Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A TV show [CLOSED]
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#1 Posted: 15:35:51 11/03/2014 | Topic Creator
So a while back it was said that Skylanders won't ever get a show because the 'games are the story' or something like that. But I was thinking that really, a show is all it needs to be the next big thing.
The reason Pokemon got so popular was because a show was out so those that couldn't afford the games could still enjoy the series, as well as the toys, books, lunchboxes and cereal brands. And while Skylanders is huge in terms of sales, the average person has no idea what it is or who the characters are. A show would change this.

So here's my question: If Skylanders did have an accompanying show, what would you like it to be about? A new story? A retelling of the games?

Personally, I'd like to see each episode dedicated to a different Skylander, telling the events of how that Skylander was recruited by Eon. Essentially, just a retelling of each Skylander's backstory. That would mean there's already at least 80 (83 if you count Dark Spyro's bio, the Dark Swap Force team's bio and Jolly Bumble Blast's bio) episodes waiting to be made. I would even settle if they were just about the New Skylanders with each game.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 15:38:53 11/03/2014
something like sonic boom or MLP:FIM
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 16:48:42 11/03/2014
As a screenwriter, if I had a hand in a Skylanders TV series, I would do this.

1: While there would be comedy, there would be a seriousness to the show.
2: Each season would deal with a plot by KAOS. Each new season would feature a new plot.
3: Each season would have episodes dealing with stories outside of KAOS' overall plot to take over Skylands.
4: During each season, and depending on how many episodes a season was allowed, there would be episodes called "Origins." If a season consisted of 26 episodes, there would be 6 Origin episodes (episode titles would read like Origins: Wham-Shell, or Origins: Boomer), along with 10 KAOS episodes and 10 episodes that deal with random baddies and happenings around Skylands.
5: Not every Skylander would appear in every episode. However, the Skylanders would reside back where the Core of Light is housed, so you'd probably see a lot of Skylanders walking around in the background.
6: Would take place after the games. This means the Giants and Swap Force have been discovered already. Should a show start after the 4th game, the show would keep in account, the events of the 4th game.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#4 Posted: 17:08:39 11/03/2014
No, please... No more Kaos... X.X

I would actually love a TV show or even- possibly- a movie, as long as Kaos wasn't a big part of the thing, or if they insist on using Kaos for it they need to actually make him a more formidable villain again and develop him a bit more. At this point he's a totally worn-out villain. He was a good rival in SA but he just becomes dumber and dumber in each game, and it feels like he never actually achieves anything in the whole of SF so I really can't take him seriously at this point. I've stopped him several times now and he hasn't learned from his mistakes or grown as a villain... His character development in Giants was very nice, though he was starting to get a bit annoying, but in SF I really was sick of him. The way he acts is just stupid. And it's not that funny or entertaining to watch, because every character in the game acts like that now, it's not unique to Kaos and pretty much leaves the series without a real good bad guy.

I'd have a TV show over a movie because the games are meant to be interactive movies, though... And the format they follow could tell a story kinda like a movie well enough. A TV show would be more slice-of-life-ish, and I'd really enjoy that. Plus, with a TV show they could focus on more of the Skylanders instead of just tossing the "favourites" into the main roles for a movie.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:14:35 11/03/2014 by Arc of Archives
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#5 Posted: 18:13:20 11/03/2014
Guys, guys…**ok this is going to sound kind of crazy, but…**what if the show was an animated series packaged into Skylanders 4, and interfacing with your portal, so you can swap in the hero of the story to be your Skylander of choice?

I know that sounds crazy but it's not impossible to do in a layered way (so you can swap in and out the character layer). It could also be rendered in the in-game engine which would make this even more straightforward and Swap Force already looks like an animated movie on the PS4!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 19:08:17 11/03/2014
I was thinking of a show where random Skylanders go on random adventures.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#7 Posted: 19:55:50 11/03/2014
This would be good, could start with Spyro joining the Skylanders and from then on following the adventures of all of them!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#8 Posted: 00:05:41 12/03/2014
I agree with Arc. I'm getting tried of Kaos. For a T.V. show, I think they should use Count Moneybone. He's a great character. Arrogant, selfish and greedy, but a coward that can't do anything on his own. Excellent voice acting too. There'd be a few other villians as well, but wouldn't be seen as much as Moneybone.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#9 Posted: 01:07:54 12/03/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I agree with Arc. I'm getting tried of Kaos. For a T.V. show, I think they should use Count Moneybone. He's a great character. Arrogant, selfish and greedy, but a coward that can't do anything on his own. Excellent voice acting too. There'd be a few other villians as well, but wouldn't be seen as much as Moneybone.

Yes, but is it takes place after the games, he wouldn't be there because
He dies after you defeat him!
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#10 Posted: 01:21:46 12/03/2014
Quote: mrdarkspyro

Uh, he's already Undead.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 04:26:34 12/03/2014

In my mind the tv show would be a proving ground for up and coming villains that could eventually dethrone or assist on the villain duty list. Much like how the Sonic show had Eggman as the main villain but with lots of subplots and situations to deal with over a season.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#12 Posted: 05:55:11 12/03/2014
Skylanders needs a TV show if it wants to continue. It gives kids a personality to associate a character with. This, in turn, could turn shelf-warmers into hot toys.

It could also make the Skylanders seem...much more busy. Honestly, the 3DS version is what interests me because it's a new villain every time (though the one in Giants was terrible). Kaos is getting long in the tooth.

It would also be a great way to market the toys. New episode introduces a new character (even if for a cameo, like they are the go-to Skylander of a town that the main characters visit) and some of them might stay the whole season (like a Giants season/Swap Force season) while others get replaced. Have it be a mixture of MLP:FiM feel with the character interaction/introduction and plot forwarding nature of Beast Wars.

It should have happened with Giants but whatever.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:58:50 12/03/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#13 Posted: 07:50:42 12/03/2014
Something that focuses more on the characters' personalities and their career as heroes instead of a story-driven series/foiling Kaos's plots every time.
The games should cover the main story, while the show would be for smaller nuggets.

So maybe one day they'll go on a mission to save a village from [insert semi-organized enemy species here], a newcomer is welcomed in but maybe someone doesn't get along, obligatory "flashback" episode showing backstories, an entire episode focused on Snuckles, etc.

The cast would ideally cycle frequently. Understandably, the merchandise favorites would be showcased often but not so often that everyone else might as well be background characters.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#14 Posted: 11:57:18 12/03/2014
If you want to know what a Skylanders show would be like, watch the new Pac-Man show airing.

Imagine that with Skylanders. It's aimed at a rather young market and I can't see the TV show being any different. I don't enjoy the new Pac-Man because it's just too childish for me.

There could be lots of great ideas for Skylanders as a series but quite frankly it wouldn't happen due to the target market.

Watch Gormitti the TV show too. Ugh.

We would be extremely lucky to get anything near approaching Pokemon.
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#15 Posted: 00:40:11 13/03/2014
Quote: mrdarkspyro

Uh, he's already Undead.

Yes, but according to my brother,
His power source falls out and he dies. So he isn't really undead, more of a cyborg.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me