Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 23 of 24 | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
High School vs. Aliens (Private)
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1101 Posted: 22:14:36 19/01/2018
Adversely to Zurgon and his merged alias Shane; Rexar, or as his inconspicuous alter ego was known: Rex, was coldly calculating inside his mind what to do next to better help the mission, and thanks to Mort and his hatred for Rexar, and Rexar's love of pissing off Mort, and for the interest of the mission aswell, he had formulated a self-proclaimed brilliant plan: Seduce the teacher. Information was not earned easily, and although the idea of doing anything mildly Not Safe For Work with a human repulsed him, he knew that if he played a tease to Ms. E that he could find out some important information, weaknesses, secrets, anything really that could provide an "In" to the humans psyche.

Glaring out the top corner of his eye at the basic dollar store hanging wall clock Rexar saw that he had a few minutes before everyone arrived in class, so he decided to take that time to further 'acquaint' himself with the teacher...Which was sort of ironic in a way, that this teacher really would be a teacher of sorts for Rexar to find out more about Humans and their pathetic disgusting ways. Rexar slid his hands half way into his pockets, his thumbs sticking out as he tried to maintain a cool composure and impress Ms. Espinoza. The gargantuan dinosaur-ish creature incognito smoothly and without even making a noise with his giant feet walked over to the woman and spoke in a slightly low Kansas accent. "Bridgette, right? Sorry we didn't really have much time to actually talk earlier, from watching your interactions it seems the kids really like you though...To be completely honest with you I'm sort of nervous, I've never helped out at a High School before, it's always been Elementary or Junior High, and I'm just wondering if you have any tips because you are so excellent at this."
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:53:40 27/01/2018 by Lunarz
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1102 Posted: 03:48:46 23/01/2018
The time between the bell ringing and Mr. Winchester's questions had been spent reorganizing her desk to accommodate the materials needed for the next class. Leaning over her attendance book, Ms. Espinoza turned her head to the teacher's aide, her hair falling over the opposite shoulder. "That's right," she said in confirmation of the name. She listened as he spoke, smiling at the assessment of the students' opinion of her. The last compliment made her laugh, and she stood upright and turned to face him. "Oh, it's really not as hard as it looks. All you have to do is give them elbow room and let them have some control." She waved her hand in a circular motion as she thought. "Things like how they write notes, what format they write homework in-- just let them be themselves about it. I've found that rigid rules tend to make them feel stifled. They're teenagers, after all," she chuckled.

Her voice lowering and obtaining a subtly sharper edge, she added, hands on her hips, "But the thing you need to know about these kids is that some of them want all the power. They'll try to scare you into letting up about work, and the moment you see that, you need to stand your ground. Don't let them have another inch on you, or else they'll think they can own the place."

She smiled, continuing in her typical cheery manor, "In summary, give them just enough space to let them feel independent. But too much they'll take advantage of."
#1103 Posted: 01:03:49 27/01/2018
Name: Lorelei Lancer
Grade: 12
Personality: At first meeting Lorelei one would think she's ditzy and unintelligent, however while portraying herself as such, she is actually incredibly intelligent. She'll often giggle and teehee in most scenarios, playing dumb; she's sweet and lets her fake dumbness slip away when she trusts someone. She can actually be conniving when need be, and is an excellent interrogator. She protects anyone she truly cares about and gets along with most people. Prone to outbursts if annoyed, tantrums, slightly angry and neurotic.
Appearance: She mainly wears dresses, mainly a blue slightly frilled casual dress a la Alice in Wonderland. She wears a black ribbon around her waist that's tied like a bow. She has long blonde hair with pink streaks, long eyelashes and semi thick eyebrows. Her eyes are blue, she has a small nose and slight pink rosy cheeks. She wears black shoes and sometimes wears funky colored socks. She stands at 5'5 feet.
Other: (Original concept by Lunarz)
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1104 Posted: 20:12:25 27/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Accepted. :3
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
#1105 Posted: 22:09:40 27/01/2018
Zurgon roamed the halls, worried he'd be late. He'd already given up at opening his locker which he had developed a personal vendetta against, he couldn't understand it; he spun the dumb thing around like ten times and it didn't open, he thought he'd have to talk to the principal about this to get the situation remedied with his clearly faulty lock.

As he approached the room he saw two adults speaking, one was his wacky science teacher, Ms. Espinoza, and the other was...Well, he had absolutely no idea who it had been but he looked scary. It was like his shirt was going to explode with all the muscles he had, Zurgon actually was surprised, he had no idea that a shoulder could be that...Horrifying. Oh god, what if he's from the government, he is wearing a tie...Oh God, look at him, his chest has a chest, he could snap me in half like I was a twig...I wonder if he'd dress me up in a twig costume and do that, oh that would be horrible, what a way to go! Snapped in have by a tie wearing man while in a suit of bark...Would the suit be bark? It would itch...I bet- His trained of thought ended when the large man turned and noticed him. "Oh, uh, hi I'm....." Going to die. He thought to himself. "Shane." He'd had to paused, he'd actually forgotten his human name and almost blurted out his own. His shirt was drenched in sweat and he didn't want to cool down his body temperature to get rid of it in fear of being noticed doing such.

-----

The large man offered a smile and a hearty laugh. "Ahahaha, You needn't be afraid." He spoke with such friendliness that Zurgon almost perked up immediately. "I'm Rex Winchester, I'm the teacher's aide, meaning if you need help...Well, I'm the help!" He let out another chuckle. "Your teacher and I were just having a friendly conversation, please, don't let us get in your way."

-----

Zurgon shot a beaming smile and nodded before taking a seat at his desk in the front
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:14 28/01/2018 by Lunarz
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#1106 Posted: 06:04:17 28/01/2018
Dax was standing in front of the vending machines, anxiously peering into the glass at the many bags of chips. He was eyeing one in particular, one that happened to be moving closer to the glass at that very moment. It appeared as if it was just about to fall down to the bottom, when it stopped and instead leaned up against the glass.

The boy groaned and banged a fist against the glass. "Aw, come on! I need crunchy, salty goodness!" Dax continued to bang against the glass and shake the machine until the bag managed to fall. "Yes!" With a laugh, he reached down to claim it. "Snacks for Dax at last." He opened the bag and immediately munched on one of the chips.

A thought occured to the boy that he should be on his way somewhere. "Oh, yeah, it's like time for third period now or something. Wait, it is third, right? Let's see, stick-in-the-mud, Boremandy, yeah, it's third period. Who do I even have now?" He reached into his jacket pocket to find his schedule and quickly pulled it out. "Oh, Ms. E! Okay, cool. Great. Maybe I can finally get that nap, and maybe Rachel won't be there to ruin it this time." With that question answered, the boy headed off down the hallway, eating chips as he walked.

It wasn't long before he made it to the room. He strolled in with a grin. "Yo, Ms. E, what's up? I bet your day's gotten better since your favorite student just arrived," he chuckled. It didn't matter to him whether or not it was actually true, he just liked to tease the possibility, especially since it was likely not at all true. He was fully aware that he likely wasn't many teachers favorite.

Dax took a moment to glance at the clock to see how many minutes he was late by, and nearly dropped his chips in the process. "I'm... On time? I'm actually on time?" He muttered. "Quick, check my temperature, I think I might be sick. Maybe I should go to the nurse, I really don't feel well. I knew something felt off the moment I walked in." He turned back towards her, but instead focused his gaze on Rex Winchester. "Oh, wow, I really am sick. Ms. E, you must have been really working out and drinking lots of milk since I last saw you. You're so buff now."
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:24:33 14/04/2018 by Cynder09
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1107 Posted: 08:04:30 28/01/2018
OOC: That works for me. So what do we want to do, Wylrin? Yours and my character, were with Cipher.
#1108 Posted: 23:39:10 28/01/2018
"Good morning, Shane!" Ms. Espinoza chimed, and would have immediately doused into the small talk with her new student if he and Mr. Winchester hadn't have began their exchange. She smiled, pleased that Shane's initial fear melted away into joy. This man-- Rex-- seemed to be a good fit for the job so far. He was approachable and charming, despite the intimidating appearance... or perhaps even because? He had the build of a guardsman, that was for sure; anyone would feel safer around a man who could protect them, especially since his willingness to help was worn on his sleeve.

Just after that thought, the teacher saw a familiar face with a scruffy mat of hair walk into the classroom. She chuckled at his proclamation. "Oh, it's certainly gotten brighter! Funny to think you could light up the room when you walk about like it's already nighttime-- did you stop staying up late, like I told you last year?"

When Jax realized he had actually arrived on time, as if all the planets had aligned to create such a miracle, Ms. E cawed in her harsh laugh. "I guess that answers my question!" A wide grin on her face, she played along and waved her hand in front of him. "Hello, Earth to Jax, over here! This is Mr. Winchester, your new teacher's aide. He's here to help you with anything you need, while I kick back and lounge with my latte at the desk," she joked.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:42 28/01/2018 by Waaksian
#1109 Posted: 10:45:59 29/01/2018
When the teacher waved her hand in front of him, Dax blinked and focused on her. "Oh, hey, there you are, just as I remembered you! For a second there, I thought you took up a second job as like a wrestler or something. I mean, I know teacher pay sucks, but is wrestling really good for a reliable paycheck?" He gave an amused grin before munching on a chip.

The boy then turned to the teacher's aide and started talking with his mouth full. "But can you honestly blame me for confusing you two? I mean, you look so alike, you're practically identical! Are you sure you're not twins?" The grin on his face implied he didn't believe a word of that. He swallowed the food he was chewing on. "So Winchester, huh? Sounds fancy." He immediately donned an English accent that wasn't even half bad. "Jolly good day to you, sir. Top of the morning to you. Pip pip cheerio and all that rubbish. I'll have my tea and crumpets now, thank you." He snickered once he was finished and ate another chip.

Dax turned back to Ms. Espinoza. "But aw, no fair! You get lattes? All we get is water and whatever's in the cartons in the lunchroom. You brought one for me, too, right? I need a latte to lounge with, too. We can totally go on break together and poke fun at all the losers who still have to work." He gave a slightly mischievous grin and tossed another chip into his mouth.

He chewed and swallowed before continuing. "And don't think I missed that earlier comment just because I was sick. Just think of me as the nightlight that keeps all the bad stuff away so you can have a soothing night's sleep. So of course that means I have to stay up all night. I have a very important job, after all, so I can't afford to sleep when everyone else does."

Dax dumped the remaining chips into his mouth and crumpled up the bag. He casually tossed the bag behind him with a smug grin, as if expecting to land it in the trash can with perfect accuracy. "Two points!" He declared, confidently. He turned to check his results and saw... That he had missed completely. "Okay, more like zero points then," he chuckled with a shrug. Dax then hurried over to retrieve the bag and gently tossed it into the trash can.

Wiping his hands on his pants, he turned back to his teachers. He walked over to one of the front desks and promptly sat on top of the desk itself, facing the teachers. "So what's the agenda for today? Napping? Lunch? Firing a rocket to the moon? Blowing up a textbook? Oh, I know! We're going on a field trip to see Bigfoot, am I right?"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:27:17 14/04/2018 by Cynder09
#1110 Posted: 20:36:39 29/01/2018
Rex smiled at the boy who had entered the room, already having to force one. Rexar had been on a lot of missions but never had he met someone so despise-able at first contact, even Mort who he hoped would trip down a flight of stairs and land on a floor of spikes only to be crushed to death by a falling anvil didn't annoy him like this when they first met, hatred was usually much more gradual...But this gave Rexar ideas, a boy goes missing that nobody likes...Who would care? And of course he'd staged his fair share of kidnappings so it would be with relative ease that he would be able to do so.

"Ah, you're Jax, I think I'll call you Jacky" He turned his head to look at Ms. E, "Isn't that cute? Little Jacky? I know, I know that it's more of a girls' name, but I think it suits you well. Just like a nickname, like how people named Richard are sometimes called Dick.

This was his new plaything; this was his new Morph when Morph wasn't around to get his head squeezed by Rexar's four large muscular arms of impending death. "Ooh..." He said worriedly when he ate the chips. "Bridgette, haven't you heard that they recalled those chips? I heard that a lot of kids about Jax's age were getting cancer from them. Jax, please be careful. Wouldn't want you dying on us....After all! Then you would miss the lovely Ms. Espinoza's tangents! And I don't think you'd want to miss those." He smiled brightly and condescendingly, knowing the boy might have some sort of retort, but hoping his words at least picked at the back of his brain somewhat.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:47 29/01/2018 by Lunarz
#1111 Posted: 02:02:17 30/01/2018
"Jacky?" The boy asked with a raised eyebrow. He beamed. "Wow! No one's ever given me such a unique nickname before! Aw, we're best buds already. Hey, can I call you Winnie? Huh? Can I? I mean, we're pals, aren't we? I gotta give you a nickname as good as the one you gave me." He grinned with a certain child-like innocence, as if the offensive implications were completely lost on him.

"Recalled?" Dax blinked. "Cancer?!" He gasped. At that moment, he started groaning and holding his stomach. "Ugh... Ms. E, I don't feel so well...Call the... Nurse..." He acted as if he was about to barf. Jax then collapsed onto the floor. He stared up at the ceiling and reached out a hand. "The light... I see the light... Remember me..." He closed his eyes and dropped his hand.

The boy stayed like that for a moment and then opened one eye. "Anybody fooled yet?" He whispered, as if trying to still pass off as being dead. Dax chuckled. He jumped to his feet with a sort of bounce to his step. With a grin, he placed his hands on the back of his head and looked to the teacher's aide. "Well, that was fun. I like you. You're cool." He glanced to the science teacher. "I think we got a winner here, Ms. E. Sign him up for the crazy train, 'cause he's one of us!" He chuckled. It always pleased him when someone played along with his games.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:28:25 14/04/2018 by Cynder09
#1112 Posted: 04:44:41 01/02/2018
Incognito as Rex, the large muscular alien who was now the large muscular human smiled a half smile of contempt, disgust for the the human. If all humans were like this Rexar may have just aborted the mission entirely and blown the planet to smithereens on his own. His smile then became more genuine as he daydreamed about the destruction he could cause to the people of Earth. He could create a war, it would be glorious. He'd then snapped out of the daydream when Jax spoke for like the millionth time in a minute.
"Yes. I am cool. I'm sure you'll find out more about me soon enough, and I really look forward to 'getting to know' you." At the inner implication of dissection, Rex gave a rather proud stance, although that was cut short by his realization that class was about to start and he'd need to endure another hour or so of the same drivel. Thankfully he didn't have this class the entire day. Rex's job was to go to whichever class needed or wanted the help. He had checked his schedule earlier and noticed that he eventually had Mrs. Moore, actually, fourth period was next so he would have her then, and...Ah, that meant...Perfect, he could torture Morph some more. He was reeeeally looking forward to it, nearly blinded by the idea.

-----

Shane watched on, confused at the back and forth that just had gone on with the two, he'd hoped someone less obnoxious than Jax would sit next to him today, but he probably wasn't that lucky. He would have to endure this class until lunch until he was able to see his 'friends', although it wasn't all that bad, he didn't hate the class, he just didn't really understand it all. With Math is was a breeze, but with Science it was like tossing a pizza up in the air and five nickels aswell and then guessing how many nickels would be tails that landed on the pizza. He only hoped that somebody would sit next to him, nobody ever did it seemed, it was always him doing so.
---
#1113 Posted: 19:48:05 01/02/2018
While the extraterrestrial-in-disguise regarded Jax's actions with disgust, Ms. Espinoza was on the verge of breaking down laughing. His open contempt was, too, completely lost on her, and with glee she thought the two were already hitting it off.

"'Winnie'? Ha ha! That's great! Sorry Jax, I might have to take that one from you, that's just too good! I hope you don't mind, Rex," she teased, patting the teacher's aide's back once. When Jax melodramatically collapsed on the ground, Ms. E gave an exaggerated gasp, covering her mouth. "Oh no! My classroom really is becoming a morgue!" The meaning would have been lost on everyone in that room, as the previous audience to Mort's earlier remark were long gone, but that didn't stop her from making the reference for her own amusement.

"Oh, he's absolutely one of us, now," he nodded her head, beaming at Mr. Winchester. She was clearly pleased with their brief exchange. "And as for today's prerogative, we're starting the first lesson. Sorry Jax, but that means no napping this time," she instructed with a hint of sternness, but still with her playful demeanor. "You seem pretty chipper today, so that shouldn't be a problem for you." She sat down at her chair, crossing her legs and resting her yardstick on her shoulder. "I can't take you up on that latte offer just yet, but I'll see if I can pop in at your table at lunch. I want to know how your summer was; if it didn't entirely consist of sleeping, that is," she flashed him a cheeky grin.

Glancing briefly at the clock and seeing that class was around a minute away from beginning, she waved Jax away in a single hand movement. "Now shoo, off my desk, sweetie. You have your own." As curtly as she said it, it was clear it was still part of the game, as that booming smile never left her face.
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#1114 Posted: 12:50:01 03/02/2018
((I'm sorry, I meant to post here a long time ago, but I kept making excuses to myself, and then when I finally stopped making excuses, I came back here intimidated to see so many things had been posted while I was gone and was worried that I would never be able to properly interject without seeming like I was either out of context or the victim of spontaneous time travel. So, I'm just gonna respond like I didn't miss the entire existence of this RP and maybe I'll catch up.))

Ardunayne was more than familiar with the very blunt, simple responses Elim was giving her to her questions. It was almost as if he were hoping that if he didn't give her enough to work with, she would lose interest and leave. She had to admit, that was a valid strategy that likely would have left many people scratching their heads in a desperate attempt to try and figure out how they were intended to make conversation with someone who clearly wasn't particularly interested. Well, firstly, most people wouldn't be taken to purposely seeking someone out who wasn't particularly interested in conversation, but Ardunayne never liked to count herself among the basic personalities of the crowds, especially away from her home planet too. She couldn't help but smile for a fleeting moment at his responses, acknowledging her, answering her, but refusing to add anything that was not necessary to the conversation. It wasn't as though she needed too much to stick around, and with a mere few words, she could weave together a thousand lavish statements. She simply had to consider how she wanted to approach this, and how she was planning to keep this encounter moving just a little bit longer.

Actually, if Ardunayne hadn't had classes to go to, she would have kept this up the entire day, following in his shadow like a cheerful little puppy, chatting him up for hours on end, enjoying the company of an agent she had not seen in such a long time.

"Oh, darling, that's wonderful to hear," Ardunayne hummed, waving her hand a little as she spoke. "I certainly wouldn't want the people here to make things too difficult on you. After all, that's sort of my job, and I never did like when people took my job away from me." Her eyes flashed with excitement as she continued to speak. "No matter what side of the spectrum you're on, the things we have to deal with here are simply unpleasant. However, I'm sure you're at least happy that you can stick to one place most of the day, minimize how often you have to shuffle through the crowds, avoid the people. Besides, hun, you can tell me a thousand times that you aren't the sort to partake in hobbies for fun, but it doesn't take too much effort to see that somewhere, in some bizarre way, you're enjoying tormenting these people, curiously using this strange power you've been given to make their lives just a tad more miserable. I'd tell you not to go overboard, but then I'd be discouraging your fun, and I don't ever want to do that."

She certainly could do without the giant tests from nowhere, though. She wouldn't say that out loud, mostly because she was trying to find a weak spot in his rock hard shell, a subtle part that indicated amusement at something - anything. If she could really tag him down with this, who would she be to undermine her own goals? That would hardly be sporting.

~~~

Ferdinand felt a sort of gentle warmth within, memories of the past colliding with current events. As he trailed behind the duo, he couldn't help but smile a little, to be able to relive something he had enjoyed so long ago with a new companion. Even if he no longer possessed any skill at the game, it could still be interesting to experience the game with another. Some people were naturally adept learners, and he found himself eager to see how Corbin would take to the game, given he obviously had no experience with it before. Despite how deeply he was entailed in his own past memories, Ferdinand still clearly noted when Corbin glanced back at him for a few fleeting moments, likely a confirmation that he was still present. His non-verbal response was very curt, a mere nod of the head in the direction of the nurse to confirm that he was still with the group. He increased his pace a little, hastening himself to the side of his new companion.

"It will be interesting to see how we each perform," stated Ferdinand, much preferring to keep a conversation going than to travel in painful silence. "I have not played such a game in ages, and I wasn't the best at sports." He couldn't help but chuckle a little in amusement as he clearly admitted his mediocre sports skills. Skills weren't too important to him, but it didn't mean he didn't enjoy observing those skilled in such a hobby.

His smile widened a little as he added, "Nowadays, I watch other people play sports more than I partake myself."

~~~

Cryktin had come to find the noise of the hallways a little imposing, a hundred voices - at least that's what it sounded like - echoing in his ear. He tried to distract himself as he kept his pace slower, thought about where he was going rather than the world around him. He had known when he accepted this mission that it would be loud, and that there would be a lot of people. He hoped that he'd slowly be able to convince himself to talk to more and more people, to befriend them. As he continued down the hall, he fondly remembered his short, likely awkward, but still pleasant interaction with Rachel. It may not have been too much of a conversation, but it was a monumental leap for him. Even the smallest degree of friendly casualties could light up his heart. Every time someone was nice to him, it made him happy within, and Rachel was just one small spark in what was a lantern of personalities to show the friendly nature many humans obviously held. In his mind, one more bit of proof that despite what anyone might have said, they were a kind species somewhere deep within.

He came to an abrupt halt at a doorway, hand gripping firmly on to the wood that outlined the shape of the door frame. He felt that awkward sensation return to his mind, that little spark of worry that he had felt last time he entered a room. He had gotten the right room the first time, but he was in a constant paranoid state that he would eventually walk into the wrong room, that his mind would have gotten a bit too distracted and navigated incorrectly. The school was still new to him, and though in time it would be a second part of his mind, for now, it was still a bit shifty. He hovered nervously in the doorway for a while, the constant paranoia that he somehow screwed up his own navigation eating away at him. It wasn't as though he could check for a written indication of the room.

((Sorry if these are.... bad.... I just got up and I kinda told myself to stop procrastinating and post something already. I'm horrible for making everyone wait this long and coming back with excuses. I'm sorry.))
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#1115 Posted: 04:27:13 05/02/2018
"Well, don't get too excited there, Winnie, you might regret getting to know me," Dax chuckled. "But I'm sure Ms. E could tell you all about me, mostly good things, I hope."

He turned to the science teacher with a grin and gave a quick bow. "Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week." He chuckled. "But, sure, you can have that nickname for the low, low payment of $19.99 a month, plus shipping and handling. We do accept payment plans, but cash is preferred."

At the reference to an earlier joke, Dax raised an eyebrow. "Huh? Did I miss something? Was that a reference to a joke that I missed? Ms. E!" He gasped, wiggling a finger at her. "For shame! You know you have to tell me about all jokes made in my absence."

He eagerly nodded. Dax was sure that this Mr. Winchester would fit right in with them. In response to today's activity, Dax's grin faded slightly with a sigh. Seems like he wasn't going to get any morning naps this year. That was just his luck. "Well, hey, as long as there's jokes to be made, I can be the life of the party." His grin was back in a flash. "A lunch date it is then. I'll be looking for you." He gave a wink. He returned the cheeky grin with one of his own. "Hey, what am I, a cat? There's more to me than naps." He chuckled a bit.

"Aw, but your's is so much nicer," he pouted. He shrugged it off with a smile. "Alright, fine. I'll be a good boy today. Better enjoy it while it lasts, Ms. E, you never know what my mood might be like tomorrow." With a mischievous grin, he left her with that playful little warning. Dax headed off to his desk and plopped down in the seat. With his hands behind his head, he leaned back and immediately put his feet up onto his desk.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:29:41 14/04/2018 by Cynder09
#1116 Posted: 17:42:10 07/02/2018
OOC: You're alright, Cipher. It can be difficult trying to get back into it, after a long time of no activity. I thought your post was great.

"Oh," Ms. E whined with sad eyes, pouting her bottom lip, "Surely you'll offer a discount for your favorite teacher, right?"

She gave a harsh caw of laughter. "Oh, don't worry, Jax! I'll tell you all about my last classroom at lunch. Those kids would have you in stitches!"

"Same here, Jax. I'm not always a fun teacher, you know," she wagged her finger in warning, a smile still locked on her face as Jax took his seat, not seeming to care about his precarious choice of sitting. Oh, she would once class began, but not before, and certainly not after. The moment the bell would ring, signifying class had begun, however. That was her signal that the classroom was under her total control.

Seeing that her conversation with Mr. Palmer was over, she turned her gaze to a figure that had been idling in the doorway for a brief time. "Oh hello there!" She didn't recognize the boy from anywhere, but she had been informed that a new student would be coming in that day. "Are you..." she looked down at her attendance book, "Vester Davis?"

~~~

Mort had looked up in surprise at what was coming out of Anahita's mouth. "... Did I hear that right? Did she just say it's her job to make things difficult for him??" Behind his hand-- which he had just held up to his face instinctively-- he had a wiry grin. "God, she really has no limits, if she can get a reaction out of that brick wall of a man." He was barely able to contain a snicker at her next words, implying that Elim got some sort of sick amusement out of the emotional torture he was putting his students through. He had just been to one of his detention sessions, so he wasn't ignorant of the mind games he was capable of inflicting upon them. But the thought of him actually enjoying that? Or... anything, for that matter?

Tapping his fingers against his cheek in anticipation, he shifted to the side in his seat to get a clearer view of Mr. White. He knew what Ardunayne was trying to do, and he was just as curious to see if she had managed to tug at the cracks in that man's stony demeanor. If anyone was capable of that, it was her.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:47:27 11/02/2018 by Waaksian
#1117 Posted: 00:46:21 11/02/2018
Zurgon had noticed the timid boy, he seemed like he couldn't tell his hand from his leg, or at least that's what it seemed like with the confused and nervous expression upon his seemingly soft natured face. This human seemed a lot less obnoxious than the previous one, that Jix kid or whatever his dumb name was, and that made Zurgon perk up. He hadn't seemed too talkative but there was something drawing Zurgon towards him, something familiar, it was like he'd tasted his scent before but long ago and not on this planet. But that was insane, the thought that this boy could be someone he'd met before, he had a near eidetic memory and still he couldn't place this person. He thought that maybe he'd seen him in a dream, he didn't always remember his dreams so maybe it could have been caused by some chance incident.

Zurgon eyed the boy, diverting all his attention to him and away from Jax. Why do I know him... It was driving him absolutely insane, there was no way he could know this human, he hadn't been on the planet long enough, and even if he'd passed him on the street he'd remember. Oh please sit next to me. He thought to himself, wanting to take the reigns of this odd situation and find an answer to the extremely odd phenomenon that was happening.
---
#1118 Posted: 03:45:37 18/03/2018
OOC: About dang time I put this little gremlin on here.

Alias: Malcolm
Age: Appears to be an adult cat. Actually 10 Earth years, making him a young adult.
Occupation: Has stationed himself in Morph's base to help him maintain (what's left of) his sanity.
Grade: N/A
Faction: Unaffiliated
Personality: Malk approaches people with warm friendliness paired with a charming facetiousness. He's observant of people and they way they act and behave. He treats people based on what he's gathered on them, and is very intuitive regarding the emotions and psychological behaviors of others. He's generally open-minded to friends and colleagues alike, but whatever he deems as a threat to the things he cares for will find a very grudging, unmerciful side to him that even Morph is scared of.
Opinion on Humans: Malk finds their culture mildly intriguing, and is quick to investigate any object he may deem interesting in an attempt to understand it. While he recognizes the humans as dangerous as a whole and a possible threat to galactic stability, he only judges on an individual level. Each person is a different case to him, and is treated as such.
True Appearance: Malk is 2'1 feet, with a teardrop-shaped body. His limbs are sleek and frail. He has large, aquamarine eyes, and two sets of very large ears. His antenna is naturally kinked and bent, with the tip having a tuft of fur the same color as his eyes. His tail has an additional fur tuft. His hands and feet are tiny and dainty, compared to Morph's. His skin is a slightly darker grey, and is also quite softer.
Disguised Appearance: His disguise is a fursuit that makes him appear to be a simple, declawed black cat. It changes very little of his basic anatomy, save for added features required to maintain a feline persona, such as soft, short fur, paws, a small muzzle, and a pair of ears. His eye color is the same. The ears of his disguise force his actual ears to fold inward, and is rather uncomfortable.
Other: Malk was raised by Morph, and the two share a very strong bond. Unlike his older companion, and very much like the rest of his kind, he enjoys casual physical contact and had almost no boundaries regarding it. He's creatively intelligent and artistic, and makes a living out of related projects (or so he claims).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:30 13/04/2018 by Waaksian
#1119 Posted: 18:33:06 13/04/2018 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Accepted! :3))

Elim wasn't at all surprised when his simple, short responses did not succeed in chasing Ardunayne away. She was persistent, he would give her that much. And he knew that same persistence applied when she tended to her duties. Otherwise, the Targibbon may not have tolerated her at all. As it was, the Foveat was here to help on their mission, so it wasn't as if he could simply cast her aside. He had to wonder, though, just what the Galactic Order was doing sending her anywhere near his vicinity. Did they think the two of them worked well together? The thought was laughable. Catching a glimpse of Mort in his peripheral vision, he supposed it was possible she worked well with one of the other agents on this mission. Maybe even Rexar. He wasn't sure whether the thought brought him comfort or made him uneasy. If they worked well together, it was possible that the Skargoran would behave himself, or at least have someone else who he didn't share an unfortunate past with. Or it might just mean that they'll get in all sorts of trouble together.

Turning his thoughts from Rexar back to Ardunayne, he frowned ever so slightly at her insistence that making his job harder was her prerogative and hers alone. He really needed to have a talk with her somewhere where they needn't watch what they say. Knowing that wouldn't be happening until after school, he sighed softly, continuing to listen to her dialogue. He wasn't about to ask her any questions, to prolong this already too long interaction, but he couldn't help but wonder why she found this place unpleasant. Aside from the obvious of having to keep her identity a secret and the possibility of Brotherhood agents skulking about, this was her kind of place. It was practically her domain, and she had stepped foot here but mere hours ago. She owned this place and she knew it. Why would such a place deter her? He was curious, but not so much so that he was about to ask her why. Perhaps there would be a time for that later. Maybe.

Now he was trying his best not to argue with her. That was the last thing he wanted, to start up a debate with this young woman that would surely last far too long. What he disagreed with was her assessment of how he took satisfaction out of making these people miserable. He got no satisfaction out of it, though admittedly, he was hardly broken up about it, either. He was doing what he had to in order to experiment on these humans. No more, no less. He supposed it was true that he got satisfaction out of doing his work, but not out of making people suffer, specifically. He merely didn't mind it. If the mission required that he be as gentle as a lamb, he would do it. Here on Earth, however, it was required of him to be more abrasive, as per his usual personality, which suited him just fine.

Making direct eye contact with Ardunayne, he told her softly but firmly, "I am not here to have fun, and neither are you. If you have nothing else of any relevance to say, I would suggest you leave now and head to your next class."

- - -

Rachel looked at her new friend with a look of concern on her face. She didn't know what was wrong with her, but she'd try to help her out, regardless of what the problem was. So when Diane spoke up, the human girl nodded understandingly. Failing to be normal was something she experienced regularly, as well. Not that she minded it, much. If anything, she reveled in being different. If "normal" was sleeping through class, doing drugs in the bathroom stalls, or getting pregnant at sixteen, Rachel was glad to be anything but normal. Maybe that wasn't so fair to the normal population that didn't do any of the aforementioned things, but to this particular girl, normal was a six letter word.

She decided to tell Diane as such. "There's nothing wrong with not being normal," she said. Not sure how to go about saying what she wanted to say, she went on hesitantly, "I mean, what is normal, anyway? Who gets to decide what that is?" Trying to think of what Diane's problem was specifically, she ventured to ask, "Are you having trouble making friends here? Or...?"

Rachel wasn't sure if that had helped or not, but she'd at least tried. Hopefully it was the thought that counted. As Diane went on, however, asking if she was too formal, she offered her a confused look, then a small laugh. "Too formal? You mean speaking English properly?" she asked, a grin on her face. Shaking her head, she went on in what was hopefully a comforting tone, "I like how formal you are. It's a welcome change from all the slang and stuff. And you're not cursing up a storm, either. I think those are good qualities." Pausing a moment, the concern in her eyes returning, she asked, "Why? Are you getting picked on about it or something?"

- - -

As Ferdinand walked behind them, Corbin glanced back behind himself, catching a glimpse of him. Well that won't do, he thought to himself. Slowing his pace, he situated himself next to the psychologist, silently insisting that they walk side by side. As they walked, he listened to his new friend speak, struck by how similar their situations were. "I admit, I never performed all that well at any sort of sport, myself," he said, a smile on his face even as he spoke of his own shortcomings. "So yes, indeed, it will be very interesting to see how the both of us hold up in such a game."
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#1120 Posted: 05:02:04 14/04/2018
At Ms. E's whine, Dax gave a thoughtful "hmm," and paused for dramatic effect. "You know, you're in luck. We just happen to have a special going on right now for fun teachers. For today only, teachers with a sense of humor get a deal of laugh once and get a free joke to claim as their own. So enjoy," he gave a wink.

Dax grinned at the comment about her previous class. "I look forward to it."

"Ooh, I'm so scared," he mocked with a grin. The boy fell into silence as the teacher addressed the new student coming in. He decided to allow them a chance to interact, instead taking a moment to just relax. He sighed and closed his eyes.

~ ~ ~

Syndral just stared blankly at Rachel for a moment. While her slightly widened eyes were almost akin to the look of a deer caught in headlights, her mind was racing. It was acceptable to be different? The human girl actually liked her formality? So there was nothing she needed to change? Something just didn't seem right. Was she being lied to? Manipulated? Was Rachel even human? She couldn't be, right? Why would this one human accept her strange behavior when the others called her weird? It just made no sense. She had to be a Brotherhood agent, right?

Blinking a couple of times, she snapped herself out of her thoughts and shook off the empty stare she had been holding. "So... There is nothing wrong with being formal? You do not find me somewhat... Weird?" Syndral still couldn't hardly believe what she was hearing.

She sighed and averted her gaze to the floor. "I have trouble making friends everywhere," she admitted, quietly. "I have never possessed quality social skills. Even back home, I was always considered... Strange." Syndral sighed again, "and that was back when I was around others... More like me... Yet I was still too different." She took a brief moment to glance around the room at the other students, who were socializing. "It has only gotten worse since I departed. Most of the people I interact with do not seem to like me much at all. I have not even had two full days of school here and yet the students in science class already think I am weird." She sighed once more. Syndral turned her gaze back to Rachel. "Are you absolutely certain that there is nothing about me that requires altering?"
---
#1121 Posted: 20:24:11 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator

Alias: Leander Emil

Gender: The gender of their host is male, so they adopted the gender identity of their host.

Grade: All

Faction: The Raek Collective

Personality: Charming, friendly, and polite, Leander Emil is outwardly nothing like one would expect from a Raek. Mischievous and cunning, he has managed to maintain his position on Earth and as principal for many years.

Opinion on Humans: Leander finds humans to be a good source of food and entertainment.

True Appearance: The true form of a Raek is a gaseous entity, blacker than smoke and typically about a cubic foot in size, though this fluctuates.

Human Appearance: His human host stands at about 5'8, with a thin, spindly form that seems quite frail. His skin is very pale, almost corpse-like, to the point where students have whispered about him being a vampire (a rumor he entertains), as he does not seem to go out in the sun much, either. Leander's short hair is black and his eyes are a very dark brown that very nearly seem black themselves. As for apparel, he wears a black suit and tie.

Other: Mr. Emil has something of a reputation for being a very efficient principal when it comes to balancing fun and discipline in the school.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:28:34 01/08/2019 by Wylrin
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#1122 Posted: 20:34:09 17/04/2018
//Accepted

lol//
#1123 Posted: 22:57:28 17/04/2018
Alias: Edwina Bolanle
Grade: Junior
Faction: Brotherhood of Worlds
Personality: Curious and hard-working, they pour all their energy into their work, whether regarding the mission itself or the people they're working alongside. They're very polite and affable to fellow coworkers, and frequently expresses interest in taking the time to develop relationships further. They're very social and work-oriented, either acquainting themselves with humans and studying them, working in their private lab with whatever miscellaneous task, and getting to know their coworkers. They're passionate and a little eccentric, often coming across as clueless and naive about the intentions of people despite their age. Proficiently book smart, yet alarmingly lacking in street smarts. Despite their generally chipper disposition, they're quite easy to frighten, and they frequently fall into bouts of extreme anxiety, especially if they felt as though they did something wrong. They find it difficult to adapt to change.
Opinion on Humans: Utterly fascinated with the human race, Beeboh has been studying them since 1951, having been on the occasional mission to Earth before this current one. They're very well-versed in human culture, and has the tendency to gush facts about them and essentially geek out.
True Appearance: Standing at 6'10 (a little on the shorter side for their kind), they have a slender, upright body lacking in the features common in animal species (bones, muscles, fat, etc.). They have a pair of long legs that appear digitigrade, yet possess flat feet with two uneven toes. Their long torso possesses six arms, the upper arms thin and twig-like, and the forearms thick and round. Each hand has three fingers and a thumb, which are actually modified leaves. Their head has a shape like a blunt arrowhead facing down. They have one eye, blue and purple in color, and two long ears that are also modified leaves. They have a single, blunt tooth on their upper jaw. They have a very long, whip-like tail, which is another modified leaf. They have long boots that go up to their "ankles", and a skintight yellow suit that leaves their hands, head, and tail uncovered. The uncovered parts of their body are a vivid, light green, speckled with red-orange, which is their base color underneath the clothes. (Visual Reference)
Human Appearance: Edwina has a slight build, not particularly thin but instead lightly curvaceous. She's 5'10 feet (Veegaflooran's bodies have a spongy consistency and can compress) and African American, possessing dark brown skin, brown eyes, and black, straight hair that she puts up in either a braid or a ponytail. She typically wears high heels and a loose, semi-formal dress that reaches her shins. Her wardrobe consists of earthy colors, such as greens and browns, and occasionally blacks and whites. She wears a large, round pair of glasses.
Other: Has a parent working as a council member of the Brotherhood, Joontoh Zeeblbreex. They keep in close, nearly constant contact. They're a xenoanthropologist, and takes great interest in the many cultures they're exposed to via the Brotherhood. Their species is known as the Veegafloora. They're content with any pronoun, as gender is a mostly foreign subject to them, and they only go by "she/her" to familiarize themselves with their alias.

Edwina's Schedule:

8:00 – School begins
8:00-8:15 – Attendance/Breakfast
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (spare)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (English - Mr. Normandy)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (Math - Mr.White)
10:30-11:15 – Gym/Art (Gym: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Art: Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
11:15-11:45 – Lunch
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (Biology - Ms. E)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (History - Mrs. Moore)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Band)
2:00-2:45 – Study Hall
2:45-3:00 – Dismissal
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 22:03:42 24/03/2019 by Waaksian
#1124 Posted: 23:00:45 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
---
#1125 Posted: 07:23:26 10/05/2018
"How about goalie? It's a simple enough game. One person is the goalie and guards the goal, while the other two each take turns trying to score against them, I suggest to my "brother" and Ferdinand as I see them not taking any action. My eyes sparkle in the light as I watch the two waiting for a response. The rest of the time that I have at the school I have free, so I want to do something with the two. My students have always enjoyed the games that I select for the class and some even practice on their own at home or elsewhere, to improve their skill. Still I do not what them to think that they have to be able to beat me in my own games, as I doubt that is even possible, still I enjoy the challenge. Earth is an interesting place, with people with all sort of potential, whether they use it for the betterment of others or for ill is their decision, however those who do harm to others are my enemy. I am a warrior but I do not fight just to fight, I fight to protect others. Even the training that I do in the unique chamber of my home, which is now a part of my "family's" home, I do that to keep myself in shape, for exercise, or to prepare for what is to come. Even the games that I select for my classes and I to do, have techniques, strategies and other elements that hone one's skills, battle or non. My people were misunderstood and even feared by so many, due to the stories spread in the Galactic Wars, of us, The Hounds of War.
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#1126 Posted: 04:12:02 23/01/2019
Ardunayne found Elim's response rather displeasing, as it effectively ignored nearly every word that had come from her mouth in favour of attempting to quietly shoo her off like a bothersome lost animal. She wasn't necessarily surprised by this fact, as she had come to know him very well as the sort of person to avoid subjects that didn't effect him. She knew very well he would only opt to comment on situations that immediately affected his livelihood, and unfortunately for her, that didn't include most of her interests or her playful banter. She had a sneaking suspicion that somewhere deep within his head, he was considering each and every word she said, sizing up their relevance to the current situation and perhaps even forming his own unspoken opinions on each word that left her mouth. She couldn't help but curiously ponder what questions and opinions raced through his mind, and the very idea of being unable to obtain such answers without getting them directly from the source was maddening, to say the least, for she knew him to be very quiet about what words he spoke, and he wasn't nearly as brazen with his opinions. This didn't necessarily mean he didn't possess them, but rather that they would never leave the confines of his mind.

Were this not a school, she wouldn't have been taken to concerning herself nearly as much over where she needed to be at this time, and would normally brush him off with a casual 'they can wait' statement. However, in these hallways, she didn't possess that level of authority and she could've just force people to operate on her time schedule and expect them to be comfortable with it. This was a school, after all, and the ticking clock that counted down to the beginning of each class wouldn't exactly wait for her. It made her bristle a little inside to know she would have to put an end to this conversation very soon.

Still, it was bound to happen eventually, and unfortunately, eventually was crawling up Ardunayne's backside, placing a hand upon her shoulder and growling impatiently in her ears. She exhaled aloud now, her posture slouching in just the slightest. "Ah, well, I do guess you're correct in that assessment. After all, time won't stand still for me." She straightened up now, her eyes flickering as she gazed upon him, "But I do hope we'll be able to discuss more... important matters at a more appropriate time, if you catch my drift." She turned on her heel now, flashing a smile to him. "I'll speak to you later, darling.

Then, she departed from the room, carrying her figure proudly into the hallway to make her way to the next class.

~~~

Ferdinand found it a little comforting to know that if he made a fool of himself, at least he'd be doing it in front of someone who was equally as likely to perform poorly at the game. He tilted his head ever so slightly as his new companion slowed his pace, dropping it in a way with which to better match his own. His eyes flashed up as he heard the casual suggestion to take turns as a goalie, and the concept seemed simple enough in his mind. Guard the shots as best you can - sounded right up his alley. So with a small charmed hum to his voice, Ferdinand responded, "Yes, I do believe being goalie would be simple enough. I am quite open to that suggestion."

~~~

Cryktin took a few moments to gather his confidence, to remind himself that all of this wasn't nearly as scary as he was making it out to be. Even if all eyes were upon him, it wasn't as though he would even notice the difference, and it would be no different than imagining everyone was staring at him. He was being paranoid, fretting over nothing, and he eventually was able to laugh at himself internally just enough to begin scooting forward. His movement was far from confident, and there was still slight hesitation to each footstep, but he was moving, and that alone was enough - it was progress. Like always, he kept to where he felt comfortable, the outer edge of the classroom. He could hear the subtle signs of movement around him, hints that other people were already nestling themselves into their seats and organizing their belongings. He kept his other senses alert as he inched through the classroom, seeking a free seat, preferably near a quieter individual.

He finally nudged his way in between a few seats, testing the backs of the seats with his hand by gently tugging on them to see if they nudged. Satisfaction filled him when he tugged on the backside of a seat and it cried out with a small screech as the unoccupied chair was jolted by his tugging. He reached out, placing the palm of his hand against the bottom of the seat before nestling his way into it. Once he was within the seat, he placed the rest of his belongings on the desk in front of him, making extra certain to not place them too near the edge of the desk. The last thing he needed was something careening over the edge, as for him, a dropped pencil in a cramped classroom like this was basically a lost cause. He wasn't sure if anyone else in the room had taken notice of him yet, and it seemed like whoever was sitting on the opposite side of him - if anyone was there at all - wasn't yet interested in his presence.

His mind began to slow down a little as time passed, and it wasn't long before his paranoid concerns that he was being silently judged disappeared entirely, laughing themselves off as they vanished from this world.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#1127 Posted: 03:34:24 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Just a note that I've changed Elim's human name and appearance, which can be seen in his character sheet. :3))
---
#1128 Posted: 15:35:14 17/03/2019
//@Shadow-Cipher did Cryktin sit next to Zurgon or a random student?//

Rex was patient but that didn't mean he wasn't anxious, every second of every day was like agony to him but he coped with it, except for when he got to take his daily bath now that was bliss, but this was no time for running faucets, it was a time for running calculations in his mind as to how he was going to approach his mission. Well, Missons although one was personal it was still just as important. The task at the current time however was the humans, there was plenty of time for his vendetta later, next period to be exact and how he would savor it, fourth period would be like bath time.

Rex took a seat in front of Espinoza's desk ready to listen to her teaching lecture, the chair was a swivel, something Rexar didn't love, so much movement taking away from what you were trying to focus on. Procrastination was never something that filled Rexar's day, there was always something needing to be done.
#1129 Posted: 04:02:34 23/03/2019
As faces both familiar and new began filling up the classroom and taking to each other's attention, Ms. Espinoza found her own attention drifting towards the man sitting in a spare chair next to her. Well, this was certainly proving to be a week, wasn't it? She couldn't recall a year where so many new hires had entered the staff department at once. A charming history teacher and her chatty husband, a man who fit the stereotype for a math teacher almost to the letter, a gym teacher with a quiet, but focused disposition, and now the new aide? Although they circulated through assistants faster, it was still surprising to her. But she was far from complaining; the school environment had been starting to stale since three semesters ago.

"So, what're you thinking? High school anything like what you expected? Or remembered?" she said to Rex with a snort, nails clacking on the desktop as she leaned over it with an arm.

~~~

Was that all? A mere frown and a firm dismissal? Well, Morph figured that was to be expected. This was Elim they were talking about. Or rather, to, in Ardunayne's case. And by the Divided, could that woman talk. How did she do it? Had it been the Kwuerk in her place, standing before a man who had negative-fifty-percent interest in any sort of small-talk, he would have shut up and left long before it would have become an expectation of him. But her? She kept it going after being left with almost nothing to work with. It was almost as if she knew how to respond to Elim's blunt replies, what topics to pick from each insignificant word and to stretch out endlessly, like a clock spaghetti-ing under the pressure of a black hole. Just how long did those two know each other?

The answer to that question would have to wait its turn, however, as Ardunayne at last said her farewells and took her leave, making it clear that she was merely postponing their little talk for later. Once she had passed the open doorway, Morph's investigative eyes fell on Elim. Taking a few moments to wipe that stupid grin off his face, he cleared his throat and let his hand fall to the desk.

"She's a character, isn't she?"
#1130 Posted: 20:34:33 01/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Mr. Locklear nodded ever so minutely at the young woman's words. It hardly mattered to him whether he was right or not, but in terms of seeing to it that the agent knew what her duties were, he was determined to see to it that she was well informed. In this case, then, he was satisfied to hear that she believed his words to be correct. Her last words, however, made him frown slightly. Still, he said nothing to her as she turned and strutted out of the classroom, instead waiting until she was gone to murmur, "Don't call me darling."

He might have forgotten he'd had a spectator, it seemed, for when Mort cleared his throat, he seemed a bit surprised. Or perhaps he was simply taken off guard that the boy was speaking to him at all. Ah, he supposed he shouldn't have been. After all, it would seem strange if the boy blatantly ignored his presence. Still, despite it being Morph under that fake human skin, he wasn't about to get cozy chatting with him. He had a reputation to maintain, one of harshness that did not allow for any exceptions. Well, perhaps one slight exception, but this boy wasn't it.

Turning to look at the student, giving him not quite a glare but hardly a friendly look, he replied in a very simple manner. "Yes."

- - -

At Mari's blank stare, the girl wasn't quite sure what to do other than simply stare back, though her face couldn't quite manage the expressionless look. Perhaps anyone else would have been weirded out by the stare, but to Rachel wasn't, for whatever odd reason. Maybe it was because people tended to give her weird stares on a regular basis already. Whatever the reason, she certainly didn't complain about the look she was receiving, instead merely returning it with a look of... was it curiosity? Perhaps. Perhaps she was curious as to what reaction she was going to get out of her new friend. Or perhaps she was worrying that she had offended in some way.

She might have spoken up, perhaps to inquire if she had said something rude without intending to, but the other girl's quick blinking and subsequent words halted her in her tracks. Shaking her head, she said, "I like your formal...ness." What a great way of showing it. "I mean, your formality. I like your formality." Resting her chin on her hand, she went on, "It's..." She was quick to pause, however, searching for the word she wanted to use. "It's archaic. Nobody talks the way you do anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong century." Then again, she'd no doubt have had to wear a corset in an earlier century. She had to struggle to keep a displeased look from seeping into her features; she didn't want Mari thinking that had anything to do with her. "As for if you're weird, I mean, I guess? But in a good way."

As her new friend went on, a contemplative look shone in her eyes. So she had been considered weird even where she had come from originally? That came as a surprise to her, though she didn't quite understand why. Perhaps she'd thought Mari's issues had more to do with culture shock. But it appeared there was some sort of personal level to it, as well. Huh. "I'm sorry," she sympathized. "That sounds... really rough." Rachel herself had never really had trouble making friends or interacting with people. Sure, some thought she was weird, but she was a generally well-liked individual. Not popular, by any means, but she didn't really have enemies. She was on good terms with most everyone. To hear that her new friend didn't have it the same way was a bit disheartening.

At Mari's final question, Rachel paused to consider it. After a time, however, she slowly nodded. "I'm sure. I mean, you should be allowed to be yourself." It occurred to her, suddenly, that perhaps what the other girl was portraying wasn't who she really was. The thought made her feel sad. Nodding a bit more firmly now, she said, "Just be yourself."
---
#1131 Posted: 21:25:25 24/07/2019
"That's what's so fun about Goalie, it's just for fun. Besides I have nothing more today, and you seem to be a nice guy. All that matters, is to have fun. Come on, I got a soccer ball right here, I say, passing a black and white ball between my legs. I kick it over to my "brother", Plagarius. You can decide who gets to be goalie first and who's to be one trying to score the goals."
#1132 Posted: 03:40:20 27/07/2019
Like he remembered? That was a good question, the answer was obviously truthfully 'no', the fake answer was probably something about how 'back in my day blah blah' but in reality, Rexar had no idea what high school was like, for him there were a lot of blackouts in his memory, many moments that whenever he'd try to think back to them it would just be pure darkness, maybe he was blocking something out or maybe it was...Ah, it wasn't important, the only important thing was that he keep his cover and think on his feet and answer the question. "Well...There were a lot less kids, I went to a small school, was raised in a small town. Can you believe I was the one being shoved in the locker?" He gave a chuckle, god he hated making those disgusting noises, why were humans so noisy? they had so many vocalizations for so many different things, happiness, sadness, arousal, anger. The only sound Rexar felt was important was the grunts one made when pounding their target into a pulp of wet, bloodied meat. "How about you? What was your childhood like? I bet you were the popular girl in school, right?"

-----

Maybe Shane could have taken some notes from Dax, relaxing seemed like a nice idea, just closing his eyes and drifting off into a dream...But then again would Shane want to have a dream in the middle of the classroom? Last time he had one of his vivid dreams he ended up sleepwalking into Vuxta's room and hid under her bed screaming about the 'War of the Willy Wonka's" His dreams were insane. Either way it didn't matter, he'd never pull it off, he forgot his sunglasses in his ship so there would be no fooling anyone with his eyes closed. Wait, wasn't Dax the one Rachel mentioned? "Psst" Shane said honestly pretty loudly, which was sort of the opposite point of 'psst-ing' someone. "Hey aren't you the Sloth boy Rachel told me about? Or was it Slug boy...What else is lazy? Well whatever it was you're him, right? Rachel said we might get along." He gasped. "Oh gosh maybe this is how we become best friends, okay okay, if you're a sloth what does that make me? Ooh I could be a hammerhead shark and then, like, if we ever need to build something we can just use my face to bang the nails in! Or uh, maybe I could be a sloth too but like, with super speed and I don't fall to my death grabbing my arm thinking it's a branch, did you know they do that?? Or wait is it slugs that do that, uh, well it's one of em, maybe, definitely one of them, or monkeys. Sloths are kinda like Monkeys huh? Tell me about yourself, sloth boy."
#1133 Posted: 17:20:15 30/07/2019
"Oh, honey, I believe it. I was a late bloomer myself, wasn't 'till college when people finally started to notice." Blissfully unaware of the violent thoughts pertaining the man's mind, she was happy to graze his personal bubble as she went on, "But if you ask me, I'd say it was a bit of my own fault. I didn't have the confidence. Couldn't even imagine myself being popular before graduating." She wagged a finger. "But confidence is everything, I learned! Though I don't need to tell you that."

~~~

Again, no small talk. And while he couldn't exactly leave Elim's presence, Mort was definitely going to shut up and grace him with the silence he'd no doubt been longing for since their dear comrade walked in.

It wasn't to last. Soon enough, third period's students were trickling into the classroom, which came with the squeaking of shoes against linoleum and mumbling chatter of those who weren't afraid of talking in front of Mr. Locklear for whatever reason. One student in particular wasn't afraid of speaking directly to him, or rather, too afraid to do so. Rivaling Anahita's height, but none of her self-assured charisma, the girl stood at the entry, wide eyes accentuated by the round lenses of her glasses as they flickered between the sheet of paper in her hand and the teacher at his desk. "I'm-- I-I'm sorry, is this--" She startled and clung to the doorway when another classmate pushed past her, stammering yet another apology though she'd be getting none in return. "Is-- Is this Mr..." The paper was given an unnecessary glance. "Locklear's class? A-Arithmetics?"
#1134 Posted: 22:58:02 30/07/2019
With his feet up on his desk and his hands behind his head, Dax was practically falling asleep already. He was merely resting before, but a moment of resting his eyes was quickly turning into dozing off completely. Dax might have started to snore soon, if a loud "psst" hadn't slightly riled him from his restful state. With a yawn, he stretched out his arms and began to search for the source of the noise. Geez, couldn't anyone just let him sleep?

Dax soon spotted Shane and began to listen to his seemingly never ending rambling. While he heard the words, it was anyone's guess whether or not his groggy brain actually registered any of it. Dax just quietly stared at the disguised alien for a moment, with half closed sleepy eyes, as if still trying to figure out where he was and what was happening.

After what seemed like an eternity of Dax just staring, as if he were brain dead or high, he finally threw his head back with a laugh. "Man, you're a riot!" he said, gleefully. "Well, I can't argue with Rach. She's usually right about everything. Yeah, dude, I'm the resident sloth 'round here. Name's Dax," he grinned with a wink. "By the way, cats are super lazy, they take naps a lot. Sloths and slugs are both, like, super slow, but yeah, sloths are the monkey-like things that hang from trees. Slugs are, like, these gross looking things that crawl on the ground, and they have shells. Either one fits, though," he chuckled. "I think you'd be a cheetah, actually. They're these super fast cats, not lazy like the others." Dax gave a thumbs up with a grin, "but I love the hammerhead shark idea. This is going to be great, I can already tell."

~ ~ ~

At the irony of Rachel's statement towards her formality, Syndral let out a quiet snort of laughter. It only lasted a moment, though, for once she heard the unflattering noise, she immediately desisted. Syndral averted her gaze and pulled her hood up in embarrassment. While trying to hide her face with her hood, she quietly listed to the human's words. "Gee, thanks. You are making me sound as if I am far older than I truly am." There was sarcasm in her tone, but no hint of anger or annoyance. She removed her hood and looked back at Rachel, revealing a subtle smile in her otherwise neutral expression. "Speaking formally is actually quite common where I come from," she added, matter-of-factly. Syndral then sighed and averted her gaze again. "Sometimes I wonder if I was born on the wrong... In the wrong country," she muttered.

When Rachel apologized and expressed pity, Syndral sighed again. "It is not your fault. I suppose it can not be helped. Besides, I have... Gotten used to it." While her voice had started out with its usual monotone, it soon grew quiet and carried a slight hint of something more. While the Zvarranik was trying to keep a brave face, that evidently was not the case for her deep down.

With Rachel's final answer, Syndral tilted her head slightly and stared blankly at her again. There was a long pause, before she finally spoke. "My... Self?" she asked, quietly. "Be... Myself?" There was confusion and uncertainty more evident in her tone now. The Zvarranik had never been told this before. The idea was completely foreign to her. Zvarraniks weren't allowed to be themselves, at least not in comparison to humans. Most were unaware of their loss of free will and merely continued to focus on their work. However, the differences between the Zvarraniks and other races only became more apparent to Syndral the longer she spent away from Surqorax. Still, the idea of changing so much was a daunting one. Syndral shook her head profusely. "N-no... I can't," she muttered, nervously. How was she even to know who her true self was?
---
#1135 Posted: 18:36:07 31/07/2019
Oh Rexar was confident. Confident that he'd soon put his very own plan into motion. This teacher, this 'late bloomer' as she so called herself would be instrumental in it. God, it felt like yesterday he was like these humans: weak, pathetic, far too trusting, naive, scared. It would be easy to eliminate them all, but alas that wasn't the mission, 'observe and learn' pah, he'd gotten everything he'd needed in his first hour on this planet. These humans weren't deserving of the life they'd been given. They were so contradictory, they didn't know what they wanted, how was a planet expected to thrive when its inhabitants couldn't agree on the simplest of things. Back on Rexar's planet there were few squabbles. They were crafters, plain and simple. Humans, they had so many professions, there was too much diversity of course problems would arise. Skargoran's dug tunnels, mined minerals, they crafted those minerals into objects and then they sold those objects, an endless cycle. Humans. So complex, and for why? Their planet would thrive if only they chose one thing and stuck to it. The only thing Rexar was okay with was their many branches of food, on Skallax they ate rocks and minerals, that part was too simple for him. If Earth just focused on their delicacies it would be a utopia, that's what Rexar believed. How could one argue over food? Ah, he was sure that Earthlings would find a way. "Yes, I know far too well, confidence is...Something I used to lack. But once I learned to harness it I never looked back. It felt empowering." He snickered slightly, unable to hold it back. "You should have seen me when I was younger."

-----

Shane's eyes lit up it was as if they were truly sparkling, his mouth wide open. "You, you really think I could be a cheetah?" He covered his gaping maw. "Oh goodness, but then I'd have to eat all those antlered horse things, oh no, I'd have to be a vegetarian, or I guess I could go to the store for my food, but how would I earn enough! I could enter car races and disguise myself as one...I'll need some paint and wheels." One day he'd learn to keep his incessant thoughts in his head, well probably not actually. "Oh hey, Rachel mentioned you but she didn't mention how you two know each other, are you two like, y'know." He winked and then leaned in to whisper. "siblings?"
#1136 Posted: 19:57:08 31/07/2019 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Just a note that Plagarius's name has been changed to Piidgi. :3))

- - -

He was somewhat grateful that Mort hadn't pursued a conversation. As the boy had suspected, Mr. Locklear was rather grateful for any extended period of silence he could get. Of course, the last couple of classes had been relatively silent, but he'd had to force Mr. Palmer to actually do his work in the first one, then he'd had to endure Ms. Ourania the second period. Simply put, the silence had not been as relaxing as it ought to have been. Not that Elim really intended on relaxing, especially not on Earth. No, he had much to do on this planet, intelligence gathering and counter-intelligence being the big two. Counter-intelligence, you might ask? Well, half of the reason the guide-turned-assassin was here was to keep an eye out for Brotherhood agents. They were no doubt here, if not in this school, then in others like it. While he was confined to this little box of a math class during school hours, he had no such limitations after hours. After this school day was over, he intended on starting his hunt.

Thoughts of his work outside of school, and no doubt what he would rather be doing, were interrupted. He had managed to block out the few students that were coming in and speaking in hushed tones. What he couldn't ignore was someone blatantly addressing him. Turning to the individual who had dared to do so, Mr. Locklear was forced to, once again, raise his eyes farther up than he'd expected to meet this girl's. Eluemadea, they were multiplying. While this one wasn't taller than he was, she was practically his height, something he wasn't too thrilled about. If he had another Ardunayne on his hands...

As soon as she spoke, however, it was clear that this young woman was most certainly not another Ardunayne. Lacking in the ability to so much as speak without a noticeable stutter, it was clear that this student was no threat to him, much less an Ardunayne clone. Breathing out a quiet sigh of relief through his skin, he turned his body fully to address the young woman, saying simply, "Yes." He nearly said more, perhaps to inquire as to where she had been yesterday, but to be honest, he really didn't care. Just so long as she complied in his classroom, that was all that mattered.

Gesturing to the desks, he said curtly, "Take a seat."

- - -

Instead of being offended by the quiet laugh, Rachel simply grinned a bit. Yeah, that had hardly been the best way of putting that. At least it got a laugh out of Mari. The grin was quickly erased, however, at the implication that she had called her older than she is. Well, crap. While she personally would have taken a liking to seeming older than she really was, as such a thing hinted at maturity, she wasn't sure how her new friend would take it. Calling a woman older than she was... well, that usually didn't end well. She might have spoken up to say that this wasn't what she meant, but as Mari pulled her hood away from her face, it was revealed that she was smiling softly. Oh, good! So she hadn't offended her. Her smile returning at this newfound knowledge, the human girl listened thoughtfully to what the other had to say. So speaking formally was common where she was from? Her smile lessened in intensity at her next comment, however. Born in the wrong country? What made her think that? "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Oh," was all Rachel could find it in her to say. She was... used to being considered weird? She didn't like the thought that her friend had resigned to believe what other people thought of her or some such, as evidenced by the soft frown on her face. "You shouldn't have to be."

At the utter confusion Mari expressed at being told to be herself, Rachel's mind sort of blanked. It was as if the thought had never occurred to Mari before, or that it was such an impossible idea. Just how had she grown up? With people constantly telling her to conform? She wasn't sure she liked the thought of that. At the girl's three simple words, a concerned expression overtook her features. "Why not?" came the question, somewhat unbidden. Blinking a few times, she elaborated, "I mean... do your parents... do they tell you that you have to be a certain way?"

- - -

Upon having the ball kicked to him, Corbin reached a foot out to stop it. That was the plan, anyways. He ended up missing by a good few inches, the ball rolling past him without a care. Staring at it for a few moments, he then looked back to Mr. Tenai, a sheepish look on his face that seemed to say, That doesn't usually happen. Looking to the ball, then to Ferdinand, he told the psychologist, "If you would give us a moment, please." Walking up to his "brother," he said, "There's actually something I'd like to discuss with you, in private."
---
#1137 Posted: 23:35:08 31/07/2019
Dax chuckled. "Dude, with how energetic you are, I'm sure of it." He paused, with a more thoughtful expression. "I don't think you have to eat antlered horse things, though. They're called gazelle, by the way, and I think they're only in Africa, where the cheetahs are. So you could probably eat whatever you find, that's what most hunters do, I'm pretty sure. I mean, most cats like fish, so you could probably just eat that. There's plenty of fish in the sea," he grinned. Dax chuckled again, "and a driver. Cars need a driver." He paused for a moment. "Actually, the driver just kind of sits there. I could be the driver! Dude, this is perfect! You be the car, and I'm the driver, no one would suspect a thing!" he beamed.

He settled back down with a calm smile, when Rachel was mentioned. Dax raised his eyebrow when Shane winked and leaned in close to whisper something. Then he simply laughed. "Oh, is that where you were going with that?" Dax shook his head. "Nah, dude, we're not actually related. Different last names and all. But I guess it sure feels that way sometimes," he chuckled. "We've just known each other, since, like, forever, it feels like. We don't always agree on, like... Life, but we get along well enough. Most of the time, anyway," Dax chuckled. "Just not today, though. She's probably still mad about math class, and I guess English class." He paused briefly, with a contemplative look, "and probably something else I'm forgetting. Oh, well, I'll just make it up to her later." He grinned again, clearly not too concerned about how angry Rachel might be with him.

~ ~ ~

Syndral sighed. "It is just something I have wondered about... For a while now," she said, quietly. She almost went into more detail, but she decided that she better not. She wanted to discuss the matter with someone, but she knew it wasn't a good idea, and that she shouldn't even be having these thoughts. Even Motherbot didn't know the full extent of where Syndral's mind had wandered off to. There were some secrets that were simply too risky to tell anyone. Although, she wondered why she almost risked explaining them to Rachel. Syndral had never come close to sharing those thoughts with anyone before. What made Rachel so different?

Before she could ponder on that train of thought some more, she focused on Rachel's next words. Syndral hand-waved the issue with a sigh. "That is simply how it is. As I said before, it can not be helped. Some are fortunate, born with greater chances at life, and have an easier time adapting to expectations given to them. I was not one such person, however." With another sigh, she grew quiet and averted her gaze. After a long pause, Syndral spoke up again, and looked back at Rachel. While her expression was mostly neutral, there was a brief flash of anger in her eyes, and a slight frown on her face. "That is not important, though. That is the past," she said, with a twinge of bitterness in her tone.

When Rachel questioned why, and even brought up her parents, Syndral flinched. Her eyes widened and she gritted her teeth with a subtle hiss. Syndral averted her gaze again, almost glaring at the floor, with a clenched fist. It had been seven long years since she left home, and yet the very mention of her parents still managed to get a reaction out of her. Although, one in particular came to mind, as well as the difficult relationship they always had. Syndral slowly looked back at Rachel, trying not to glare at her, though it was hard. "My... Father," she practically growled through gritted teeth. It was hard enough to just utter those words, that she had to pause to take a deep breath. "He was..." she hissed. There were so many ways Syndral could have ended that sentence, but she opted to simply hiss instead. She found it too difficult to say anything else, so she averted her gaze once more, and offered a slow nod to Rachel's question.
---
#1138 Posted: 02:51:50 01/08/2019
Name: Florence "Grim" Gravel

Grade: 12

Personality: Grim seems like your typical delinquent at first glance. She looks like the outcast/troublemaker type that you would mostly ignore, except for being wary of what she might do. However, this girl is actually the "queen bee" of the school, who rules with an iron fist, along with her followers. While she's capable of putting on a nice front when in a good enough mood, these moments tend to be rare. She delights in intimidating and scaring others into submission, either as potential followers, or just to get them to not be a problem.

Appearance: Grim is tall and slender, standing at around 5'8 in height. She is rather flat-chested and lacks feminine curves. She's a frail looking thing, hardly matching the tough persona she built up for herself. She has dark brown hair and brown eyes, but she wears contacts to make her eyes look more dead and creepy. She has fake fangs that she wears to make herself look more like a vampire. She purposely grew her nails out and filed them to a sharp point. She wears makeup to make herself look more dead or undead, like a vampire. While she was always light-skinned, she was never quite as pale as she appears to be now. Grim has gone to great lengths to make herself look more like a member of the undead, both due to her interests and for intimidation.
https://sta.sh/01h2sfccxybl

Other: "Grim" is a nickname she gave herself, since her real name didn't sound cool or intimidating enough for her liking. She has always had an affinity for vampires, the undead, and other supernatural things. She's the leader of a gang, called The Reapers, which have an undead theme. Her gang symbol is a hooded skull with crossing scythes. They call their gang a band as a cover, to avoid getting caught for their trouble making.

Schedule:
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (Spare)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (History)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (Math)
10:30-11:15 – Gym/Art
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (Science)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (Language Arts)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Woodworking)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:37:52 03/08/2019 by Cynder09
#1139 Posted: 10:37:39 01/08/2019 | Topic Creator

Name: Josephine "Joe" Keyes

Grade: 12th

Personality: You could say that Joe is "silent, but deadly" in terms of how he behaves in and outside of school. He's the quiet type who seems like he's staring off into space more than half of the time, but don't be fooled by the façade. Those eyes are watching and those ears are listening. There are times he'll wear earbuds, pretending to listen to music, only so he can eavesdrop on people when they think he can't hear. Despite seeming quiet and relatively docile, there is a degree of danger that he presents. The young man tends to hold a grudge, and when someone is put on his black list, you can be sure that they will remain there for an unprecedented period of time. What becomes of people on his black list? It depends on the offense in question, though it can be assured that it's nothing good.

Appearance: There's really no questioning Joe's biological gender. Standing at 5'5, he has a curvaceous, hourglass shaped figure. His chest size isn't something that would make the popular girls jealous, but there's no denying that he has a chest. His hips are wide and his legs are a tad on the thick side. The shape of his face is soft and round with a button nose and deep set eyes which are blue in color. His brown hair is shaved on the sides and in the back, but he allows it to grow on the top of his head, which is swept upwards and back. As for apparel, Joe tends to wear baggy clothing to hide his more feminine features. He's often seen wearing a black hoodie and cargo pants, and regardless of what he's wearing, he always wears a skeleton key on a chain around his neck.

Other: Joe (sometimes called Joey) is Grim's right hand man in her gang, the Reapers, though his official rank is referred to as a Lich.

Schedule:
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (Spanish)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (History)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (Math)
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (Science)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (English)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Forensic Science)
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:59:16 03/08/2019 by Wylrin
#1140 Posted: 17:07:40 01/08/2019
"Let me chance a guess: couldn't look people in the eye? Scared of answering questions in class?" Ms. E set a hand on her chest, fingernails threatening to snag the fabric of her shirt. "Then I might as well already had!" She squawked with laughter. "Isn't that funny? We already have so much in common!"

~~~

It wasn't as though she had expected a housewarming welcome, complete with a handshake and lengthy introductions. But Edwina was getting the sense that she'd best heed his words right then, and so she did, mouthing some amalgamation of "thank you" and "I'm sorry" before retreating to the back of the class. Her head was ducked down long after she had seated herself, eyes hiding behind her glasses and the additional wall of her hands as she peered endlessly at her schedule.

She so happened to have chosen her hiding spot a few seats away and behind Mort, who watched for a few intent moments before turning his head towards the front. Elim was already having an effect on the class, so it seemed. No surprise there.
#1141 Posted: 21:48:34 03/08/2019 | Topic Creator
Mr. Locklear watched the girl as she practically darted to the back of the classroom. Once she was situated, he stayed silent for a few moments, seemingly considering something. Then, he said, "I did not catch your name." It was a simple enough statement, though the way he said it made it sound like a demand for information. He cared little what her name was, really, but he needed to know it, all the same. Calling a person by their name tended to do wonders in controlling them. Not that he feared he'd need much help in controlling this one, but every little bit helped, and he wasn't the sort to be particularly arrogant. As such, he wasn't about to dismiss the potential threat this young woman could pose, despite her seemingly harmless nature.

- - -

"Oh," was all the human girl could really say. She was oblivious to what was going on in Mari's head, obviously; it wasn't as if she could read minds. But what if she had known? Well, you could say she'd feel rather honored, maybe even a bit special considering someone would place such trust in her. But also, she'd feel a certain sense of overbearing responsibility. Rachel didn't pretend to know what was best for people, even though she did want to be a psychologist (or a counselor, she couldn't decide) someday. For someone to place so much trust in her... it was almost overwhelming, being the keeper of secrets otherwise not told to anyone. Thankfully, she didn't have to worry about such things, for her new friend had decided against elaborating.

As Mari went on about other things, however, the frown on Rachel's face deepened slightly. Some were... born with greater chances at life? Was she talking about persecution? How white people were born with that "birth right"? The thought nearly made her scowl, but she stopped herself. Maybe that wasn't what the girl was talking about. As she went on, she started to suspect that maybe it wasn't. That was the past? So... it couldn't have anything to do with race, right? That was something that could not be changed. But then, what was Mari talking about, specifically? The only other thing you couldn't really control was...

...Ah, your parents. At the reaction she got upon bringing up Mari's parents, Rachel raised a hand to half cover her mouth. Oh, maybe she shouldn't have said that, shouldn't have assumed, or pried, or whatever you wanted to call it. She opened her mouth to apologize, but her friend beat her to it. Oh... so it wasn't both of her parents. That was good, at least. But still... "I'm sorry," she said, perhaps a delayed apology from earlier, or perhaps expressing sympathy now. Or both.
---
#1142 Posted: 19:12:11 05/08/2019
//Super short post oops//

"Not today?" Shane didn't know Rachel all too well yet, but he was good at picking up vibes from people, or at least he thought he was good at it, and Rachel didn't seem the angry type, maybe Dax did something terrible like ate her family by accident, oh gosh that would be terrible, he hoped that he would never accidentally eat Piidgi, that would be awful. "Why is she mad about those classes? Did you do something terrible, oh gosh are you a criminal? Why did you do it, why did you turn to a life of crime so young!?"
#1143 Posted: 07:07:50 06/08/2019
As my "brother", Plagarius, aka human alias, Corbin tells me that he wants to talk to me in private about something, I wave to Ferdinand and follow him as we separate from our human friend for a little while. As we walk U wonder what Plagarius wants to talk to me about in private so much that it can't wait until me get home. So many scenarios play in my nervous mind as we near a good private area, my office. Taking a key from the right front pocket of my jeans, I fit it into the lock, before unlocking the door. Opening the door I let my "brother", Plagarius enter first before entering myself, and closing the door behind us, before sitting on the sofa in my office.

"So what do you need to talk to me about, Plagarius? It must be something really or rather important if it can't wait until after school is out. Now since we are here alone, I guess, now's as good a time as any to talk," I say, motioning for Plagarius to sit on the sofa with me. It's probably the most comfy anyway.
#1144 Posted: 18:29:04 17/12/2019 | Topic Creator
~~~Timeskip to Art Class~~~
---
#1145 Posted: 19:11:58 17/12/2019
The last few classes felt like years but finally the bell rang and it was time for Art, and while Zurgon wasn't from this planet he indeed knew about art, oh yes he knew how bad he was at art. Once he tried to draw a fish and it ended up looking like a WWII tank, he just wasn't talented at all when it came to drawing, despite the Zarn being fairly good architects, after all they had massive tunnel systems with buildings under the ground, but Zurgon could never put what was in his head down on paper.

It seemed that Shane was one of the first to make it to the classroom, he immediately became fraught with worry, if someone he knew had already been there then he could have chosen to sit next to them, but he worried if he were to take a seat alone then nobody would sit next to him. Zurgon took a seat at one of the tables, he slung his backpack over the chair and began to twiddle his fingers on the desk. Relax, Zurgon. It's your second day! If no one sits next to you it's no big deal, you just go home, cry and eat a lot of cotton balls. His thoughts didn't exactly reassure him.

-----

Rex had decided to stay back with Ms. E, he needed to work her more and then when the time was right and Morph was around he'd strike, go right for the jugular so to speak. If he could get her touch faces with him in front of Morph, ah it would be unpleasant for the both of them but more unpleasant for Morph. "Bridgett, if you don't mind me saying, I've been doing this for a while and seen a lot of teachers teach a class but you seem to really inspire them more than I've ever seen. How do you do it?"
#1146 Posted: 21:32:56 18/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Alias: Alexei Morozov
Grade: N/A
Faction: The Brotherhood of Worlds
Personality: Telum's personality is... diluted, to say the least. Robotic in more than just his anatomy, he is formal and professional under nearly all circumstances. The only exception is when someone commands him to behave otherwise. Speaking of commands, he strictly follows his superiors' orders, regardless of what they may be. His outlook on his own existence is... rather strange. He doesn't believe himself to be an individual, but instead, a tool to be used at others' discretion. As such, he is incredibly subservient, having virtually no will of his own, but instead, merely following the whims of those he views as above him.
Opinion on Humans: He really doesn't have an opinion of his own on humans, instead leaving the decision-making to his superiors.
True Appearance: Telum is an Equimari (species credit goes to Waaksian) and as such, he appears to be more machine than man. He stands at roughly 7'0 and has a build that suggests he could bring some serious pain onto someone if his masters wanted him to.
Human Appearance: In his human disguise, Telum possesses the same build and height. His complexion is slightly on the pale side, though not to the extent that Leander is. He has short brown hair and typically dons formal wear such as a suit and tie, though he will dress for the occasion, as well. Regardless of what he's wearing and regardless of the brightness level outside, he will always wear a pair of sunglasses.
Other: He is a cyborg.
---
#1147 Posted: 03:05:30 22/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Alias: Carmine Lark
Age: His alias is 18, and though he has the physique of a 30 year old, technically he could be considered only 10 or 11 in human years. His kind does not reach puberty before adulthood, so the subject of age is a strange one for him.
Grade: 12th
Faction: The Galactic Order
Personality: His personality is quite melancholy, a sort of sadness seeming to pervade most of his interactions. The only time this really seems to go away is when he is playing his music. While not unkind, he can be extremely truthful to the extent that he sometimes may come off as blunt.
Opinion on Humans: His opinion on humans is professional. He neither likes nor dislikes them, instead merely taking in their attributes and submitting information on them for the Order to analyze further.
True Appearance: He has a diamond shaped head which possesses no features - no nose, mouth, ears, or eyes. Aside from this, his body structure is surprisingly human-like - two arms, two legs, a torso, etc. He possesses an average build, neither particularly thin nor muscular and stands at roughly 6'0. His skin is light greyish blue in coloration for the most part, though his hands and feet are black, his arms and legs slowly transitioning from light greyish blue to black.
Human Appearance: His height and musculature are the same in his disguise, though the coloration of his skin is obviously not the same, instead being a light tan. His brown hair is short and his eyes are green.
Other: Having no ears, his species is deaf as the humans perceive it. However, he can still intepret sound, just not in the way that humans do. Instead of hearing vibrations, he sees the wavelengths of sounds and can determine what is being said that way. Also, despite having no eyes, his entire body functions as one big eye, though he sees things differently than humans do. What he sees is mostly sounds' wavelengths. These wavelengths are of different colors which, according to his species, can determine much about whatever has made the sound.

8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (Spare)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (Math)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (Science)
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (History)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (Language Arts)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Band)
---
#1148 Posted: 18:38:28 01/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Rachel's anxiety was progressively getting worse as the day went on. First she was late to math class, which she still didn't know how that happened. Then she had a whole 'nother pretest to take. Then she hadn't read as much of her book as she would have liked. And now Mari was no doubt upset. Great. Perfect. If she had been close to tears earlier, now she was close to curling up in the corner and bawling. Why wasn't anything going right? As she made her way into art class, she practically darted to a corner, uncharacteristic of her. But if she was going to cry, she didn't need the entire class seeing it.

Peeking through her fingers to see if anyone was staring at her yet, she noticed that Shane had sat down. Though she obviously couldn't read his thoughts, it occurred to her that she should probably go sit with him. Making friends when you're the new kid was difficult enough, she knew, even if she knew not from firsthand experience. She didn't want him to be sitting alone. But she didn't want to hurl her emotional baggage at the poor guy, either. Letting out a shaky breath, she rubbed angrily at the corner of her eye before burying her face in her desk. No, she wasn't going over there. No one should have to put up with me while I'm freaking out, she reasoned with herself. Someone else could sit with Shane. She needed a moment to herself.
---
#1149 Posted: 00:14:56 19/04/2020
Syndral had actually taken her time getting to art class, as she had spent the trip looking around in the hallway for a certain someone in particular. Since she hadn't found him yet, she went ahead and dropped her things off at art class. She left her books on a table and left her little robotic fly in charge of guarding her belongings in the meantime. Syndral was so focused on her current task that she hardly even noticed that Rachel was hiding in the corner of the room. Instead, she marched right back outside the classroom and positioned herself near the door. Syndral leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, in search of her fellow Order agent, Morph. They had plenty of important things to discuss.

~ ~ ~

Dax was certainly in no hurry to get to class as usual, but still arrived well on time, due to art actually being a class that he liked. It was a pretty chill, easy class, which suited him fine. He walked into the room with a bounce in his step. Dax hummed an energetic tune as he drummed on the walls, the furniture, and various other things, with the two pencils he had in his hands. He wasn't listening to any music, though, and instead simply made his own.

As he made his way around the room during the course of his "drum" solo, he noticed Rachel huddled in the corner. Dax moved his little one man show in her direction and happily sat down next to her with a grin. He lightly drummed on her desk to get her attention. "Hey, Rach, it's rude to nap during a concert," Dax chuckled.
---
#1150 Posted: 22:42:13 20/04/2020
Syndral would soon find out that her comrade had the same idea. When he rounded the hallway's corner, a hand running through the mess of faux coils on his head, Morph's eyes honed onto her dark figure the moment he recognized it. He pushed past the crowd of students, glaring at whoever took any level of effort to muscle past. That irritation would soon melt away to relief once they were side by side along the wall.

"I'll start. Math class was fine. Mr. Locklear's as stuffy as ever, but no one pitched a fit about him this time, thank god." He paused, taking that moment to scan her face for any hints of tension or turmoil underneath. There were none, but he knew well enough that the surface meant nothing when it came to Syndral. "How was... what was it... History class, right?"

~~~

Likewise, Zurgon would be getting a recap as well, when his own partner in disguise seated by him. Her backpack was slumped into her lap, protective hands gripping it as wide eyes behind even wider glasses flickered from him, to the other students, to anything that moved really. "Holy crap, you weren't kidding about Mr. Locklear," she whispered loudly. "You could hear a pin drop in the room the whole time."

~~~

"Confidence!" Ms. Espinoza dropped a stack of classwork on her desk with a loud slam, but her voice still managed to cry louder. "Confidence is key! But what a lot of teachers don't realize is that there's a certain skill to keeping them in check. Give them just enough wiggle room, but not enough for them wiggle out of your hold, so to speak." She refused to sit, even while she filed through the papers with a red pen at ready. "And more than anything, you have to remember that these kids aren't just kids. They're kids turning into adults, and we both know how awkward that was when we went through it. It's empathy! A hard thing to keep at when they don't do their work, Adrien." A long note was written on a blank sheet of paper. "But you have to remember that this isn't any easier for them, because how can they know? They're just now getting a taste of what the real world's like. Ah, but I'm rambling now, does that answer your question, Winnie? I can call you Winnie, right?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:14 20/04/2020 by Waaksian
First | Previous | Page 23 of 24 | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me