Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > what is a franchise you don't get the love for?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
what is a franchise you don't get the love for? [CLOSED]
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#51 Posted: 20:35:33 21/04/2015
The Maze Runner. Sure, it's a good book and all, but it doesn't… how can I phrase this without offending anyone?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#52 Posted: 20:38:15 21/04/2015
Quote: StormDragon21
The Maze Runner. Sure, it's a good book and all, but it doesn't… how can I phrase this without offending anyone?

The movie doesn't do the book justice?

I think that might do it.
---
^ You all know it's true
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#53 Posted: 21:31:28 21/04/2015
Quote: I-Brawler
minecrafffffffft

Don't understand it.

That and World of Warcraft.. and Skyrim.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:03 21/04/2015 by AvatariDragon
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#54 Posted: 22:01:43 21/04/2015
Divergent or whatever the heck the series is, basically most "popular" books that most people in my school read like the Maze Runner.

I don't get it, they're boring to me. I can't read two chapters without getting completely tired of it. Not my type of books.

Also, I think Frozen was an excellent movie, but people are taking it too far. Yes, at first I enjoyed seeing the characters and all everywhere but people are still obsessing over it and if I hear "Let it Go" one more time, I'm going to run away as fast as possible. I mean I don't mind if they talk about it and discuss it and stuff, but that's kind of enough already.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:40 21/04/2015 by spyroisthebest8
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#55 Posted: 22:23:01 21/04/2015
Soul Eater. It has some of the most half assed world building I've ever seen.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8977
#56 Posted: 22:47:55 21/04/2015
Pretty much any modern-day Nicktoons. Just about all of them are two idiots with no personality having a nonsensical adventure with plenty of toilet humor.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#57 Posted: 00:15:43 22/04/2015
I don't get why people thought Titanfall was so revolutionary and why it got so much praise. it was literally just CoD mixed with Hawken. The game was seriously devoid of content, had practically no story whatsoever, and was seriously repetitive. I don't understand at all why this game won so many awards after release. We called out games like AC Unity, Watch Dogs, and Destiny for being disappointing, how come this game gets a free pass?
---
Cool cool.
#58 Posted: 00:29:53 22/04/2015
Also:
Adventure Time
My Little Pony
Gravity Falls
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#59 Posted: 00:30:31 22/04/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon

Gravity Falls

Ummmmmmm

ok
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#60 Posted: 01:22:52 22/04/2015
Sword Art Online.
Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Naruto. I would have also said DBZ but that was part of my childhood so (and since it ended ages ago people aren't talking about it as much as the other four)....

Also:
Adventure Time
My Little Pony
Gravity Falls

Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
Soul Eater. It has some of the most half assed world building I've ever seen.

must. resist. bait. D:

(although i do think that regular show deserves more fame than adventure time and my little pony. it's not really that popular. can't say anything about gravity falls since i haven't watched it. i would have also said steven universe but it seems like that show is rapidly rising in fame considering the amount i've see of it on tumblr lately)
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 01:27:01 22/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#61 Posted: 01:27:35 22/04/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Sword Art Online.

[User Posted Image]

.................... OTL
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#62 Posted: 01:54:30 22/04/2015
Adventure Time and Regular Show. Granted, if they had different animation styles, I'd probably like more. I can't stand modern grotesque American animation styles.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#63 Posted: 02:24:40 22/04/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
Titanfall

Adventure Time
Gravity Falls

Quote: Doomslicer
Adventure Time and Regular Show.

[User Posted Image]
- - -
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#64 Posted: 03:46:58 22/04/2015
Twilight....
Frozen (Movie was good, but not worth the hype)
Spongebob
Call of Duty (Though I guess I can get the point of hype... I mean, who doesn't love mindlessly shooting everything in sight? *raises hand*)
Akira (Tried to watch it and just couldn't....)
MLP (I just don't get it....)
RWBY (Yes, the series has a good and interesting story, but the animation is laughable at best)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#65 Posted: 04:37:13 22/04/2015
Gravity Falls
---
words. letters. filler.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#66 Posted: 05:37:40 22/04/2015
Spongebob
#67 Posted: 12:39:02 22/04/2015
minecrafffffffft

Don't understand it.

World of Warcraft is a good game, but people take it way too far, which i why i kill their annoying characters smilie

Spongebob needs to die, and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic needs to jump in there too.
---
^ You all know it's true
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#68 Posted: 12:40:23 22/04/2015
Quote: Greeble
minecrafffffffft

Don't understand it.

World of Warcraft is a good game, but people take it way too far, which i why i kill their annoying characters smilie

Spongebob needs to die, and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic needs to jump in there too.

I watched a bit of a new episode of spongebob today.....What the hell did they do to it? It was unwatchable, it was just awful.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#69 Posted: 13:14:19 22/04/2015
Quote: Lunarz

I watched a bit of a new episode of spongebob today.....What the hell did they do to it? It was unwatchable, it was just awful.

The original writer left in season 3, that's why it's so bad.
He came back for both SpongeBob movies tho
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#70 Posted: 13:34:14 22/04/2015
Every Dan Schneider show. :V
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#71 Posted: 13:44:54 22/04/2015
I like RWBY, a lot actually, but pretty much only due to the fight scenes and weapons and the overall world and plot. The writing itself isn't great, and I don't understand how everyone says it's so clever or funny, it seemed almost grating early on especially. Granted, they did some good deconstruction and deepening of characters, but still. Overall, I get the hype for the fight scenes and weapons and overall plot, but not much else.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#72 Posted: 15:21:23 22/04/2015
I like RWBY, a lot actually, but pretty much only due to the fight scenes and weapons and the overall world and plot. The writing itself isn't great, and I don't understand how everyone says it's so clever or funny, it seemed almost grating early on especially. Granted, they did some good deconstruction and deepening of characters, but still. Overall, I get the hype for the fight scenes and weapons and overall plot, but not much else.

I don't get that at all.

I watched a couple of episodes and it made my head hurt.
---
^ You all know it's true
#73 Posted: 16:32:04 22/04/2015

I don't get that at all.

I watched a couple of episodes and it made my head hurt.

The animation improves over time, and you get used to it. The second season was much better imo though the fights stay about the same level of good choreography throughout the whole series.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#74 Posted: 16:54:18 22/04/2015
Quote: Ice Dragoness

People who think the Dangan Ronpa animation is good

I don't think anybody thinks Danganronpa's anime is good.

The hype and praise for Danganronpa is for the games.
#75 Posted: 17:13:55 22/04/2015

Oh I do like it and enjoy watching it as well, but don't get why it's as popular as it is. The episodes are quite short, especially in the first season, and the animation is horrid. I've seen people's hair move through their bodies & feet go through the floor, I mean, come on, learn 2 physics RoosterTeeth... Besides that, most of the body movements appear rather rigid at times, something they try to cover up with comedic expressions and animations as well as fast-paced action scenes. This of course does a good job of such, especially the latter, but if one pays attention, you can still catch faults.

Yes, things improved on the second season, at least then every background characters wasn't a generic black silhouette like in the first. Sure this can look like it's drawing focus on the main characters, but it can also look too lazy to model a few extra generic people, especially in a few scenes like the classrooms when there's only about 3 people who are actually people.

The story of the world itself, the intricate weapons, and the overall plot for the series is good, but isn't really enough imo to make up for animation that makes it look like a school project and while it should get some praise for the story, not quite as much as it does.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#76 Posted: 01:40:24 23/04/2015
basically every shooter ever with a few exceptions they just seem so bland and boring and all the same to me. This thread is a huge bait thread its gonna kill someone in a fit of rage.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6643
#77 Posted: 01:42:35 23/04/2015
Quote: CAV
Quote: Ice Dragoness

People who think the Dangan Ronpa animation is good

I don't think anybody thinks Danganronpa's anime is good.

The hype and praise for Danganronpa is for the games.

oh god so i was playing a Danganronpa video at Anime club and this kid asked what series it was, so I told him and he said that he'd go watch the anime. I legit jumped over some chairs and near screamed in his face not to watch the anime but to play the games or watch a let's play.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:43:08 23/04/2015 by DragonCamo
#78 Posted: 06:17:21 23/04/2015
Sonic the Hedgehog (imo they've all been horrid after the first one)
CoD (waaaaaay too over hyped)
Rosalina from Mario Galaxy (seriously, why do people even like her?)
DC Comics (save for Flash and Green Lantern)
Any of those MOBAs (Diablo, Dota, LoL, save for Marvel Heroes 2015, they're all pretty boring to me)
The Borne movies (too much dramatic talking, not enough acting)
Skylanders (after the first 2, it just got stale)
Sherlock (The actors are good, but Stephen Moffat is the ****tiest writer I've ever seen)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:22:32 23/04/2015 by StriderSwag
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#79 Posted: 06:26:48 23/04/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Any of those MOBAs (Diablo, Dota, LoL, save for Marvel Heroes 2015, they're all pretty boring to me)
Sherlock (The actors are good, but Stephen Moffat is the ****tiest writer I've ever seen)

Okay, buckle the **** up. Steven Moffat is atrocious, he is absolutely awful, but Sherlock is a masterpiece, it is one of the highest ranking television series currently on air, it launched movie star careers, it is smart, funny, amazing. Moffat is not the lead writer on Sherlock, the ****o never even visits the set unless there's a problem. Mark Gatiss is one of the head writers and I think he is brilliant. Moffat is a ****o who sits back and adds ludicrous ideas because he thinks things always need to be fast and exciting so then things get confusing, but with Sherlock Gatiss can control him somewhat, sometimes Sherlock gets confusing but only because its Sherlock Holmes and it makes sense for it to.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#80 Posted: 07:05:41 23/04/2015

With Rosalina, I think mostly it's based on her looks. Just ask Sonicbrawler why she's his waifu. I think she looks pretty cool and the way her hair covers the one eye gives her a sense of mystery and beauty to me. I really don't know why her popularity went through the roof like it did, but it likely boils down to her looks.

b-b-but batman D: Harley Quinn is amazing, don't lie.

I really thought the same about LoL until I played it. Somehow the meta makes it interesting. I get it isn't everyone's cup of tea due to the lack of story, but the meta that makes every game different and yet the same provides new challenges. Not quite an obsession, but I do find interest in all of the little mechanics.
---
#81 Posted: 12:11:16 23/04/2015
Doctor Who... I've attempted to watch it, but it seemed too corny for me to take seriously. I don't really understand why people like it so much.

Regular Show

The Kardashians and pretty much any other reality show like that... I suppose these are worth mentioning too. They are idiotic. I don't give a **** what they are doing in their every day lives. I have my own life to live, why should I worry about theirs. They're just a bunch of rich snots getting paid more money to act like rich snots. I don't know why people like those shows so much, it's gross...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:12:12 23/04/2015 by AvatariDragon
#82 Posted: 12:39:30 23/04/2015
Doctor Who... I've attempted to watch it, but it seemed too corny for me to take seriously. I don't really understand why people like it so much.

Regular Show

The Kardashians and pretty much any other reality show like that... I suppose these are worth mentioning too. They are idiotic. I don't give a **** what they are doing in their every day lives. I have my own life to live, why should I worry about theirs. They're just a bunch of rich snots getting paid more money to act like rich snots. I don't know why people like those shows so much, it's gross...

You are amazing.

I'd given up hope that there were girls who hated the Kardashians and they were slowly going to corrupt the world with their airhead comments.

The only reality TV show that was worth the effort was The Osbournes.

The have no airs and graces, and what you see on screen is what they're actually like.

Also if someone could get rid of Total Divas, i'd be eternally grateful.
---
^ You all know it's true
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:41:23 23/04/2015 by Greeble
#83 Posted: 12:47:30 23/04/2015
^Tbh I've been seeing more hate towards it lately than love. But there are still those people out there who have nothing better to do than worry about a "celebrity's" life, even if it's something so stupid as teaching someone how to get over their fear of using a public bathroom (that was an episode of Kardashians that I was pretty much forced to watch).
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#84 Posted: 12:47:34 23/04/2015
Quote: Lunarz

Okay, buckle the **** up. Steven Moffat is atrocious, he is absolutely awful, but Sherlock is a masterpiece, it is one of the highest ranking television series currently on air, it launched movie star careers, it is smart, funny, amazing. Moffat is not the lead writer on Sherlock, the ****o never even visits the set unless there's a problem. Mark Gatiss is one of the head writers and I think he is brilliant. Moffat is a ****o who sits back and adds ludicrous ideas because he thinks things always need to be fast and exciting so then things get confusing, but with Sherlock Gatiss can control him somewhat, sometimes Sherlock gets confusing but only because its Sherlock Holmes and it makes sense for it to.

Steven Moffat literally ruined it for me tho tbh

Quote: Seiki

With Rosalina, I think mostly it's based on her looks. Just ask Sonicbrawler why she's his waifu. I think she looks pretty cool and the way her hair covers the one eye gives her a sense of mystery and beauty to me. I really don't know why her popularity went through the roof like it did, but it likely boils down to her looks.

b-b-but batman D: Harley Quinn is amazing, don't lie.

I really thought the same about LoL until I played it. Somehow the meta makes it interesting. I get it isn't everyone's cup of tea due to the lack of story, but the meta that makes every game different and yet the same provides new challenges. Not quite an obsession, but I do find interest in all of the little mechanics.

I really don't think she's beautiful at all. She looks like a bad Super Mario OC tbh

Harley Wuinn is cool, I'll admit it, but the only things DC made really well are the Green Lantern lore, and the Flash, and save for the Flash TV show, all their stuff has gone down the ****ter since Nu52.

I just can't play it at all. I hate the mechanics, I hate (most) of the characters, but most of all, I really really REALLY hate the community.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#85 Posted: 14:27:38 23/04/2015

For a lot of people it probably is looks, but Brawler is likely going to show up within the next 20 posts and write an essay on why her character is the best and most developed in the Mario franchise

Which frankly, she is.

You are amazing.

I'd given up hope that there were girls who hated the Kardashians and they were slowly going to corrupt the world with their airhead comments.

I'm fairly sure there's far more hate for the Kardashians than there is love. A lot of why they're still popular is because people keep feeding them attention, and a big portion of that attention is purely hate. Sure it's negative attention, but it's still attention and so they remain in the spotlight. It's exactly like Bieber or Miley.

And unfortunately, Total Divas probably isn't going anywhere, since it's been used to give more attention and airtime to the women that star in it, even despite how the best in the division isn't on it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:50 23/04/2015 by CAV
#86 Posted: 14:52:18 23/04/2015
Quote: CAV

For a lot of people it probably is looks, but Brawler is likely going to show up within the next 20 posts and write an essay on why her character is the best and most developed in the Mario franchise

Which frankly, she is.

You are amazing.

I'm fairly sure there's far more hate for the Kardashians than there is love. A lot of why they're still popular is because people keep feeding them attention, and a big portion of that attention is purely hate. Sure it's negative attention, but it's still attention and so they remain in the spotlight. It's exactly like Bieber or Miley.

And unfortunately, Total Divas probably isn't going anywhere, since it's been used to give more attention and airtime to the women that star in it, even despite how the best in the division isn't on it.

You said the B word, :'(
---
^ You all know it's true
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me