Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24
High School vs. Aliens (Private)
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#251 Posted: 01:13:32 23/03/2014
Biology of animals? I've already dissected and experimented with all the beasts that thrive on my home planet. I have no interest in learning about the creatures here. No, the only biology I'm interested in is yours, Ms. Espinoza. One of these days, you will be abducted to my lab, and I will enjoy having the opportunity to experiment on you. Weaknesses of your kind will be the only thing you teach me, as it is all that I need to learn. Syndral still hid her face behind her novel, but watched the teacher closely, glaring at her now.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#252 Posted: 01:19:04 23/03/2014
P3 looked at the expression on the face of Syndral, and she decided Syndral either despised this teacher or she was an alien. Erp, prolly the latter, she thought to herself jokingly. She then thought this again, on a serious note.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#253 Posted: 05:02:37 23/03/2014
//im at a friends house for a sleepover so I won't be posting tonight. //
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#254 Posted: 16:32:45 23/03/2014
Seytrius looked at the book he was reading as Mrs. Lansford walked to his desk. "What do you think you're doing?" She asked slamming a ruler on his desk. "I finished the story you told us to read and now I'm reading my own." Shocked, the teacher walked away.
---
#hu
#255 Posted: 18:12:46 23/03/2014
Zurgon thought about his offer for a moment, he knew he was smarter than the rest of the class, but he wasn't sure if he wanted the challenge, but his mission was to explore everything he could, so...

"Well, actually I live alone, I moved out once I turned 18....I suppose if you think that it's best, I could take an advanced course."
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#256 Posted: 18:28:28 23/03/2014
Ms. Espinoza ran her hand across the yardstick while she sat at her desk, legs crossed. "Well, there isn't really anything that needs to be done by you today, so I'll let you all get to know each other better," she said, allowing the students to sit and talk where they wished. "But please talk quietly; some of the teachers aren't as nice as me, so the other rooms are still working," she added with snark.
The class, gratefully, shuffled around and began chatting. Some even thanked the teacher, and she nodded and smiled in acknowledgement.
#257 Posted: 19:29:41 23/03/2014
P3 walked up to the closest person with blonde hair, no glasses, and a varsity jacket, and she started to talk to them. The guy was REALLY shallow.
---
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#258 Posted: 20:26:12 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Mr. White nodded. He idly wondered where the boy’s parents were, and why Shane had moved out at what Elim considered to be a young age. But, he reminded himself, humans had far different customs than that of his own people’s. It still seemed strange to him, however. As he looked around the room, he wouldn’t deem any of them ready to face the world on their own. Then again, there were some human adults that didn’t seem ready to face the world. He supposed it was a matter of human upbringing, rather than that of age. In his mind, most humans weren’t truly mature. Physically mature, perhaps, but not mature in mind. It puzzled him yet fascinated him how some people could seemingly be more mature than other people twice their age. Normally, one would think that experience and wisdom came with age. That did not always appear to be the case among humans.

Ah, but his thoughts had wondered off again. The part of Shane’s answer he was thinking of was not the part to be focusing on. Replaying what the boy had said in his head, he nodded again, saying, “I do think it’s best. I’ll give you another pretest tomorrow; it looks like class is almost over for today. This pretest will cover a broader range of mathematics. Perhaps we’ll be able to see where you come across things that you have not yet learned.”
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
#259 Posted: 20:35:22 23/03/2014
Zurgon simply nodded his head, he didn't dare get excited about it, he despised math with a burning passion despite it's ease, humans were so odd and fascinating at the same time, they were so primitive and plain and that intrigued him it spiked his interest, perhaps in a higher math program he could get even more research done for the Brotherhood, he only hoped his amazing ability at math wouldn't make him stick out, he didn't want his teacher thinking he was an alien.

Zurgon took a look at the clock and noticed class was about to end, so he gathered his things and zipped up his pack, throwing his arms threw the straps. "Thanks, Mr. White, I'll see ya tomorrow." He gestured as the bell rang. He slipped out of the classroom, reminiscing about his planet and it's advanced technological resources, he didn't miss it.

He knew his next destination, Ms. Espinoza's classroom, so he zoomed on down the stairs to the second floor, he saw the female teacher sitting at her desk. "Hello! I'm Shane Blair, nice to meet you, ma'am!" He said, extending his hand for a handshake as he always did when meeting a new acquaintance.
---
#260 Posted: 20:39:15 23/03/2014
Seytrius jumped up at the sound of the bell. "Saved by the bell." He joked as he ran out of the class towards Ms. Espinoza's classroom. I wonder what she'll be like? He asked himself. I hope he's not as boring as Mr. White or Mrs. Lansford. He walked into the room, and upon seeing the teacher thought. Nevermind.
---
#hu
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:50 23/03/2014 by Rickorio
#261 Posted: 20:47:00 23/03/2014
The bell rang, students rushing out of the classroom, yelling and screaming like teenagers do. One of the 3rd period kids rushed right up to Ms. Espinoza and identified himself as Shane Blair.
"Ohmygosh, Hi! Welcome to my class!" she said, immediately taking his hand. "I'm Ms. Espinoza!"

Mort jolted up and quickly made his way out the door, eager to be away from that strange, overly touchy-feely teacher. He hoped to be able to talk to Syndral on the way to his next class.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:33:47 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#262 Posted: 20:49:05 23/03/2014
//Yea, I changed it up, I'm pretty sure I went back and edited it, I decided against the third slot spare, just because I am really eager to see the interaction between Espinoza and Zurgon.//
---
#263 Posted: 20:49:47 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
The math teacher didn't reply, he simply watched as the students filed out of the classroom along with Shane. He graciously accepted the few moments he could be alone with a long sigh. His tongue darted out of his mouth to wet his lips, an instinctive reflex Elim unconsciously performed when he was starting to need one thing: water. He snarled, mentally cursing his weakness. His throat was already starting to get dry, not painfully so but enough to cause discomfort. It had only been a few hours and already he was starting to show signs of his weakness. They were unnoticeable so far, but they wouldn't be forever.

Part of him wanted to get out of the room and perhaps get a drink from the drinking fountain, but he didn't dare. His class would be here soon, and it wouldn't do for the teacher to be missing even for the few moments it would take to get a drink. Elim didn't need students wondering where he was, and while it wasn't incredibly suspicious, he didn't want people wondering about him at all. He sighed, agitated that something so simple could impede his ability to work and function normally. He couldn't allow it to. He couldn't.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#264 Posted: 20:51:40 23/03/2014
P3 rushed out of the classroom and made her way to Mrs. Lansfords classroom. English, it was interesting how so many humans spoke their language improperly.
---
#265 Posted: 20:53:45 23/03/2014
Seytrius walked up to his science teacher, wanting to get on her good side, knowing the weird teachers would tend to be crazy. "Hello, I'm Nathan, Nathan Evans. You must be Ms. Espinoza?" He asked joking, because he had just heard her name.
---
#hu
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:13 23/03/2014 by Rickorio
#266 Posted: 20:56:46 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
When Rachel heard the bell ring, she quickly gathered her things up and headed out of the room. She hadn't gotten in trouble for coming into class a little late. In fact, the teacher had told her that he wasn't going to be strict with things such as tardiness since students were still figuring out there schedules, and some were even still learning the layout of the school. So the reason for her absence hadn't been either of these, but the teacher didn't need to know that.

So now, she was just as happy as always again, squishing herself against the wall in an attempt to avoid being squished by the crowd of students in the hallways. She managed to reach her locker, fiddling with the combination before opening it and exchanging her textbooks for the ones she would need for History. Shutting her locker, Rachel made her way into the History classroom, unaware of what might lay in store for her.
---
#267 Posted: 21:03:08 23/03/2014
Zurgon happily shook her hand, she had a nice firm grip, he could tell she was a kind-hearted person and he hoped he could be her friend, he wasn't exactly sure if teachers and students could be friend, he wanted to be, but wasn't sure if it was the norm in this culture. "I sure hope we can become good friends! I'm very excited to be in your class." He said with a smile, before turning to Nathan and grinning immensely at the boy. "Same goes for you! Nice to meet you!
---
#268 Posted: 21:05:29 23/03/2014
Ms. Espinoza briefly turned her head to Nathan. "Yep, that's me!" she replied, still vigorously shaking Shane's hand. "So how have your other classes been? Not too dull, I hope!"
Seats in the classroom were gradually being filled. In the back, a small group of rambunctious kids was forming.
#269 Posted: 21:08:36 23/03/2014
Zurgon had quickly turned to eye his potential seat, he found it in an instant. "Well, they've been boring, Mr.Normandy just goes on tangents about stuff no one cares about and Mr. White isn't friendly at all, but I like you so far!" With that, he ran over to the desk right in front of the teacher's desk, he wanted to be as close to her as possible, seeing as she was (Ironically) the most normal teacher he'd met so far in his opinion. If he didn't learn anything in this class, at least he would have fun.
---
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5698
#270 Posted: 21:09:50 23/03/2014
Ryo was still in Mr. White's classroom, blankly staring at the wall, not knowing that classes switched.

((Can I change up hus character a bit? I want him to be bipolar if it's ok))
#271 Posted: 21:15:47 23/03/2014
Seytrius laughed, swing his head back and forth. "Nope, both were really boring." He said as he walked toward a seat and choosing one in the middle of the room, so he could hear her, but not be near her.
---
#hu
#272 Posted: 21:17:15 23/03/2014
"Oh, Mr. Normandy's always like that. He tries to be interesting, but he just can't get to you kids with the things he likes," Ms. Espinoza replied. She dropped her yardstick somewhere and had her elbows on her desk, well into the conversation. "As for Mr. White, he's new. I was going to get to know him during lunch."
#273 Posted: 21:24:51 23/03/2014
Seytrius nodded. "New people are always SO boring." He said from his desk, having heard what she had said, hoping his guess about humans was correct.
---
#hu
#274 Posted: 21:25:15 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Mr. White raised his eyes from his desk to see that Ryo was still sitting in his class, even as new students were coming in. Sighing softly, being a bit more irritated now that he was in the early stages of the slow process of becoming dehydrated, he raised his voice enough so that he could be heard and said, "Mr. Tenshi, class was dismissed. You are late for your third subject class."
---
#275 Posted: 21:27:35 23/03/2014
He suddenly shook his head and growled slightly. He said nothing as he darted out of the classroom, talking to himself.
#276 Posted: 21:28:52 23/03/2014
Ooc: are you gonna take control of Mrs. Lansford?

P3 sat down in Mrs. Lansford's room, and she began to read until the rest of the students got here. Bored bored bored bored bored bored ooh, Katniss just killed Cato! Idiot deserved it.
---
#277 Posted: 21:32:25 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
At this, Mr. White actually did raise an eyebrow, which was saying something, considering he rarely mimicked any human expression. Granted, he didn't know everything about human behavior, but he did find Mr. Tenshi's sudden display of.. was it aggression?.. to be a bit strange. Elim considered following him, but, seeing his classroom full of students, decided against it. He didn't dare leave such a large population of human adolescents unattended.

((OOC: I wasn't planning to, but if you don't have anyone to interact with, I can. :3))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:05 23/03/2014 by Wylrin
#278 Posted: 21:35:34 23/03/2014
((It'd be good anyway for some,one to control her.))
---
#hu
#279 Posted: 21:36:39 23/03/2014
Zurgon watched as more students filled the room until it was full, he hoped that the curriculum in this class was more interesting than the last two, he hadn't exactly been challenged by the math and english was just reading which he didn't enjoy much of anyways, he did like what earthlings called 'video-games' his race had a similar kind of creation, but it was more of a holodeck sort of thing. Zurgon sat with a bright expression on his face, excited for his class to start, he had a good feeling about this one.

/Have we established what day of the week it is? Can I assume that it's a Monday? So we have Gym next?//
---
#280 Posted: 21:37:00 23/03/2014
((What is the current subject?))

Ryo ran to his class and sat down suddenly, breathing heavy from the sprint he just took.
#281 Posted: 21:39:00 23/03/2014
((Everyone has their own schedule, pick one.))
---
#hu
#282 Posted: 21:39:49 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Yeah, it's Monday, so it's gym. And Ryo's next class depends on his own schedule. :3 We've all been customizing our characters' schedules to hopefully make it to where everyone at least has one other person to interact with in each class. Ryo could go to Reading with P3, so she isn't alone there. :3 I'll still roleplay as the teacher, though.))
---
#283 Posted: 21:42:29 23/03/2014
//I can be a teacher if anyone needs me to be, I'll be the drama teacher. Considering I'm going to school to be an actor IRL, I can probably provide some relevance in that class.//
---
#284 Posted: 21:44:09 23/03/2014
((I can go in reading with her. But I have a suggestion : to assign the play The Crucible as a class read. It would fit in the situation.))

Ryo looked at the teacher and smiled.
"Sorry for the delay, " he said sincerely, getting settled at his desk.
#285 Posted: 21:47:41 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Sure, you can be the drama teacher! If you want, that is. I don't want anyone to be obligated to make another character for any reason.))

Mrs. Lansford, the Reading teacher, sat at her desk as the last of the students filed into her classroom. As a mother, Mrs. Lansford was a kind and understanding lady, though as any mother, she was also quite capable of laying down the law. She had a neutral expression on her face, one that could easily break out into a smile or a frown in the blink of an eye. Her papers were piled neatly in front of her, as Mrs. Lansford appreciated an orderly setting. She waited patiently at her desk, waiting to make sure everyone had arrived before she began.

When she saw Ryo come in, she simply nodded with a smile. "That's alright," she told him. "Just take a seat and we can begin class."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:53 23/03/2014 by Wylrin
#286 Posted: 21:50:43 23/03/2014
((I have trouble controlling more than one character...I just meant as a reading assignment)

Ryo nodded as he took out his notebook and he started to listen to the teacher speak.
#287 Posted: 21:51:55 23/03/2014
//I'm not sure what that play is, never heard of it, I don't have a reading class in my high school, we have reading is learning but that doesn't really count, I'd assume they'd read stuff such as Shakespeare and such, but then again, I'm an idiot when it comes to books.//

HUMAN:

Name: Mr. Jake Spearener
Grade: Drama
Personality: Jake is a drama nut, he believes that acting is a skill that everyone should have and he believes that the people who choose to take his class are amazing. He is very outspoken, most usually saying what is on his mind, he is a fan of both stage plays and musicals, he can be a bit eccentric at times but he means well, he often tries to connect with his students and be cool, but a lot of the time fails at that, he doesn't tolerate laziness in his course however, if he can tell someone is jus tin there for the credit he will kick them out.
Appearance: Jake has a long gray scarf with black square like patterns on it that is wrapped around his neck, he wears black leather boots and has rounded glasses, his hair grows outward in a spike formation, he has brown hair and brown eyes, he wears a black shirt with white sleeves and a vest that is olive colored with white squares and diamonds all over it.
---
#288 Posted: 21:55:30 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: I was talking to Lunarz when I said that. :3 And The Crucible? I've never heard of it; what's it about? :3 And if this was like, 4th grade instead of 12th grade, I'd have the class read My Teacher's An Alien. smilie And your character is accepted. :3))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:43 23/03/2014 by Wylrin
#289 Posted: 21:59:46 23/03/2014
((The Crucible is a play based off the Salem Witch Trails by Arthur Miller. I suggest you look it up. It is 12th grader level))
#290 Posted: 22:08:49 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: I'll have to check it out. :3 Though now I have an evil idea of my own. smilie))

A gentle smile ghosting her features, Mrs. Lansford began, "Welcome to Reading, everyone! My name is Mrs. Lansford. A lot of you already know me, but for those of you who don't, I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I've been a teacher here for seven years, though I've lived in this town all my life. I'm a mother of two, and also the 'mother' of a kitten my daughter found near the park. And..." She trailed off, as if thinking, then finished abruptly, "And my favorite color is blue."
---
#291 Posted: 22:10:24 23/03/2014
Ryo listened and mentally checked off each thing he had similar with the teacher as she trailed off.
#292 Posted: 22:10:42 23/03/2014
At the sound of the bell, Syndral got up from her seat and quietly headed out of science class. She knew her next destination, and was already prepared for it, history. All she had to do now was get there. So all while reading her novel, she weaved her way through the hallway, dodging students as she walked. She walked fast and kept her eyes glued to her book to avoid having to talk to anyone. Syndral still pretty much hated the idea of social interaction.

She finally made it to history class, and right on time, too. Just as Syndral was walking through the door, however, some kid shoved her aside as he rushed into the room. Blindsided by the hit, Syndral went flying face first onto the floor. Her book had been dropped, and was currently getting trampled as students entered the class. No one seemed to pay any attention to the girl that had been knocked down.

Syndral grumbled to herself as she sat up, glaring menacingly at the boy that shoved her. She only wished she had her laser gun so she could teach that guy a lesson. However, she didn't, and even if she did, it would be a dead giveaway that she wasn't normal. Humans were so primitive and barbaric. Syndral was hating this planet more and more. Why, she hadn't found a single reason to like it, and she doubted she would.
---
#293 Posted: 22:13:25 23/03/2014
P3 looked at the neutral expression on the teachers face. Break the ice, break the ice, "So, Mrs. Lansford. Read any good books lately? I've been comparing Percy Jackson and Peeta Mellark. They both seem like the hero type they typically use for the main male. Then there's always the cruel ones. But they're less common."
---
#294 Posted: 22:21:44 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel was sitting quietly at her desk, getting her things together and organized for class. Since it was the first day, they weren't really doing much of anything, but she still liked to be prepared and keep her things tidy. She was staring in the direction of the front of the classroom, at nothing in particular, when she heard a shuffling and an impact against the ground. Her mind hadn't completely registered what the sound was, but when she whipped around to see what had caused it, she identified it immediately.

The noise had been caused by someone falling to the ground. Rachel winced a bit, sympathizing with the poor girl pulling herself up off the floor. She herself had been in a similar situation in the hallway. The only difference had been that she hadn't fallen, rather, she'd lost hold of the countless textbooks and folders she'd been carrying. They'd scattered all over the floor, the surrounding students in the large herd that shifted this way and that, each of its members trying to get to a different location. She'd been forced to try to gather her things in the chaos, students often stepping on or tripping over her things. She also remembered how she had to be careful not to get her fingers stepped on as she reached for her belongings on the floor.

It amazed her, yet didn't surprise her at the same time, how indifferently the other students reacted. Some would turn their heads at the disruption, others still wouldn't notice at all.

A small, worried frown on her face, Rachel asked the girl, "Are you alright?" from where she sat.
---
#295 Posted: 22:23:35 23/03/2014
Ooc: sorry, I started that before you all finished your posts.
---
#296 Posted: 22:26:29 23/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: That's alright. :3))

Turning to Allison, somewhat surprised that a new student had chosen to speak up willingly (these teenagers seemed to be so closed off these days), Mrs. Lansford tapped her chin in thought. "Well, the most recent book I've read was A Study in Scarlet, but that's an older novel. Older than me, which, to you kids, is probably ancient," she laughed softly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:06 23/03/2014 by Wylrin
#297 Posted: 22:32:26 23/03/2014
"God no. You can't be older than 40. And besides, I've read a few older books. Moby Dick, Teeth of the Tiger, and The Odyssey when it came out in the book form are just a few. Although honestly I haven't read A Study In Scarlet."
---
#298 Posted: 22:33:29 23/03/2014
Ryo heard a laugh as he payed attention. The grip on his pen tightened and he was about to snap back at the laugh, but he decided not to.
#299 Posted: 22:33:43 23/03/2014
Syndral looked up, hearing a voice. She noticed Rachel and the worried expression. This puzzled her. So far, the humans showed little to no sign of such concern for others. Even her own kind was rarely shown to express much sympathy of others, but then again, her kind rarely expressed emotion period. Syndral cleared her throat, quickly grabbed her book before it or her could get trampled any further, and jumped to her feet with a quick recovery. Her species were known to be resilient because of their tough scales, and this was by far no exception. Of course, her pride had been wounded, and she wanted revenge, but she was fine nonetheless.

"I'm fine." She growled through gritted teeth. Syndral gave a quick glare to the boy that knocked her down as she headed towards a desk. The room was filling up quickly, and all the back corner spots that Syndral liked were taken. So she sighed as she chose the desk next to Rachel.

Syndral grumbled bitterly under her breath as she dusted off her novel, wiping footprint marks off of it and trying to straighten it back into it's original form, instead of the flattened mess it had become.
---
#300 Posted: 22:35:57 23/03/2014
//Sherlock Holmes, eh? Very nice, Sherlock is my favorite show next to Doctor Who, I haven't read any, but I've been meaning to, I'd like to read The Reichenbach Falls//

Zurgon had noticed that Seytrius was in the class, he was unaware of his alien heritage at the time, but he looked friendly enough, however in this class, Zurgon decided to just listen to the teacher and not try and make friends around him. Perhaps this class will be worth the other two being so incredibly boring...
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me