If gill grunt was only in Ssa, we would say bring him back we all like him! We just are tired of reposes

Exactly. Actually this thread is just stupid.
#61 Posted: 20:01:43 14/06/2015
I don't know, there was some fun to be had and no one really got into a fight, regardless of the wording of the title.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#62 Posted: 20:14:53 14/06/2015
To be fair even though this topic does sound stupid, it does bring up a tragic point. Some fans and even children want to find some of the more rare and obscure characters to play as like smilie and smilie, but they only have one pose and are hard to find. Also some characters need that wow pow that can actually make a character better like how smilie actually got faster and can attack with his slide attack and how smilie finally became a champ with his new wow pow. So in the end it's more about giving all the characters a chance to get stronger and at the same time help new fans find the lesser known fighters in this amazing series.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:10 14/06/2015 by GhostRoaster617
#63 Posted: 20:47:58 14/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: WickedRogue

Actually, I see the series 4 of him all the time, meaning either he likes those shelves and bites people for taking away his home, or he doesn't sell
---
Hi
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#64 Posted: 21:03:26 14/06/2015
I see a bunch of s4 gill grunts were I am, and wasn't there only 1 of him per box?
#65 Posted: 22:10:09 14/06/2015
To be fair even though this topic does sound stupid, it does bring up a tragic point. Some fans and even children want to find some of the more rare and obscure characters to play as like smilie and smilie, but they only have one pose and are hard to find. Also some characters need that wow pow that can actually make a character better like how smilie actually got faster and can attack with his slide attack and how smilie finally became a champ with his new wow pow. So in the end it's more about giving all the characters a chance to get stronger and at the same time help new fans find the lesser known fighters in this amazing series.

Though you can take old characters and make minor changes in stats and damage output (like with SWAP Force, except actually fix instead of nerf) to improve them. (Make enemies oiled by Hot Head take enough damge to justify oiling them, make Spyro fly faster, etc.) and.... Let's be honest. The little kids don't care that much about old characters. They totally buy into the NEW NEW NEW Marketing. If they reposed old characters with the same moveset and a WOW POW then they would literally making THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER except BETTER, ruining the fun and impressive value of the original. I pray the forgotten 5 stay that way
---
#66 Posted: 22:27:16 14/06/2015
Yeah, and keep being super expensive and attracting scalper attitude? No thanks. At least a series 2 could make Ghost Roaster's other path worth using in ANY situation(because I couldn't find one), make Sunburn more than holding a button down and the occasional dash, etc etc. Nobody cares about the value of the original when the originals aren't produced anymore but those selling them for triple the price, we care about how relevant they are. And without some tweaking around those guys will lose their relevancy pretty fast.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:34 14/06/2015 by Bifrost
#67 Posted: 01:58:01 15/06/2015
Thanks Bifrost I'm glad you understand my perspective. It just seems like a total bummer to have new fans miss out on these amazing fighters and to not experience their abilities and have fun with the lesser known characters is all.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#68 Posted: 03:33:13 15/06/2015
Thanks Bifrost I'm glad you understand my perspective. It just seems like a total bummer to have new fans miss out on these amazing fighters and to not experience their abilities and have fun with the lesser known characters is all.

Not too many characters from SSA were really "Amazing Fighters"
Ghost Roaster isn't amazing but the novelty factor is cool, and it was an absolute joy when I found him used cheap at my local game store. Once again, you don't need to make a reposes to tweak. Just mess around with the old versions stats, damage ratios. If you need to make a huge difference, "Supercharge" them but if you make a "series" version this late in the game you are stabbing everyone who purchased the characters from scalpers in the back. It's why I hate reposes in the first place, I buy characters hoping I'll be getting an experience young kids in a few years will never have heard of, and heck, if they are rare enough they can get me through a financial rut (Not as a scalper, just selling my collection, probably when these guys are considered vintage )... Sorry, still mad about my Camo/Warnado incident.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:34:58 15/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#69 Posted: 06:20:13 15/06/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

Ghost Roaster isn't amazing but the novelty factor is cool, and it was an absolute joy when I found him used cheap at my local game store. Once again, you don't need to make a reposes to tweak. Just mess around with the old versions stats, damage ratios. If you need to make a huge difference, "Supercharge" them but if you make a "series" version this late in the game you are stabbing everyone who purchased the characters from scalpers in the back. It's why I hate reposes in the first place, I buy characters hoping I'll be getting an experience young kids in a few years will never have heard of, and heck, if they are rare enough they can get me through a financial rut (Not as a scalper, just selling my collection, probably when these guys are considered vintage )... Sorry, still mad about my Camo/Warnado incident.

Or you just dont buy from scalpers in the first place. The fact is with the entire lineup of characters created, there is going to be a point they are going to dip back in at some that might have been forgotten and its their right to especially when it seems for games like this they can reimagine them. I'd love to see a sunburn and ghost roaster supercharger as i'd buy them in a heart beat. they would be appealing where as a boomer might not be.

Probably like many gill grunt just rots here especially at walmart with his double pack that they can't get rid of as its fully stocked and he remains on pegs at every store in the area in his regular s4 single from trap team. even his elite doesn't sell. problem with him is over saturation and while a handful of the fanbase likes him. he really needs to sit out a game. that's a problem they are going to start seeing when sales dip for characters due to overexposure. even trigger happy still had a mini and elite as well.

Another reason I'd skip this game simply on the playstyle they're forcing with certain characters. as if they keep reposing certain characters it forces you to experience the game their way for all the new things. I tend to wait to play the games after i get certain characters every year. still only part way through swap force and haven't touched trap team yet. ive collected but i've noticed from some playthroughs to show off characters that trap team has some cringeworthy dialogue (looking at chompy mage) that overall shows the focus to kids.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#70 Posted: 08:02:07 15/06/2015
I love Gill Grunt........ #thingsnobodysays
#71 Posted: 13:49:22 15/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr

Or you just dont buy from scalpers in the first place. The fact is with the entire lineup of characters created, there is going to be a point they are going to dip back in at some that might have been forgotten and its their right to especially when it seems for games like this they can reimagine them. I'd love to see a sunburn and ghost roaster supercharger as i'd buy them in a heart beat. they would be appealing where as a boomer might not be.

I would love a SuperCharged Sunburn and Ghost Roaster too, however I would hate a series repose with the same moveset. And 99/100 if you want a character you'll have to willing to pay a bit extra online (I believe I got Legendary Bash for like 16 dollars)
---
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#72 Posted: 15:21:31 15/06/2015
I am tired of gill grunt. I have 2 cause they were bundled with a character I actually wanted or with the first game. I hope they don't bundle gill grunt with characters I want but instead put in a new character or a desired one if gill grunt shows up unwelcomed again :/
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#73 Posted: 20:10:33 15/06/2015
I really do hope that smilie becomes a supercharger. Imagine smilie in his magical dune buggy it makes so much sense.
---
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#74 Posted: 20:13:15 15/06/2015
I really do hope that smilie becomes a supercharger. Imagine smilie in his magical dune buggy it makes so much sense.

he would be a cool one to but I think smilie is the magic one
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12794
#75 Posted: 20:34:15 15/06/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan

he would be a cool one to but I think smilie is the magic one

It'll either be him or smilie. We know how overrated he's getting.
#76 Posted: 02:41:51 16/06/2015
Quote: alicecarp

It'll either be him or smilie. We know how overrated he's getting.

i think honestly it's more in favor of pop fizz getting the magic repose spot than spyro. pop fizz might be getting overrated but all in all, they've been waiting for a magic type they can push so people think of spyro less right? maybe supercharges might be a game where there's no spyro. it looks very possible with this. you know the magic goat girl is the new supercharger so that leaves either pop fizz or spyro and i'm going to go with that pop fizz gets the spot since hot streak is the main supercharger. (looks like a fire dragon and could come off a little similar to spyro)

I would love a SuperCharged Sunburn and Ghost Roaster too, however I would hate a series repose with the same moveset. And 99/100 if you want a character you'll have to willing to pay a bit extra online (I believe I got Legendary Bash for like 16 dollars)

that always depends on when you arrive into something. if you are at the right time and keep on top of things chances are you'll get things closer to the original price, or you may be able to invest in the less obscure or madly reposed for cheap. that one figure might cost you more due to its rarity. i only paid the highest for target exclusive whirlwind who i still have sealed to this day and that was the last time i did. about four games in i've gotten figures near retail or lower.

personally i might hunt for rare figs of super chargers if i like them but i'm not going for anywhere near full collection and possibly just a set of figs that means 1 for each type of transportation - sea, sky and land so the investment of only that much would be feasible. maybe the game when its very cheap. it's just not worth the 75 bucks - even infinity is charging 10 bucks less now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:49:01 16/06/2015 by tigerdr
#77 Posted: 08:48:27 16/06/2015
If they ever intentionally have fans to "push less Spyro" they know there's the ire of the old fans waiting there for them. It's going to be a very dumb move the game they do that, especially when you have Gill Grunt and not his best friend and leader.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#78 Posted: 11:31:59 16/06/2015
Sheesh whats with all the Gill Grunt hate ? Anyone who owns 2 or 3 extra G G has no right to be upset about the nice people who do nothing more then give us what we want . They want a paycheck so they will stop making him if you stop buying him you know .

I like ol Gill Grunt . He is a good soldier .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#79 Posted: 15:23:40 16/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
If they ever intentionally have fans to "push less Spyro" they know there's the ire of the old fans waiting there for them. It's going to be a very dumb move the game they do that, especially when you have Gill Grunt and not his best friend and leader.

gotta remember where they are going with the series. they are pushing ones that are their core 8 and it seems to some fans its a bit repetitive with trigger and gil and stealth, etc. from how its looking since swap force and trap team that they are trying to push less spyro. I really dont see him getting a supercharger and one is going to be pop fizz. Sure they keep him around for old fans and such with spry and the elite one but he's not going to get the supercharger. Consider much of the games now to be side stories as it seems they're going to push certain other characters so they can make more money. More of the younger fans seem to like pop fizz so that's where their target audience is. I mean there's probably more older gamers that don't want to keep seeing gill grunt but there's a ton of the younger fans that like him. It's felt for awhile they already pushed away the older gamers for the younger ones in hopes to keep more sales.
---
#80 Posted: 15:29:26 16/06/2015
Pop Fizz appeals to the young audience as much as Spyro, if not less. Between alchemist Gremlin with implicit G-rated alcoholism and hot blooded dragon, it's not measured in numbers which one a kid will stop at, but the one parents will prefer is probably the latter.
---
#81 Posted: 19:44:16 16/06/2015
Gill Grunt Confirmed, Close up this thread.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#82 Posted: 19:47:42 16/06/2015
2 l8 m8
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#83 Posted: 19:53:11 16/06/2015
Perhaps if we all demand for Gill Grunt in Sky 6 they'll do the opposite and give us a Punk Shock repose? LOL I'm just glad we got one unexpected repose in Roller Brawl. I swore that she was a peg warmer as she was always quite abundant at that time.
---
Stay Cool!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#84 Posted: 21:40:53 16/06/2015
Boo gill grunt
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#85 Posted: 21:42:29 16/06/2015
Well,this time he looks so ridiculous that maybe even kids will decide they're done getting that gillman.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12794
#86 Posted: 21:52:17 16/06/2015
Quote: fairyland
LOL I'm just glad we got one unexpected repose in Roller Brawl. I swore that she was a peg warmer as she was always quite abundant at that time.

I'm glad that not every repose is from SSA or SG and I'm not surprised that VV would repose one of their characters from SSF.

As soon as I saw Deep Dive Gill Grunt, I actually said "Oh for God's sake" out loud while at the same time, I was thinking "called it". I'm disappointed as I was hoping that Slam Bam would return for once.
#87 Posted: 21:53:29 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Gill Grunt Confirmed, Close up this thread.

Yup, time to start one about it being stupid
---
Hi
#88 Posted: 21:58:59 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
SERIOUSLY! Another gill grunt! This is the 10th time they're putting a new version of him on the shelves! this is their 10th time! And don't say "well it's new," because I don't care! There are still 10 of him out there! He was new 8 times before this and I'm sick of it! I'm not getting him unless I get it for free!
---
Hi
#89 Posted: 22:00:20 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Also, I think that his outfit is really bad
---
Hi
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#90 Posted: 22:12:32 16/06/2015
Then don't get him. simple as that.
---
Dead
#91 Posted: 22:14:37 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
Then don't get him. simple as that.

I already stated I won't.
---
Hi
#92 Posted: 22:22:26 16/06/2015
What makes this even worse is the fact that since his gameplay is completely different, he and the other returning guys won't be compatible with the older games.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#93 Posted: 00:20:51 17/06/2015
The Skyland's God got a new outfit and a shiny new sparky staff!

And now he roams the seas with his new underwater chariot, the Reef Ripper!
All hail Deep Dive Gill Grunt!

All hail his finned glory!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Chrisii2013 Green Sparx Gems: 454
#94 Posted: 19:58:28 17/06/2015
Argh another gill grunt!! they could have reposed rip tide or punk shock
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#95 Posted: 20:02:21 17/06/2015
There are literally thousands of Rip Tides on the shelves! I could buy at least a few hundred in my area.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#96 Posted: 20:06:37 17/06/2015
Yay GILL GRUNT! Now I'll buy this game.
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#97 Posted: 22:45:22 17/06/2015
I noticed that Gill Grunt never got a named variant, just chase ones.
#98 Posted: 22:46:38 17/06/2015
Quote: frightrider64
I noticed that Gill Grunt never got a named variant, just chase ones.

Does Green Gill Grunt count? It's not a chase variant since it came in console packs,but I'm not exactly sure if it has an official name at all.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#99 Posted: 23:27:06 17/06/2015
I'd really like to see Chill sporting a classic Leotard (homage to classic Super hero females). Also she needs something better then the Swap Force outfit but something also to get a way from that horrid default robotic powered up look.

BUT without question I do not want another Gill Grunt. These superchargers are a sure fire way to get me to purchase another Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt, but I don't want another of either ever again.
I don't hate Gill Grunt I'm just so tired of him getting a space. I always thought that "series 3" should be a max for a character. Stealth Elf is one of my favorite skylanders by far but I didn't want to see another one of her either.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#100 Posted: 23:27:21 17/06/2015
They gotta bring back Spyro. Trigg, and Gill are here, why not the star of the series?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me